Earwegoagain
seadog
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 10:53 am

Yay. Have me fist jab booked for 17th of this munf. Op at Argo.

UTBA.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am

Booked my 1st one for 22/3 and the 2nd on 11/06 , so that is done and dusted.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am

POI wrote:
Yay. Have me fist jab booked for 17th of this munf. Op at Argo.

UTBA.

Tried for 17th but, no spots left.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 3:01 pm

This Thursday up Argo (text mate to say I'm going to the ground sooner than he is and he's got a season ticket) 2nd jab is May 27th.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 3:26 pm

Mine is at a local park where a number of youngsters have been knifed over the last couple of years. When I go I will wear my body armour and have my knuckle dusters at the ready.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm

It would seem the eu are starting to lie to try and cover up their feck up over their vaccination program......

'Tensions between the EU and UK over coronavirus vaccine supplies exploded in an angry public row when London denounced claims from Brussels that it had imposed an export ban.

Boris Johnson’s government reacted furiously to a claim by Charles Michel, European Council president, that the UK had banned shipments of jabs and their components, with one official branding it an “an outright lie”. Dominic Raab, foreign secretary, is expected to raise British anger over the claim with Michel directly.

Michel also accused the US of banning exports of vaccines and their raw materials. His comments are the latest deterioration in relations between the UK and EU, which are already at loggerheads over the implementation of the Brexit agreement for Britain’s withdrawal from the European bloc.

Michel’s comments come just days after Italy, with the European Commission’s consent, blocked the shipment of 250,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines to Australia under new discretionary export rules. The move deepened concerns among EU allies about the new regulations, which were introduced in January, and the prospects more jab supplies could be blocked.

Michel, a former Belgian premier who chairs summits of EU leaders, triggered the latest conflict in a blog published on Monday in which he hit back at criticisms of the European bloc’s sluggish Covid-19 immunisation drive.

He said he was “shocked” to hear “accusations of ‘vaccine nationalism’” levelled against the EU over its export controls, given what he said were much tougher rules imposed by London and Washington.

“The facts do not lie,” Michel wrote. “The United Kingdom and the United States have imposed an outright ban on the export of vaccines or vaccine components produced on their territory.”

The claim prompted immediate condemnation from the UK government, which said it had “not blocked the export of a single Covid-19 vaccine”.

“Any references to a UK export ban or any restrictions on vaccines are completely false,” said a spokesman for the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office. “This pandemic is a global challenge and international collaboration on vaccine development continues to be an integral part of our response.”

The Johnson administration says there is no block on UK factories supplying foreign customers with contracted vaccine supplies. It was not immediately clear what shipments have been dispatched from the UK — or their destination.

A spokesperson for Michel has been approached for comment on the UK’s counterclaims. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The EU has been scrambling to boost vaccine supplies and make up ground on the faster inoculation drives of the US and UK. The European bloc has given 9.4 doses per 100 residents, compared with 27.8 in the US and 35.2 in the UK, according to data compiled by the Financial Times.

Brussels and London clashed in January over a European Commission plan to include Northern Ireland in new controls on vaccine exports outside the EU, even though the region remains part of the European bloc’s single market for goods.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 pm

The vaccines are probably stuck behind the seafood lorries in Dover that the EU suddenly doesn't want
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 5:12 am

Never thought I would hear this

TEACHING UNION BOSS SAYS SHE WAS 'WRONG' TO RUBBISH COVID TESTING BLITZ

Hard-left teaching union boss Dr Mary Bousted has sensationally admitted she was “wrong” to rubbish the schools testing blitz.

She also heaped praise on her usual foe, beleaguered Education Secretary Gavin Williamson, for backing the plan.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Alarm at covid outbreak in Devon care home

Spotlight received a few emails from concerned viewers regarding the vaccine.

Just goes to show how vigilant we need to remain.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Never thought I would hear this

TEACHING UNION BOSS SAYS SHE WAS 'WRONG' TO RUBBISH COVID TESTING BLITZ

Hard-left teaching union boss Dr Mary Bousted has sensationally admitted she was “wrong” to rubbish the schools testing blitz.

She also heaped praise on her usual foe, beleaguered Education Secretary Gavin Williamson, for backing the plan.

Couple of flaws I've heard. One is that some parents are refusing to let their kids be tested and two, there have been many false readings meaning families are being told to isolate, then finding out they do not have covid after results have come back from a lab.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:33 pm

eu backtracking now but not apologise....

'Eurocrats were forced to concede they'd got it wrong after Dominic Raab asked them to "set the record straight". The furious Foreign Secretary even summoned one of the bloc's most senior diplomats in London to the Foreign Office to discuss the row. European Council President Charles Michel sparked fury in Whitehall on Tuesday night after he accused the Government of "vaccine nationalism" with an "outright ban on the export of vaccines".

The Belgian's outrageous slur added further tension to the UK's already fractious post-Brexit relationship with the EU.

It even prompted Prime Minister Boris Johnson to slap down the top eurocrat's "incorrect" claim at PMQs.

Despite Mr Michel's refusal to apologise, officials close to him were slowly backtracking on his claims.

And eurocrats even suggested they were about to ramp up their own export ban to prevent any vaccines from leaving the bloc.

A source close to Mr Michel said: "He didn't get it quite right."

A European Commission spokesman refused to apologise for the allegations against Britain but admitted they were incorrect.

