Grovehill
Jethro
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 12:30 pm

Might have some competion

Crewe Alexandra set sights on Ireland international Andrew Lyons and are considering a £50,000 bid for highly-rated 21-year-old right-back, who has been compared to Andy Robertson
Crewe are considering signing Republic of Ireland international Andrew Lyons
Lyons, 21, has starred this season for League of Ireland side Bohemians
The right-back has been compared to Liverpool's Andrew Robertson in style

Crewe Alexandra are weighing up a move for Republic of Ireland under-21 international Andrew Lyons.

The highly-rated right-back has been starring for Bohemians and is regarded as one of the brightest talents in the League of Ireland at the moment.

League One Crewe have pedigree for identifying young stars that they then develop and can prise Lyons away from Bohemians on a compensation deal as he is out of contract.

However, they could face late competition as Wigan Athletic, Plymouth Argyle and Shrewsbury Town have all looked at Lyons and are considering offers too.

The 21-year-old, who has drawn comparisons in style to Liverpool's Andy Robertson as a youngster, would cost around £50,000.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 1:45 pm

All these underwhelming league of Ireland footballers desperate to get a shot at league football it seems
Here’s a idea how about putting in bids for some of our a rivals better players
It works both ways let’s see how serious we really are instead of people trying to nick our best players instead ..just saying like
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 5:58 pm

RegGreen wrote:
All these underwhelming league of Ireland footballers desperate to get a shot at league football it seems
It works both ways let’s see how serious we really are instead of people trying to nick our best players instead ..just saying like

If the player's good enough that at the end of the day is all that matters not where they play. Other teams have been scouting the irish leagues including premiership and championship so there has to be something about the league thats attracting interest.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

If the player's good enough that at the end of the day is all that matters not where they play. Other teams have been scouting the irish leagues including premiership and championship so there has to be something about the league thats attracting interest.
it’s all a bit in vogue & teams jumping on the bandwagon looking in that league it’s cheap as well but everyone looking for the same luggys wee nugget ..plus with never done to well going down this route in the past l think the last one was Craig Noone from some northern non league side …though we did venture into northern Irish league with Rory Patterson we all know how that worked out ..so that’s why iam a bit sceptical going down this route
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 8:42 pm

Worth looking for a few wee nuggets.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 9:49 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

it’s all a bit in vogue & teams jumping on the bandwagon looking in that league it’s cheap as well but everyone looking for the same luggys wee nugget ..plus with never done to well going down this route in the past l think the last one was Craig Noone from some northern non league side …though we did venture into northern Irish league with Rory Patterson we all know how that worked out ..so that’s why iam a bit sceptical going down this route

for every rory patterson (whom btw played in the North Irish version not the republic's) there is a shane long and Kevin Doyle. I would say Yannick Bolasie and Ashley Barnes have gone on to far bigger things than Noone in the game and they where both signed from non league sides.

after watching this i'd be interested in looking into that midfielder who played him through on goal thats the sort of playmaker we could do with.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:11 pm

Lyons can't be too bad Irish u21 international.
Worth the 50K punt
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 5:45 am

Tenuous follow up to this

Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth and Portsmouth among nine teams lining up moves for Philadelphia Union centre-back Stuart Findlay.

Hallett has liked a tweet from said player, Maybe 2+2=5.

Hibs and hearts also looking at him
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 12:17 pm

Aberdeen are in transfer talks with Peterborough over a potential move for Ryan Broom.

But any deals hinges on selling Blackburn Rovers target Ryan Hedges in this January window.

The deal is further complicated because the midfielder is currently on loan at Plymouth Argyle.

Peterborough have a recall option him if somebody meets their asking price this month but the Pilgrims also have first option to match any bid.

No offer has been made for the 25-year-old yet, who came through the ranks at Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham before he moved to Peterborough last year.

Broom is known to be interested in Aberdeen but is also happy at Plymouth, who are riding high at the top of England’s League One.

Plymouth could also have the added financial muscle from an FA Cup clash with Chelsea.

Peterborough director of football Barry Fry said: “I have spoken to a Scottish Premiership club about Ryan Broom.

My manager, Darren Ferguson, has also spoken to their manager and we are waiting to see what is going to happen.

“The club in question might be looking to sell a player or two in the window and I believe it is dependent on that happening.

“We have spoken to Ryan and he would be interested in talking to the club although he is currently on-loan and doing well at Plymouth.

“We can recall him this month if a team matches our asking price but Plymouth also have the first option to match any offer.”

link
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 12:51 pm

if it is the £500,000 there is no way we will pay that not. Aberdeen will be pushed to pay that for him aswell.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 12:51 pm

Just Fry & Co trying to drum up a bit of interest.

Bottom lines is that no one has made any bid for him.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 12:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:

they are hoping to do what wigan did to sunderland a few seasons ago where they wanted Will Grigg and had to pay 3 times what he was worth and more to sign him....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:03 pm

The £1m cup coup could be well spent on Broom. Peterborough bring to mind Sturtz and his brilliant mock up of the Riddler leading Craig Noone by the hand, "small boy for sale!"
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:14 pm

If we can get Garrick , broom and a CB for million be laughing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 2:54 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Exactly that.

He isn’t worth £500k either. Decent player but I’d have thought £150-200,000 would be about right.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 3:10 pm

Barry Fry! I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire let alone believe a word he says.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 4:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Exactly that.

He isn’t worth £500k either. Decent player but I’d have thought £150-200,000 would be about right.

agreed £300,000 at a big push anything over that Argyle should look elsewhere, i sooner they did that then get fleeced even if Broom is a good player.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 6:24 pm

Lets be honest here, 9 months ago Boro thought Broom wasn't good enough to play in the Championship. Nobody else thought so either, which is why he joined a L1 Club in the hope of getting a few games.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 6:41 pm

He may have found his level of football in L1.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 7:49 pm

I think you are all mental. He can and will play in the CCC. mmw
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 11:38 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Exactly that.

He's not even starting games recently. I don't see the fuss. Garrick I would really like, he's can play several positions if we're going to spend big bucks on a single player would rather him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 10:08 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Exactly that.

He's not even starting games recently. I don't see the fuss. Garrick I would really like, he's can play several positions if we're going to spend big bucks on a single player would rather him.

I agree to an extent. Broom has been superb in a lot of games, but then in some, MKD (a) for example, he was truly terrible. I think a modest 6 figure fee is about right for a player of his ability, but certainly not 500k.

In other news, rumours of an incoming possibly today.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 11:10 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Exactly that.

I agree to an extent. Broom has been superb in a lot of games, but then in some, MKD (a) for example, he was truly terrible. I think a modest 6 figure fee is about right for a player of his ability, but certainly not 500k.  

In other news, rumours of an incoming possibly today.

I get what people are saying about Broom, he's no Scott Sinclair or BWP but without him this season I think we would be more like a mid table team than a top six team.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Steven Schumacher is hopeful of completing the signing of a new central defender before Plymouth Argyle's away League One game against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

The Pilgrims' boss confirmed that a deal for what would be the second January transfer window addition to his squad was 'really close'.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next