Rickler
green_genie
Vampires11
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 8:23 am

Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Some people will simply never grasp that up and coming youngsters want to be associated with something that looks good...... They DONT want to put in the position where their mates say look at that shithole how can you go and watch footie there.... past gates data etc etc forget it

Build it with quality and they'll come. Its claimed that both corners can be overbuilt around the changing rooms so I'd love Hallett to get on and do it. Claims of whacking a Ginsters tarpaulin over the DE corner smacks of harry billy cheap once again

As we can't change the central part of the grandstand now and I can see technical issues with the proximity of the Barn Park corner

I cant. The GT's are struggling like feck to get people through the doors 7/7 as was always totally obvious from outset.
Somebody (read almost certainly Hallett) is paying off investors in full with 5 years interest as well (3 seperate investors unrelated to Pasoti or here saying the same and doubtless more) and I suspect when they're all paid off he'll take it over. Sooner the better get them festers out of there for starters

As such Hallett can happily build that corner around blocking out the GT shed with no animosity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 9:13 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Some people will simply never grasp that up and coming youngsters want to be associated with something that looks good...... They DONT want to put in the position where their mates say look at that shithole how can you go and watch footie there.... past gates data etc etc forget it

Build it with quality and they'll come. Its claimed that both corners can be overbuilt around the changing rooms so I'd love Hallett to get on and do it. Claims of whacking a Ginsters tarpaulin over the DE corner smacks of harry billy cheap once again

As we can't change the central part of the grandstand now and I can see technical issues with the proximity of the Barn Park corner

I cant. The GT's are struggling like feck to get people through the doors 7/7 as was always totally obvious from outset.
Somebody (read almost certainly Hallett) is paying off investors in full with 5 years interest as well (3 seperate investors unrelated to Pasoti or here saying the same and doubtless more) and I suspect when they're all paid off he'll take it over.  Sooner the better get them festers out of there for starters

As such Hallett can happily build that corner around blocking out the GT shed with no animosity

Time will tell with regards the BP corner but a phased approach to any extension at the cabbage patch would link the horseshoe with easier access to the fabled off pitch extras on the grandstand side and the away fellows can stay in their corner - no need to switch Demport. Although the GTs agreed to relinquishing the lease back after a period of time, they won’t be happy when it occurs but as you elude to, Hallett is covering the bases I expect. Let’s sort the on field antics, fill the ground and make the powers that be put their thinking caps on. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 11:37 am

The one drawing rather than 3D cartoon showed two of the roof support columns would go through the changing room footprint. The cantilever teels would clash with GTs suite. File this Phase 2 with the horseshoe was built so could have second tier added. Why anyone thinks it might happen when the current regime think you need as much segregation as trenches in WW1 is anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Unless you are a GTs member the lower Mayflower is going to be woefully under provided for toilets and catering. Quarter full today and made horseshoe look like club Wembley
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:25 pm

green_genie wrote:
Unless you are a GTs member the lower Mayflower is going to be woefully under provided for toilets and catering.  Quarter full today and made horseshoe look like club Wembley

Believe you me it wasnt much better under horse shoe, horrendous queus to go for a piss or try to obtain refreshments at half time, makes me question the sanity of people who will happily bin off minutes of a football match that they have paid for just to get a burger or a pint. Can they not just sodding wait till after the game ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Unless you are a GTs member the lower Mayflower is going to be woefully under provided for toilets and catering.  Quarter full today and made horseshoe look like club Wembley

Believe you me it wasnt much better under horse shoe, horrendous queus to go for a piss or try to obtain refreshments at half time, makes me question the sanity of people who will happily bin off minutes of a football match that they have paid for just to get a burger or a pint. Can they not just sodding wait till after the game ?

