RegGreen
green_genie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Replay ticket news - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:40 pm

tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
I see there's a thread on freechat which claims that the programme sellers, turnstile operators et al who usually get in for free when their work is done are being charged £20 to watch on Wednesday.....of course, it's not about the money raised eyebrow  you couldn't make this shit up.

Golden opportunity for another porky whip around I suppose.
I understand the ushers are paid for their work and that all paid staff get into games free (ST?) So in this case, if the charging rumour is correct, they are being treated like ST holders. Sounds fair if that is the case.

Not really, unless they are asked to pay for any other match that ST holders have to pay for(cup/playoff) which I very much doubt they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 12:25 am

tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
I see there's a thread on freechat which claims that the programme sellers, turnstile operators et al who usually get in for free when their work is done are being charged £20 to watch on Wednesday.....of course, it's not about the money raised eyebrow  you couldn't make this shit up.

I understand the ushers are paid for their work and that all paid staff get into games free (ST?) So in this case, if the charging rumour is correct, they are being treated like ST holders. Sounds fair if that is the case.

If true, since when should paid workers be treated on the same basis as customers. ? I find that strange logic with nothing to do with fairness. In fact the two groups are not related to each other at all. In effect, the programme sellers would be paid less to work on Wednesday than they are on other matchdays. Weird and pennypinching when it really isn't necessary. I'm  beginning to think the squire has some sort of issue. He just can't let go of his purse, even when it's full to bursting.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:52 am

After the time was up for ST on Sunday for holding their seats, they seems to have took up their offer with only three seats which have come back to be sold, one in eack in block 2,3,10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 am

tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

So you reckon they would have been charged £20 for the Newport game in the last round then, Tone?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:49 am

beesrus wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

If true, since when should paid workers be treated on the same basis as customers. ? I find that strange logic with nothing to do with fairness. In fact the two groups are not related to each other at all. In effect, the programme sellers would be paid less to work on Wednesday than they are on other matchdays. Weird and pennypinching when it really isn't necessary. I'm  beginning to think the squire has some sort of issue. He just can't let go of his purse, even when it's full to bursting.

I'm with you here, You work a shift and get paid plus entry to the game, except for the tie with Liverpool.. how is that fair? I hope the staff buy a ticket and tell Brent to sell the programs himself.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:38 am

Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

So you reckon they would have been charged £20 for the Newport game in the last round then, Tone?
I'm sort of grouping here. ST holders pay for a ST and then pay for cup games. Employees get a ST (free with employment) and ..... pay for cup games? I do see your point though if you throw in the Newport game ... p'raps the suits could have waived it for a few hundred quid.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:56 am

tigertony wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I'm sort of grouping here. ST holders pay for a ST and then pay for cup games. Employees get a ST (free with employment) and  ..... pay for cup games? I do see your point though if you throw in the Newport game ... p'raps the suits could have waived it for a few hundred quid.

Only they didn't and it reflects badly on our majority shareholder.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:33 am

tigertony wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I'm sort of grouping here. ST holders pay for a ST and then pay for cup games. Employees get a ST (free with employment) and  ..... pay for cup games? I do see your point though if you throw in the Newport game ... p'raps the suits could have waived it for a few hundred quid.

No, you're sort of talking shit here.

You're guessing that employees get a ST and you're guessing that they have to pay for cup games.

As I replied to you further up(which you chose to ignore).....It's only fair if they are asked to pay for any other match that ST holders have to pay for(cup/playoff) which I very much doubt they are......Well, are they Tone?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Tone, Tone. They're not season ticket holders, they're employees who get a bonus which I'm sure adds to the attraction of the job, particularly for those on low incomes or who have retired. They can help the club and still watch the match. This has always been the case.

Yet, this mercenary can't help trying to squeeze this little earner. How many games have some of these people worked at watching the shit that's been served up for the past decade? The minute they get one game which makes it worthwhile and they have to pay.

Even when he's got unbudgeted income coming out of his ears he can't help himself and that's the true measure of the man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I say again, it is not the right correlation to make that programme sellers are season ticket holders, they are in effect employees first and foremost. The ST thing is a red herring. If they normally get free entry for FA Cup games, then they sure as heck should be getting free entry to just about the most prestigious FA Cup game ever to be held at Home Park. Unbelievable, that the owners should be thinking of charging them on such a matchday, even more so when the programmes are a whopping £5.
Outrageous if true, and such a telling mark of what motivates Brent, probably for all his working life and into the next one.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:17 pm

How I didn't use the T option, I must be going soft.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Changing the subject from Hilarious Tone talking shit once again. Apparently the mayflower temporary seating was supposed to have been made available at 1pm then 2pm. Then when I was able to get online the new tickets weren't on sale, can this club get anything right?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:10 pm

lol Green Jim has had a change of heart and now wants £50 a pop but that includes a half n half mug geek
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 6:29 pm

DEMAND for tickets for Argyle’s Emirates FA Cup tie against Liverpool at Home Park has shown no signs of slowing down.

Despite adding more than 1,800 extra seats by re-opening the Mayflower Terrace for Wednesday’s third-round replay against the Premier League giants, the Pilgrims are approaching sell-out for the big match.

Around 1,000 tickets, plus another 400 with a restricted view, remained to be sold when the Home Park Ticket Office closed of business on Monday night – more than 48 hours before kick-off.

With a new capacity of nearly 17,500, Wednesday is all set up to be one of the most magnificent nights in Home Park history.

The Ticket Office will re-open at 9am on Tuesday morning when supporters without a booking history, but who live in postcode areas PL, TQ, TR and EX will be eligible to buy tickets for the first time since they went on sale.

