Tgwu
RegGreen
green_genie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Replay ticket news - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 2:40 am

Assumption being the mother of all feck ups as Saddam found to his cost but surely the seats will remain for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 6:06 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Assumption being the mother of all feck ups as Saddam found to his cost but surely the seats will remain for the rest of the season

Very unlikely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 8:07 am

Read somewhere the seating is costing the equivalent of £20-22 per seat, also the club is taking a financial hit, so I suppose add the £22 to the cost of the ticket and that sounds about right, not that I know anything about it but the cost of hire sounds a bit high, maybe because it's a short term hire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 8:22 am

Don't know where you do your reading. But if true, then it would appear the club is roughly breaking even on these seats. Liverpool have waived their share of the extra seats, the FA get roughly £10-12 a seat at that price, and ginsters and St Austell are stumping up for the pasties and beer. My maths says that's a rough break even on £35 a pop. I'm sure there will have to be an extra bit of stewarding money, a bit of oil for some more turnstiles, and a safety inspection to pay for.

It's a shame the club sought to present itself as some philanthropic angel over this very profitable replay, which has soured what was otherwise a good move for once. One of the things I have most disliked about this current regime is it's portrayal, right from the outset, as being some philanthropic adventure. It's not. As Brent said himself, there's a deal to be done here. The company he and Hallett mostly own is going to profit by a good million or more this year. Not my understanding of philanthropy. Should have charged the normal rate and costed against the overall take on the match. Old habits die hard.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Not staying after the Liverpool game according to the WMN today, will be removed on Thursday and Friday.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 12:45 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
and a voucher for a pasty and a drink which can be redeemed at a future game.

The bit above makes me smile people might think you're getting a good deal but to get your free drink and pasty you have to attend another game. Which means the club wins again coz they get you to buy another ticket at full price to claim your free pasty and pint. Also a pasty and a drink probably cost the club less than £1.50.

nice bit of marketing.....

Factor in also that the pasty is a Ginsters, and the deal is even worse. I'm thinking about how much someone would have to pay me to eat a Ginsters.....a lot more than £1.50 foreshore.

If they decide to leave the seats in till the end of the season then that at last shows an inkling of foresight. I won't hold my breath though.

The pasty ain't no ginsters and the voucher for said pasty and drink is for another game so not many will be back to claim it. Clever marketing all round.

The pasties inside the ground are all Ginsters from the start of this season. Them being the sponsors etc.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Not according to Argyle

Plymouth Argyle players to be sent cupcakes instead of a giant pasty

Argyle were forced to turn down the baked delight and stay loyal to their sponsors and suppliers  pointing out that the club is sponsored by Ginsters, and sell Pilgrims Pasties in the ground.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 8:20 pm

I wonder how Liverpool fans will travel to Plymouth without tickets ?. I have read elsewhere that they do this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 8:24 pm

All club fans travel without tickets when there are not enough. I would imagine they'll come down the M5.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 8:29 pm

beesrus wrote:
All club fans travel without tickets when there are not enough. I would imagine they'll come down the M5.

The pubs in town will be busy then. I bet one or two pub owners are rubbing their hands at the thought of increased trade.

I might nip down to a town pub myself if I can't get a ticket or go down to the Embassy Club early doors and stay there.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 pm

I see a few moments ago there are two seats, one in block 3 and another in block 10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 3:43 am

Greenskin wrote:
Not staying after the Liverpool game according to the WMN today, will be removed on Thursday and Friday.

FFS you're having a Giraffe ??
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 9:48 am

Just driven past HP. Couple of Star Event articulated lorries being unloaded outside Demport.

"Don't Walk on the grass!!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:31 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

FFS you're having a Giraffe  ??
We have the possibility of another sellout against wolves and reckon a big gate against Exeter, also gunning for promotion could pack em in - wtf are these muppets playing at?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:55 am

Short termism a speciality.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:58 am

Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

We have the possibility of another sellout against wolves and reckon a big gate against Exeter, also gunning for promotion could pack em in - wtf are these muppets playing at?

And just to compound the mother of all ticketing fuckups, if they'd had an ounce of savvy they'd have tied in the Liverpool game with a necessity to buy a Stevenage ticket as part of a two game package. If they'd done that then they could have doubled the receipts they took yesterday.

You've got the ex-copper/turned Club Secretary Jon Back prancing around the Dem'port/Lyndhurst most of the game desperately trying to get noticed. FFS just try to do the job you've spent so much time licking the correct arses to get!

Back and Starnes really ought to be stood in the corner wearing big pointy Dunce Caps.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:08 am

As fully expected, brent playing it ultra cheap again. The club under brent is nothing but a pathetic joke. Amateur and clueless to the core.
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

And just to compound the mother of all ticketing fuckups, if they'd had an ounce of savvy they'd have tied in the Liverpool game with a necessity to buy a Stevenage ticket as part of a two game package. If they'd done that then they could have doubled the receipts they took yesterday.

You've got the ex-copper/turned Club Secretary Jon Back prancing around the Dem'port/Lyndhurst most of the game desperately trying to get noticed. FFS just try to do the job you've spent so much time licking the correct arses to get!

Back and Starnes really ought to be stood in the corner wearing big pointy Dunce Caps.

Its not been a good couple of weeks for Starnes. I am sure these things have been noticed in Noo Yawk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Even in light of the current insane demand for tickets the same old luddites and inbreds insist 18k capacity is perfectly adequate lol

The potential customer base for a successful football club in the Plymouth area is huge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:05 pm

If you've got a ticket for Wednesday, I'd take an extra few quid with you. I gather that the programme will be £5 - if true that's a travesty, compared to the brilliant programme at Anfield for £3.50
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:10 pm

True, Liverpool charged £3.50,

Arygle said normally the programme are £5, I think that not true

Tickets will be £35 – no concessions – and will include a free souvenir match-day programme, normally £5, and a voucher for a pasty and a drink which can be redeemed at a future game
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 2:00 pm

I see there's a thread on freechat which claims that the programme sellers, turnstile operators et al who usually get in for free when their work is done are being charged £20 to watch on Wednesday.....of course, it's not about the money raised eyebrow you couldn't make this shit up.

Golden opportunity for another porky whip around I suppose.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 2:32 pm

GreenDick25 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Its not been a good couple of weeks for Starnes. I am sure these things have been noticed in Noo Yawk.

It's been a bad time for Starnes ever since he walked through the front gate.

I suppose removing the seats was to be expected, Brent isn't going to pay any more than he has to for these things, even though it would be good for the fans and the club during the run-in.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was talked into it by Hallet anyway, It wouldn't have been something he would have thought of.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Shame that they will remove the seating after the game, it would have been nice to have left them there until the end of the season.

I see that Liverpool have waived their percentage of the match receipts apparently. Generous of them then.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I see there's a thread on freechat which claims that the programme sellers, turnstile operators et al who usually get in for free when their work is done are being charged £20 to watch on Wednesday.....of course, it's not about the money raised eyebrow  you couldn't make this shit up.

Golden opportunity for another porky whip around I suppose.
I understand the ushers are paid for their work and that all paid staff get into games free (ST?) So in this case, if the charging rumour is correct, they are being treated like ST holders. Sounds fair if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replay ticket news   Replay ticket news - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Replay ticket news
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next