Mook
Clodagh Rubbish
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Investment incoming - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 9:15 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Senior Greens always liked to say yes to the God of shysterdom. Wankers.
Yep they were fully supportive of little jimmy right up till victory day, when Si drained the swamp of the bum licky types and we became a football club again.

Yeap and si is still having too clean up their mess still.

The grandstand that's only just been built having this many faults so soon that he has had too have corrected its no wonder he was keen to accept that £4m offer for 20% of his shares too fix it all once and for all its a disgrace really.
Hallett wouldn’t have to fix it once and for all if he didn’t finish Brent’s plan off in the first place ..that’s always baffled me

Th work was starting so i guess he thought at the time given the stalling and money wasted already to get done no matter what. I gather had he had controlling interest he would have scrapped brent's plan and redone it as it must have been the cheaper option in the long run compared to what he is having to do now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 9:16 pm

It was the cheap option.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Buy cheap you pay twice.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 9:48 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
It was the cheap option.
and how did that work out for him im guessing not very cheap in the long run
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 9:51 pm

Jethro wrote:
Buy cheap you pay twice.
and who winds up paying for it ..The fans
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 8:18 am

After more money is wasted trying to put right brent's abomination it will still be shit with a tiny roof and no corners.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 9:13 am

You are definitely right about the roof Freathers.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 10:34 am

akagreengull wrote:
You are definitely right about the roof Freathers.

I'm sure the farm will come up with some farm branded bin liners for the lower mayflower when it pisses down
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 11:32 am

Freathy wrote:
After more money is wasted trying to put right brent's abomination it will still be shit with a tiny roof and no corners.

And we will still be in league 1.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 3:04 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
No conspiracy theory here just some niggling that we aren't spending more on the team and some curiosity of where they will actually spend the money, it's you lot that are determined to twist my argument to make it look like I hate investment in the club.
Feel free to quote anything that I have said to the contrary.

Happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong but last season's budget was mid table?  Along with all the work on the infrastructure I'm fine with that for now, it's far better than the battling relegation or 10th placed budget in League 2 we've previously had to endure.  The stadium has suffered from years of neglect and it's being addressed.  I think it's a given the £4m will be spent further improving the infrastructure, whether it be stadium improvements or better training facilities, it can only be a good thing.  I wouldn't say you hate investment, I just think you're being impatient and not fully appreciating the improvements we've already seen.

i see you mentioned the money being used in part to improve the training facilities which would be a good thing but i have to ask beyond what the club has done already to Harper's Park and its size and location what can the club do to improve them beyond their current level? theres not alot more they can do.

I would like to see the club eventually move out of harpers park and invest in a new training ground.

That was quick lol

good news to hear we are getting a new training ground with modern mod cons and shit.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 10:00 am

I wonder with the new investors aboard whether we will see our playing budget diverted to infrastructure year after year?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I wonder with the new investors aboard whether we will see our playing budget diverted to infrastructure year after year?

well we still need a striker so i hope they see sense in allowing some of their money to go towards signing one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 4:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

well we still need a striker so i hope they see sense in allowing some of their money to go towards signing one.

The trouble is with the big crowds Sigh thinks that the Janners are lapping up lge. 1 football period, I just don't think he knows how quickly the support will drift away once our league position stays the same or god forbid drops, I have seen it happen many many times in my life.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 4:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The trouble is with the big crowds Sigh thinks that the Janners are lapping up lge. 1 football period, I just don't think he knows how quickly the support will drift away once our league position stays the same or god forbid drops, I have seen it happen many many times in my life.

Of course it will whilst we do need to improve facilities and invest in a new training ground as the loing term benefits will be untold for the club they cant come at the expense of the team now and if as you say the team suffers the fans will let the board know their displeasure in seeing a decline in the teams results and lack of transfer activity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 4:31 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Still a few pennies left in the budget.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 4:53 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I hope so and i hope its spent wisely too on a striker cause Hardie cant do it all on his own up front for goals.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

pp

lol! Shame we aren't still shopping in Brenties bargain basement, or are we ?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:38 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes, property builds the balance sheet, players are just a financial liability.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Of course it will whilst we do need to improve facilities and invest in a new training ground  as the loing term benefits will be untold for the club they cant come at the expense of the team now and if as you say the team suffers the fans will let the board know their displeasure in seeing a decline in the teams results and lack of transfer activity.

