zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Wasn't too much going on this afternoon. Take it their on day work and not price

Another beauty for the Ottawa Green wank bank.

Ottawa Green AKA Millbridge Mike Pig Pig Pig
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 7:17 am

The Brent arse reamers need to look at reality
Planning is incomplete...no waffle or packdrill and any of Nools rat pack can view the planning portal
Claims of enablement work continue which appears to be foundation work only which also ties in with what McGuire said of the GTs shipping container namely authorised to DPC only and no more.

Biggest clue of the lot is the complete lack of action on a £8 million site where at this stage of proceedings you'd reasonable expect 50 workers on site and not 5 if you're lucky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:18 am

Looking at those steels, and considering what’s going to be built on top of them, I’m not sure if I would be comfortable sitting in the grandstand knowing there’s only a few shitty rusty pillars holding up a couple of hundred tons of new material, and a couple of thousand people up!

Not that I ever sit in the grandstand, mind you. That’s reserved for educated wankers, cheuffeuers and piss-stained losers with fake yank accents. Although, I did sit in there once, to watch a firework display. That was shit as well! Mad Laughing

Last edited by P.O.I on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 am

Never sat upstairs in the Moanflower, the complete lack of atmosphere from the bobble hatted faithful, the shade and the hard wooden seats somewhat put me off, oh to stand up again on the terraces leaning against a bar - those were the days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Never sat upstairs in the Moanflower, the complete lack of atmosphere from the bobble hatted faithful, the shade and the hard wooden seats somewhat put me off, oh to stand up again on the terraces leaning against a bar - those were the days.

Especially behind the dugouts where you could throw pasties at the away manager, and the Lino if he was shit! dnc
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:32 pm

P.O.I wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Especially behind the dugouts where you could throw pasties at the away manager, and the Lino if he was shit! dnc

Didnt someone throw a pasty at Ian dowie once after he was taunting the crowd behind the dugout.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Best pasty incident was when we were playing Cardiff and someone lobbed a pasty into the middle of the six yard box from about block 17. Cue about four hundred seagulls having a feeding frenzy and the Cardiff goalie literally running out the way until he saw an attack mounting when he ran back in flapping his arms. Shame we didn't score but it was funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 2:52 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Didnt someone throw a pasty at Ian dowie once after he was taunting the crowd behind the dugout.

I remember that well, Dowie went radio rental. He was red faced, frothing at the mouth and offering the entire lower Mayflower out. Laughing

Just so we’re clear, it wasn’t me who threw that particular pasty before the fake yank with the piss-stained shoes screenshots this and goes running to his master, Obi Pig Kanobi laugh
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 6:05 pm

akagreengull wrote:

I've had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting in the grandstand wasn't great up there, glad i convinced who I was going with to get us tickets in the Lyndhurst .

was falling apart up there when I was last up there around 2003 I think.
When ever it was Trigger bounced that indirect free kick off the keeper.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 6:08 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Looking at those steels, and considering what’s going to be built on top of them, I’m not sure if I would be comfortable sitting in the grandstand knowing there’s only a few shitty rusty pillars holding up a couple of hundred tons of new material, and a couple of thousand people up!

Not that I ever sit in the grandstand, mind you. That’s reserved for educated wankers, cheuffeuers and piss-stained losers with fake yank accents. Although, I did sit in their once, to watch a firework display. That was shit as well!

theres no way that could pass any kind of building inspection is there,
Maybe thats what the hold up is no one in there right mind wants to 1) get shafted by brent, 2) build 100 tons of new stuff on shit and 3) be responsible for any disaster that befell it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 7:24 am

Never has the term " told you so" been more apt than ATDs prediction that the entire clusterfuck would be a complete fiasco of immense proportion
Judging by the behind the scenes complete meldown we didnt stress the point strongly enough
Dont under estimate how many guests read this thread judging by comments I get away from ATD
There is virtually no one unaware any more of Brents hopeless inept shenanigans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:01 am

After the strange dealings of Brent not laying a brick on numerous ventures in our 7 years, I always thought the club would be at its most vulnerable with this grandstand fiasco except the knight in green armour from across the pond miraculously drops in to save the day with part of his own nest egg. As some elude to, what sane financial body would have backed this clusterfcuk under Brent alone - none!! I thought I would give Hallett time to settle in and go along with the new regime but becoming more suspicious by the week - clearly £4mill was never enough to sort it all out and now £6.5mill is iffy as hell. Something is not right about this whole deal when you look at the skeleton rusty hulk - just wondering if anyone will ever sit up in the gods again!!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Well, contrary to the stream of unsubstantiated rumours...

