Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 9:24 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
League One will be a tough one this season. Pompey/Derby/Barnsley/Posh/Reading/Blackpool -with two possibles in Charlton/Wigan -  all trying to get promoted in 2023-2024, especially Derby.

I suppose Derby are bookies favs to go up by ripping the division apart !

I hear Pompey are signing players willy-nilly. Will look at the League One transfer  market later.

Our friends along the A:38 there will find League One a tougher division this season me thinks. 2022-2023 was a good season for them. Newly promoted and continuing that feel good factor.

I think a relegation dogfight could on the cards for the side this time around.
All they have signed is untried kids and a couple of non league donkeys, the red few get all moist when they sell players but seem happy that Sacked everywhere  he's been Caldwell is only bringing in cheap dross, they are shit and deserve to go down for total lack of ambition. Very Happy

I will put a bet on that they do get relegated and  make a swift return to L2,  where they belong  Cool  

Wonder how much the likes of Derby and Barnsley will spend to try and get out of L1. Barnsley admitted they had a L1 budget last season and lost out in that Yorkshire Play-Off final .I do not not know how much it was though. It will probably be a tad higher this time around.

I see reading had a transfer embargo lifted so they will be active no doubt.

Looking at L1, if the big guns are not in those final six places coming up to, and at the end of the season, heads will be called for from disgruntled fans.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:37 am

VillageGreen wrote:
[Our friends along the A:38 there will find League One a tougher division this season me thinks. 2022-2023 was a good season for them. Newly promoted and continuing that feel good factor. I will put a bet on that they do get relegated and make a swift return to L2,  where they belong....

Aha! So that's the Village whatchamacallit's take on things even before City have completed their team building. I think you've well and truly jumped the gun. You see, Caldwell might take to sponging the odd coterie of players from higher division clubs ... a very popular pastime hereabouts.

VG, my friendly advice is to steer clear of the bookies Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:59 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Our friends along the A:38 there will find League One a tougher division this season me thinks. 2022-2023 was a good season for them. Newly promoted and continuing that feel good factor.

I think a relegation dogfight could on the cards for the side this time around.
All they have signed is untried kids and a couple of non league donkeys, the red few get all moist when they sell players but seem happy that Sacked everywhere  he's been Caldwell is only bringing in cheap dross, they are shit and deserve to go down for total lack of ambition. Very Happy[/quote]

Good Morning Suffy, did you pop along the ol' A38 to watch the Turk's game? Tell me, how did your formidable match forecasting ability fare? I'm betting you're maintaining your usual standard Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:21 pm

Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell, has now sold every player in the old squad and replaced them with poundland specials, have the Trust nerd elite blown all the money on the Cat and Big fiddle vanity shed building  scam, hence the fire sell ?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 10:11 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell, has now sold every player in the old squad and replaced them with poundland specials....

Suffy, old bean, when their contract is up and another club offers them more money, wouldn't you, as a player, grasp it with both hands when you consider a professional footballers career could be just a blip in their lifespan?

As regards Caldwell, there are two time-honoured adages that spring to mind: (1) The Person Who Never Makes a Mistake Will Never Make Anything.

(2) Give Plymouth Argyle fans (or similar) a typewriter and they'll eventually type the entire works of Shakespeare. Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 10:28 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell, has now sold every player in the old squad and replaced them with poundland specials, have the Trust nerd elite blown all the money on the Cat and Big fiddle vanity shed building  scam, hence the fire sell ?

You do make me laugh Suffers. cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 10:36 am

Almost time to update this thread. However, I'd just like to remind Suffy that City have just landed another £1m+ on top of the nearly £5m that the 22 year old who came up through the Academy has already netted for the Club. Remind me how long ago it was that Argyle netted that kind of money, and remind me how long ago it was.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 6:59 pm

Grace Less wrote:
I'd just like to remind Suffy that City have just landed another £1m+ on top of the nearly £5m that the 22 year old who came up through the Academy has already netted for the Club.

£1.400 smackeroos (smirk) popcorn
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 7:30 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Grace Less wrote:
I'd just like to remind Suffy that City have just landed another £1m+ on top of the nearly £5m that the 22 year old who came up through the Academy has already netted for the Club.

So what are going to spend it on? Team strengthening or more investment in the youth policy so that you can sell players in future to enable you to finish 15th in the third division [if you're lucky] again?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 9:07 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Grace Less wrote:

So what are going to spend it on?

Don't quote me on it but I've heard that monies have been put aside to build gender neutral toilets in case Argyle are relegated. Wink
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Exeter add old Tom Carroll (Andys dad) to their relegation squad, not played for a year and only managed 65 games in the last five years, looks like Sacko Caldwell is determined to finish twenty fourth and get another payoff.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:25 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Exeter add old Tom Carroll (Andys dad) to their relegation squad, not played for a year and only managed 65 games in the last five years, looks like Sacko Caldwell is determined to finish twenty fourth and get another payoff.