Makes me question the sanity of club owners and board members who over a number of years have treated their paying customers as cash cows and mugged them off with poorly thought out menus (lol) badly designed and undermanned serving areas and a compete lack of coomon sense. If they applied twenty percent of the effort they did to the corporate side of things you may actually want to go and get a hot drink or a snack at half time.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 3:14 am

Terrace non catering facilities

Ridiculous queues at HT at the couple of small catering stands at back of stand, nowhere to buy an oggie or an oxo in the Mayflower lower.
Fans trying to  use the bar upstairs but were turned away as its only for Grandstand users. were told to use the catering wagon out back without any real bar facilities

taken from the farm
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 6:00 am

Tgwu wrote:

Fans trying to  use the bar upstairs but were turned away as its only for Grandstand users. were told to use the catering wagon out back without any real bar facilities

You reading this Jon Back....?? Utter insanity (again) on your watch
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Woodsy Green on PASOTI

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"We tried to tell you but you wouldnt listen " laugh lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 3:07 pm

So not only do you get soaked, there's no food or drink either. Great new facilities for 2020! It's a good job we're going to be 4th division for many years to come with small crowds as the lower tier is completely unusable.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 3:20 pm

What you expect planned by Brent and his plans executed by Hallett and managed by bungo with little or no change to the said plan for the shitshack in the first place ...you were warned
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 3:52 pm

RegGreen wrote:
What you expect planned by Brent and his plans executed by Hallett and managed by bungo with little or no change to the said plan for the shitshack in the first place ...you were warned

We were all freaks and weirdos for raising our concerns apparently, he who laughs last ....................
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

We were all freaks and weirdos for raising our concerns apparently, he who laughs last ....................

Raising your concerns where?

On here? Lol, Fat good that will do you. You might as well bark at the moon.

All those with complaints.. Why don't you message the club and post the replies on here.

“We want your feedback on the Stevenage game. Everything from the hospitality and ticketing to the programme and entertainment. Please send your feedback to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fill yer boots.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 5:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

On here?  Lol,  Fat good that will do you.  You might as well bark at the moon.

All those with complaints..  Why don't you message the club and post the replies on here.

“We want your feedback on the Stevenage game. Everything from the hospitality and ticketing to the programme and entertainment. Please send your feedback to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fill yer boots.

Oh behave yourself.

Since it's inception we argued of how much a tin pot excercise this would be and we have been proved right......once again.
Banned from PASOTI so here or on free chat were our only sources of angst, quite surprised I have to remind you of that fact Ricks but you live and learn I suppose.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 5:44 pm

Paid £17 for lower mayflower tickets for Wednesday, decent price, can't expect to be able to eat, drink or piss for that money. Hope it doesn't rain Smile
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 5:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

On here?  Lol,  Fat good that will do you.  You might as well bark at the moon.

All those with complaints..  Why don't you message the club and post the replies on here.

Fill yer boots.
I raise my concerns about it but as you know and with spoke in the past about it none of my emails were ever answered by hallett (And yes they were polite )
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Raising concerns lol

You could fill an essay about concerns if you read the history of ATD, and it's not just on here either. The amount of objections, concerns and questions that were submitted to planning, council, Brent, FOCP.

It goes back years.

Don't get me wrong as being a Hallett basher because he pretty much inherited a shit sandwich from James Bent, I just think with the amount of dosh he has put in it would have been more sensible to bin the mankover plans completely and wait a short while till we could have done it properly.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Raising concerns lol

You could fill an essay about concerns if you read the history of ATD, and it's not just on here either. The amount of objections, concerns and questions that were submitted to planning, council, Brent, FOCP.

It goes back years.

Don't get me wrong as being a Hallett basher because he pretty much inherited a shit sandwich from James Bent, I just think with the amount of dosh he has put in it would have been more sensible to bin the mankover plans completely and wait a short while till we could have done it properly.

You and others just don't get it. The grandstand was never ever in the foreseeable future going to be "done Properly".  The money just isn't available to do it.  Those who claim a new stand with a cantilever roof could have been built for the same money are simply delusional. Living in fantasy land. Just because some brickie claims it can be done, doesn't mean it can be. People who believe this nonsense are idiots.  

I'll take the advice of the man who is writing the checks on how much they wanted to charge him (somewhere between 12-20 million and a lot longer to build) as to how much a new grandstand would cost.  He should know better than anyone else.  It also dismisses Harve's stupid claim that Hallett is richer than God.  If he was that rich, 20 mill wouldn't be a problem would it?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 6:54 pm

