Rickler
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:07 am

greengenes wrote:
Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:
So did anyone meet up then ?

I was there... Thanks for the milk.

Where'd you leave the saucer ?

Right where you left it. It must have got 'spirited' away...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:10 am

Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:
So did anyone meet up then ?

I was there... Thanks for the milk.

Where'd you leave the saucer ?

Right where you left it. It must have got 'spirited' away...

That was my grannies saucer oh well .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 am

Meanwhile,

Yes we did have the 'Freak Meet'.

Things we discovered:

The Cherry Tree has a poor selection of real ale.

Peggy has done something dodgy in a Swedish Castle's Cellar

Charlie is a serial absorber

Joe finds Pepsi a severe diuretic

I discovered Charlie is able to put a hex on my car simply by talking about it - I will park at the top of the car park next time! Thanks mate, hope the back didn't suffer and the beers are on me next time.

It also turned out that Joe is still a lucky mascot and I will take a point against a top three team in this league any day of the week. That point might make all the difference come May. Realistically though, we are still dire, but defence has tightened up somewhat. We need a big tall bruiser of a striker - Akinfenwa type would do and we need Chadders to stay fit.

I view yesterday as a point gained, we are out of the relegation places at last, we might drop back in next week, but the Daggers face in form Chipnickers on Tuesday at the seaside and we are not five points adrift as we were three months ago - which if replicated would see us safe in League 2 which is all I want this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:42 am

I was hoping to make it but the man flu recurred, I will catch up another time.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:49 am

pafcinbrussels wrote:
Sensible Greeny and 125+1 and I seem to be the only ones happy with today's result. What a load of doomsayers you are. Thanks to Mr. Brent we still have a team. If we can get an hustling/bustling goalscorer we can avoid the drop.

Merv Plummer.

Brent, who you are so keen in thanking, has already trotted out his excuses (through his stooges) why he can't/won't spend this transfer window. So a goalscorer arriving to save us from non-league oblivion doesn't look very likely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:41 am

Cerbera wrote:
Meanwhile,

Yes we did have the 'Freak Meet'.

Things we discovered:

The Cherry Tree has a poor selection of real ale.

Peggy has done something dodgy in a Swedish Castle's Cellar

Charlie is a serial absorber

Joe finds Pepsi a severe diuretic

I discovered Charlie is able to put a hex on my car simply by talking about it - I will park at the top of the car park next time! Thanks mate, hope the back didn't suffer and the beers are on me next time.

It also turned out that Joe is still a lucky mascot and I will take a point against a top three team in this league any day of the week. That point might make all the difference come May. Realistically though, we are still dire, but defence has tightened up somewhat. We need a big tall bruiser of a striker - Akinfenwa type would do and we need Chadders to stay fit.

I view yesterday as a point gained, we are out of the relegation places at last, we might drop back in next week, but the Daggers face in form Chipnickers on Tuesday at the seaside and we are not five points adrift as we were three months ago - which if replicated would see us safe in League 2 which is all I want this season.

Dungeon. It was a dungeon.

I also learned that, by the time you get to your NINTH match, going to football is no longer exciting.

Ivor Dewdney's pasties are always exciting, though.

From what I managed to see of the match, we were generally poor and they were generally big bullies. Then Wotton and Purse had a cuddle with everybody and finally something changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 am

I didn't get a cuddle!

Were you blanketed by the flag then? I liked you piece in the programme, very good.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Cerbera wrote:
I didn't get a cuddle!

Were you blanketed by the flag then? I liked you piece in the programme, very good.

Any chance we freaks n exiles could see it Peggy ?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:04 pm

I suppose that in the context of this season a point at home against a team in the top three is something to be grateful, and quite frankly, one that I didn't expect.

In the wider context however, how sad is it that we are pleased to get a point against a team that 4 years ago no-one had heard of, and that point had taken us out of the bottom two of the entire football league.

Look how far we went. We have fallen a lot further.

Still, we have a big flag. So that's good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:11 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I suppose that in the context of this season a point at home against a team in the top three is something to be grateful, and quite frankly, one that I didn't expect.

In the wider context however, how sad is it that we are pleased to get a point against a team that 4 years ago no-one had heard of, and that point had taken us out of the bottom two of the entire football league.

Less of this defeatist talk!