He said: "Different countries have got different measures in place. This does not concern vaccines, as far as we understand, coming from the UK.

"But we know as well that we, the EU, are a very very active exporter of vaccines and that this is not necessarily the case of all our partners."

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 10:53 pm

Don't like Boris? vote against him at the next election, don't like the European Council President? tough.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 11:42 pm

King Boris has my vote.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Does anybody which vaccine they are administering at HP? Can't find anything on line.
My missus is now booked in two weeks after me, I'll send her a postcard and ask how it went.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Had mine at HP this morning, it's the Astra Oxford vaccine, no need to wait for 15 mins afterwards, I was in and out in ten mins at 08.40
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Cool thanks.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Home park next Monday for me,then down to Harpers park to do some defensive coaching.

"TAKE THE FECKER OUT FFS!"
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 10:07 pm

I’m going to the same vax centre as my father in law and he was given the AZ vaccine but I believe it can be either one depending on what is available.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 12:17 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I’m going to the same vax centre as my father in law and he was given the AZ vaccine but I believe it can be either one depending on what is available.

As a general rule most vaccine given that isn’t in the immediate vicinity of a hospital or medical facility, will be the Oxford, because it’s easily refrigerated and transported.

The Derriford Leisure centre ( behind the hospital) is the main hub for the Pfizer jabs.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 4:03 pm

The word being "accused" is more comical than the photoshop itself  
Downright bang to rights guilty of lying at the despatch box....again

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current whereabouts is either in Dom's secret council tax free bunker or in Currys looking for a fridge big enough to get the oaf inside of.....again
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 11:27 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

The word being "accused" is more comical than the photoshop itself  
Downright bang to rights guilty of lying at the despatch box....again

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current whereabouts is either in Dom's secret council tax free bunker or in Currys looking for a fridge big enough to get the oaf inside of.....again

If you read the news instead of the Beano you'd know the PM is being ignored in NI.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:47 am

Case numbers just edging up again. Hopefully just a blip in the road to unlocking the country
I've been very lucky in that lockdowns and restrictions have had no real impact on me (bar stuck in UK all winter... never again) but many must be pulling their hair out

Am confident that the Bozo has got the June date spot on but no chance of an earlier end to restrictions. With one foot in the Old Bailey changing that roadmap and 1000s more subsequently dying would be game over for him
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:24 am

The Daily Telegraph

Vaccines for all over-40s by Easter after ‘bumper boost’ to supplies

NHS could offer a million doses a day in coming weeks, as pressure grows on PM to speed up reopening of pubs and restaurants

AND

Britain is on course to immunise all adults against the coronavirus about two months before the European Union, an achievement forecast to be worth tens of billions of pounds, according to an analysis for The Times.

More

More than 48,000 businesses in England have signed up for workplace Covid testing, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has said.

Mr Hancock said it marked a "huge step forward" in getting businesses "back on their feet" and keeping people safe.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 8:44 am

Bild is a German newspaper

Fraud in vaccine distribution in the EU?

If the assumptions are confirmed, the entire EU solidarity community would be called into question. Is an EU vaccine scandal looming here?

Austria's Federal Chancellor Sebastian Kurz (34, ÖVP) has expressed a serious suspicion to the EU member states: According to research by the Chancellery, individual countries could have made secret agreements with pharmaceutical companies that favor them in distributing vaccines!

“There was probably a bazaar in the committees. The contracts are secret, ”he said on Friday at a press conference. After there had been more and more astonishment over the past few weeks about the vaccination progress in some countries and the slowness of vaccination in others, one was “amazed” and “observed the vaccination data more closely”.

It was noticed: “The deliveries are not made according to the population key”, i.e. according to the “fair” distribution agreed in the EU. Even more explosive: According to the plans, the differences would even be "exacerbated" in the coming weeks and months, the "differences between the member states getting bigger".

Briefly further: For example, Malta would have “by the end of June” almost three times more vaccination doses than Bulgaria. Denmark and the Netherlands were also among the beneficiaries, while Latvia and Croatia are clearly lagging behind.

As Kurz said, the Netherlands would also get more vaccine than Germany. Austria is currently in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 8:48 am

We envy Britain! Germany's biggest newspaper Bild praises UK's incredible vaccine success and contrasts Boris Johnson's optimistic lockdown exit plans with Merkel's doom and gloom

Bild's front-page headline has the words 'we envy you', partly in English, superimposed over the Union Jack - with a caption saying that 'the English have announced their return to normality on June 21... and here there's no hope'.

The article describes Britons as 'just plain happy', adding that they had 'reacted with overwhelming euphoria' to the PM's announcement on Monday.

'It means: Normal life is coming back! FREEDOM!,' the article published in Wednesday's paper says.

'That's made possible by the successful vaccination campaign,' it says, noting that more than 17.7million people have received a jab in the UK compared to 3.4million in larger Germany.

The article goes on: 'While the Brits are already planning their summer holidays, Germany is stuck in lockdown.

'That's because chancellor Angela Merkel, who as recently as Monday was holding out the prospect of loosening lockdown, sounded the alarm again yesterday.'

Merkel told party colleagues on Tuesday that 'we are now in the third wave', warning that any easing of lockdown after March 7 could only take place gradually.

The chancellor, a trained scientist, has long been cautious about a hasty exit from lockdown - and Germany's jab programme is not moving fast enough to protect a large share of the population at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next