Mook
Clodagh Rubbish
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Investment incoming - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Reading the last few posts it’s best we just Jack it in now supporting the team cos we’ve no chance of achieving sod all.
I clearly remember this type of chatter in the Sturrock mark 2 era, marquee striker et al and we bought MaClean and we all know how that worked out.
I saw enough in the second half on Wednesday to be optimistic for this season.
But bugger all that Plymouth Parkway it is then.

I was in the same mindset as you until the start of this season when it was obvious that the spending wasn't matching the chatter. This is a tough league, everyone uses data anylitics and there are many teams  that have more money than us, there are two ways of topping this league either grow your fan base or pump money in via the shareholders. Hallett has written off the latter and we are getting near capacity crowds and anyway Hallett is actually diverting a lot of that money into long term plan infrastructure.not only is Hallett determined to not strengthen the team but he was actively hawking Cooper and Camara to sell them at the end of last season. You can bugger off to Parkway if you want I will always be an Argyle fan but I'm wondering why I should be investing in Argyle when the chairman is using the money on long term projects which I don't think will ever give us the funds to propel us up the leagues.

The Parkway comment was a tongue in cheek!
I have and will always support Argyle come what may whoever the manager or the owner may be, Howe that doesn’t mean I’ll always agree with the manager and owner, at the moment I’m fairly satisfied.
Hallett has put in 15 million, unless he’s a multi billionaire, which he isn’t, then i don’t think it should shock anybody that he would want to protect that investment by improving the infrastructure.
I’m no different than anybody else in wishing to see an established striker at HP, I had a secret wish for Charlie Austin but he buggered off to Australia! but so called marquee signings come with a risk and the 3 I recall were utter flops.
There will be peaks and troughs but for me my glass is still half full and time will tell as the season progresses.

I thought it was Hallett way ng about marquee signings but in actual fact it was Schuey but you don't have to be a manager or director to see that last season we didn't score enough goals and we haven't changed that this year despite having the funds to do so without Hallett having to dip into his millions. Speaking of such it's the job that Hallett took on when he bought the club and his fifteen million has just been stored in the bricks and mortar of the club, he is no philanthropist and has really just done what's needed in fact in this league he is doing the minimum needed. It would be easier to defend had he not talked about the CCC in five years when he took over, that time is now up and he's now talking even longer term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Reading the last few posts it’s best we just Jack it in now supporting the team cos we’ve no chance of achieving sod all.
I clearly remember this type of chatter in the Sturrock mark 2 era, marquee striker et al and we bought MaClean and we all know how that worked out.

I was in the same mindset as you until the start of this season when it was obvious that the spending wasn't matching the chatter. This is a tough league, everyone uses data anylitics and there are many teams  that have more money than us, there are two ways of topping this league either grow your fan base or pump money in via the shareholders. Hallett has written off the latter and we are getting near capacity crowds and anyway Hallett is actually diverting a lot of that money into long term plan infrastructure.not only is Hallett determined to not strengthen the team but he was actively hawking Cooper and Camara to sell them at the end of last season. You can bugger off to Parkway if you want I will always be an Argyle fan but I'm wondering why I should be investing in Argyle when the chairman is using the money on long term projects which I don't think will ever give us the funds to propel us up the leagues.

I have and will always support Argyle come what may whoever the manager or the owner may be, Howe that doesn’t mean I’ll always agree with the manager and owner, at the moment I’m fairly satisfied.
Hallett has put in 15 million, unless he’s a multi billionaire, which he isn’t, then i don’t think it should shock anybody that he would want to protect that investment by improving the infrastructure.
I’m no different than anybody else in wishing to see an established striker at HP, I had a secret wish for Charlie Austin but he buggered off to Australia! but so called marquee signings come with a risk and the 3 I recall were utter flops.
There will be peaks and troughs but for me my glass is still half full and time will tell as the season progresses.

I thought it was Hallett way ng about marquee signings but in actual fact it was Schuey but you don't have to be a manager or director to see that last season we didn't score enough goals and we haven't changed that this year despite having the funds to do so without Hallett having to dip into his millions. Speaking of such it's the job that Hallett took on when he bought the club and his fifteen million has just been stored in the bricks and mortar of the club, he is no philanthropist and has really just done what's needed in fact in this league he is doing the minimum needed. It would be easier to defend had he not talked about the CCC in five years when he took over, that time is now up and he's now talking even longer term.

