Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions

Go down 
+15
mouldyoldgoat
sufferedsince 68
seadog
Graiser
Earwegoagain
Derby_Expats
akagreengull
RegGreen
Freathy
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
Angry
Grovehill
Jethro
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 6:25 pm

Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5554
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 6:26 pm

Pretty amazing that a half arsed rumour can start off a bout of navel gazin' and soul searchin'- there is certainly no concrete evidence that Hardie would be good enough for the championship, very much a pig in a poke for any prospective buyer at that level and wouldn't envisage much more than a moderate fee with add-ons being involved. A more likely target for Lowe would be someone like Grant, Mayor or Galloway if fit but even that is pure speculation-no idea what the needs of the Preston squad are and would very much doubt if the instigator of the rumour has either.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Pretty amazing that a half arsed rumour can start off a bout of navel gazin' and soul searchin'- there is certainly no concrete evidence that Hardie would be good enough for the championship, very much a pig in a poke for any prospective buyer at that level and wouldn't envisage much more than a moderate fee with add-ons being involved. A more likely target for Lowe would be someone like Grant, Mayor or Galloway if fit but even that is pure speculation-no idea what the needs of the Preston squad are and would very much doubt if the instigator of the rumour has either.

And whilst we are all naval gazing do you buy into the five year plan? I believe we have two years to go before we reach the promised land?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7332
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 9:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
What is astonishing, yet not surprising, is that Grovey and Freathy are so blinkered in their love for slagging off everything Argyle, that they aren’t capable of distinguishing between what has happened behind the scenes at Argyle in the last couple of years to what has historically happened before.  

It is the precise attitude that has dogged Argyle for generations...’we’re shit, we’ve always been shit, and I confidently predict we’ll always be shit”.

Janner dinosaurs.

Got it in one. geek
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 9:15 pm

I think we can reach it, but staying in it is a different matter altogether, but I also think that our owner has enough business acumen to be already sounding out prospective purchasers in the USA.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5554
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 9:56 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Pretty amazing that a half arsed rumour can start off a bout of navel gazin' and soul searchin'- there is certainly no concrete evidence that Hardie would be good enough for the championship, very much a pig in a poke for any prospective buyer at that level and wouldn't envisage much more than a moderate fee with add-ons being involved. A more likely target for Lowe would be someone like Grant, Mayor or Galloway if fit but even that is pure speculation-no idea what the needs of the Preston squad are and would very much doubt if the instigator of the rumour has either.

And whilst we are all naval gazing do you buy into the five year plan? I believe we have two years to go before we reach the promised land?

I don't know any more than you do, in fact i can't remember if there ever was any public reference to an official 5 year plan but stand to be educated. Suppose you have to say that occupying a high position in league 1 with a refurbished grandstand [for all that it doesn't represent what i think would have been a truly ambitious statement] does show some progress under this owner-whether that will be maintained remains to be seen. Certainly don't believe that Argyle can ever hope to be a "sustainable championship club", whatever definition may be put to that oft used mantra, without major investment from other sources which Simon Hallett has at least acknowledged-no idea if anything is going on behind the scenes to attract that additional input.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 13526
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 5:06 am

Lowe left under orders from his Missus and has finished up in bed with Ridsdale, lol.

Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9752
Join date : 2011-10-23

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 9:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.

I’d give Freathy and Grovey a break if they were able to recognise when things actually aren’t shit. But they can’t. The good thing about ATD is that we are able to call people out on stuff, isn’t it?

As for the 5 year plan, shorely it’s better to actually aspire to something? If not that’d be another stick to beat the club with? Where’s the ambition etc etc?

My personal opinion is it will be difficult to get to the next level - based purely on league1 budgets. About half the teams in this league are working with bigger budgets than us, some of them because of higher attendance, others because they have owners willing to bankroll the losses they will make. So what we will probably have to do to get there, is overachieve on the pitch, unless Hallett finds somebody to come onboard with next-level investment amounts.

When I first starting going regularly in the early 80’s we had small time local businessmen running the club. That was followed by an egotistical nut job who put money in, then threatened the clubs very existence when it went pair shaped. Along came another local businessman who was way out of his depth and nearly ended the club.  Then we saw a wolf in sheep’s clothing who saw Argyle as a means to make a quick buck when at our lowest ebb - which he did.

Hallett, in comparison, is a world away in almost every sense, from all of them.

That is why I take issue with the age old adage that “we’re Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit” that a few on here have as their depressive mantra.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5411
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:05 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Time will tell but I have confidence in Hallet to finish the job.




Agree with you there.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68


Posts : 6180
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:34 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.
Top post bhey agree with that, nice change from the you must hate argo cause you dont happy clap Si type bollox, we get from the resident dribbler.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 1:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.

