Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 5:07 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Poor Hugh, he tries valiantly to fight his corner but gets little help from the affliction he's been dealt.

i like hugh despite who he supports, hes more human than some who have been on here in the past.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 9:00 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Love the whining on exenerdweb, Torquay ruffed up the little darlings and that was the reason a team three leagues below stufffed them Very Happy Very Happy Naturally Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell, has been using the same excuse! cheers cheers cheers

Lost their 3 best players from last season

Finlands 3rd choice, who was binned off by Burton Albion last year after only playing 4 league games.

What could go wrong
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 12:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Torquay ruffed up the little darlings and that was the reason a team three leagues below stufffed them Very Happy Very Happy Naturally Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell, has been using the same excuse! cheers cheers cheers

I'd forgotten all about the Turks game and therefore only realised the result on reading it on these very pages. However, I'm not feeling quite so bad now because you green arsed sphincters didn't have the the gumption to inform your readers that City played most of the match with "10 men". Shocked Shocked

You watch City shine tonight Basketball Wink

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 2:08 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Torquay ruffed up the little darlings and that was the reason a team three leagues below stufffed them Very Happy Very Happy Naturally Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell, has been using the same excuse! cheers cheers cheers

I'd forgotten all about the Turks game and therefore only realised the result on reading it on these very pages. However, I'm not feeling quite so bad now because you green arsed sphincters didn't have the the gumption to inform your readers that City played most of the match with "10 men".  Shocked  Shocked

You watch City shine tonight  Basketball  Wink      

Who’ve they got? The Kings Arms 2nd 11?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 7:42 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

I'd forgotten all about the Turks game and therefore only realised the result on reading it on these very pages. However, I'm not feeling quite so bad now because you green arsed sphincters didn't have the the gumption to inform your readers that City played most of the match with "10 men".  Shocked  Shocked

Didn't age all that well really Hughers, unless you meant a different City:

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/bristol-city-report/

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 9:52 pm

[quote="Greenskin"]
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Didn't age all that well really Hughers, unless you meant a different City

Let's look at Brizzle City's results:

QPR 0-2 Bristol City

Swindon town 1-7 Bristol City

Bristol City 6-2 Turksville

Bristol City 8-0 Newport County

Bristol City 4-1 Oxford Utd

Bristol City 4-0 Exeter City

With results like that you sort of wonder if and when Schuey will be sniffing around for a few loanees. ( titter) Wink

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 10:18 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

QPR 0-2 Bristol City

With results like that you sort of wonder if and when Schuey will be sniffing around for a few loanees. ( titter)  Wink  

Clutching at straws a bit to get consolation from not losing 8-1 but on a wider issue,seems that the Turnips have had a similar pre season programme to Argyle ie nearly all against lower division teams.Wonder why that is-get some confidence from scoring goals and winning maybe,like the great Hungary teams playing against poor opposition and beating them about 25-0. Must say that, if that is the case, BCFC have made a good job of it looking at those results.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 9:34 am

Greenskin wrote:

QPR 0-2 Bristol City

With results like that you sort of wonder if and when Schuey will be sniffing around for a few loanees. ( titter)  Wink  

[/quote]
[/quote]

Clutching at straws a bit to get consolation from not losing 8-1.......[/quote]

Something like that - good news is that we absolutely crushed Weston-Super-Mare by a massive 2-3 Very Happy

I've mentioned before now that City have a habit of signing players almost the last minute before start of season, therefore I'm hoping for a continuation of that plan (fingers crossed).

Mr G, you've got your finger on the pulse, what chance Schuey might pop into mighty Ashton gate for a few loanees should those Premier League signings fail to materialise Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 1:33 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:

QPR 0-2 Bristol City

[/quote]

Something like that - good news is that we absolutely crushed Weston-Super-Mare by a massive 2-3 Very Happy

I've mentioned before now that City have a habit of signing players almost the last minute before start of season, therefore I'm hoping for a continuation of that plan (fingers crossed).

Mr G, you've got your finger on the pulse, what chance Schuey might pop into mighty Ashton gate for a few loanees should those Premier League signings fail to materialise  Wink  Wink  
[/quote]

It's been known. We had Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Zack Vyner on loan and judging by their subsequent career path, a spell at HP did them no harm at all. Probably be looking at premier loans now but i guess if Schuey thought that a young turnip would be beneficial to Argyle and the move suited both parties then why not?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 1:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

QPR 0-2 Bristol City

Mr G, you've got your finger on the pulse, what chance Schuey might pop into mighty Ashton gate for a few loanees should those Premier League signings fail to materialise  Wink  Wink  
[/quote]

It's been known. We had Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Zack Vyner on loan and judging by their subsequent career path, a spell at HP did them no harm at all. Probably be looking at premier loans now but i guess if Schuey thought that a young turnip would be beneficial to Argyle and the move suited both parties then why not?[/quote]

I think if BC were a Big Fish in the Championship there may be a chance of loans, but I was looking at Skybet yesterday and bookies don’t fancy City for even a top half finish. I work with a couple BC season ticket holders, and while Lansdown will continue to safeguard City financially, it appears he’s not keen on carrying on throwing tens of millions of his personal wealth at the football club, purely to tread water.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 8:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

QPR 0-2 Bristol City

Clutching at straws a bit to get consolation from not losing 8-1.......