That’s no so, he outlined his 5 year plan in February 2020, it’s still there on the website.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

That’s no so, he outlined his 5 year plan in February 2020, it’s still there on the website.

Lol. Hallett took over the club in 2018 and was talking about sustainable CCC club and the five year plan back then and it was always talked about before then when he was on the board with Brent, the five year plan did not start in 2020.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 1:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Lol. Hallett took over the club in 2018 and was talking about sustainable CCC club and the five year plan back then and it was always talked about before then when he was on the board with Brent, the five year plan did not start in 2020.

Can’t do links but the statement below was made on February 26th 2020, all still available on the PAFC website, so not even you can dispute that, so in my mind he has until 2025 to achieve that goal, or earlier.

“ARGYLE owner Simon Hallett has outlined his ambitious new plan for the Pilgrims to become a sustainable Championship football club within five years.

First announced to employees in an all-staff meeting last week, Hallett, the club’s majority shareholder, chaired a presentation which included input from CEO Andrew Parkinson, Football Manager Ryan Lowe, and Director of Football Neil Dewsnip, among others.

Watch the full interview on iFollow

The Argyle Board's bold vision for the club has hardly been a secret up until this point, with many changes – including a new footballing philosophy, a new Mayflower Grandstand, and a new Academy structure – all developed within the last six months. However, this is the first time that Simon has gone on record with a public objective for the Pilgrims’ short-term future.

“We have decided that we needed something more concrete – an interim goal that would communicate to our fans what our ambitions are,” said Simon. “We have said, and I am now saying in public, that we want to be a sustainable Championship club within five years.”

“The key word here is 'sustainable'. I think that we have been transparent that the club is not currently financially sustainable, without my support and my family’s support.

“That is something that I think is risky, and a good steward of this club will make sure that if my support would diminish, the club will be able to continue.”

While the club continues to work towards its goal of being financially sustainable in Sky Bet League Two, Simon believes that this is not an unrealistic objective, even in England’s significantly expensive second-tier. In fact, the more research he and his team have done on the subject, the more confident he becomes that sustainable Championship football is a realistic, and achievable, ambition.

“We were able to do some work on the finances of clubs in the Championship,” explained Simon. “One of the assumptions is that financial resource is a key determinant of on-pitch success.

“It was a pleasant surprise to me. We know that the headline figures in the Championship are dreadful. On average, the clubs are losing £500,000 a week – but the range was much greater than we thought.

“If you ranked them by their financial resources, Argyle, even today, would have resources similar to that of a couple of Championship clubs, even in League Two.

“If we assume that as we move up the leagues, our revenues increase, and we assume that we get better at generating revenues, our resources put us somewhere around 15th, 16th, or 17th. That gives you a very good chance of staying in the Championship. It doesn’t make it 100% certain, of course, but if the club can deliver, we have a very good chance of staying there.”

But how does the club begin to work towards this objective, in reality? The club’s board, under Simon’s guidance, have identified four key ‘pillars’ which will be integral to the success of Argyle moving forward.

“We are looking at the pillars of the club as being ones that can help us generate more revenue. So, on the football side, they are charged with getting two promotions over the next five years. I am not the one to talk to about how they are going to do that, but there are some elements I can talk to,” said Simon.

“Another pillar is the Academy, where we now have Director of Football, Neil Dewsnip, in charge. He’s charged with making our Academy a more effective one. Effectiveness will be measured partly by getting people into the first-team squad on a regular basis. We want the Academy to be what Neil likes to call the ‘beating heart of the club.’

“We think that will be attractive to the fans. Certainly, as a fan, I have loved watching Luke Jephcott have such an impact in January – and going back a couple of years, Ben Purrington.

“I am speaking entirely as a fan. As owner, and Chairman, I like to see a flow of young talent that can hopefully operate at a higher level and generate us transfer fees.”

While on-pitch determinants are important, it is also crucial to the club’s ambition that it builds on a superb start to life in the new Mayflower Grandstand to increase commercial revenues, as well as recruiting more members of the Green Army.

“The third pillar is our commercial activities. Christian Kent, in charge of making this an attractive proposition, is doing a great job. We are stepping up our game, a bit, this year, we already have Little Mix and Westlife coming [to perform concerts at Home Park].”

“The final pillar is our fans, and what we’re doing for them. Providing a better match-day experience, more entertaining football. The response that we want from them is to recognise the direction we’re going; recognise there will be occasional slip-ups and that we won’t win every game but that we’re still worth supporting.