I’d give Freathy and Grovey a break if they were able to recognise when things actually aren’t shit. But they can’t. The good thing about ATD is that we are able to call people out on stuff, isn’t it?

As for the 5 year plan, shorely it’s better to actually aspire to something? If not that’d be another stick to beat the club with? Where’s the ambition etc etc?

My personal opinion is it will be difficult to get to the next level - based purely on league1 budgets. About half the teams in this league are working with bigger budgets than us, some of them because of higher attendance, others because they have owners willing to bankroll the losses they will make. So what we will probably have to do to get there, is overachieve on the pitch, unless Hallett finds somebody to come onboard with next-level investment amounts.

When I first starting going regularly in the early 80’s we had small time local businessmen running the club. That was followed by an egotistical nut job who put money in, then threatened the clubs very existence when it went pair shaped. Along came another local businessman who was way out of his depth and nearly ended the club.  Then we saw a wolf in sheep’s clothing who saw Argyle as a means to make a quick buck when at our lowest ebb - which he did.

Hallett, in comparison, is a world away in almost every sense, from all of them.

That is why I take issue with the age old adage that “we’re Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit” that a few on here have as their depressive mantra.

I'd agree with most of what you say what sticks in my craw is the moment anyone says anything not in the Aviva line then they are instantly labelled a negative hater. I have always been a Hallett fan although I am first and foremost a fan of the club and any chairman will always be scrutinized in minute detail the fact he's Putin loads of cash is in his favour but not a get out of jail free card.
Back to the meat of what set this all off I hope the longer contracts do put other clubs off because we know selling the family silver is same old Argyle and will keep us in this league. We have never taken say a million for a player and replaced him with one of a similar value I would love that to change.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 3:48 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
What is astonishing, yet not surprising, is that Grovey and Freathy are so blinkered in their love for slagging off everything Argyle, that they aren’t capable of distinguishing between what has happened behind the scenes at Argyle in the last couple of years to what has historically happened before.  

It is the precise attitude that has dogged Argyle for generations...’we’re shit, we’ve always been shit, and I confidently predict we’ll always be shit”.

Janner dinosaurs.

Got it in one. geek



Try reading my post again. I didn't "slag off" anyone, just gave my view of how things have panned out at Home Park over the last 50 years or so.

Robert Daniel appointed one of England's top young coaches (Waiters) the next Board bought in a Manager (Brown)with a proven record of getting an unfashionable team into the top flight, Dan  Mc666 hired a World famous international who had won the European Cup twice as a player. The trouble was, when things went wrong, or progress was too slow,the owner/Board invariably over react-Waiters getting sacked after being forced to sell Paul Mariner, Shilton succeded at  one point by Mick Jones (a desperately bad manager) Brown replaced by Kemp (who made Brown look good). And of course, each time the wallet was slammed shut.

Given the right support, Managers such as Holloway, Smith and Waiters could well have got Argyle into the top flight, let alone the Championship, but each time the owners chickened out.

I really do hope SH breaks this pattern, but he'll need to pump money into the playing side as every other successful team does. If he doesn't, then the fickle fans (not those on ATD etc) will invariably turn against him.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8067
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 32
Location : Dorset

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.

I’d give Freathy and Grovey a break if they were able to recognise when things actually aren’t shit. But they can’t. The good thing about ATD is that we are able to call people out on stuff, isn’t it?

As for the 5 year plan, shorely it’s better to actually aspire to something? If not that’d be another stick to beat the club with? Where’s the ambition etc etc?

My personal opinion is it will be difficult to get to the next level - based purely on league1 budgets. About half the teams in this league are working with bigger budgets than us, some of them because of higher attendance, others because they have owners willing to bankroll the losses they will make. So what we will probably have to do to get there, is overachieve on the pitch, unless Hallett finds somebody to come onboard with next-level investment amounts.

When I first starting going regularly in the early 80’s we had small time local businessmen running the club. That was followed by an egotistical nut job who put money in, then threatened the clubs very existence when it went pair shaped. Along came another local businessman who was way out of his depth and nearly ended the club.  Then we saw a wolf in sheep’s clothing who saw Argyle as a means to make a quick buck when at our lowest ebb - which he did.

Hallett, in comparison, is a world away in almost every sense, from all of them.

That is why I take issue with the age old adage that “we’re Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit” that a few on here have as their depressive mantra.

Thats the problem, everything never gonna be perfect.
having to take a loan out for a cup of tea and a pasty inside the ground, after its taken 25 mins and having your bollocks fondled to get in,

but at some point we have to see past the we always be shut mantra.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8067
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 32
Location : Dorset

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 5:11 pm

We've been thrown in to the mix for this guy.




Wiki link
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:08 pm

Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.

