Tgwu
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage

Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Budesliga live on BT sports tomorrow from 1400. Broussia Dortmund V Shalke then Frankfurt v Gladbach, 3 matches on Sunday then 1 on Monday evening. My living room will be mine again.

Bundesliga is a very under rated league i feel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And should the football clubs be using any testing capacity when they are still struggling to test frontline workers?

If they’re paying for it then yes.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 5:21 pm

If the EFL want/ insist the clubs complete the season behind closed doors then let them pay the players wages.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 6:02 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
If the EFL want/ insist the clubs complete the season behind closed doors then let them pay the players wages.

It’s not the EFL though is it, it’s a few clubs that want it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And should the football clubs be using any testing capacity when they are still struggling to test frontline workers?

There is no way on earth that I can agree with that sentiment. We still have a massive problem in care homes and a mate of mine who's a nurse say that PPE supplies are still a massive problem. What's more important old people dying or us watching some footy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 6:38 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There is no way on earth that I can agree with that sentiment. We still have a massive problem in care homes and a mate of mine who's a nurse say that PPE supplies are still a massive problem. What's more important old people dying or us watching some footy?

Well I’m an old fecker and I’m not implying that football should have any priority over the NHS or care homes, my point was if the clubs can source and pay for it then why not, surely it’s up to the Government to determine priorities.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Budesliga live on BT sports tomorrow from 1400. Broussia Dortmund V Shalke then Frankfurt v Gladbach, 3 matches on Sunday then 1 on Monday evening. My living room will be mine again.

Bundesliga is a very under rated league i feel.

Dortmund absolutely pummelled a very poor schalke team yesterday. Watching Greuther Furth v Hamburg at the moment, not a bad watch but it is very weird watching it in empty stadiums.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Belarus games have been free via betting sites......no bet required
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 5:04 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

The top-flight could also resume on the same weekend as the lower leagues, with all matches taking place behind closed doors.

How  ?? The medical council have made it clear they have withdrawn all associated medical staff from attending sports fixtures
Even if this lockdown was ended we gotta expect social distancing to continue am guessing 3-6 months after ??

It aint happening. (that not directed at you TGWU)

I bet you can’t wait to see Kloppers face now.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Stone the Crows.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 8:19 pm

Koop couldn't care less they will win the title whichever way the season plays out.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:36 pm

Any impact on league two?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Cancelled season looks favourite, league two next season?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 29, 2020 11:09 pm

It's a real mess.

As far as I can see it league 2 have voted to end the season now with automatic promotion decided on points per game. Play offs will still be played (I think?)

League 1 have more or less decided the same but a couple of clubs are digging their heels in.

The Championship overwhelmingly wants to carry on where they left off.

Somebody in the EFL just needs to grow a pair of bollocks and make a decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
It's a real mess.

As far as I can see it league 2 have voted to end the season now with automatic promotion decided on points per game. Play offs will still be played (I think?)

League 1 have more or less decided the same but a couple of clubs are digging their heels in.

The Championship overwhelmingly wants to carry on where they left off.

Somebody in the EFL just needs to grow a pair of bollocks and make a decision.

Agreed. time is ticking away and soon clubs are going to want to start plans for next season which is still schedule to start in August. I think the teams fighting off relegation are using this as away of getting the EFL to eventually say feck it seasons null and void and all teams are staying put.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyFri May 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Elias wrote:
Cancelled season looks favourite, league two next season?

A "cancelled" season isn't even in the cards.

A Promotion season is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's away.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 31, 2020 12:15 am

June 8th
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:11 am

EXETER FC

Two members of our squad/back room team have tested positive!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:46 am

Tgwu wrote:
EXETER FC

That will put a dent in the plans to hold play-offs in L2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 31, 2020 9:21 am

Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
EXETER FC

That will put a dent in the plans to hold play-offs in L2.

if only two of them i dont think so but the squad will have to be tested almost daily.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 31, 2020 1:11 pm

Bundesliga is getting very interesting, still very weird watching it without the crowds but Bayern Munich look unstoppable, Shalke very poor under Wagner gone downhill massively after Huddersfield.

Interesting team to follow is Union Berlin who are basically owned by the fans, their ground is an old school terrace setup too.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptySun May 31, 2020 9:31 pm

The Championship season is set to resume on 20 June, more than three months after it was suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The EFL said the date was "provisional" and "subject to the strict proviso that all safety requirements and government guidance is met".

There are 108 matches remaining, plus the play-off semi-finals and final.

No Championship fixtures have been played since 8 March, with the campaign suspended five days later.

The EFL said it is aiming to complete the Championship season with the play-off final "on or around 30 July", adding that there would be ongoing discussions on proposals to permit the use of five substitutes in the remaining fixtures and increasing matchday squads from 18 to 20 players.

The announcement comes a day after the UK government gave the green light for domestic competitive sport to return, behind closed doors, from Monday.

Horse racing and snooker will each resume competitive action on Monday, while the Premier League is due to restart on 17 June.

"Following Saturday's announcement by the government to allow elite sporting events to return behind closed doors, the EFL has this weekend agreed to a provisional restart date of the weekend of 20 June 2020 for matches in the Sky Bet Championship," an EFL statement read.

"After discussing various approaches and the importance of completing the season in a similar timeline to that of the Premier League to avoid any potential issues with promoted and relegated clubs, the Sky Bet Championship season is set to conclude with the Championship play-off final on or around 30 July 2020."
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:11 am

Its all irrelevant to Argyle. We're promoted. Let the other leagues battle it out on the pitch it makes zero difference to us.
Clearly L1 will start with PAFC it seems as normal behind closed doors in August (I'd assume) so Lowe and Hallett am sure will be working hard behind the scenes seeing what finances allow

I think a lot of clubs including Argyle will go with players under contract and use apprentices and youths to make up the 11 but other sides doubtless in same position
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 8:49 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Its all irrelevant to Argyle. We're promoted. Let the other leagues battle it out on the pitch it makes zero difference to us.
Clearly L1 will start with PAFC it seems as normal behind closed doors in August (I'd assume) so Lowe and Hallett am sure will be working hard behind the scenes seeing what finances allow

I think a lot of clubs including Argyle will go with players under contract and use apprentices and youths to make up the 11 but other sides doubtless in same position

another nailed on fact?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 9:04 am

Tbf I agree with Harve on this one. As things stand it would take a seismic shift in thinking for Argyle not to be promoted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus and Football
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next