Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present

Go down 
+22
argyl3
AstiSpumante
akagreengull
Tgwu
MikeWN
RegGreen
nzgreen
GreenSam
Lord Tisdale
Elias
sufferedsince 68
tbc
ConDeLaCreme
Dick Trickle
Chemical Ali
Charlie Wood
harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
Sir Francis Drake
Lord Melbury
Freathy
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:32 am

Thankfully I was away for our latest home defeat but unless we do something about that situation very soon I'll have to say no. Playoffs and miss out again. No
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:21 pm

If we don't I'm sure the Teflon team will ensure Derek Adams is blamed and not the board.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:30 pm

No, having seen every team in this league id say Oxford, Northampton, Pompy and Accy will make up the top 4, if rovers pull there finger out then add them into the mix
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:16 am

Motorservices wrote:
No, having seen every team in this league id say Oxford, Northampton, Pompy and Accy will make up the top 4, if rovers pull there finger out then add them into the mix

As much as we want to - we cannot possibly argue with that

We'll be in this dog shit division as long as brent remains.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:51 am

Freathy wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

As much as we want to - we cannot possibly argue with that

We'll be in this dog shit division as long as brent remains.
At least when we finish eighth, we will be spared the embarressment of being knocked out of the playoffs by Exeter or Wycombe.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 5:32 pm

I think after today that Northampton Town will be champions. Argyle need to remain in second spot from now until May, no easy task.

Pompey losing this afternoon was good, as Accy too.

I can see the fight for second and third place going right down to the wire .
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 6:59 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I think after today that Northampton Town will be champions. Argyle need to remain in second spot from now until May, no easy task.

Oxford and most other teams have games in hand, i think the top three will be out of your sights with 3 games to go, ok Rovers are 9 or 10 behind but from them to 13th is 7 pts, thats nothing if you lose a few
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Motorservices wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Oxford and most other teams have games in hand, i think the top three will be out of your sights with 3 games to go, ok Rovers are 9 or 10 behind but from them to 13th is 7 pts, thats nothing if you lose a few

A case of heart ruling head if ever there was one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Can't believe the negativity. I know some of it is tongue in cheek but look at the table. Forget Northampton, the only thing that matters is the gap to 4th and it's 9 points, level on games with most behind us, plus Pompey and Stanley both lost today.

We are sitting pretty and everyone here would say the same if it wasn't Argyle but another side in our position and at this stage.

Granted, we can still feck it up but I just don't see it. We'd have to lose 3 or 4 in a row and another team win the same to overtake us. I don't see us going on a terrible run - where's the indication for it so far this season? Even if we do, who is going to pick up the opportunity? Rovers? We more than matched them on their own patch; no great shakes. Portsmouth? 7th and going backwards at the moment.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Motorservices wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

And those other teams have got to win those games in hand though (Oxford 2, Pompey 1, Accy 3) which is not nailed on.

Pompey seem to be in rut, Oxford, the gas and Mansfield seem well placed at present, Leyton and Accy seem to be so-so, while Cambridge and Wycombe could be seen as outsiders.

It will probably be between Argyle, Oxford, the gas, Mansfield and Pompey for the two other promotion spots. Leyton and Accy will fight for the Play-Offs.

A better picture will emerge after 36/40 games are played.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Can't believe the negativity. I know some of it is tongue in cheek but look at the table. Forget Northampton, the only thing that matters is the gap to 4th and it's 9 points, level on games with most behind us, plus Pompey and Stanley both lost today.

We are sitting pretty and everyone here would say the same if it wasn't Argyle but another side in our position and at this stage.

Granted, we can still feck it up but I just don't see it. We'd have to lose 3 or 4 in a row and another team win the same to overtake us. I don't see us going on a terrible run - where's the indication for it so far this season? Even if we do, who is going to pick up the opportunity? Rovers? We more than matched them on their own patch; no great shakes. Portsmouth? 7th and going backwards at the moment.

until 3 weeks ago you were top (5pts clear at one point) home form is awful and you are weaker since the transfer window closed, most clubs in the top 10 have game(s) in hand, peaked to soon springs to mind

As for teams going on a run, why not? lots of teams do it, ecfc went 5 games and collected 1 point, then 4 games and collected 10, its the league we are in
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:43 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

And those other teams have got to win those games in hand though (Oxford 2, Pompey 1, Accy 3) which is not nailed on.

