Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2023 4:18 pm

Angry wrote:
i see the greeks are all excited they managed to get a deal with adidas to make their gear and new shirt sponsors....

Here's one Greek who isn't. I take a leaf out of my dear old dad's book when he said, "I don't care if they wear different coloured T Shirts as long as I can tell which side is which".

As for shirt decorations: I can vividly recall seeing George Best wearing a United Shirt devoid of both club badge and the manufactures motif.

Still, it's your money.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 11:24 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
i see the greeks are all excited they managed to get a deal with adidas to make their gear and new shirt sponsors....

Here's one Greek who isn't. I take a leaf out of my dear old dad's book when he said, "I don't care if they wear different coloured T Shirts as long as I can tell which side is which".

As for shirt decorations: I can vividly recall seeing George Best wearing a United Shirt devoid of both club badge and the manufactures motif.

Still, it's your money.

i think kits are changing far too often these days its ridiculous especially when the prices are disgusting.In some cases you would struggle to see anything different in the new kit to the old one and argyle are no exception to that we have reused the same style 3 times in ten years.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 5:14 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
EXETER CITY’S EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET RECORD SALES  June 5, 2023  

Exeter City have announced record season ticket sales during the early bird offer period. City fans have shown a vote of confidence in Gary Caldwell and his team ahead of the new 2023/24 season. A number of home games last season were sold out in the home areas, and in particular the seated stands sold out before games, no doubt fans were not wanting to miss out.

A record total of 3⃣2⃣2⃣0⃣ early bird season tickets were snapped up for the 2⃣3⃣/2⃣4⃣ season beating last year's total by 1⃣2⃣0⃣!
Vote of confidence in Gary Payoff lol, three thousand season tickets is fookin sad even by Exeters terrible standard.

Poor ol' Suffy might not like the money possibly heading City's way...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-ampadu-b1089782.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1687522680

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2023 6:12 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Exeter City have announced record season ticket sales during the early bird offer period. City fans have shown a vote of confidence in Gary Caldwell and his team ahead of the new 2023/24 season. A number of home games last season were sold out in the home areas, and in particular the seated stands sold out before games, no doubt fans were not wanting to miss out.

A record total of 3⃣2⃣2⃣0⃣ early bird season tickets were snapped up for the 2⃣3⃣/2⃣4⃣ season beating last year's total by 1⃣2⃣0⃣!
Vote of confidence in Gary Payoff lol, three thousand season tickets is fookin sad even by Exeters terrible standard.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-ampadu-b1089782.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1687522680

another season's rent paid for or will this be a rare occassion where the greeks actually invest that money back into their team
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 5:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

.............will this be a rare occasion where the Greeks actually invest that money back into their team

You got it in one Mr A. Doubtlessly earmarked for Argyle's ultra necessary end of season fire sale. bounce

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 3:08 pm

Why has 5 Argyle ladies players left Argyle to go to Exeter Ladies?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 4:08 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Why has 5 Argyle ladies players left Argyle to go to Exeter Ladies?

A populace city overflowing with Henry Cavill lookalikes ?

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 8:29 pm

Cheers Ivor.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 8:13 am

In Exeter Bastille was playing with Woody the drum wearing the 22/23 Argyle away shirt

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 Woody10
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 1:40 pm

Like his style!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 4:32 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Like his style!

im too sure on his views on the club after listening to him on talksport last week. In a nutshell, he was very aviva, putting over the board and simon strong and recons we will finish mid table with ease...... basically he is freathy if he was on pasoti and had an aviva way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 7:33 pm

Beggar me Excretia are really going for it, another big signing today!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 10:29 pm

Graiser wrote:

From Hayes and Yeading apparently. Is Gary already planning ahead for a successful season in the National league two years hence? Wouldn't put it past the crafty beggar.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 9:03 am

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

From Hayes and Yeading apparently. Is Gary already planning ahead for a successful season in the National league two years hence? Wouldn't put it past the crafty beggar.

As the new season grows ever closer, Peonmouth's Devonian's of a tainted stock just can't help themselves when it comes to having a pop at their more cultured neighbours (smirk) Wink

What's Schuey's cunning plan for the season? I presume it will be to resort to the usual practice of signing cohorts of loanees from a higher league which in this case means the PREMIERSHIP ... if you can get or even afford such a mass of them.

As for Gary Caldwell, I feel he will do well this year which means as we travel upwards we might just pass your ambiguous lot on the bleeding stairs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 10:19 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

As the new season grows ever closer, Peonmouth's Devonian's of a tainted stock just can't help themselves when it comes to having a pop at their more cultured neighbours (smirk) Wink  

What's Schuey's cunning plan for the season? I presume it will be to resort to the usual practice of signing cohorts of loanees from a higher league which in this case means the PREMIERSHIP ... if you can get or even afford such a mass of them.

