Freathy
Greenskin
Rickler
Grovehill
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

so whos buying some (hallets chat) Empty
PostSubject: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 6:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

whole thing is there but i want to highlight this for now. fans to be offered shares in the club... how many will nikkkkkkkkkk buy for nool i wonder?

Quote :
There has been a lot of publicity about the relationship between owners and fans of several large clubs - most obviously at Manchester United and Arsenal. My goal has always been to have an open and transparent relationship with our fans, and I think that, generally, I have done a pretty good job with that (though I confess to getting a little waspish sometimes).

I think the club has transformed into one that is not guarded about secrets, but open with almost every aspect of our operations and relishes all opportunities for engagement.
For a couple of years, I’ve been thinking about taking that engagement to the next level and began last year thinking more seriously about making an offer of new shares to fans who wished to become shareholders.
There are many complications with doing so (notably regulatory ones) but such an offer now seems more timely than ever. We’ve yet to work out exactly how to do it, so I can’t tell you the terms on which this would be, should it prove possible.
I can tell you that they will be the same type of shares as those owned by other shareholders, including me. I can also tell you that this is not the start of a move to give fans control of the club. I’m a fan, will continue to own more than 75% of the shares, and be non-executive chairman.
I don’t know all the terms, I don’t know how many may be put up for sale and I don’t know how much they may cost! I’d like though to be better able to gauge interest so we can think more coherently about all those things.
You’ll soon be getting a survey, which will ask if you’d be interested in buying shares, and how much you’d be prepared to invest. Please respond (even if it’s to say no interest) and tell other fans about it.
Thank you more than ever for your support,
Simon
COYG

Last edited by Angry on Fri May 14, 2021 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Lots of football Clubs have numerous shareholders that own a small percentage of the shares. All that matters is who has the controlling interest-in this case SH has made it clear he will keep full control.

Thousands of people own shares in Marks & Spencers but they can't pop into a store and tell the Manager to knock 10% of the price of Y fronts.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 7:05 pm

As for the rest of his comments:

Does the much improved recruitment policy that was implemented in the January transfer window account for the lamentable results in the last quarter of the season?

Should we forget about the humiliation of a 0-6 home defeat and just remember the much more satisfying capitulation to L2 Orient in the Caribo Cup?

And what a surprise- the Club's Young Player of the Year award was won by a player from the youth policy! Who else was going to win it FFS?

I just hope the new scoreboard can update as quickly as our defence lets the goals in.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 7:39 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Lots of football Clubs have numerous shareholders that own a small percentage of the shares. All that matters is who has the controlling interest-in this case SH has made it clear he will keep full control.

Thousands of people own shares in Marks & Spencers but they can't pop into a store and tell the Manager to knock 10% of the price of Y fronts.

LOl... Gives you a chance to join that secret consortium that Hallet heads, doesn't it Grovey?

PS. Are you still sticking by that ridiculous claim?

Talk about egg on your face!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 9:16 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Does the much improved recruitment policy that was implemented in the January transfer window account for the lamentable results in the last quarter of the season?

Should we forget about the humiliation of a 0-6 home defeat and just remember the much more satisfying capitulation to L2 Orient in the Caribo Cup?

And what a surprise- the Club's Young Player of the Year award was won by a player from the youth policy! Who else was going to win it FFS?

I just hope the new scoreboard can update as quickly as our defence lets the goals in.

I suppose you could also remember the cup wins over QPR,Charlton,Huddersfield and Lincoln.Just for balance like.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I suppose you could also remember the cup wins over QPR,Charlton,Huddersfield and Lincoln.Just for balance like.

I'm not sure any of those put a first team out.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 11:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I'm not sure any of those put a first team out.  

Probably not,although i seem to remember QPR had a pretty strong team down here. Bit of a no win situation in these circumstances anyway-get through and it's because the opposition was weak,lose and the shit hits the fan big time.Argyle did the job that was required and it wasn't their problem if those clubs put out a weakened team.I'm sure that if the records were examined,there would be quite a few instances where the weaker-on-paper team got through.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 12:12 am

Cash injection from the fans cool. I wonder who we will buy with the money?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 12:20 am

Taribo West?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 5:26 am

Suspect should it be approved the take up will be quite large
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 7:23 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

I don't.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 7:24 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Cash injection from the fans cool. I wonder who we will buy with the money?

How much cash do you think will be raised?

...and there is no way that money is going to be used to buy players. But then, if you were paying attention you would surmise that.