Could be the richest, best equipped Club in the National League
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I hope so and i hope its spent wisely too on a striker cause Hardie cant do it all on his own up front for goals.

You don't get it do you? Players cost money in transfer fees and wages then when their Contract is up they just walk away.

Why do you think Man Ure went after a 33 year old West Ham reject? Cheap fee, low wages-probably less than £15 million total for a year when De Jong will cost £100 million plus once you add on the £million/month wages!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 6:28 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You don't get it do you? Players cost money in transfer fees and wages then when their Contract is up they just walk away.

Why do you think Man Ure went after  a 33 year old West Ham reject? Cheap fee, low wages-probably less than £15 million total  for a year when De Jong will cost £100 million plus once you add on the £million/month wages!

What the business men ignore is the competitive element of football, once the team slides down the leagues then the fans walk away. Time will tell but I am seriously going off Hallett and co, fans will only buy into his vision if it's matched by success on the pitch and that won't come on the cheap in fact on the cheap I reckon we have found our level.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 6:50 pm

Always said under Hallett the very best we can be is a L1/L2 yo-yo club.  We have clearly not strengthened in relation to other clubs this season so we're probably coming towards the end of our latest stint in L1.  Maybe not this season but next season we will be relegation fodder for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 6:16 am

Reading the last few posts it’s best we just Jack it in now supporting the team cos we’ve no chance of achieving sod all.
I clearly remember this type of chatter in the Sturrock mark 2 era, marquee striker et al and we bought MaClean and we all know how that worked out.
I saw enough in the second half on Wednesday to be optimistic for this season.
But bugger all that Plymouth Parkway it is then.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 8:50 am

Graiser wrote:
Reading the last few posts it’s best we just Jack it in now supporting the team cos we’ve no chance of achieving sod all.
I clearly remember this type of chatter in the Sturrock mark 2 era, marquee striker et al and we bought MaClean and we all know how that worked out.

I was in the same mindset as you until the start of this season when it was obvious that the spending wasn't matching the chatter. This is a tough league, everyone uses data anylitics and there are many teams that have more money than us, there are two ways of topping this league either grow your fan base or pump money in via the shareholders. Hallett has written off the latter and we are getting near capacity crowds and anyway Hallett is actually diverting a lot of that money into long term plan infrastructure.not only is Hallett determined to not strengthen the team but he was actively hawking Cooper and Camara to sell them at the end of last season. You can bugger off to Parkway if you want I will always be an Argyle fan but I'm wondering why I should be investing in Argyle when the chairman is using the money on long term projects which I don't think will ever give us the funds to propel us up the leagues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 9:11 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I was in the same mindset as you until the start of this season when it was obvious that the spending wasn't matching the chatter. This is a tough league, everyone uses data anylitics and there are many teams  that have more money than us, there are two ways of topping this league either grow your fan base or pump money in via the shareholders. Hallett has written off the latter and we are getting near capacity crowds and anyway Hallett is actually diverting a lot of that money into long term plan infrastructure.not only is Hallett determined to not strengthen the team but he was actively hawking Cooper and Camara to sell them at the end of last season. You can bugger off to Parkway if you want I will always be an Argyle fan but I'm wondering why I should be investing in Argyle when the chairman is using the money on long term projects which I don't think will ever give us the funds to propel us up the leagues.

The Parkway comment was a tongue in cheek!
I have and will always support Argyle come what may whoever the manager or the owner may be, Howe that doesn’t mean I’ll always agree with the manager and owner, at the moment I’m fairly satisfied.
Hallett has put in 15 million, unless he’s a multi billionaire, which he isn’t, then i don’t think it should shock anybody that he would want to protect that investment by improving the infrastructure.
I’m no different than anybody else in wishing to see an established striker at HP, I had a secret wish for Charlie Austin but he buggered off to Australia! but so called marquee signings come with a risk and the 3 I recall were utter flops.
There will be peaks and troughs but for me my glass is still half full and time will tell as the season progresses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Investment incoming
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next