sufferedsince 68
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brent in the Herald said....

“Without giving too many clues away, the provision of the new retail and ticketing facilities will be at an earlier time in the build than most of the rest of it.”

Wtf is he on about, “without giving too many clues away”?

Is this whole thing a whodunnit? Why the fcuk does he feel the need not to give clues away?

Brent’s version of ‘transparency’ is quite literally the polar opposite of everyone else’s.

You beat me to it.

Can't for the life of me think why he can't just tell us what is happening.

With an article headlined "James Brent on how Plymouth Argyle plan on minimising disruption during Grandstand rebuild" I was expecting something about where the season ticket holders were going to be moved to instead of which all we get is more vague, pointless waffle.

Does that article tell us anything at all?

Indeed - transparency Brent style. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:27 pm

I seriously think he's under the impression that whatever his mate tells him is actually the truth, and an accurate description of the green army boots on the ground and how they feel. He's a dense one, that's for sure, but sadly you don't have to have a degree in economics to asset strip a bunch of yokels.
I imagine that's his way of saying the new shop thing incorporating the turnstile facade will be completed first. Well, whoopedydoo, I can hardly contain myself.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 6:20 pm

So who's the Main Contractor and when do they start?.................. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 6:52 pm

I'd probably go for this lot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Knowing our luck it was probably Carillon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Old Harve will like this comment on the ever spiralling makeover of Battersea power station.

Quote :
The surprise move comes after the costs of transforming the crumbling riverside brick structure into an office, shops and apartments complex — including Apple’s new London HQ — doubled from an initial forecast of about £750 million to around £1.5 billion.
The huge technical challenge of stripping out far more asbestos than expected, combined with soaring constructions costs — much related to chronic shortages of skilled workers — fuelled the cost overruns.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 pm

beesrus wrote:
Old Harve will like this comment on the ever spiralling makeover of Battersea power station.

Quote :
The surprise move comes after the costs of transforming the crumbling riverside brick structure into an office, shops and apartments complex — including Apple’s new London HQ — doubled from an initial forecast of about £750 million to around £1.5 billion.
The huge technical challenge of stripping out far more asbestos than expected, combined with soaring constructions costs — much related to chronic shortages of skilled workers — fuelled the cost overruns.

Yep and if you trawl back to wherever I originally said about the forward spaces on a nuclear sub that I was on in the late 70's exactly same reason that the forward spaces were out of bounds for 6 weeks for identical reasons  as Battersea. Cost multi millions in lost time. Grandstand the same, could be less then they anticipate on the lagging but also just as likely more
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm

we could sell the asbestos to the fans?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brent in the Herald said....

“Without giving too many clues away, the provision of the new retail and ticketing facilities will be at an earlier time in the build than most of the rest of it.”

Wtf is he on about, “without giving too many clues away”?

Is this whole thing a whodunnit? Why the fcuk does he feel the need not to give clues away?

Brent’s version of ‘transparency’ is quite literally the polar opposite of everyone else’s.

You beat me to it.

Can't for the life of me think why he can't just tell us what is happening.

With an article headlined "James Brent on how Plymouth Argyle plan on minimising disruption during Grandstand rebuild" I was expecting something about where the season ticket holders were going to be moved to instead of which all we get is more vague, pointless waffle.

Does that article tell us anything at all?

Indeed - transparency Brent style. scratch
thats why he dont tell us whats going on..cos his a bullshitter he makes it up as he goes along..even jimbo dont even know whats going on himself thats why
Let alone anybody else laugh
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Thirty five days after gettin planning permission the Main Contractor is ? The start date is ?
Its all gone very quiet on the Non Developing front.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 5:10 pm

PatDunne wrote:
we could sell the asbestos to the fans?
Would it come in a lovely frame? and would a Birdshit stained piece cost more?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 5:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Thirty five days after gettin planning permission the Main Contractor is ? The start date is ?

There was mention of a company doing some work last week
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 5:22 pm

Tgwu wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

There was mention of a company doing some work last week
Was that just Brent Propoganda from his man Errington, or have contracts been signed start dates agreed etc etc?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Strange...I could of sworn we had been told (with pictures) that some of the offices were moving to Plumer House Crownhill so work could start. The rest following in February....the shop and ticket office will be still be at Home Park.....or was that just fake news.....or was that just Trump twittering away.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:12 am

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Strange...I could of sworn we had been told (with pictures) that some of the offices were moving to Plumer House Crownhill so work could start. The rest following in February....the shop and ticket office will be still be at Home Park.....or was that just fake news.....or was that just Trump twittering away.