Unless of course you're trolling?

You, nah, never...
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 8:00 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I don't.

Well I certainly do. Enormous grass root support and many that would love to genuinely say that I "own" part of my Club
No my cup of tea but plenty will
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 8:43 am

Unless they print more shares as Hallett owns 99.9%, then the 25% must come from Hallett investment The money rise would go to Hallett surely.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 9:05 am

Tgwu wrote:
Unless they print more shares as Hallett owns 99.9%, then the 25% must come from Hallett investment  The money rise would go to Hallett surely.

That's what I thought, 25% of the club is about £3m which would equal or even exceed 12 months playing budget. I wonder who we will buy with the money?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Hallett has said he will keep the controlling interest. That being the case the shares he doesn't own will have virtually no tradeable value. If someone wants to buy the Club they would need to buy Halletts's shares to get control. Once they have that they have no need to buy any more shares.

It may also be a condition of share ownership that they can only be sold with the approval of the Board (ie Hallett) This is the way most football Clubs are set up.

Unlike most PLC's with a public shareholding, it's virtually impossible to launch an aggressive (unwelcome) takeover just by buying shares on the open market.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 6:18 pm

There won’t be a huge amount of cash raised purely because there aren’t hundreds of Argyle fans willing to risk a few thousand of their hard earned £££’s. That said, there are loads of Argyle fans who would undoubtedly throw a modest three figure sum towards the club in return for shares. I would, not under any misguided delusion that I’d make money, but more of a novelty really.

At a guess I reckon a small 6 figure sum would probably be raised through this.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 8:05 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Unless they print more shares as Hallett owns 99.9%, then the 25% must come from Hallett investment  The money rise would go to Hallett surely.

What 25%? What is the relevance of the figure?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

What 25%?  What is the relevance of the figure?

SH mentions he’ll own more than 75% so some posters have assumed there’ll be 25% on sale, which I don’t think will be the case, I’m assuming it’ll depend on what value of shares are sold which would increase the value of the company in which case SH’s holding wouldn’t be 99.9% but a %age of what the new value of the company would be (I think)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySat May 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

SH mentions he’ll own more than 75% so some posters have assumed there’ll be 25% on sale, which I don’t think will be the case, I’m assuming it’ll depend on what value of shares are sold which would increase the value of the company in which case SH’s holding wouldn’t be 99.9% but a %age of what the new value of the company would be (I think)

Thank you.

How many shares do the rest of the Directors hold, anybody know?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySun May 16, 2021 1:06 am

Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

I think on this pod cast [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he said his share in Argyle is around 97%
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySun May 16, 2021 9:54 am

Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Just issuing more shares won't increase the value of the Club. Whatever anyone pays for shares, the only ones with any real value will always be Hallett's as that's the controlling share.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySun May 16, 2021 9:56 am

Do Hallett and the other Board members own a Holding Company that owns the Club?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySun May 16, 2021 10:04 am

Tgwu wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

I think on this pod cast [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he said his share in Argyle is around  97%

25% was a ball park figure arrived at by SH stating he will still have a 75% stake, as TGWU says Hallett owns 97% so shareholders have 3%. I think the bit Rickler missed is that this is an offering of "new shares" so we can safely assume at Hallett is offering up approximately 22% of the total shares to fans.
Argyle shares could actually be a good investment if we managed to get to the CCC and become established for a season then they could be worth way more than you paid for them.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:41 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

I think on this pod cast [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he said his share in Argyle is around  97%

25% was a ball park figure arrived at by SH stating he will still have a 75% stake, as TGWU says Hallett owns 97% so shareholders have 3%. I think the bit Rickler missed is that this is an offering of "new shares" so we can safely assume at Hallett is offering up approximately 22% of the total shares to fans.
Argyle shares could actually be a good investment if we managed to get to the CCC and become established for a season then they could be worth way more than you paid for them.  

Shares will only ever be worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Even if Argyle got to the PL, anyone buying the Club would just want Hallett's shares as that would be enough to control the Club. they would have no interest in buying anyone else's shares. And in the unlikely event that the Club looked like it might make a profit, the owner would just pay himself a salary so that the rest of the shares wouldn't even get a dividend.

SH saying fans can buy a few shares doesn't mean the Director's Box will need extending.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so whos buying some (hallets chat)   so whos buying some (hallets chat) Empty

Back to top Go down

so whos buying some (hallets chat)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next