[/quote]

It's been known. We had Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Zack Vyner on loan and judging by their subsequent career path, a spell at HP did them no harm at all. Probably be looking at premier loans now but i guess if Schuey thought that a young turnip would be beneficial to Argyle and the move suited both parties then why not?[/quote][/quote]

Why not indeed. Just had a shufti at Exeweb and noticed that Finn Azaz has returned for yet another season with the Argyle. So, all appearances point to Schuey playing the same hand as last year. The sum total of loanees so far is......scratch
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 5:33 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

QPR 0-2 Bristol City

Clutching at straws a bit to get consolation from not losing 8-1.......

It's been known. We had Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Zack Vyner on loan and judging by their subsequent career path, a spell at HP did them no harm at all. Probably be looking at premier loans now but i guess if Schuey thought that a young turnip would be beneficial to Argyle and the move suited both parties then why not?[/quote][/quote]

Why not indeed. Just had a shufti at Exeweb and noticed that Finn Azaz has returned for yet another season with the Argyle. So, all appearances point to Schuey playing the same hand as last year. The sum total of loanees so far is......scratch     [/quote]

Two. Warrington and Azaz.

Which gives plenty of scope to add.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 2:46 pm

Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell and his dogshit recruits will get stuffed at wycombe tomorrow.
The Trust fatcats will soon get rid when he's found out because they wont want the exenerds looking to closely at their twenty years of failure that cant even sustain league one football.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 4:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell and his dogshit recruits will get stuffed at Wycombe.........

Mystic Mug starting off on the wrong foot yet again Razz Must be the past four seasons that ol' Suffy has wrongly predicted City's demise.

Well meaning advice: If that arch bounder says "head north"- be advised to head in a southerly direction Wink
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 4:56 pm

Good win for city especially at Wycombe. We nearly always struggled to get a result there.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 4:56 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sacked everywhere he's been Caldwell and his dogshit recruits will get stuffed at Wycombe.........

Mystic Mug starting off on the wrong foot yet again Razz Must be the past four seasons that ol' Suffy has wrongly predicted City's demise.

Well meaning advice: If that arch bounder says "head north"- be advised to head in a southerly direction Wink
You back from Wycombe quick! Pure fluke how shit must Wycombe be?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 7:26 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Good win for city especially at Wycombe. We nearly always struggled to get a result there.

Wasn't it just, Mr M. If I'm honest, I'd settle for a draw every time thereabouts. By golly It's rewarding to be able discuss matters with someone who knows what he's talking about. Wink

Meanwhile, congrats on a fine second half.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 11:06 am

Some good goals for us. Not seen the city ones. Any good ones?

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 3:44 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Some good goals for us. Not seen the city ones. Any good ones?

I'm afraid I haven't viewed the Argyle goals as yet but City's efforts were pretty nondescript. The first was a pretty tame shot that a better 'keeper might have saved while the second ricocheted around the six yard box before finding the back of the net. The final goal looked the better of the three but there was a hint that the scorer might have been a tad offside which took the gloss off it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 12:21 pm

It counted so it’s a good one.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 3:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

You back from Wycombe quick! Pure fluke how shit must Wycombe be?

I Mostly attend home matches which means a 130 mile M4/5 journey. Weekend 'Tinnies' consumed in Exeter's RN Club followed by return trip Sunday afternoon.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Couple tough games coming up for City I see. Blackpool at home and then Pompey away. Get points from those two then fair shout.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 3:41 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Couple tough games coming up for City I see. Blackpool at home and then Pompey away. Get points from those two then fair shout.

Two tough games which City might, if they're lucky, earn a solitary point. Being honest, I've long believed that it'll take at least 10 games before the league even begins to sort itself out.

Meanwhile, I hope you're more optimistic than Freathy who seems to have thrown in the towel before a ball has been kicked. My take is that Argyle stand a very good chance of staying up but it'll be a mid-table pulsating battle that'll make that bounder Suffy a gibbering wreck. (I hope)Wink
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 8:30 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Two tough games which City might, if they're lucky, earn a solitary point. Being honest, I've long believed that it'll take at least 10 games before the league even begins to sort itself out.

Meanwhile, I hope you're more optimistic than Freathy who seems to have thrown in the towel before a ball has been kicked. My take is that Argyle stand a very good chance of staying up but it'll be a mid-table pulsating battle that'll make that bounder Suffy a gibbering wreck. (I hope)Wink      

That’s normal for Freathy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 6:54 am

Graiser wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

That’s normal for Freathy
As it happens I don't think we will be relegated.  This season will be very tough going with more than a few drubbings for Argo but we will still be a Championship club in 24/25 season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next