Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.

Go down 
+8
Freathy
Czarcasm
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Greenskin
Tgwu
Grovehill
Earwegoagain
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 6:46 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Some people just remind me of a couple of old sayings.

"There's a village somewhere missing it's idiot"

"For some people, a battle of wits is unarmed combat"

which one is your tagline then?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 7:45 pm

One to watch

Cian Bolger - Defender The 6ft 3in Irishman has a wealth of League 1 experience. Free Transfer turned down a one year extension
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:27 am

Angry wrote:
I'll start

on twitter journalist Alan Nixon (his twitter) who usually on the ball with his whispers suggests we along with brizzle rovers are interested in Cambridge Utd striker Paul Mullin. Scored 32 goals this season.

Ordinarily that sort of striker would be ideal to be linked with atm I cant see that materializing myself seeing as we bought 2 strikers in january in Ennis and Hardie and vastly overrate Jephcott after his purple patch.
I do see another striker coming in though but i cant see Paul wanting to come here and compete with 3 other strikers we recently invested in.

i give this rumor a 2/5

Mullin fix in with Lowe, ticks all his boxes. He is a Liverpudlian. He had spells in the academies at Everton and Liverpool and loan at Tranmere Rovers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:34 am

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

on twitter journalist Alan Nixon (his twitter) who usually on the ball with his whispers suggests we along with brizzle rovers are interested in Cambridge Utd striker Paul Mullin. Scored 32 goals this season.

Ordinarily that sort of striker would be ideal to be linked with atm I cant see that materializing myself seeing as we bought 2 strikers in january in Ennis and Hardie and vastly overrate Jephcott after his purple patch.
I do see another striker coming in though but i cant see Paul wanting to come here and compete with 3 other strikers we recently invested in.

i give this rumor a 2/5

Mullin fix in with Lowe, ticks all his boxes. He is a  Liverpudlian. He had spells in the academies at Everton and Liverpool and  loan at Tranmere Rovers

I’m a bit with Angry on this, I can’t see an established striker like Mullin, Pigot et al coming here with our 3 strikers, maybe a loanee forward, could be wrong, I’m kind of hoping the interest shown in Jephcott during his purple patch materialises and he’s sold on then perhaps a seasoned striker could pitch up here.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 11:17 am

I think we would rue the day we sold Jeppers, if everyone is prepared to give injury prone league 1 journeymen a go then Jeppers deserves another chance.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 11:19 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Rickler, either show us where I made the claim that he was building a team of his mates and that he would never release them, or shut the feck up.

Or even better-make a football related comment rather than endlessly insulting people.

Let it go Grovey it's just like Dicklers claims that I'm a Hallett hater, he can't show anywhere where I have said that but it's a fact in his own mind, the guy is a feckin loon.

You never have a good word to say about Hallett, and are totally negative, so what conclusion does a normal person draw?

Grovey and Earwig, two little peas in a pod.   Mouthy, stupid, ignorant, and never going to say boo in real life to the people they criticize.

Says the guy mouthing off on the other side of the Atlantic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 11:31 am

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

Mullin fix in with Lowe, ticks all his boxes. He is a  Liverpudlian. He had spells in the academies at Everton and Liverpool and  loan at Tranmere Rovers

He might be but his signing doesnt make logical or financial sense at the moment for the reasons i already wrote. Unless he offers something different to what we have now which is what we do need up front with the options we are better off strengthening the defence mainly and the other areas that do need the finances invested.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 12:11 pm

[quote="Angry"]
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

He might be but his signing doesnt make logical or financial sense at the moment for the reasons i already wrote. Unless he offers something different to what we have now which is what we do need up front with the options

He does, it stare you in the face. GOALS.GOALS.GOALS. and lots of them.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Some people just remind me of a couple of old sayings.

"There's a village somewhere missing it's idiot"

"For some people, a battle of wits is unarmed combat"

which one is your tagline then?

Fittest man in town-from the neck up!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:50 pm

Tgwu wrote:
One to watch

Cian Bolger - Defender The 6ft 3in Irishman has a wealth of League 1 experience. Free Transfer turned down a one year extension

Played under Barton at Fleetwood

Barton has signed a couple of ex Fleetwood players this week but not this guy.

