mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 10:41 pm

If its not safe for te fans it's not safe for the players. He's got a point.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 6:29 am

zyph wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
More deaths than anyone but USA ?
Get real Harve. Do you honestly believe every other country has been reporting each & every death while we haven’t ?
I mean seriously ?

It just suits...fake news Harve's...Lord Haw Haw imagine to take that line.

Are you pair walking around with your eyes closed. !!  Sunday Times unmasked the death total outside of hospitals at 20,000.....suddenly the Tories say oh go on we'll admit 6,000 then to appease them. Lets not forget and I repeat again who the Sunday Times supports....the Tories

Stop defending the indefensible. Of course we have more deaths than anyone but the USA Zyph for christ sake. We dont even need the 14.000 that the Tories have hidden to achieve that catastrophic target !

It soooo disturbing that still the Tories are being defended here. Fake news my arse. I'm beginning to understand the reasons why a long time poster recently aborted his account here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 6:53 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
More deaths than anyone but USA ?
Get real Harve. Do you honestly believe every other country has been reporting each & every death while we haven’t ?
I mean seriously ?

He’ll believe it because that’s what he really wants to believe, trouble with him is his posts are so vindictive/anti tory/ anti Boris etc that the message can’t be delivered.
Theres an attitude developing that’s its only Harve delivering his usual breakfast crap again best move on and read other posts which give some perspective
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 8:49 am

We all can produce statistics to suit our own perspectives so I’ve extrapolated these statistics below, theses show a discrepancy in the death figures, so we could as Harve does, assume the discrepancies are deaths from COVID 19 but are they, even the statisticians don’t know, the eminent Professor Speighaller has stated “ask me in December the true fatality rates in the UK and Europe”

So if your anti Tory crack on with the government and Boris bashing, but if you wish to to take a more prescriptive non knee jerk view best wait and see but meanwhile let’s support this country to get out of this crisis and bash the Government if necessary when/if irrefutable evidence is provided.

For clarity I’ve no political persuasion anymore.

Looking just at the figures for England and Wales, if you remember, 16,387 deaths were registered in Week 14 of 2020, 18,516 in Week 15, and 22,351 in Week 16. These represented 6,082, 7,996 and 11,854 more deaths than you would expect in those weeks of an average year. Of course in an average year there isn’t a Covid-19 pandemic, so it would be reasonable to guess that it was the sole cause of 2020’s extra deaths. And yet, according to the figures, it isn’t.

In those three weeks, just 3,475, 6,213 and 8,758 death certificates mentioned Covid-19. This still leaves 2,607, 1,783 and 3,096 “extra” people dying. Not of—or even “with”—Covid-19, but seemingly for some other reason. This is the gap in our knowledge where many of the answers to our questions about the “true” death toll will lie.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:07 am

Theres no doubt the figures dont truly represent deaths in this country but then they have always shown the figures as "deaths from COVID in HOSPITALS". This is obviously more accurate with care home deaths included but it is an actual guide to figures of actual cases and its measurable which is what we need.
What other method does Harve think the Italians and Spanish use or the USA? I bet you its the same.
Did anyone else see Ian Hislops program about Harve and his mates last night "the history of fake news"? Quite scary really and the conclusion was that fake news is spread by people who want to believe the story is true, once they have received said story from another peer in their group which shares their beliefs they believe it as fact whilst to someone else its patently false. No better than sheep. misled sheep.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:13 am

Another great example of how Harve is adamant hes right when wrong was his graph the other day. I decried it as fake as it obviously ignored all data present at the time and for some bizarre reason stopped everybody elses outbreak whilst ours was continued to a stupid level.
Feel free to bump your graph and prove me wrong now Harve but the graph wont stand any better today than it did a few weeks ago. The main flag to me was also that it was posted by someone of his "stand up wear red and be counted" facebook group. A bunch of bitter left wing remainers who funnily enough hate Bojo for Brexit, their interests arent stopping covid but the former. its so biases its just not funny and its sure as fook not news.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:33 pm

TGWU,I think you should stop posting lists of figures-they are meaningless.

