PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
sufferedsince 68
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 10:35 am

All the money they spend on the old FPC, I heard this morning the old one is coming down, how true it is I do not know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 am

The grandstand eaterie will go ahead quickly as it's an easy job to change spec and up costs to the club as he goes along. The real fall outs will start when Brent tries to threaten this that and the other over the ice rink if he doesn't get a better deal/ more permissions. PCC are going to regret this sliding agenda as much as Torbay did. As for the other stuff, none of it makes economic sense to me unless there is another ruse up his sleeve to increase footfall that actually makes sense to developers.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 11:04 am

I'm sure Mr Brents only motive is the good of our football club and any personal profit into his bank account is 'reluctant'
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 11:59 am

Dingle wrote:
If the GTs are building the FPC and running it, why would the profits go to PAFC?  They tried and failed to get charity status in the past, so surely they are not different from Nandos and KFC.  If they want to donate some of the profits to Argyle-related initiatives, they can - if they'd rather go on a world cruise, they can.  As Mr Brent himself said, competition is healthy - he might find these words coming back to bite him pretty soon.

The old FP of which I worked on matchdays from 1985-2001 certainly handed over all profits to PAFC hence the original question
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I'm sure Mr Brents only motive is the good of our football club and any personal profit into his bank account is 'reluctant'
Pat, prove yoom a praaper fan by buying a No Goal Nate Mug, for a bargain eighty five quid, plus seventy five quid postage and packing? jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Is this a 'match drank' mug in a deep pan frame? I might be tempted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Grandstand work starts next month and the club are moving out as we speak!!!!

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 12, 2018 7:04 am

Angry wrote:
Grandstand work starts next month and the club are moving out as we speak!!!!

Magnus used to say "I've started so I'll finish".
Brent says "I've started but you guillable janners need to understand the goalposts are being shifted and it'll look feck all like the artists impressions once its finished"

popcorn
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 am

Pig Central in response to someone on JBSOTI who made the point Cowdrey was misleading people over claims of a NEW Grandstand

"The only thing that will be left is the concrete and the metalwork, so I suppose you could say it's way, way more than a refurb"

Rest assured all of JBSOTI will be singing from the same hymn sheet claiming great new grandstand peeps before long
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Pig Central in response to someone on JBSOTI who made the point Cowdrey was misleading people over claims of a NEW Grandstand

"The only thing that will be left is the concrete and the metalwork, so I suppose you could say it's way, way more than a refurb"

Rest assured all of JBSOTI will be singing from the same hymn sheet claiming great new grandstand peeps before long
Have just made the same point on FreeChat following a Tweet from the Lord Chief Troll attacking and mocking a thread on there about Booby Reid, that was so clearly a joke and a wind up from the OP, but that the Grand Master Troll has taken as a regular post and thread on the 6000 member strong internet forum.

Also, the comment comes from someone who sits on the GAGWG representing the Green Army. Well i'm very sorry but that sad sack don't represent me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 12:34 pm

BBC1 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Have just made the same point on FreeChat following a Tweet from the Lord Chief Troll attacking and mocking a thread on there about Booby Reid, that was so clearly a joke and a wind up from the OP, but that the Grand Master Troll has taken as a regular post and thread on the 6000 member strong internet forum.

Also, the comment comes from someone who sits on the GAGWG representing the Green Army. Well i'm very sorry but that sad sack don't represent me.

nor me
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Nor me either what a tosser
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Perhaps it passes as a new build in Illogan, but here in Devon its a Mankover pure and simple! Exeter City are building a new Grandstand, Argyle are having a horrible bodge up if it ever happens at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Apparently there is an open meeting on Feb 13th regarding the new FPC. The GTs will be accepting pledges of support from interested parties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Apparently there is an open meeting on Feb 13th regarding the new FPC. The GTs will be accepting pledges of support from interested parties.
where did you hear that fella? any announcement of venue, time etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:54 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

It’s at 5.30pm before the Wimbledon game. I assume the venue is the tent. Ed Shillabear told a mutual friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 10:03 pm

nice of the GTs to let the rank and file know.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Does 'pledges of support' mean financial pledges?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:45 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

It’s at 5.30pm before the Wimbledon game. I assume the venue is the tent. Ed Shillabear told a mutual friend.
Cheers.
I'll see what I can find out from my contacts within the GT's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 am

Dingle wrote:
Does 'pledges of support' mean financial pledges?

Yes, that’s what I understand.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:58 am

alannotivvy wrote:
nice of the GTs to let the rank and file know.

Can any fan attend?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 11:55 am

Brent in the Herald said....

“Without giving too many clues away, the provision of the new retail and ticketing facilities will be at an earlier time in the build than most of the rest of it.”

Wtf is he on about, “without giving too many clues away”?

Is this whole thing a whodunnit? Why the fcuk does he feel the need not to give clues away?

Brent’s version of ‘transparency’ is quite literally the polar opposite of everyone else’s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

“Without giving too many clues away, the provision of the new retail and ticketing facilities will be at an earlier time in the build than most of the rest of it.”

Is this whole thing a whodunnit? Why the fcuk does he feel the need not to give clues away?

Brent’s version of ‘transparency’ is quite literally the polar opposite of everyone else’s.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere on the internet in the past week or so that someone said that the new ticket office and club shop were going to be pre-fabricated and put together off site and then they would be lifted into place by crane.

What ever happened to the promise of openness and transparency? popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

You beat me to it.

Can't for the life of me think why he can't just tell us what is happening.

With an article headlined "James Brent on how Plymouth Argyle plan on minimising disruption during Grandstand rebuild" I was expecting something about where the season ticket holders were going to be moved to instead of which all we get is more vague, pointless waffle.

Does that article tell us anything at all?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere on the internet in the past week or so that someone said that the new ticket office and club shop were going to be pre-fabricated and put together off site and then they would be lifted into place by crane.

What ever happened to the promise of openness and transparency? popcorn

It on the Mankover Planning application thread, posted on Monday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next