I’d give Freathy and Grovey a break if they were able to recognise when things actually aren’t shit. But they can’t. The good thing about ATD is that we are able to call people out on stuff, isn’t it?

As for the 5 year plan, shorely it’s better to actually aspire to something? If not that’d be another stick to beat the club with? Where’s the ambition etc etc?

My personal opinion is it will be difficult to get to the next level - based purely on league1 budgets. About half the teams in this league are working with bigger budgets than us, some of them because of higher attendance, others because they have owners willing to bankroll the losses they will make. So what we will probably have to do to get there, is overachieve on the pitch, unless Hallett finds somebody to come onboard with next-level investment amounts.

When I first starting going regularly in the early 80’s we had small time local businessmen running the club. That was followed by an egotistical nut job who put money in, then threatened the clubs very existence when it went pair shaped. Along came another local businessman who was way out of his depth and nearly ended the club.  Then we saw a wolf in sheep’s clothing who saw Argyle as a means to make a quick buck when at our lowest ebb - which he did.

Hallett, in comparison, is a world away in almost every sense, from all of them.

That is why I take issue with the age old adage that “we’re Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit” that a few on here have as their depressive mantra.

Thats the problem, everything never gonna be perfect.
having to take a loan out for a cup of tea and a pasty inside the ground, after its taken 25 mins and having your bollocks fondled to get in,

but at some point we have to see past the we always be shut mantra.

Where do you normally queue for your tea and pasty ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 12:23 pm

Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.

I’d give Freathy and Grovey a break if they were able to recognise when things actually aren’t shit. But they can’t. The good thing about ATD is that we are able to call people out on stuff, isn’t it?

As for the 5 year plan, shorely it’s better to actually aspire to something? If not that’d be another stick to beat the club with? Where’s the ambition etc etc?

My personal opinion is it will be difficult to get to the next level - based purely on league1 budgets. About half the teams in this league are working with bigger budgets than us, some of them because of higher attendance, others because they have owners willing to bankroll the losses they will make. So what we will probably have to do to get there, is overachieve on the pitch, unless Hallett finds somebody to come onboard with next-level investment amounts.

When I first starting going regularly in the early 80’s we had small time local businessmen running the club. That was followed by an egotistical nut job who put money in, then threatened the clubs very existence when it went pair shaped. Along came another local businessman who was way out of his depth and nearly ended the club.  Then we saw a wolf in sheep’s clothing who saw Argyle as a means to make a quick buck when at our lowest ebb - which he did.

Hallett, in comparison, is a world away in almost every sense, from all of them.

That is why I take issue with the age old adage that “we’re Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit” that a few on here have as their depressive mantra.

Thats the problem, everything never gonna be perfect.
having to take a loan out for a cup of tea and a pasty inside the ground, after its taken 25 mins and having your bollocks fondled to get in,

but at some point we have to see past the we always be shut mantra.

Where do you normally queue for your tea and pasty ?

I usually get my bollacks fondled in Barn Park after the game.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 13953
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:23 pm

Midfielder Alfie Lewis is set to undergo a medical with Plymouth Argyle and sign for the club within the next 24-48 hours, a source has exclusively revealed to The72.
Reports last week revealed that Lewis, 22, was set to sign for League One club Plymouth Argyle.

A former youngster with West Ham, he joined Irish club St Pat’s on loan before signing a permanent deal until the end of the 2021 campaign when his Hammers contract expired.

And he’s since shone in Ireland, making 31 appearances in the 2021 League of Ireland campaign and scoring three goals.

The72 can exclusive reveal that Lewis is set to undergo a medical with Plymouth Argyle, who are expected to announce the signing within the next 24 to 48 hours.

The Green Army currently sit in 6th place of the League One table having recently undergone a managerial change, with Steven Schumacher now the man in charge following Ryan Lowe’s move to Preston North End last month.

Lewis looks set to be the first signing of the Schumacher era – up next for Plymouth Argyle is a trip to Birmingham City in the FA Cup this weekend.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5411
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 4:29 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Midfielder Alfie Lewis is set to undergo a medical with Plymouth Argyle and sign for the club within the next 24-48 hours, a source has exclusively revealed to The72.
Reports last week revealed that Lewis, 22, was set to sign for League One club Plymouth Argyle.

A former youngster with West Ham, he joined Irish club St Pat’s on loan before signing a permanent deal until the end of the 2021 campaign when his Hammers contract expired.

And he’s since shone in Ireland, making 31 appearances in the 2021 League of Ireland campaign and scoring three goals.

The72 can exclusive reveal that Lewis is set to undergo a medical with Plymouth Argyle, who are expected to announce the signing within the next 24 to 48 hours.