For example was the virus contracted while hospitalised for another life threatening condition, caught in the home or caught in the wider community.

No point in saying 2 people from Tavistock have died if one caught the virus at work in say, Okehampton and the other was in Hospital with the Big C.

Please remember some people are very scared and anxious, posting vague information could have serious consequences.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Lifted from a few minutes ago.....further words in addition to what I posted earlier today on thread are superfluous....apologies on a postcard

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:51 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Lifted from a few minutes ago.....further words in addition to what I posted earlier today on thread are superfluous....apologies on a postcard

Harves graph hasn't copied to here go to coronavirus thread where it has and shows the graph up for being undeniably wrong.

Apologise for what? I wouldn't deny that we have the highest number of cases in Europe it's plain to see and I for one am not in denial about it, however let's fact check your graph of the other week'

harvetheslayer wrote:
Really Seadog than perhaps you'd like to comment on this from a few hours ago

Thank you Bozo and Psychopath Cummings.....what an indictment.  They'll hang draw and quarter the twat when this is over.  The responsibility for this WHOLE fiasco is down to Johnson for his inactions and lies from day 1

Europe: 141 780 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are Italy (29 079), United Kingdom (28 734), Spain (25 428), France (25 201) and Belgium (7 924).

So how are the facts from your graph shaping up against the figures released by the European centre for disease control valid up until 5th May?
Looking more and more like utter fabrication to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 1:00 pm

Grovehill wrote:
TGWU,I think you should stop posting lists of figures-they are meaningless.

For example was the virus contracted while hospitalised for another life threatening condition, caught in the home or caught in the wider community.

No point in saying 2 people from Tavistock have died if one caught the virus at work in say, Okehampton and the other was in Hospital with the Big C.

Please remember some  people are very scared and anxious, posting vague information could have serious consequences.

Oh FFS get your head out of your backside, it’s all posted on Devon Live and in today’s Herald exactly as TGWU has posted, so give your pomposity a rest for Christ sakes
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm

In fact if you check the facts Italy has had more deaths than us in total and we are just about a thousand deaths more than Spain. All between 25k to 30k. Again the source is the European centre for disease control.
Apology on a postcard please.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 2:34 pm

A true picture of causalities won't emerge until all this is long over. Years maybe!

Each country is recording and reporting deaths 'related' to AND 'directly' from CV-19 in different ways.

I don't understand the infatuation with the death figures from some people. Just thank your lucky stars you're still here and probable living in a part of the country which is least affected.

I also don't understand why even finishing the season is be contemplated, in any league! Scrap the season, award promotions and relegations based on current positions and be done with it.

What we should be thinking about is if we can even start next season in August! Personally I don't think we will. I don't think we'll see next season until the new year, at the earliest.

Football as we know/knew it isn't coming back anytime soon, sadly Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Yeah cos it’s really the lefts fault is it all this Tory incompetence try saying that to the people who have lost loves one due to There incompetence many lives could have been saved and when this finally all over hope there held accountable
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 5:03 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Yeah cos it’s really the lefts fault is it all this Tory incompetence try saying that to the people who have lost loves one due to There incompetence many lives could have been saved

Yep, if people had followed government advice, stayed at home, maintained proper social distancing, used common sense...however little they may possess, and were more hygienic. Where I do think the government deserves criticism is for not implementing a properly enforced lockdown.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 5:17 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Yeah cos it’s really the lefts fault is it all this Tory incompetence try saying that to the people who have lost loves one due to There incompetence many lives could have been saved

Yep, if people had followed government advice, stayed at home, maintained proper social distancing, used common sense...however little they may possess, and were more hygienic. Where I do think the government deserves criticism is for not implementing a properly enforced lockdown.
lockdown should have been earlier but NO all because of pressure from big business to keep the economy going putting money before people’s life’s
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 5:29 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

lockdown should have been earlier but NO all because of pressure from big business to keep the economy going putting money before people’s life’s

Perhaps it could've come 2 or 3 weeks earlier but I don't buy your big business theory, the scientific advice was followed, obviously the science isn't always correct but it was new to everyone so mistakes were inevitable. As I've said, if lockdown was properly observed and enforced the death rate would almost certainly have been lower but modern day Britain/Britons don't like being told what to do by the state.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 11:38 pm

The UK appears at the moment to have the highest number of deaths however IMO 'death toll' should be measured per capita, ie per million head of population and using that measure we are below Andora, Spain, Italy and Belgium.