“Delivering high-quality product to our fans, and non-fans, helps our brand. Frankly, the Argyle brand has not been a good one since administration. It’s been associated with poor quality, the ‘same old Argyle’ nonsense.

“I can’t emphasise enough that this is not the same old Argyle.”
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 2:45 pm

The honeymoon is over for SH. I think the fans are now on part two or three of my tagline
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 4:47 pm

Grovehill wrote:
The honeymoon is over for SH. I think the fans are now on part two or three of my tagline

Your commenting for the minority.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 5:42 pm

I personally think he's moving the goalposts the five year plan has been touted very often, anyway he can say what He likes I can't see us getting to the CCC in the next five years yet alone three without investing in the squad.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Hallett needs to attract more investment for the playing side. If Hallett thinks he's not the man to take Argo to the Championship then he needs to seriously think about finding someone else who may be able to and disappearing off into the sunset.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Lovely man lovely family, me and my website remain fully supportive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 7:45 pm

Freathy wrote:
Hallett needs to attract more investment for the playing side.  If Hallett thinks he's not the man to take Argo to the Championship then he needs to seriously think about finding someone else who may be able to and disappearing off into the sunset.

Well he’s made a start this week hasn’t he or doesn’t that count.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I personally think he's moving the goalposts the five year plan has been touted very often, anyway he can say what He likes I can't see us getting to the CCC in the next five years yet alone three without investing in the squad.

Not sure anyone can realistically have a pop at him when he’s only 2 years into a 5 year plan, the fact you thought he’d run out of time is more down to your lack of the basic facts, but whatever, you don’t like him and that’s that, so bend the facts to suit whatever floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 am

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Hallett needs to attract more investment for the playing side.  If Hallett thinks he's not the man to take Argo to the Championship then he needs to seriously think about finding someone else who may be able to and disappearing off into the sunset.

The investment is for infrastructure that may or may not generate some income in the distant future that could perhaps in theory be used for players. A bit like brent's mayflower abomination is supposed to do but obviously won't. None of the £4M investment can be used directly for the playing side which is in desperate need of investment now.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 8:20 am

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

The investment is for infrastructure that may or may not generate some income in the distant future that could perhaps in theory be used for players. A bit like brent's mayflower abomination is supposed to do but obviously won't. None of the £4M investment can be used directly for the playing side which is in desperate need of investment now.

This spend the majority of it on things to increase the revenue, but same time we should be trying to sign players for a fee.

Not just signing on or loan fees for the released and loanees.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:15 am

Jethro wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

The investment is for infrastructure that may or may not generate some income in the distant future that could perhaps in theory be used for players.  A bit like brent's mayflower abomination is supposed to do but obviously won't.  None of the £4M investment can be used directly for the playing side which is in desperate need of investment now.

This spend the majority of it on things to increase the revenue, but same time we should be trying to sign players for a fee.

But if you read the whole article and also Parkinson’s comments, it’s investing in the infrastructure/academy that’ll generate income and subsequently increase the playing budget, you can’t build a house without foundations, we’ve been there.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:16 am

This could be a season of missed opportunity.

Having just missed out on the playoffs the Club should be looking to really "go for it" this season while the supporters are behind them and player will be more willing to join a "progressive" team.

Finish this season outside the top 10 and fans and players alike will think "Same old Argyle"

Players the Club wants to sign will look first and foremost at the team's League position-if that puts them off you don't get a chance to tell them all the "we're buying a new training ground" guff
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:23 am

Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

The investment is for infrastructure that may or may not generate some income in the distant future that could perhaps in theory be used for players.  A bit like brent's mayflower abomination is supposed to do but obviously won't.  None of the £4M investment can be used directly for the playing side which is in desperate need of investment now.

But if you read the whole article and also Parkinson’s comments, it’s investing in the infrastructure/academy that’ll generate income and subsequently increase the playing budget, you can’t build a house without foundations, we’ve been there.

But you still have to live somewhere while you build the house! Or do you live in a cardboard box until the house is built, decorated and had the carpets fitted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:29 am

Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

But you still have to live somewhere while you build the house! Or do you live in a cardboard box until the house is built, decorated and had the carpets fitted?  

Seeing as you asked

Find Short Term Rental Apartments.
Rent an RV or Mobile Home.
Stay in a Vacation Rental.
Book an Extended-Stay Hotel.
Seek Out Corporate Housing.
Look Into Temporary Rental Homes.
Stay with Friends and Family.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 11:14 am

Fans forum quite interesting this morning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Investment incoming
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7