Plymirth's very own 'Mystic Mug' must be knee-deep in the entrails of sheep / poultry trying to figure what the Gods have in store for ECFC. It's becoming an alarming obsession. The fact that City is squirreling a further £1.4million in Coutts' vaults must weigh heavily on his fragile mind. (titter)

The reality is that Suffy should be looking closer to home because if the greenies crash back into div1, this bloke Whittaker will still be trousering four years of serious dosh - you might even have to let him go Basketball
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 6:39 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Plymirth's very own 'Mystic Mug' must be knee-deep in the entrails of sheep / poultry trying to figure what the Gods have in store for ECFC. It's becoming an alarming obsession. The fact that City is squirreling a further £1.4million in Coutts' vaults must weigh heavily on his fragile mind. (titter)

The reality is that Suffy should be looking closer to home because if the greenies crash back into div1, this bloke Whittaker will still be trousering four years of serious dosh - you might even have to let him go Basketball    
Argyle and the fans are ambitious, exeter and the red few seen happy to sign a crocked old geezer who has not  for played for a year or much for the last five, enjoy the trustnerd/Caldwell dream cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 8:06 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Argyle and the fans are ambitious, exeter and the red few seen happy to sign a crocked old geezer who has not  for played for a year or much for the last five, enjoy the trustnerd/Caldwell dream cheers cheers

It goes on and on and on - It's like Groundhog Day morphing into Suffyhog Day - or even more accurately, Suffyhog Season as he repeats this stultifying thread (check it yourselves) in similar wordage year after year. Standby for more of the same in 2024 (groan) Wink Wink

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 10:07 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

It goes on and on and on - It's like Groundhog Day morphing into Suffyhog Day - or even more accurately, Suffyhog Season as he repeats this stultifying thread (check it yourselves) in similar wordage year after year. Standby for more of the same in 2024 (groan) Wink  Wink

And yet you keep reading it and responding Basketball Think i've touched a nerve with the Trust Nerd/Caldwell nightmare cheers After twenty years of Trust ownership you still play in a eight thousand capacity shit hole staduimm and avoiding relegation from league one is your only ambition lol!  Now that Sacked everywhere he's been has flogged every player with value all you've got left is crocked old guys and non league no marks, what are you going to do when there is nothing left to sell ? albino
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 3:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

It goes on and on and on - It's like Groundhog Day morphing into Suffyhog Day - or even more accurately, Suffyhog Season as he repeats this stultifying thread (check it yourselves) in similar wordage year after year. Standby for more of the same in 2024 (groan) Wink  Wink

And yet you keep reading it and responding Basketball Think i've touched a nerve with the Trust Nerd/Caldwell nightmare cheers After twenty years of Trust ownership you still play in a eight thousand capacity shit hole staduimm and avoiding relegation from league one is your only ambition lol!  Now that Sacked everywhere he's been has flogged every player with value all you've got left is crocked old guys and non league no marks, what are you going to do when there is nothing left to sell ? albino

Yes, I found myself reading your post with all the enthusiasm of Joseph Goebbels reading the Communist Party Manifesto. I've explained lucidly enough that once their contract is finished, players are free to try for greater remuneration elsewhere which some did. I believe even your lot was interested in one player. Plus it's full marks to City for washing their hands of Jevani Brown who punched a female in the city centre. We have no truck with people like that.

I say again, like others, I'm quite prepared to give Gary Caldwell a chance since the 'two' City boards have at long last 'grown some' which resulted Paul Tisdale getting the much deserved heave-ho. As for St. James Park: As far as I can remember, a survey among fans decided to remain in the city centre rather than move elsewhere. plus it ain't easy going toe-to-toe with the Chiefs.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 4:12 pm

Exeter getting tonked by Torquay in their PSF LOL
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 4:58 pm

Torquay 4 Caldwells Aces 0. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers :joker:Coming together nicely!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 7:20 pm

https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/torquay-utd-versus-the-exeter-city-pre-season-friendly-saturday-22nd-july-3-00-p-m-kickoff.64485/
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 7:52 pm

Tgwu wrote:
https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/torquay-utd-versus-the-exeter-city-pre-season-friendly-saturday-22nd-july-3-00-p-m-kickoff.64485/

Some laughable excuse making in there among the more realistic posts-Torquay roughed us up, we're against the wind this half, it's their cup final etc. Bears an uncanny resemblance to when Argyle lost 5-0 to Yeovil in a pre season friendly a few years ago which in fact was a true reflection of the ability of the teams at the time. Looks more like a September sacking now.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:04 am

Meet a nice lady and her friend from Bovey Tracey in Newton Abbot Austins cafe. She has a new job at Exeter new training ground as a cleaner which has not gone down to well with the rest of the family who are big Argyle fans. The ground has it official opening this week.

On the way back to the car I meet a nice gentleman wearing his Argyle jacket, he was over the moon with the new Argyle signings. (I was wondering if he was on this site?)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:40 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Some laughable excuse making in there among the more realistic posts-Torquay roughed us up, we're against the wind this half, it's their cup final etc. Bears an uncanny resemblance to when Argyle lost 5-0 to Yeovil in a pre season friendly a few years ago which in fact was a true reflection of the ability of the teams at the time. Looks more like a September sacking now.
Jeez some on that site are worse than Pasoti posters for being in total denial.  I said when Exeter were promoted they would have one good season in L1 and then be relegated the following season (i.e. this season).  Can't see them being able to sack Caldwell easily either- even though all his other clubs managed it  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 5:50 am

Poor Hugh, he tries valiantly to fight his corner but gets little help from the affliction he's been dealt.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 2:52 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Poor Hugh, he tries valiantly to fight his corner but gets little help from the affliction he's been dealt.

Truth be known, the 0-0 draw at Bath City gave me serious food for thought. However, it's necessary to put that 'slight' hiccup quickly behind us as we've got both Bristol City and Weston-Super-Mare tomorrow in a double header. Having said that, should there be some obvious weaknesses within the current crop of players then the notoriously stingy board will be compelled to loosen the purse strings.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 4:38 pm

Love the whining on exenerdweb, Torquay ruffed up the little darlings and that was the reason a team three leagues below stufffed them Very Happy Very Happy Naturally Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell, has been using the same excuse! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next