It's like saying that the USA has the highest 'death toll' in the world, well it sure has the most deaths but far fewer than many countries per million head of population.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 6:43 am

Les Miserable wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Perhaps it could've come 2 or 3 weeks earlier but I don't buy your big business theory, the scientific advice was followed, obviously the science isn't always correct but it was new to everyone so mistakes were inevitable. As I've said, if lockdown was properly observed and enforced the death rate would almost certainly have been lower but modern day Britain/Britons don't like being told what to do by the state.

Spot on. Our ‘lockdown’ was/is a joke. Spain are now starting to reap the benefits of a proper lockdown. If you weren’t getting essential food or medicine then you had to have a damn good reason to be out and about. In France too, you even had to have written document in many areas saying where you were going.

Meanwhile in Britain, tens of thousands are out, milling around, going to each other’s houses even, and if questioned their get out clause is “taking my hours exercise”. Our version of lockdown is woefully lax, and is the biggest reason - 6 weeks on - that our death rate is still alarmingly high.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 6:44 am

Priceless just priceless

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 7:53 am

RegGreen wrote:
Yeah cos it’s really the lefts fault is it all this Tory incompetence try saying that to the people who have lost loves one due to There incompetence many lives could have been saved  and when this finally all over hope there held accountable

Dom Cummings dictated we went for Herd Immunity, which it appears we still are. That is why we are so slow to act.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 8:21 am

The late and comparatively weak lockdown has played a huge part in the frightening figures we're seeing now. Saying that, it's all relative seeing as Italy, Spain etc haven't recorded deaths in care homes and the wider community (which some seem to conveniently miss), only hospital deaths.

I can't get my head around that only two days ago a minister ( don't remember who it was) was calling for inbound passengers arriving at Heathrow to be isolated for 14 days! NOW? 15k arriving daily from CV19 hotspots for the last 6 weeks completely unchecked or screened for the virus and he's calling for screening and isolation NOW? What f*cking planet is he on? It really beggars belief.

The government have certainly f*cked up on certain issues, but have been, imho, fantastic in others. The ramifications will rattle on for decades after all this is done and dusted, and sadly will be used by opposition as a stick to beat each other with in the HoP and other debating platforms.

I'm no Tory fan ( or Labour or any political cabal before anyone f*cking starts) but f*ck me, what a gigantuous, monumental, unknown and unprecedented situation to deal with Covid-19 is. I don't envy their job one bit - whoever was running the country.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 10:01 am

RegGreen wrote:
Yeah cos it’s really the lefts fault is it all this Tory incompetence try saying that to the people who have lost loves one due to There incompetence many lives could have been saved  and when this finally all over hope there held accountable

I think we should start with looking at China!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 10:11 am

Lifted from an Argyles supporters page.....have edged out his name but just love this albeit the reality is just insane

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 10:25 am

Packed tube trains nearly every day in London and airports still open with people pouring in from all over the world unchecked and un-quarantined means there was no actual lock down. With the governments half lock down/half herd immunity policy all they have achieved is completely destroying the economy for many decades to come without actually saving that many lives (the real numbers are way higher than official numbers). Should have been proper lock down or nothing.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 11:31 am

Freathy wrote:
Packed tube trains nearly every day in London and airports still open with people pouring in from all over the world unchecked and un-quarantined means there was no actual lock down.  With the governments half lock down/half herd immunity policy all they have achieved is completely destroying the economy for many decades to come without actually saving that many lives (the real numbers are way higher than official numbers).   Should have been proper lock down or nothing.

And one of the top men has resigned !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus and Football
Page 22 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next