Rickler
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:
What a great result. Would have settled for a point today. May not be deserved but who cares. Isn't life great. Very Happy

Out of the bottom two Very Happy Very Happy

Well done to all

No we're not

Yes, we are cheers

So what? Whoopie dooo! First time all season in this dog shit division we've out of the bottom two. This is a disgraceful poistion to be in. We WILL lose to Port Vale next week and we'll be back where we've been ALL season - propping up L2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:19 pm

[quote="Freathy"][quote="Enjoy Life"][quote="Freathy"][quote="Enjoy Life"]What a great result. Would have settled for a point today. May not be deserved but who cares. Isn't life great. Very Happy

[b]Out of the bottom two [/b] Very Happy Very Happy

Well done to all[/quote]

No we're not[/quote]

Yes, we are cheers [/quote]

So what? Whoopie dooo! First time all season in this dog shit division we've out of the bottom two. This is a disgraceful poistion to be in. We WILL lose to Port Vale next week and we'll be back where we've been ALL season - propping up L2[/quote]

Wow, predictions as well. I don't know if this site allows to look back at previous posts by a member but if it did would you by any chance have predicted a win by Crawley by any chance? If so I'll take your new prediction with a pinch of salt.

Surely we've got something to celebrate tonight?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Was gonna do a 'just back' thread, but thats far too Aviva... jocolor

We were 2nd best all over the park, but it doesn't help when we were pumping high aimless balls to our two midget strikers, while they had a back line that looked like the Harlem Globe Trotters.

Honestly thought we could have been there till next saturday and not scored, but then, praise the Lord for a man called Maxine. Very Happy

Great atmosphere for the 4 minutes injury time after we scored, but I have to say I was baffled by the dull monotone "songs" attempted by the Forza massive. It sounded like the sort of singing you'd get at a Polish 4th division game. That said, there was an improvement in atmosphere for parts of the game.

Crawley will be kicking themselves, but this is a point well and truly stolen.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Yes indeed. Do the Aviva thing and enjoy the ride. It's a lot easier than thinking.

All is well. We have the blind leading the blind throughout the footballing side of the club. And we are looking like we have a 50/50 chance of avoiding the Blue Square !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:40 pm

And don't forget, even when it comes to us being relegated we must not question Brent as certain people have met the man and his family and they are nice people!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 pm

I have to say some of you are pretty sad on here. We were bottom playing a promotion fav and loosing 1-0 nil and all a sudden its fletcher out, brent questioned. The Fact is we have got 4 points against teams around the play-offs or in the promotion places, that is very good, we are no longer in the bottom three for the first time this season other than the first game, so its not all doom a nd gloom. If and its a big if we can keep stealing points we will be ok.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Well,that was a surprise,although it did cross my mnd in the second half that Crawley could pay for not burying the game,seen it so often before.Crawley were very physical and wasted no time in imposing themselves on the game and Feeney and Lecointe in particular,thus negating any threat and emphasing the importance of bringing in at least one more heavyweight striker.Very Wimbledon/Stoke like team,loads of high balls,winning the second balls and lots of corners and free kicks,one of which they inevitably scored from just before half time.I can't honestly remember anything of note in the second half until nearly full time.Crawley seemed to be content to hold on and Argyle were utterly impotent in trying to break the pattern until the lad from Bristol City and Sutherland came on with a couple minutes to go.Lennox made a good run and set someone up [Sutherland possibly] to have a shot blocked by the keeper and earn a corner,from which Blanchard scrambled [i think,couldn't really see what happened] home the equaliser.Bonus point,no question about it but one thing that Argyle must be credited with now is the ability to fight back and draw or win late in the game,which is a complete volte face from earlier in the season.Personally i think the signing of a striker is more important than any managerial shake up-it was clear today that without Chadwick,Argyle struggle desperately to compete against big centre backs such as Crawley had.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:18 pm

125+1 wrote:
we are no longer in the bottom three for the first time this season other than the first game, so its not all doom a nd gloom.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 pm

The reality is that about two months ago we were almost stuffed, defunct, an ex-club. Now we are achieving better results and crawling out of the bottom. It may not be great football but it's beginning to be more effective. The crowds for a club at the bottom are pretty impressive. The situation certainly ain't rosy. There may be all sorts of things we would prefer to have been done differently. BUT we are looking at a good chance of league survival. If we manage that, next season is the big test!

Lots of calls for Fletcher to be sacked but a new manager doesn't always bring a change in fortunes. Sometimes the upheaval in a different regime simply brings uncertainty for the players. For all the caveats about a young, inexperienced manager, it may be the best option to stick with him. I wonder who the mentor will turn out to be - if anyone?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:44 pm

greengenes wrote:
Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I shall be there in spirit!

Damn !

Don't worry.. I won't be asking you a question, so you won't look as stupid as you do on here.