The Green Army currently sit in 6th place of the League One table having recently undergone a managerial change, with Steven Schumacher now the man in charge following Ryan Lowe’s move to Preston North End last month.

Lewis looks set to be the first signing of the Schumacher era – up next for Plymouth Argyle is a trip to Birmingham City in the FA Cup this weekend.




What sort of standard is the League of Ireland , same as League One , better or worse ?


Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Gawd this place is getting like Pasoti. In any group of people you will get glaß half full and glaß half empty then you get the WUM's like Freathy that have been winding everybody up with precision since way before Brent. To be an Argyle fan that gets nervous every time we approach the January transfer window doesn't make you a pessimist, it doesn't make you an idiot or moron it makes you a realist because we have s3n it so many times before and what's more history would have made said pessimistic moron way more likely to be right than any Argyle optimist. I for one am very sceptical of Si's five year plan I think it's a soundbite a throwaway media thing that is expected of a new chairman. That doesn't mean that I would rather go back to Brent's day it doesn't mean that I dislike SI or think he's a bad chairman I think he is a very good one and the best we have had since I was a bhey although to be honest I think that we won't get and stay in the CCC without outside investment or SI sticking in anther 20 or even 30 million and buying our way up their like everyone else does these days and I'm not sure that there is a lot of real kudos in that.
I'm glad we have your Freathys, your Aviva's and everyone in between because if everyone thought the same what would be the point of a football forum? Vive ATD and vive la difference.

I’d give Freathy and Grovey a break if they were able to recognise when things actually aren’t shit. But they can’t. The good thing about ATD is that we are able to call people out on stuff, isn’t it?

As for the 5 year plan, shorely it’s better to actually aspire to something? If not that’d be another stick to beat the club with? Where’s the ambition etc etc?

My personal opinion is it will be difficult to get to the next level - based purely on league1 budgets. About half the teams in this league are working with bigger budgets than us, some of them because of higher attendance, others because they have owners willing to bankroll the losses they will make. So what we will probably have to do to get there, is overachieve on the pitch, unless Hallett finds somebody to come onboard with next-level investment amounts.

When I first starting going regularly in the early 80’s we had small time local businessmen running the club. That was followed by an egotistical nut job who put money in, then threatened the clubs very existence when it went pair shaped. Along came another local businessman who was way out of his depth and nearly ended the club.  Then we saw a wolf in sheep’s clothing who saw Argyle as a means to make a quick buck when at our lowest ebb - which he did.

Hallett, in comparison, is a world away in almost every sense, from all of them.

That is why I take issue with the age old adage that “we’re Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit” that a few on here have as their depressive mantra.

Thats the problem, everything never gonna be perfect.
having to take a loan out for a cup of tea and a pasty inside the ground, after its taken 25 mins and having your bollocks fondled to get in,

but at some point we have to see past the we always be shut mantra.

Where do you normally queue for your tea and pasty ?

I usually get my bollacks fondled in Barn Park after the game.

Hopefully you meant the Barn Park end!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:41 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Midfielder Alfie Lewis is set to undergo a medical with Plymouth Argyle and sign for the club within the next 24-48 hours, a source has exclusively revealed to The72.
Reports last week revealed that Lewis, 22, was set to sign for League One club Plymouth Argyle.

A former youngster with West Ham, he joined Irish club St Pat’s on loan before signing a permanent deal until the end of the 2021 campaign when his Hammers contract expired.

And he’s since shone in Ireland, making 31 appearances in the 2021 League of Ireland campaign and scoring three goals.

The72 can exclusive reveal that Lewis is set to undergo a medical with Plymouth Argyle, who are expected to announce the signing within the next 24 to 48 hours.

The Green Army currently sit in 6th place of the League One table having recently undergone a managerial change, with Steven Schumacher now the man in charge following Ryan Lowe’s move to Preston North End last month.

Lewis looks set to be the first signing of the Schumacher era – up next for Plymouth Argyle is a trip to Birmingham City in the FA Cup this weekend.




What sort of standard is the League of Ireland , same as League One , better or worse ?



Conference/league 2 nothing like league 1.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 847
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:57 am

lets see how he does before the experts start writing him off due to playing in ireland briefly. ffs.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 11:43 am

Angry wrote:
lets see how he does before the experts start writing him off due to playing in ireland briefly. ffs.

Not writing anybody off but the Irish leagues aren't all that, maybe Scottish league 1 would be a more suitable comparison? George Best played in Irish league doesn't mean it was all at his standard does it?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8067
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 32
Location : Dorset

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:57 am

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8067
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 32
Location : Dorset

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:40 am





Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 847
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 12:11 pm

Seem to scouting Ireland alot recently
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions
Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)
» Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,
» January transfer window verdict
» Rate Brents January Transfer Window.
» Argyle January transfer window strategy

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: