seadog
Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Melbury

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 6:17 pm

Swindon comes inside the SW area, as does Avonmouth, so will skew our figures.

Listening to Professor Whitty at lunchtime, he was saying we have probably gone as far as we can in terms of returning to a normal way of life.
Wondering how this bodes for football & rugby clubs who need an attendance to remain solvent in the long term.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 8:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
POI wrote:
Twas always going to happen once lock-down restrictions were eased. The problem is that certain sections of society seem to think the virus is done and dusted, and it's carry on as normal.

We'll be playing wack-a-mole with spikes for a good 18 months I reckon!

Leicester coming out of restrictions so I hear.

A firm in Avonmouth has reported a load of cases.

Four million up north got to change plans hastily. A few in the Muslim communities are suggesting that they are being picked on.

The truth of the matter is if you look at chart of where the spikes are happening ( not generalising like Greater Manchester) in local communities, then those spikes show a seriously disproportionate rise in Asian communities. It isn’t racist to state that. It is actual fact. It may be that these communities are more susceptible. It may be that they are ignoring the basic rules. If I were a betting man I’d say it’s probably a combo of both.

It’s not surprising about Asian communities. There have been big groups of them for months round my way playing football, cricket  or Basketball. All teenagers or early 20s.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:12 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
POI wrote:
Twas always going to happen once lock-down restrictions were eased. The problem is that certain sections of society seem to think the virus is done and dusted, and it's carry on as normal.

Four million up north got to change plans hastily. A few in the Muslim communities are suggesting that they are being picked on.

The truth of the matter is if you look at chart of where the spikes are happening ( not generalising like Greater Manchester) in local communities, then those spikes show a seriously disproportionate rise in Asian communities. It isn’t racist to state that. It is actual fact. It may be that these communities are more susceptible. It may be that they are ignoring the basic rules. If I were a betting man I’d say it’s probably a combo of both.

It’s not surprising about Asian communities. There have been big groups of them for months round my way playing football, cricket  or Basketball. All teenagers or early 20s.

There was a chap from SAGE on Radio5live last night and he was saying that another national lockdown can't be ruled out should cases continue to rise and then spiral out of control.

We are in the abyss now and until a vaccine is found - and that will not the be all and end all of it - we will have to learn and live with this crisis.

The world as we knew it has gone for good, replaced by a new world of social distancing, mask wearing and further lockdowns.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:41 am

VillageGreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
POI wrote:

There was a chap from SAGE on Radio5live last night and he was saying that another national lockdown can't be ruled out should cases continue to rise and then spiral out of control.

We are in the abyss now and until a vaccine is found - and that will not the be all and end all of it - we will have to learn and live with this crisis.

The world as we knew it has gone for good, replaced by a new world of social distancing, mask wearing and further lockdowns.

Chin up, flower. flower

The unprecedented thing with all this, is that there has never ever been even a fraction of the amount of money being thrown at medical research as there is right now. The medical boffins in different research groups are confident that they have already developed a number of vaccines that can provide varying levels of immunity. It is all of the regulatory jumping through hoops that takes time. Developing a treatment that lessens the effects of Covid is arguably more vital than a vaccine. If we could get to the point where it is no more fatal than the common flu, then that changes the world back to normality.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 1:17 pm

Just heard on the radio that pubs could be closed again to allow schools to reopen.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 1:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
POI wrote:

Chin up, flower. flower

The unprecedented thing with all this, is that there has never ever been even a fraction of the amount of money being thrown at medical research as there is right now. The medical boffins in different research groups are confident that they have already developed a number of vaccines that can provide varying levels of immunity. It is all of the regulatory jumping through hoops that takes time. Developing a treatment that lessens the effects of Covid is arguably more vital than a vaccine.  If we could get to the point where it is no more fatal than the common flu, then that changes the world back to normality.

Chappy from SAGE is not convinced by a vaccine for all. He said there will still be outbreaks for many countries for sometime to come.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Latest musings are all those that are aged between 50 and 70 to stay at home if they score a low rate in an assessment.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:49 am

If Boris thinks in his wildest dreams that he's going to order over 50's to stay at home he's more deluded than anyone imagined.
Johnson lost any remote credibility he still had the day he sanctioned Dom to go on safari to Durham Castle to test his peepers.

If he had hung the weasel out to dry and sacked him than he may have retained some semblence of authority

Currently he has none. Some really strong chatter on twitter that he'll fall by Christmas with a Government of national unity installed with Jeremy Hunt as PM and Kier Starmer as deputy PM with Brexit being postponed, if the 2nd wave spike is as vicious as some suspect
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 11:16 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
If Boris thinks in his wildest dreams that he's going to order over 50's to stay at home he's more deluded than anyone imagined.
Johnson lost any remote credibility he still had the day he sanctioned Dom to go on safari to Durham Castle to test his peepers.

If he had hung the weasel out to dry and sacked him than he may have retained some semblence of authority

Currently he has none. Some really strong chatter on twitter that he'll fall by Christmas with a Government of national unity installed with Jeremy Hunt as PM and Kier Starmer as deputy PM with Brexit being postponed, if the 2nd wave spike is as vicious as some suspect

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 11:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

That’s what happens when ur on ATD at 3.49AM. bom
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Relax Harve, the Tories have a death grip on the nations cash flow and will not give it up until all their offshore accounts are toppers.

Enjoy the ride FFS!
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 2:09 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Brexit being postponed

There's the crucial few words the Harve was frantically knocking one out to at silly O'clock Laughing

You really need to visit Planet Earth one day Harve. It's not good for your mental health to hang around in Guardian / Twitter leftie echo chambers with Franny Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Complete bollocks as usual.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:51 pm

I wonder what sort of trade offs Chris Whitty has in mind, considering we have reached the limit what can be opened.

Not looking good down under, Melbourne bring in a night time curfew and fair shout to the authorities for braving that one. The Aussies early doors were praised for the efforts to tackle the virus, that must seem a million miles away now.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 4:50 pm

The States that shut their borders, WA for example have been threatened with legal action by the Trumpistas in charge nationally.

Of course they were right to.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 pm

What have you got to say about this then Harve ?

Can’t pin this one on Bojo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:34 pm

What's the England one at the bottom?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 pm

seadog wrote:
What's the England one at the bottom?

Not sure. Guessing it’s the combined total for the rest of England for whatever time period it is.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pm

It's the rate (not sure what of).

England - 470
Northern Ireland - 317
Scotland - 343
Wales - 551

Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:39 pm

Cases per 100,000?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 12:16 am

Could be.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 12:39 am

seadog wrote:
The States that shut their borders, WA for example have been threatened with legal action by the Trumpistas in charge nationally.

Of course they were right to.

Being right isn't the same as being legal.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 6:48 am

One can only assume Lord Melbury is one of the very few left still in denial over Boris' catastrophic handling of Covid
Worst excess deaths in the world officially. How they laughed 4 months ago when I said we'll see 60k deaths here. Currently running at 68,200

Worst in the world what an appalling statistic. Still the evil Johnson doesnt care but its become clear the majority of Tories do and thats why Johnson is in serious trouble
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 10:20 am

Coronavirus in UK up until today,

United Kingdom
England
Scotland
Wales

We're still laughing now Harve. Worldwide we are nowhere near USA, some South American countries and I'm pretty sure Belgium exceeds our cases per hundred thousand of population.
Using your own lies to to counter Bojos lies was never going to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next