Agreed there has been some background noise but nothing more.  Surely Grandstand season tickets holders will be first sign of action when told they have been reallocated elsewhere. Until somebody trumps up with that news bugger all will be occuring
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:28 am

Yep, the fact the the Granstand ST holders know nothing means nothing is happening. But I don't want the mankover to start anyway. I want brent to f*** off and a proper owner come in and do the job properly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:45 am

Wasn't there a Herald article yesterday, or maybe Wednesday, about the 'dirty work' being carried out in the close season? To minimise the disruption for the grandstand match day crew. So i'd imagine it will all be external stuff (changing rooms, etc) if anything is really started in the first quarter (by 31st March then) and so there won't be any need to confuse the Grandstand ST holders any more than usual until it comes to season 2018/19 tickets. Then they'll be forced to come over with the rest of us great unwashed. That's when stewarding will have to step up considerably, because I'd hate for any pyro youngsters to upset our landed gentry. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:57 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Would it come in a lovely frame? and would a Birdshit stained piece cost more?
Deep pan obvs Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 9:05 am

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

"Were" moving, not has moved, will move. They haven't moved yet
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
So who's the Main Contractor and when do they start?.................. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed cheers cheers cheers

Not been Appointed yet - FACT !

Although planning permission has been granted the architects are still in a period of planning, once complete the package will then go to tender.

Once this process is complete a main contractor will be appointed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 am

must be true. albino
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 11:07 am

Well one aspect of work that they could crack on with without being in the way of anything, is the installation of seating to the current Mayflower terrace area. Get that done first - before August - then there’d be the option to temporarily relocate Grandstand dwellers there.

But then actually doing something fundamental for the average fan is right down at the bottom on Brents list of priorities. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they ‘run out of cash’ before that area is done.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 11:33 am

Dane. wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Although planning permission has been granted the architects are still in a period of planning, once complete the package will then go to tender.

When was planning permission granted Dane ?? Not according to Graham Clark on this forum.....?? His expectation once all the " interim requirements" were completed (including Brent paying £250,000) was late in QI

I'll let someone else find the two posts from couple weeks ago here
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 11:35 am

There you go GC wrote on the 3rd January here

"Contrary to popular belief planning permission for the hybrid planning application at Home Park/HHP/Western Gateway site has yet to be granted. On 14th December the Planning Committee confirmed that the Council were minded to grant planning permission subject to a s106 agreement being signed. Just before Christmas PCC extended the time for the agreement to bre signed to 26th January 2018. Only when the agreement is signed can the Planning permission be formally granted.

The s106 agreement requires the applicant to pay £250,000 in two instalments linked to the commencement of the Western Gateway and HHP commercial (non-ice rink) sites. It is a payment required to offset the loss of part of Central Park for additional parking at the Western Gateway site. The payment goes towards strategic green space for the Central Park Master Plan. The payment requirement has nothing to do with the Football Club nor the commencement of the Grandstand refurbishment.

Once planning permission is granted there is a requirement to discharge 12 pre-commencement / pre-construction planning conditions. These conditions relate to a number of issues such as access, contamination, drainage, the programme of works etc.

If work is commenced on the site before any pre-commencement conditions are formally discharged by the Council it can invalidate the whole planning permission. Some demolition works may be exempted. So work cannot commence until all the relevant conditions are formally discharged by PCC.

On the basis of the above, therefore, it is most unlikely that a valid planning permission, including works associated with the grandstand, can be legally commenced until towards the end of the first quarter of 2018"
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Dane. wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

When was planning permission granted Dane  ??   Not according to Graham Clark on this forum.....??  His expectation once all the " interim requirements" were completed (including Brent paying £250,000) was late in QI

I'll let someone else find the two posts from couple weeks ago here

Fair enough, this would exaplin why the architect's are still working on the design! and also why the main contractor hasnt been appointed yet.

This is where i have never been able to get my head around the money involved here.

How Can argyle know how much this project will cost before the design phase is finished - and in turn if they have been unrealistic with the estimating, The tender process will show that no respicatble construction firm is going to take this on as there will be a risk of not making a profit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next