It's not surprising there are teething problems but the food and drink problem has been longstanding. Myself and countless other fans have complained to the club about he queues, high prices and sub standard fare on offer. They just pay lip service to our concerns and feck all changes, along with prices, no POTD and understaffed turnstiles leading to longer queues its another thing that puts me off going. Admittedly I haven't complained in Halletts time but I know other fans have and Hallett hasn't even looked at the problem probably because he and all his team are OBSESSED with the prawn sandwich brigade. Talk to anybody that does corporate and you will hear nothing but praise for what Argyle do and what great value for money it is. Whilst I know this is important FFS don't ignore the other 95% of the fanbase which are viewed secondary to the corporate minority whilst supplying the club with the bulk of their income. Kind of mirrors real life really and if Hallett does anything other than makes sympathetic noises I'll eat my shorts.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's not surprising there are teething problems but the food and drink problem has been longstanding. Myself and countless other fans have complained to the club about he queues, high prices and sub standard fare on offer. They just pay lip service to our concerns and feck all changes, along with prices, no POTD and understaffed turnstiles leading to longer queues its another thing that puts me off going. Admittedly I haven't complained in Halletts time but I know other fans have and Hallett hasn't even looked at the problem probably because he and all his team are OBSESSED with the prawn sandwich brigade. Talk to anybody that does corporate and you will hear nothing but praise for what Argyle do and what great value for money it is. Whilst I know this is important FFS don't ignore the other 95% of the fanbase which are viewed secondary to the corporate minority whilst supplying the club with the bulk of their income. Kind of mirrors real life really and if Hallett does anything other than makes sympathetic noises I'll eat my shorts.

Very fair point.

However..  In one of his first talks to the Fanbase, Simon Hallett talked about how if he could do anything, it would be to solve the food and drink problem.  He was fed up himself with waiting in queue and it being the top subject of complaint in John Lloyd's annual survey as anybody.

Weren't new pumps put in to try and speed up the pouring?  Even so..  Obviously a lot more needs to be done.  The Yanks do a pretty good job at most sports stadia so obviously it can be done?  Hallett knows this.  Will things ever be great?  I somehow doubt it, but I would be very surprised if under Hallett they don't improve.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 4:26 am

Thanks for screenshot. He really is an utter cretin lol.
As regards Hallett I suspect he'll sort out all the teething problems with a stroke of the pen once they've all been collated.
Further tale last night the 4th I know of GT investors money being completely repaid in full all interest totted up, the lot.
Only one guy doing this but more interesting is why
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

The GT's are struggling like feck to get people through the doors 7/7 as was always totally obvious from outset.
Somebody (read almost certainly Hallett) is paying off investors in full with 5 years interest as well (3 seperate investors unrelated to Pasoti or here saying the same and doubtless more) and I suspect when they're all paid off he'll take it over.  

harvetheslayer wrote:

As regards Hallett I suspect he'll sort out all the teething problems with a stroke of the pen once they've all been collated.
Further tale last night the 4th I know of GT investors money being completely repaid in full all interest totted up, the lot.
Only one guy doing this but more interesting is why

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The stuff in bold is good news, it's great to know that the GT's are in reality, doing so well!

The Hallett stuff is just further nonsense from Harve.  Does anybody on ATD actually believe any of it?  Anybody?  Anybody at all?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 6:32 am

Jon Back I could have picked any of a 101 complaints frankly over your abortion and how badly designed it is

"I agree. Both are noticibly too small/condensed to accommodate a full grandstand...shudder to think what might happen with so many old/infirm folk having to evacuate via such a small area in the event of an emergency. A classic case of not really considering your customer demographic. Also, having just 4 turnstiles is simply not enough on a busy day. One other thing that needs addressing is the paintwork on the concourse walls. Why it is matt emulsion I'll never know. The walls are going to get filthy over time and will need to be constantly repainted. Would be much better applying a gloss/eggshell finish for at least the bottom 6 feet. As lovely as the stand looks, there doesn't seem to have been much of a common sense approach taken to its development from a customer perspective"

At least that one was generally polite !
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 6:38 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Paid £17 for lower mayflower tickets for Wednesday, decent price, can't expect to be able to eat, drink or piss for that money. Hope it doesn't rain Smile
Same price as sitting in Bristows Bench at Plainmoor, but then you stay dry there although again having a piss or cup of tea at HT took up most of the 15m break.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 10:06 am

akagreengull wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Same price as sitting in Bristows Bench at Plainmoor, but then you stay dry there although again having a piss or cup of tea at HT took up most of the 15m break.

Was in row G seven rows from the front and got wet, the front ten rows will get wet from what I saw yesterday, luckily it wasn't too heavy just a constant drizzle but it's not going to be much fun when it pisses down. Back to the Lyndy next time jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next