As for Gary Caldwell, I feel he will do well this year which means as we travel upwards we might just pass your ambiguous lot on the bleeding stairs. Very Happy

That would require smashing your League1 glass ceiling wouldn’t it? Let’s be honest, that hasn’t happened at any time in the last 100(?)odd years, and is highly unlikely to happen any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 11:00 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Schueys cunning plan is as cunning as a cunning plan should be-cunning.
I’m not making any predictions where we’re going to end up but one things for sure we’ll not be passing you going in the opposite direction, worse case is we may join you.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 5:47 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

much like baxter caldwell is struggling to keep his talent at the club
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:

That would require smashing your League1 glass ceiling wouldn’t it? Let’s be honest, that hasn’t happened at any time in the last 100(?)odd years, and is highly unlikely to happen any time soon. [/quote]

Prompt replies from messrs C and G - I expected nothing less. Mr C's post has been bookmarked for later reference while MR G's is laced with elements of uncertainty for PAFC's season while having the usual greenie belief that ECFC's campaign will achieve zilch. Hmm. Yours is bookmarked as well. study study
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 6:38 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

That would require smashing your League1 glass ceiling wouldn’t it? Let’s be honest, that hasn’t happened at any time in the last 100(?)odd years, and is highly unlikely to happen any time soon.

Prompt replies from messrs C and G - I expected nothing less. Mr C's post has been bookmarked for later reference while MR G's is laced with elements of uncertainty for PAFC's season while having the usual greenie belief that ECFC's campaign will achieve zilch. Hmm. Yours is bookmarked as well. study study    [/quote]

You read what you want to read rather than what I actually wrote, my comment referred to you staying where you are and it’s generally felt by most Argyle supporters that staying in the championship would be a successful season, that’s being realistic, so make sure you bookmark that as well.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 12:18 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Much like baxter / caldwell is struggling to keep his talent at the club

If you reached the end of your contract and someone pops up offering a huge wage increase then what would you do?

As regards Rob Baxter, I'm not really sure what is going on. Stuart Hogg was the Chiefs lone marquee player so his retirement frees up his seasonal £500,000 wage. However, that sum is outside the wage cap which Baxter was already butting heads against which meant he was unable to proffer wage rises to the likes of LCD and Jack Nowell, who then went elsewhere. Baxter seems to think he can fashion some sort of team with his current player pool but I'm not so sure - I anticipate at least two years of grubbing along the bottom. Meanwhile Bath and their billionaire owner are buying up players like the first circuit of the bleeding Monopoly Board.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 8:02 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

If you reached the end of your contract and someone pops up offering a huge wage increase then what would you do?

As regards Rob Baxter, I'm not really sure what is going on. Stuart Hogg was the Chiefs lone marquee player so his retirement frees up his seasonal £500,000 wage. However, that sum is outside the wage cap which Baxter was already butting heads against which meant he was unable to proffer wage rises to the likes of LCD and Jack Nowell, who then went elsewhere. Baxter seems to think he can fashion some sort of team with his current player pool but I'm not so sure - I anticipate at least two years of grubbing along the bottom. Meanwhile Bath and their billionaire owner are buying up players like the first circuit of the bleeding Monopoly Board.  

Chiefs have lost alot of key players it wont be easy to rebuild in house if they arent going to go out and bring a few in. Hogg retiring at the worst time as those wages could have kept them Nowell or Simmonds at least. The RFU are in danger of causing the game to implode with its backwards rules on wage budgets that are still being fiddled by some clubs and the rules on international selection on outside the premiership which is going to hurt England badly. I hope Chiefs have a good season but i dont see them being in the title hunt.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 3:31 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Gee, that ground at Bath is naff. Watched Argyle play the gas there a couple of times.

At least we are spared a trip to the Mem this season, a hideous ground if ever there was one.

Blimey, Bath going to do a Wrexham then ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 3:54 pm

League One will be a tough one this season. Pompey/Derby/Barnsley/Posh/Reading/Blackpool -with two possibles in Charlton/Wigan -  all trying to get promoted in 2023-2024, especially Derby.

I suppose Derby are bookies favs to go up by ripping the division apart !

I hear Pompey are signing players willy-nilly. Will look at the League One transfer  market later.

Our friends along the A:38 there will find League One a tougher division this season me thinks. 2022-2023 was a good season for them. Newly promoted and continuing that feel good factor.

I think a relegation dogfight could on the cards for the side this time around.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 4:28 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
League One will be a tough one this season. Pompey/Derby/Barnsley/Posh/Reading/Blackpool -with two possibles in Charlton/Wigan -  all trying to get promoted in 2023-2024, especially Derby.

I suppose Derby are bookies favs to go up by ripping the division apart !

I hear Pompey are signing players willy-nilly. Will look at the League One transfer  market later.

Our friends along the A:38 there will find League One a tougher division this season me thinks. 2022-2023 was a good season for them. Newly promoted and continuing that feel good factor.

I think a relegation dogfight could on the cards for the side this time around.
All they have signed is untried kids and a couple of non league donkeys, the red few get all moist when they sell players but seem happy that Sacked everywhere  he's been Caldwell is only bringing in cheap dross, they are shit and deserve to go down for total lack of ambition. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 7:06 pm

Oh come on Suffs, don’t hide your true feelings bey! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next