Drains being laid, and the GT's pushing on...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:03 pm

are any of those shots to do with the grandy or just the GTs?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 pm

seadog wrote:
are any of those shots to do with the grandy or just the GTs?

The drains being installed are for the dressing rooms and "the steel erection team" appear to be at the start of a process that will see a retaining wall being built in front of the grandstand next week?  The GT's work appears to be foundational?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 11:51 am

Still no action or news regarding the club shop and ticket office. The second hand units they bought in must be a right load of crap.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 11:57 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
Still no action or news regarding the club shop and ticket office. The second hand units they bought in must be a right load of crap.

For christ sake dont be so negative
This is a Jimmy Brent development which was only meant to be open in August of last year....

Cmon play the game...... laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Just checked out both development webcams.

I see work on the GT's bar has picked up pace. The Grandstand however - I counted 5 people just wandering around. How can this be on project of this magnitude? Surely it should be a hive of activity!

Something's not right here. I'm going up to HP and have a word.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 12:59 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

The last we heard from Jon Back, the shop would actually be ready before Xmas, but the grand opening was to be a new year event. I’m pretty sure the date quoted by him somewhere was next week, mid January.

This was a quote from his November blog....

We are currently revising the opening date of both the new shop and ticket office and are confident that it will be physically ready just before Christmas. However, given that this is possibly the busiest time of the year, our plans at this time are to hold the grand opening as a New Year event. I am sure that Rachel, Nicki and their wonderful teams will keep the mulled wine warmed for you, so make sure you keep some of your festive present money set aside”

Rachel & Nikki must have some Industrial grade machinery to keep the mulled wine warm.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

The last we heard from Jon Back, the shop would actually be ready before Xmas, but the grand opening was to be a new year event. I’m pretty sure the date quoted by him somewhere was next week, mid January.  

This was a quote from his November blog....

We are currently revising the opening date of both the new shop and ticket office and are confident that it will be physically ready just before Christmas. However, given that this is possibly the busiest time of the year, our plans at this time are to hold the grand opening as a New Year event. I am sure that Rachel, Nicki and their wonderful teams will keep the mulled wine warmed for you, so make sure you keep some of your festive present money set aside”

Rachel & Nikki must have some Industrial grade machinery to keep the mulled wine warm.

I expect the mulled wine budget has taken a hit with Adams maginificent January war chest cash injection. Either that or they've had the opening but it was only Nik, Dunlop and Nool who attended and they all signed NDA's.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 pm

There’ll be an announcement in the next few days foreshore. There always is after something gets highlighted on ATD.

Seriously though, these flatpack sheds were dropped in in July? Quite how this can be attributable to a few snagging issues and then missing a shopfitting slot is beyond laughable. An experienced commercial project manager wouldn’t be fobbed off for 6 months that’s for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
There’ll be an announcement in the next few days foreshore. There always is after something gets highlighted on ATD.

Seriously though, these flatpack sheds were dropped in in July? Quite how this can be attributable to a few snagging issues and then missing a shopfitting slot is beyond laughable. An experienced commercial project manager wouldn’t be fobbed off for 6 months that’s for sure.

Can anyone passing confirm whether it still has plastic sheets for windows?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Isn't this the shop?

Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Isn't this all rather less than you were given to expect? I thought that a thrusting Club like Argyle would be at the forefront of retailing, with a plethora of unmissable offers from an emporium stacked to the rafters with green goodies. What is really happening?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 7:34 pm

Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Isn't this the shop?

Looks like the shop/ticket office to me. Still doesnt show inside.

One thing I did notice from looking at the pics the Gts seem to be cracking on and putting the steel up. I thought they only had planning permission upto DPC level. Isnt steel work above foundation level?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next