If his ex manager didn't want him, why would we?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

He might be but his signing doesnt make logical or financial sense at the moment for the reasons i already wrote. Unless he offers something different to what we have now which is what we do need up front with the options

Zackly and a goal machine like that would give chances to other players when they are double marking him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:51 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

Quote :

so who are you going to drop to allow him to get his goals and fit in with the team? cause im telling you now there is no way Ryan will keep 4 strikers who all simular and capable of scoring goals happy with the game time and being out of the teamQ one has to be moved on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

Zackly and a goal machine like that would give chances to other players when they are double marking him.

ordinarily he would be ideal but hes not a signing we desperately need atm. The defence needs the attention and untill that area is fully restocked with better defenders than before up front is probably the only area that doesnt need too much attention atm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 8:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

Doesn’t seem to work when Mayor is being double and sometimes treble marked.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 10:03 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

When have Mayor, Hardie, Grant and Enniss ever scored 32 goals in a season? I doubt they have ever scored that many in a season between them. @ Angry, if we didn't play four strikers we could always have a decent player on the subs bench we haven't had a strong bench in ages. If we are able to sign him do so.
What is hilarious is that if Ry signs a striker next week that has played half of last season due to injury and has never scored more than ten goals in a season ever you will all be lapping it up and saying "trust in Ryan".
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 10:12 am

You think he's going to re sign Telford? Or Taylor?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 11:16 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

When have Mayor, Hardie, Grant and Enniss ever scored 32 goals in a season? I doubt they have ever scored that many in a season between them. @ Angry, if we didn't play four strikers we could always have a decent player on the subs bench we haven't had a strong bench in ages. If we are able to sign him do so.
What is hilarious is that if Ry signs a striker next week that has played half of last season due to injury and has never scored more than ten goals in a season ever you will all be lapping it up and saying "trust in Ryan".
Look I’m trying to respond to your comment ref Mullin being double marked frees up other players and that doesn’t necessarily apply as we’ve found out when Mayor has been marked that way
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

Look I’m trying to respond to your comment ref Mullin being double marked frees up other players and that doesn’t necessarily apply as we’ve found out when Mayor has been marked that way

Yet when Mayor has been marked out the game we had no goal threat once Jeppers dried up I wouldn't argue the defence needs strengthening but no way should we turn down a thirty goal striker when none of our players have got close to that figure.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 2:45 pm

The only two players they are advertising on key ring

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

i give this rumor a 2/5

Yet when Mayor has been marked out the game we had no goal threat once Jeppers dried up I wouldn't argue the defence needs strengthening but no way should we turn down a thirty goal striker when none of our players have got close to that figure.

Why on earth would Mullin want to join Argo? I think we can forget that one.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:
You think he's going to re sign Telford? Or Taylor?

Spot on. No flies on you. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Plymouth Argyle are still ‘trying hard’ to sign Paul Mullin from Cambridge United, according to journalist Alan Nixon

Anything on mullin ?

Alan Nixon
Argyle still trying hard

Plymouth Argyle have identified the prolific striker as a potential summer addition.

Mullin, who is 26 years old, is a man in-demand right now after scoring 34 goals to fire Cambridge to promotion from League Two last term.

He is out of contract at the end of next month and is currently due to become a free agent.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 4:01 pm

I think it's the signing the club needs and would change a lot of floaters into season ticket holders IMO. Get it done Si.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 5:19 pm

Mullin Hardie Jephcott Ennis.

In a perfect world that would be an excellent bank of strikers to choose from. Ennis undoubtedly has the game to be able to play out wide, which would possibly make it more realistic with two from the other three up top. The fact it would appear we are seriously trying to get him leads to a few scenarios....

1) Jeppers possibly on the move.
2) An increased budget means we can afford all four.
3) Scouse Ry has decided to follow the Pep Guardiola model and not bother with any defensive minded players next season.   king
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 6:15 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]Plymouth Argyle are still ‘trying hard’ to sign Paul Mullin from Cambridge United, according to journalist Alan Nixon

Anything on mullin ?

Alan Nixon
Argyle still trying hard

Plymouth Argyle have identified the prolific striker as a potential summer addition.

Mullin, who is 26 years old, is a man in-demand right now after scoring 34 goals to fire Cambridge to promotion from League Two last term.

He is out of contract at the end of next month and is currently due to become a free agent.[/quote

Wont happen. He will only go to a Club where he knows he will get 30+ starts/season. Which 2 forwards would drop to the bench for that to happen?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next