So very true though. To be fair though, Crawley have bought their way to where they are. Sustaining it might be something different. Rushden and Diamonds anyone? Truro City?

We have survived from oblivion and for that I am truly grateful to all involved, but we are still struggling and relegation would surely spell final disaster for PAFC. It is a very different PAFC we have now, a big ground with a small club and a core fan base with big ideas and expectations. The realists amongst us know there is no money, will be no money and a few years of league 2 mid table mediocrity beckons. If we ever manage to attract or find any half decent players, we will sell them for the much needed money. We have to face facts that we will be a selling club for a good few years to come.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:14 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

It's like the blind leading the blind these days up at Home Park.

How far we have fallen.

You only have to look at the matchday photos on GOS to see that it's the younger men that are missing. You won't get them back with a flag and Dave Banana !

Our new leaders seem content with eternal mediocrity as long as they're seen to be leading the charge.

Pathetic, parochial and piss poor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Freathy wrote:
pafcinbrussels wrote:
Sensible Greeny and 125+1 and I seem to be the only ones happy with today's result. What a load of doomsayers you are. Thanks to Mr. Brent we still have a team. If we can get an hustling/bustling goalscorer we can avoid the drop.

Merv Plummer.

Brent, who you are so keen in thanking, has already trotted out his excuses (through his stooges) why he can't/won't spend this transfer window. So a goalscorer arriving to save us from non-league oblivion doesn't look very likely.

You may be surprised .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:
pafcinbrussels wrote:

Merv Plummer.

You may be surprised .

Oh the old Pasoti, I know something you don't line. Are you Ponty in disguise ?

Actions speak louder than words.

If Brent is true to his word, he will provide sufficient investment to kickstart the club and give it every chance of getting on a roll again. We all know that Argyle is a big enough club in waiting, to motor back through the leagues but first we need to stay in the league and find another Sturrock type to manage the football.

Give the people a reason to come and they will come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:
pafcinbrussels wrote:

Merv Plummer.

You may be surprised .

And then again we might not.

Rolling Eyes

You know no more than the rest of us and it's all speculation. Stop trying the 'I know something you don't' cleverness. It might work over on the farm, but not here. If you know something, spill........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
I didn't get a cuddle!

Any chance we freaks n exiles could see it Peggy ?

Cerbs - no, just had my view blocked by yoof jumping around and that. And thanks!

Tring - I think there's some pictures of the maHUsive flag on Greens on Screen Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Think he meant your piece in the programme Peggy!

I may be wrong.................
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:49 pm

If we do survive in the league, it will be interesting to see what happens next year. Will Brent he happy to continue with Fletcher, will he make some money available to strengthen in the summer, will he be happy with bumping along the bottom for a couple of years, until he gets his hotel?

I would hope not. With Peter Jones on the board, there will be a voice in his ear with the experience on how to move the club forward. I hope Brent listens to him. I guess we'll get a better idea of Brent's intentions - is he just another property developer with an eye to the profit, or is he committed to moving the club back up through the leagues.

Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Cerbera wrote:

You are correct dear boy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

You are correct dear boy

I thought that, too Cool

To be honest, I don't know if I've got the copyright on it. Think you can have programmes shipped to you, though.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Cerbs has a photo of us freaks somewhere. As long as his camera worked better than his car that is lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Peggy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

You are correct dear boy

I thought that, too Cool

To be honest, I don't know if I've got the copyright on it. Think you can have programmes shipped to you, though.

Which brings up something I have often thought about?

Why isn't the programme available for a quid online 24hrs after the match has ended?

If you could get 500 downloads a week, it's 26k a year for the staff fund!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Rickler wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

You are correct dear boy

I thought that, too Cool

Which brings up something I have often thought about?

Why isn't the programme available for a quid online 24hrs after the match has ended?

If you could get 500 downloads a week, it's 26k a year for the staff fund!

So cut the crappy and approach the Club tis a good idea .
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:56 pm

You're right....

Anyone got Mr. Brent's email address?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 am

Send the idea on to Webby, I am sure you would get full credit and it would help to strengthen the bridges that have been built between here and the farm. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am

Good idea, Rickler. I've no idea if it would work - I think the pages are laid out by the printer, so they might not be accessible or in the right format to go on the internet - but it's certainly worth raising.

The person in charge of the programme is Rick Cowdery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, who's going on Saturday?   So, who's going on Saturday? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, who's going on Saturday?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5