Charlie Wood
downthetrack
Rickler
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

So, who's going on Saturday? Empty
PostSubject: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 pm

And if you are, fancy a quick beer before the game perhaps?

A sort of ATD unofficial pre-match social, Freak Fest!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Name badges and T shirts?

(Well, you won't need one Cerbs, you'll be the one turning up backwards and with your hair on fire!)

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 pm

I should be going. Where are you thinking of having a drink?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm going to the game. Are avivas allowed to come for a drink too? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm tempted!

Of course ZeeZan, nobody's excluded if it's ATD related, well only maybe one or two lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
I'm going to the game. Are avivas allowed to come for a drink too? Smile

I dare you to pass the bucket around!
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:04 pm

I can't.I'm going to watch West Ham tear forest a new arse. Forest getting stuffed tonight 4-0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Haha. Honestly I would love to join you guys for a drink one day, see no reason why I wouldn't enjoy your company. Met all sorts of varied people off of pasoti, and became great friends with some. As long as it didn't turn into a major bitching session about friends of mine.
However unfortunately you won't have me amongst you this week, I'm giving out leaflets again pre match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Sorry, watching Masterchef!

Where's good for a beer? I usually park outside the ground and head to the Brit. Trouble is, there's usually a bit of a scrum in there.

Anyone any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Nobody wanted to come for a drink with me last week Crying or Very sad One of the Stoke village pubs perhaps? I'd quite like not to be drinking alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Somewhere near the ground would be good.

I don't want to be smoking around Plymuff in a Cerbera, it doesn't do traffic all that well!!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Cherry Tree isn't too bad- similar prices to the Brit and usually has a Prem/ championship game on Sky. I have parked outside the pub before (but there is parking around Pennycross/ Peverell).

Alternatively we could go to a Fansfest pig - although after the 'free' pint, the prices are on the steep side. Again I'd park around Peverell and its a 10-15min walk to Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Can't drink at the moment, but I'd be up for a refreshing fruit-based sugary drink.

Stoke Villedge pub(s) would be my preference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:53 pm

I'll obviously be there, but I can only have a coke Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Don't you mean Freak Meet! affraid

Wish I could but working all weekend. Sad

Even if I was off, the wife would have lots of jobs for me to do. Sad Sad Can't be allowed to enjoy myself!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:16 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Even if I was off, the wife would have lots of jobs for me to do. Sad Sad Can't be allowed to enjoy myself!

Not usually much different up home park mate Wink
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Pitbull wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Pitbull, I have watched Argyle play all the round the country over many years. I have always cherry picked the games I want to see (mainly ones in the south east) and ended up not seeing them win for over 3 years. I tend not to worry too much about how they play as long as they win, I'm there to support the lads. Though it is nice to be entertained.
I think the worst one I went to was Reading at their old ground of elm park and at half time singing and dancing around (don't do dancing normally as a rule for anything) because we were 0 - 3 up and cruising only to lose 4 - 3 and have a man sent off. My journey home was made worse when I met some Reading fans on the train who I knew fairly well and they took the p**s all the way!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 am

That was the game where I got back to my car to find it had been broken into and the thieves had smashed the drivers window. Great end to a great day Sad
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:40 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Pitbull, I have watched Argyle play all the round the country over many years. I have always cherry picked the games I want to see (mainly ones in the south east) and ended up not seeing them win for over 3 years. I tend not to worry too much about how they play as long as they win, I'm there to support the lads. Though it is nice to be entertained.
I think the worst one I went to was Reading at their old ground of elm park and at half time singing and dancing around (don't do dancing normally as a rule for anything) because we were 0 - 3 up and cruising only to lose 4 - 3 and have a man sent off. My journey home was made worse when I met some Reading fans on the train who I knew fairly well and they took the p**s all the way!

Agony wasn't it and we had a howling gale at our backs in the second half ! Trevor bloody Senior did the damage. I think that was the season that Reading won a record number of games from the start of the season. Think also that both clubs were promoted, Reading as champions.

Re pre match pubs, I seem to remember Punchie mentioning the Blockhouse pub in Stoke, haven't been there since1960 ! I must try to be brave and get down for a match one day but they don't come and see me when I'm bad.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 am

Tringreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Agony wasn't it and we had a howling gale at our backs in the second half ! Trevor bloody Senior did the damage. I think that was the season that Reading won a record number of games from the start of the season. Think also that both clubs were promoted, Reading as champions.

Re pre match pubs, I seem to remember Punchie mentioning the Blockhouse pub in Stoke, haven't been there since1960 ! I must try to be brave and get down for a match one day but they don't come and see me when I'm bad.

I was at the Reading game too.That last 20 minutes was uncanny,as you just knew that every time Reading attacked they were going to score.Two ex Argyle players were in Readings team,Andy Rogers [Nizzie got sent off for kicking him up in the air near the end] and Kevin Bremner.Nightmarish.

Can't make any drinking meet up,i'm afraid i have to drive 15 miles to get to Plymouth and a gve a lift to a bloke and his kid every week.I'll save it all for the ATD golf day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:42 pm

downthetrack wrote:
I can't.I'm going to watch West Ham tear forest a new arse. Forest getting stuffed tonight 4-0.

And there was me about to offer you a lift to a good game of football for a change!

So, any plans?

Cherry Tree at 1pm?

Last edited by Cerbera on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add the last bit)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Do they sell refreshing, fruit-based sugary drinks there?

How will we know each other? Do we need a password? A secret sign, maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Peggy wrote:

Wear something green?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Peggy, my bird. I'll purchase a sugary fruit based drink for you, my lover.

What flavour J2O do you want? Laughing

Umm, we could meet next to my car, if that's not being too much of a cock (me, that is)?
Do you reckon the car will be okay in the car park for the match? Is anyone in the Cherry Tree likely to get sniffy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Wear something green?

Are you going to be there? Would be very disappointed if you are not wearing all white with the white shoes and packing a '45.

Me on the other hand, typical fast car driver, short fat and balding with a (no doubt) small appendage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, who's going on Saturday?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next