These – up to a maximum of two per person – will be available to purchase in person at the Ticket Office or over the ’phone (toll free on 01752 907700) only. They are not available online.

Tickets will also remain available to purchase for Green and White Members, and Big Green Lottery Members, who have not previously bought a ticket and/or who want to buy two additional tickets if they have not already done so.

Tickets – again up to a maximum of two – will also be sold to people who meet the club’s booking-history criteria.

To satisfy the booking-history criteria, supporters must have purchased a minimum of five different first-team games – home or away – through the Argyle Ticket Office over the past two seasons.  

Tickets for Green and White Members, Big Green Lottery Members, and people who satisfy booking-history criteria will be available on line; at the Ticket Office; and by ’phone, toll-free on 01752 907700.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:03 pm

So do we think that the current permanent Mayflower seats are the 400 restricted view seats? They must have plans to relocate those seat holders to the temporary stand I guess?

Once again, clear as mud from Argyles legendary Comms team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
So do we think that the current permanent Mayflower seats are the 400 restricted view seats? They must have plans to relocate those seat holders to the temporary stand I guess?

Once again, clear as mud from Argyles legendary Comms team.

They dont give a flying one now they have the cash and its sold out to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Never fear! Saint Newell has seen another priceless opportunity to self promote and harvest more personal details for future reference. He really does think he's part of the HP establishment doesn't he!?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Tgwu wrote:
DEMAND for tickets for Argyle’s Emirates FA Cup tie against Liverpool at Home Park has shown no signs of slowing down.

Despite adding more than 1,800 extra seats by re-opening the Mayflower Terrace for Wednesday’s third-round replay against the Premier League giants, the Pilgrims are approaching sell-out for the big match.

Around 1,000 tickets, plus another 400 with a restricted view, remained to be sold when the Home Park Ticket Office closed of business on Monday night – more than 48 hours before kick-off.

With a new capacity of nearly 17,500, Wednesday is all set up to be one of the most magnificent nights in Home Park history.

The Ticket Office will re-open at 9am on Tuesday morning when supporters without a booking history, but who live in postcode areas PL, TQ, TR and EX will be eligible to buy tickets for the first time since they went on sale.

These – up to a maximum of two per person – will be available to purchase in person at the Ticket Office or over the ’phone (toll free on 01752 907700) only. They are not available online.

Tickets will also remain available to purchase for Green and White Members, and Big Green Lottery Members, who have not previously bought a ticket and/or who want to buy two additional tickets if they have not already done so.

Tickets – again up to a maximum of two – will also be sold to people who meet the club’s booking-history criteria.

To satisfy the booking-history criteria, supporters must have purchased a minimum of five different first-team games – home or away – through the Argyle Ticket Office over the past two seasons.  

Tickets for Green and White Members, Big Green Lottery Members, and people who satisfy booking-history criteria will be available on line; at the Ticket Office; and by ’phone, toll-free on 01752 907700.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As they are now on general sale for Plymouth Post Codes, I will try my hardest to get a ticket for the match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:46 pm

I won't. I was offered a ticket from a family season ticket holder a few days ago. I turned it down as it would be rather churlish of me to pootle up to an admittedly once in a life time bit of fluff after over 3 years of boycott. One has to live with oneself.
I would have held my nose and done a Mayflower league game later in the season for old time's sake, and as an affirmation of a good effort by the club, but temporary seating means temporary, where Brent is concerned. Now you see it, now you don't. So, that won't be happening now. Not very green is it ? All that effort for a blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Tickets back online tonight for temporary seats and the lower Mayflower that are now recognised as restricted view. Not that the website tells you that. Those 400 ticket holders moved from Mayflower seats to temporary seats explain why club saying 1800 and Star 2200+.

The Tribute Lounge bheys are going to get a crap view foreshore.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:29 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Changing the subject from Hilarious Tone talking shit once again. Apparently the mayflower temporary seating was supposed to have been made available at 1pm then 2pm. Then when I was able to get online the new tickets weren't on sale, can this club get anything right?
OK OK I've read the replies and maybe my thought process was slightly wonky. I don't have hard facts about the ticket allocation or who has bought what, where and how but piecing together the jigsaw from all the sites it doesn't appear to have been handled very well. (too polite?) It seems that this evening there was a re-run of the fiasco some days back when fans were buying tickets on-line when the system wasn't supposed to be available. I hope they get it right when we are in the Prem soon Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:46 am

green_genie wrote:
Tickets back online tonight for temporary seats and the lower Mayflower that are now recognised as restricted view. Not that the website tells you that. Those 400 ticket holders moved from Mayflower seats to temporary seats explain why club saying 1800 and Star 2200+.

The Tribute Lounge bheys are going to get a crap view foreshore.

Looking at the Mayflower seating plan for Morecambe game there are not many ST holders in that area

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 9:09 am

rang at 9, it appeared i'd got through and then got cut off - as did 3 others in my office. Now cant get through because of the high call volume
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 9:38 am

tigertony wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
OK OK I've read the replies and maybe my thought process was slightly wonky. I don't have hard facts about the ticket allocation or who has bought what, where and how but piecing together the jigsaw from all the sites it doesn't appear to have been handled very well. (too polite?) It seems that this evening there was a re-run of the fiasco some days back when fans were buying tickets on-line when the system wasn't supposed to be available. I hope they get it right when we are in the Prem soon Laughing

Didn't let the 'bliddy compooter' beat you..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

Ticket sales suspended once again this morning.

An unbelievably shambolic state of affairs from start to finish.

You have to pity the poor souls who have made their way to HP this morning in a last gasp attempt to procure tickets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Replay ticket news
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next