I was going to buy you a saucer of milk too ...... oh well .

Back on track...

Anyone see my saucer....

How was the Cherry Tree?
Did you all finish up huddled together jumping up and down singing rugby songs?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:
we are no longer in the bottom three for the first time this season other than the first game, so its not all doom a nd gloom.

lol!

Actually we are still in the bottom 3 - look at the table
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Freathy wrote:
Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

lol!

Actually we are still in the bottom 3 - look at the table

I actually meant bottom 2, which is all that matters

I see northampton are still pulling away after thier change of manager lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes. Shut up Sad Act. Look how far we've come ! Be eternally grateful to that nice James Brent and his lovely family [ didn't they say that about Stapes ?].

We now have board members who probably won't be expected to invest anything, the dynamic duo demanding compliance from the fans and throwing tantrums if they are questioned and the ever articulate Fletch, asking for a mentor but not getting one because everything is just fine.

Cheer up we've drawn today. Played crap but got a point. What more can you want if you're a truly parochial dimwit ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 pm

[quote="Tringreen"]Yes. Shut up Sad Act. Look how far we've come ! Be eternally grateful to that nice James Brent and his lovely family [ didn't they say that about Stapes ?].

We now have board members who probably won't be expected to invest anything, the dynamic duo demanding compliance from the fans and throwing tantrums if they are questioned and the ever articulate Fletch, asking for a mentor but not getting one because everything is just fine.

Cheer up we've drawn today. Played crap but got a point. What more can you want if you're a truly parochial dimwit ? [/quote]

er........not to be relegated.....?

what do you wish for Tring?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Yes. Shut up Sad Act. Look how far we've come ! Be eternally grateful to that nice James Brent and his lovely family [ didn't they say that about Stapes ?].

Cheer up we've drawn today. Played crap but got a point. What more can you want if you're a truly parochial dimwit ?

As ever you're absolutely right, Ginge. We shouldn't ask any more of brent and the board other than they sit in the Devonport every now and again. What more could we possibly ask of a chairman? And fletch must be given all the time in the world to learn about football management. We must understand that comes first and absolutely supercedes our football league survival.

Forza Verde! Trust in stapes brent!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Tell you what, bollocks to all you armchair plastic managers tonight. I'm happy with a point if you aren't. Any excuse to have a pop without putting your hand in your own pocket. If Man U get a goal late on in a game it's because they play for the whole match. Argyle get one and it is our own supposed supporters who are claiming it to be lucky. No luck, put the ball in the net and got a draw, end of discussion. Crawley are a good well disciplined outfit who are up the top of the league because of this. Argyle got a point out of this match against all the punditry and bookies odds. Good point and no luck involved. Happy bunny? Bet your arse I am.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I wish for the 13th largest city club in the land and its supporters, to just for once, stop behaving like dimwitted , outclassed, cap doffing, grateful to the fine gentlemen, thankful for small mercies Aviva boys.
It is cringeworthy and village, just like the thread on Pasoti begging Warnock to come, started by the usual suspects, who now won't rate him again.

We really are Hicksville. jocolor geek

We can't even do administration properly and get stitched up by anyone in a suit.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I wish for the 13th largest city club in the land and its supporters, to just for once, stop behaving like dimwitted , outclassed, cap doffing, grateful to the fine gentlemen, thankful for small mercies Aviva boys.
It is cringeworthy and village, just like the thread on Pasoti begging Warnock to come, started by the usual suspects, who now won't rate him again.

We really are Hicksville. jocolor geek

We can't even do administration properly and get stitched up by anyone in a suit.

Lucky you had an answer, eh Ginge? You might have had to say, " I have explained it literally dozens of times and its been done to death"!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: sO, WHO'S GOING ON SATURDAY   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Sensible Greeny and 125+1 and I seem to be the only ones happy with today's result. What a load of doomsayers you are. Thanks to Mr. Brent we still have a team. If we can get an hustling/bustling goalscorer we can avoid the drop.

Merv Plummer.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Big "if" though isn't it, Merv?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 pm

pafcinbrussels wrote:
Sensible Greeny and 125+1 and I seem to be the only ones happy with today's result. What a load of doomsayers you are. Thanks to Mr. Brent we still have a team. If we can get an hustling/bustling goalscorer we can avoid the drop.

Merv Plummer.

"Happy" is going too far for me but it was a good result to draw against a team with promotion credentials. If we stay up I'll be happy. (And that's a big "if", Rickler, and not sure it can be anything else). But that's another point today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 pm

So did anyone meet up then ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 am

greengenes wrote:

I was there... Thanks for the milk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:05 am

Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:

I was there... Thanks for the milk.

Where'd you leave the saucer ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:06 am

greengenes wrote:

Yes thanks.

silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, who's going on Saturday?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next