Rickler
green_genie
Vampires11
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 2:19 pm

We are having a extendable changing room tunnel which will be able to extend to about 30 metres
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 3:13 pm

That isn't going to look wank is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Tgwu wrote:
We are having a extendable changing room tunnel which will be able to extend to about 30 metres

Ooh, Nearly as long as the 3/4 length grandstand! Laughing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 6:52 am

I dont see the point of this tunnel at all. The Stewards simply have to be vigilant for literally minutes each game as the players come out and subsequently return to dressing rooms what 60 seconds each time
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 7:45 am

I know what your saying but if they can get extra seating open as a result of it then it can only be a good thing imho.

In recent years the club seems to be hell bent on reducing capacity by any means possible.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 8:11 am

All may not be needed, on the fans forum last night they are still looking at moving the home fans from the Devonport end to the Barn Park end
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 8:13 am

P.O.I wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Ooh, Nearly as long as the 3/4 length grandstand! Laughing

Take the length with a pinch of salt, as it came from another site.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 8:19 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
I know what your saying but if they can get extra seating open as a result of it then it can only be a good thing imho.

In recent years the club seems to be hell bent on reducing capacity by any means possible.

I don't think we've had a gate that has been held back by stadium capacity in years, apart from Liverpool in the cup?  A once in a generation thing... When was the last sell out in league play?

In a few weeks we are due to have a stadium that will hold pretty much twice our current average attendance!  ...and yet, there are those that see the corners being filled in as a priority?  
WTF?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 10:07 am

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I don't think we've had a gate that has been held back by stadium capacity in years, apart from Liverpool in the cup?  A once in a generation thing...  When was the last sell out in league play?

In a few weeks we are due to have a stadium that will hold pretty much twice our current average attendance!  ...and yet, there are those that see the corners being filled in as a priority?  
WTF?

I’d like to see the corners filled in for one very good reason.

Someone like Hallett comes along, well, once in a generation. If the corners are EVER to be filled, I’d say the only chance of it happening will be on Hallett’s watch.

Then, if and when we get back to the 2nd tier there is a ‘ready-to-go’ stadium fit for virtually every eventuality.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 10:34 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I don't think we've had a gate that has been held back by stadium capacity in years, apart from Liverpool in the cup?  A once in a generation thing...  When was the last sell out in league play?

WTF?

Someone like Hallett comes along, well, once in a generation. If the corners are EVER to be filled, I’d say the only chance of it happening will be on Hallett’s watch.

Then, if and when we get back to the 2nd tier there is a ‘ready-to-go’ stadium fit for virtually every eventuality.

Zackly plus we've literally wasted ten years of opportunity due to Admin then being shackled to the lower leagues by the shyster. If Hallett and Lowe can get us to the top of league 1 then the crowds will turn up, we've still got a lower capacity now than we did last time we sold out in the Stapes/Ollie era.
Ricks you don't seem to believe Hallett is capable of getting us back there.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

WTF?

Yep, nows the time do fill the corners in, while Si is running the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 2:03 pm

But Bungo likes that corner with the bar and the dressing rooms geek
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Just bought a ticket for Mayflower Lower Granstand - Swindon Town, cheaper than the Lyndhurst (£17.75).

Try it out and see if it is ok.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 2:21 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Just bought a ticket for Mayflower Lower Granstand - Swindon Town, cheaper than the Lyndhurst (£17.75).

cheers cheers I just bought two tickets for the lyndhurst for the stevanage match £47-50p to watch fourth divison football ffs!
Nothing less than a magnificent victory will stop me moaning all the way ome. santa
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 3:26 pm

[quote="sufferedsince 68"]
VillageGreen wrote:

cheers cheers I just bought two tickets for the lyndhurst for the stevanage match £47-50p to watch fourth divison football ffs!
Nothing less than a magnificent victory will stop me moaning all the way ome. santa[/quote

It will probably be postponed
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

WTF?

Zackly plus we've literally wasted ten years of opportunity due to Admin then being shackled to the lower leagues by the shyster. If Hallett and Lowe can get us to the top of league 1 then the crowds will turn up, we've still got a lower capacity now than we did last time we sold out in the Stapes/Ollie era.

i believe immensely in Simon Hallett.  If anyone is going to improve this club in all sorts of ways, it's going to be him.

However..  He is never ever in a million years going to put the cart before the horse.  eg, built a stand before the crowds are there to sustain it.

Why build a stand that sits empty when you could put that money into players on the pitch who might improve the team therefore bringing the crowds in?  He's just told the world he's a "data" man.  The 'data' isn't there to support building a stand.  As I said...  It's been a generation since we sold out in league play and we already have seating for twice our regular attendance.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 8:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

WTF?

i believe immensely in Simon Hallett.  If anyone is going to improve this club in all sorts of ways, it's going to be him.

