Dog Bone Malone
Elias
PatDunne
Earwegoagain
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 2:38 pm

from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Leyton Orient have confirmed that "a number" of first team players have tested positive for coronavirus.

The club said in a statement that the tests were carried out after Saturday's 2-2 draw with Mansfield in League Two.

The O's have been in touch with Mansfield, Plymouth and Oldham - their three most recent opponents.

They are due to host Premier League Tottenham in the EFL Cup on Tuesday and say an announcement on that match will be made "shortly".

Should the game need to be postponed then it could cause problems for Spurs, who were due to play against Orient on Tuesday before travelling to Macedonia to face Shkendija in the Europa League on Thursday.

Orient's tie with Jose Mourinho's men would have seen them potentially come up against striker Harry Kane who paid to promote charities on the front of their shirts in May. The England captain made his professional debut during a loan spell with the O's when he was 17.

"Leyton Orient's priority is the health and wellbeing of its players and staff. Those who have tested positive will now strictly follow government self-isolation guidelines," the O's said.

"The Breyer Group Stadium and training ground facilities will be closed until further notice."

Ross Embleton's side are unbeaten in their five matches in all competitions so far this season.

Plymouth - who were beaten by Orient in the previous round of the EFL Cup - say they will do a "precautionary round" of tests before their League One game with Shrewsbury on Saturday, adding that none of their players or football staff currently have symptoms.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 3:57 pm

It's going to be ongoing carnage.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Private tests, Eton now Argo tut tut

Last edited by PatDunne on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:45 pm

Just the start.........
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Pfft
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Shrewsbury awarded a three nil win?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 7:47 am

This was about 22.30 last night not sure if its been updated since (no idea why link so long but works properly)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 6:12 pm

One player and one staff member have tested positive at Home Park, and they are self isolating.

The club say the match on Saturday will still go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 am

And so it starts. You've got to wonder how many squads will be told to isolate in the coming weeks and months we may still be trying to finish this season this time next year.
Back to top Go down

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And so it starts. You've got to wonder how many squads will be told to isolate in the coming weeks and months we may still be trying to finish this season this time next year.

unless there is a serious outbreak cant see them doing that. If clubs keep to regular testing and isolate those with positive results fast and that will be norm till a vaccine is out.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 3:30 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

unless there is a serious outbreak cant see them doing that. If clubs keep to regular testing and isolate those with positive results fast and  that will be norm till a vaccine is out.

If there is somewhere that is literally ideal for spreading Covid it's a squad of players spending most of their time together, close contact, shared facilities ect. Strictly speaking the rest of the squad should be self isolating from the rest of the population for two weeks as well. I think we will see whole squads out soon, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Agree with Ears, this season could drag on for a couple years. At what point do clubs have the right to postpone games, 4/5/6 players positive or will you be forced to field reserves/youth if you are short handed? What a mess, what a year Neutral
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 pm

But who's getting short changed. Season ticket holders maybe, but no one's really watching and eventually even iFollow revenue will dry up. Why would the Conference even bother starting their season.

I know with the EPL and Championship playing to a finish it's a moot point so relegation and promotion had to happen, along with all the stuff about contracts, but we should have been able to finish last season before going again.

This all just feels so pointless.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 5:08 am

Greenlander wrote:
But who's getting short changed. Season ticket holders maybe,.  

Just a matter of time before Argyle start getting requests for refunds. People purchased on the basis it was highly possible to be watching live from October (not all but certainly many)
I would be surprised if there hadn't been many requests already. Hallett is in a nightmare with Covid. The cash injection was the last he clearly announced previously
Back to top Go down

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 10:31 am

I think most ST holders, me included knew the risks, no issue from me if it drags on until the NY, small price to pay
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Graiser wrote:
I think most ST holders, me included knew the risks, no issue from me if it drags on until the NY, small price to pay

Well, that's OK if money isn't an immediate concern in these utter shite financial times. On that note, I can understand IF people would like their money back.
Back to top Go down

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 12:40 pm

POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Well, that's OK if money isn't an immediate concern in these utter shite financial times. On that note, I can understand IF people would like their money back.

Understand what you say but it was in these shite financial times that we bought the ST’s and also in the middle of a full lockdown with all the rest of the crap that’s been thrown at us.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Graiser wrote:
POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Understand what you say but it was in these shite financial times that we bought the ST’s and also in the middle of a full lockdown with all the rest of the crap that’s been thrown at us.

I know, but things have gotten worse. Peoples financial circumstances are changing by the day/week. I could fully understand why someone would need the money.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 1:43 pm

POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:
POI wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I know, but things have gotten worse. Peoples financial circumstances are changing by the day/week. I could fully understand why someone would need the money.

Don't waste your breath mate, I understand your point perfectly there will be plenty of Argo fans expecting to be back at work and watching live football in October back when season tickets were sold who are now waiting five weeks for their first universal credit payments.
Since the last announcements and restrictions the holiday trade has gone. We have gone from over a hundred views a day a month ago to three a day this week. Despite tourism bosses telling us all that the SW is an all year round destination no one believes them me included.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm

In the grand scheme of things there’s not an earth-shattering hit season ticket holders have potentially took. 23 ifollow home games are potentially being given away ( if no fans are in all season ).

That’s £230 worth. So it’s the difference between that and the price of a season ticket.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 10:38 am

Don't you also get the away games?
Back to top Go down

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 11:57 am

shonbo wrote:

No have to pay for away games
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks Graiser
Back to top Go down

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 11:00 am

Graiser wrote:
shonbo wrote:

No have to pay for away games

although in case at least i had the wimbledon game for free on monday on my account. May have been a glitch may have been there way of saying sorry for sending you a dud code for blackpool (btw i got a reply to my email about that thursday with a sowwy and efl trophy games for free now) i dont know but long may that continue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coronavirus Scare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus Scare   Coronavirus Scare Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus Scare
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next