Pompey seem to be in rut, Oxford, the gas and Mansfield seem well placed at present, Leyton and Accy seem to be so-so, while Cambridge and Wycombe could be seen as outsiders.

A better picture will emerge after 36/40 games are played.

Oh agreed, but on the same count 4 weeks ago i genuinely thought you lot would walk the league, when you lost to Northampton i thought it was a blip, but they are pulling away

Ofcourse they have to win them, and having points on the bpoard is better than games in hand, the problem is, if Oxford and Accy somehow win (Oxford might cant see accy doing it) then all of a sudden there are 4 teams going for 3 places 16 games left, no one has won anything yet
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:48 pm

There's still a long way to go. Any of the top 8 could go on a run similar to N'tons 11 wins in their last 12, and cement an auto spot. Mansfield have sneaked up quietly to 5th place now. It's all about who out of those top 8 can hit a purple patch.

To state the obvious, Argyles home form is alarming. It isn't just the results. The performances have, by and large, been nowhere near the level associated with a team looking to win the league. We can't continue to depend on grinding out away wins. The home form has to improve or it could cost us. We've slipped from having a five point lead, to being five points behind with teams around us having games in hand.

The positive is that we didn't lose any key players in January. But that is tempered by the fact that a lot of our rivals strengthened their squads significantly.

And of course, this is Argyle. Screwing things up more often than not is in the DNA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Ignoring all the usual bollox from our excretian friends and keeping yo the OP, I think yes
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Graiser wrote:
Ignoring all the usual bollox from our excretian friends and keeping yo the OP, I think yes

Whos forum you spend a lot of time on and post a lot on............ pot, Kettle, Black springs to mind

No like i said (just to keep the thread on track)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:30 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Whos forum you spend a lot of time on and post a lot on............ pot, Kettle, Black springs to mind

No like i said (just to keep the thread on track)

Motor if you poked your nose on exweb you'd notice I haven't posted on there for months, do your research old pal.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:03 pm

Graiser wrote:

Lasted all of a fecking week.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:09 am

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Lasted all of a fecking week.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

all the time he bites......... Basketball

anyway, most of you lot are alright, a few dicks in the mix but then every club has its share of them....tosspotty is full of them cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Lot of weight on the shoulders of Carey and Jervis to raise their game and find their earlier season form,if they do well be fine if not playoffs and failiure. Two or three wins on the bounce now and well cruise, lose the next here and were fecked.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Yes, any other club and I would say they're sitting pretty. But thanks to our owner Argo is a complete basket case club with a paper thin squad which is easily and very severely affected by an injury or a loan recall. Our position looks VERY vunerable indeed. I think we'll make the nightmare of the play-offs but we should forget the autos.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 am

I can see Carlisle being involved in the death, just a shame that Pompey and Accy let it slip a tad over the week end.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
I can see Carlisle being involved in the death, just a shame that Pompey and Accy let it slip a tad over the week end.

Pompey were the favourites (again) for the League Two champions spot, not looking so good at the moment. Having said that, I well remember the '82-'83 season when they went on an incredible run and won the Division Three title, trashing Plymouth on the last day of that season with their impressive away support (I am in that now famous photo that pops up every now and again, the one with the deckchair being thrown, I was 18 at the time).

They could do that sort of run again of course, but they could also fancy a trip to Wembley for a Play-Off final, a nice day out in the smoke for them and their fans.

Carlisle could creep in there I agree.

At the start of this season I said I thought Argyle would finish in a Play-Off spot, so I am still pleased that they are second at the moment and have been in the top three for the majority of the season.

I agree with comments regarding Jervis and Carey who must find that early doors form. If Argyle can go on a run themselves, then promotion could be achieved.

As has been stated, there is a lot of football to be played yet.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Nailed on - yes - in top 3 with a few games to spare. Even the departed Cox said ''Argyle are 100% going up''
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Given the current gap between us and the 4th place team, realistically it would take a cock-up of monumental proportions for us not to go up.

So that'll be the play offs then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 9:18 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Given the current gap between us and the 4th place team, realistically it would take a cock-up of monumental proportions for us not to go up.

So that'll be the play offs then. Very Happy

Yep, keep an eye on that fourth spot, watch it get ever closer, you've been lucky that the wheels have come off Pompey, Accy and Carlisle at the same time as they came off you, true enough it is yours to lose, but that would at least be summat you are pretty good at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next