However..  He is never ever in a million years going to put the cart before the horse.  eg, built a stand before the crowds are there to sustain it.

Why build a stand that sits empty when you could put that money into players on the pitch who might improve the team therefore bringing the crowds in?  He's just told the world he's a "data" man.  The 'data' isn't there to support building a stand.  As I said...  It's been a generation since we sold out in league play and we already have seating for twice our regular attendance.

But there's another quite important and relevant aspect to Halletts involvement - the emotional attachment. If he were going purely on 'data' then it makes no sense whatsoever from his own personal financial standpoint to do what he's done already.

His decision to up the spec on the Grandstand is encouraging because this indicates that (if he is calling the shots) he has a certain standard that he wants to achieve.

For that reason alone I live in hope that every time he glances toward that monstrosity of a shipping container and general eyesore in the Demport/Mayflower corner, it annoys him enough for him to want to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 8:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

WTF?

But there's another quite important and relevant aspect to Halletts involvement - the emotional attachment. If he were going purely on 'data' then it makes no sense whatsoever from his own personal financial standpoint to do what he's done already.

His decision to up the spec on the Grandstand is encouraging because this indicates that (if he is calling the shots) he has a certain standard that he wants to achieve.

For that reason alone I live in hope that every time he glances toward that monstrosity of a shipping container and general eyesore in the Demport/Mayflower corner, it annoys him enough for him to want to do something about it.

Well, the short term fix is that Ginsters will soon have a large advertising tarpaulin there to cover up the mess...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 9:29 pm

Rickler wrote:

As I said...  It's been a generation since we sold out in league play and we already have seating for twice our regular attendance.

TBF we have been consistently extremely crap and in the 4th division for most of the past 9 years. Our attendances have held up pretty well all things considered.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
Rickler wrote:

As I said...  It's been a generation since we sold out in league play and we already have seating for twice our regular attendance.

TBF we have been consistently extremely crap and in the 4th division for most of the past 9 years.  Our attendances have held up pretty well all things considered.

Indeed they have!  However...

The best info I could find suggests that the redeveloped Home Park will have a capacity of around 18,200.  So just using that as a guideline...

You  have to go back to 1960 (that's SIXTY years) to find an average that comes close at 17,646 and back a year earlier to 1959 to find one that exceeds it (20,354)   Yes..  I understand the argument you need a capacity above the avg to compensate for the days of lower attendance, but even so...

The closest we have come in sixty years since then is a home average of 16,419 in season 2004-5

Meaning.. We have surplus of around 1700 seats already.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 am

Everyone knows the excessive segregation plus restricted view seats which will always keep the attendances down well below even for big games.

We don’t help ourselves sometimes
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 4:13 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Everyone knows the excessive segregation plus restricted view seats which will always keep the attendances down well below even for big games.

Which is why the man with a glint in his eye, (Andrew Parkinson) is toying with the idea of swapping the BPE and Devonport ends!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 5:42 am

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Which is why the man with a glint in his eye, (Andrew Parkinson) is toying with the idea of swapping the BPE and Devonport ends!

I'll be sure to get extra popcorn supplies in if that decision ever comes to fruition! Laughing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 6:52 am

Some people will simply never grasp that up and coming youngsters want to be associated with something that looks good...... They DONT want to put in the position where their mates say look at that shithole how can you go and watch footie there.... past gates data etc etc forget it

Build it with quality and they'll come. Its claimed that both corners can be overbuilt around the changing rooms so I'd love Hallett to get on and do it. Claims of whacking a Ginsters tarpaulin over the DE corner smacks of harry billy cheap once again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 7:49 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Some people will simply never grasp that up and coming youngsters want to be associated with something that looks good...... They DONT want to put in the position where their mates say look at that shithole how can you go and watch footie there.... past gates data etc etc forget it

Build it with quality and they'll come. Its claimed that both corners can be overbuilt around the changing rooms so I'd love Hallett to get on and do it. Claims of whacking a Ginsters tarpaulin over the DE corner smacks of harry billy cheap once again

As we can't change the central part of the grandstand now and I can see technical issues with the proximity of the Barn Park corner new builds I would be happy to see the potato patch filled in with an inovative design to join the two up and call it a day for HP. If this was done it might 'partially' help with the bottom tier rain issues as the elements are mainly driven from the direction. With regards to data I'm sure Hallett has dialled in the fact that we might well be out on a limb but that means we should have first dibs on a fan base that as a demographic gives us 750k within 1 hour travel - he is an astute man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 20 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next