The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle promotion party

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle promotion party Empty
PostSubject: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:37 pm

MARTYN STARNES: Plans underway for a huge Argyle promotion party!

IT'S BEEN a long and difficult road back but we've done it!! We're going up to League One next season.

Derek Adams, his coaching staff and of course the players have worked tremendously hard to achieve the objective of promotion this season.

The game and the point gained at Portsmouth on Good Friday, with the fabulous support of the Green Army, provided us with a wonderful opportunity to confirm promotion in front of our own fans on Monday.

Nearly 14,000 arrived at Home Park in the hope and, dare I say, the expectation of a celebration. The team didn't disappoint.

Although Newport arrived needing the points to improve their chances of relegation and made it difficult for us in the early stages, the Argyle players were just too good for the visitors.

After Matt Kennedy scored the opening goal we witnessed a magnificent display of exciting and entertaining football with some quality finishing.

It's a performance that I'm sure will live forever in the memory of the Argyle fans that were present at the game.

Of course, we're not finished yet. Doncaster's defeat against Blackpool on Monday reopened the possibility of a chase for the League Two title.

While we have a difficult trip to Colchester this weekend, the current league leaders visit Wycombe and then host Exeter City in their final game of the season.

Neither game will be easy for Doncaster to gain maximum points. We certainly have a chance for top spot which would be a fantastic way to end the season.

Whether we are able to secure the League Two title or not plans are now underway for a civic reception and a promotion party. Full details will be announced as soon as we have them.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 pm

jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 pm

it promises to be an aviva wet dream
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 4:55 am

Kin hell. Starnes is still alive then!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 am

I wonder how much Brent will change the players for the party tickets sarcasm  remember Dan and the holiday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 am

So, after a season of awful defensive rubbish, suddenly he makes a moral out of entertaining and exciting football. Rewriting history a speciality.
There will be a lot of Argyle fans out there can only wish we played the game as Doncaster do.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 am

A huge aviva jizzfest for getting into the dizzy heights of league 1, feck me what would the celebrations be if we got back into the Championship.
laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 am

I can't believe some people on JL's Free Chat want a open-top bus parade!

For the love of Aviva's. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 am

beesrus wrote:
So, after a season of awful defensive rubbish, suddenly he makes a moral out of entertaining and exciting football. Rewriting history a speciality.
There will be a lot of Argyle fans out there can only wish we played the game as Doncaster do.

Never mind how Doncaster have an owner that backs the manager with a budget we can only dream of.

I'd also point out that we are the 3rd highest scorers in the division, behind Doncaster and Portsmouth, the clubs currently 1st and 3rd in the Division. So much for "awful defensive rubbish" lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 am

Only repeating what my long suffering season ticket holding friends and family tell me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle promotion party   Argyle promotion party Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle promotion party
Page 1 of 1