Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present

Go down 
+22
argyl3
AstiSpumante
akagreengull
Tgwu
MikeWN
RegGreen
nzgreen
GreenSam
Lord Tisdale
Elias
sufferedsince 68
tbc
ConDeLaCreme
Dick Trickle
Chemical Ali
Charlie Wood
harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
Sir Francis Drake
Lord Melbury
Freathy
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:58 pm

i was chuckling a little
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Pompey conceded 95th minute equaliser.

A frigging nightmare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:26 pm

....remain 11 points behind us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:19 am

Lol at least this league is really, really shite, I mean properly shite, even at our threadbare austerity hit worst we are still ahead of Pompey and City, unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 2:21 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Lol at least this league is really, really shite, I mean properly shite, even at our threadbare austerity hit worst we are still ahead of Pompey and City, unbelievable.
But that's because we've made the best of of our austerity due to having a good manager, not cause the austerity has made us shit. Never mind Pompey and City, we're ahead of 22 sides.

Fwiw- Yes. Not enough to be absolutely certain but I think so yes.

The home form isn't befitting of a promotion side (though it's still the 4th/5th best in the league) but the away form is absolutely spectacular and befitting of a title side. They cancel eachother out to make promotion side. As for whether the away form won't continue, maybe the home form won't either. I'm basing it on what I see and so far that's an excellent side on road and a fairly good one at home.

The lack of squad backing is a worry yes- but Adams has made a blockbuster production off of a modest budget so far, so I still think he can continue to do so. I think having Boateng back in the nearish future (which I still think will happen, putting my neck on the line) will help.

I think we'll finish 2nd, if pushed.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:43 am

Christ bhey ! A green sam post of less than 8,478,693 words.....
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:32 am

On the pre season prediction thread I guessed we'd finish 3Rd. I'm sticking with that.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:45 am

Got a bad feeling were gunna drop out the 3rd spot into the play offs but not go up but hope iam wrong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:59 am

I've never known a potential promotion Argyle team be so brittle and downright poor on occasion.
What appeared nailed on is beginning to look decidedly dodgy. Should just scrape it.
Going up or staying down is just a symptom of what team is being built, and this hopeless division should never be a problem for Argyle. It feels there are some decent individuals at last, along with a good manager, but it doesn't feel a team is being built for the future. Adams obviously wants to build, but it just isn't happening. This loan thing has got to stop and the club HAS to offer longer contracts. Loyalty and desire are a two way street. The club has the all the feel of an employment agency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:07 am

Lord Biro wrote:
I've never known a potential promotion Argyle team be so brittle and downright poor on occasion.
What appeared nailed on is beginning to look decidedly dodgy. Should just scrape it.
Going up or staying down is just a symptom of what team is being built, and this hopeless division should never be a problem for Argyle. It feels there are some decent individuals at last, along with a good manager, but it doesn't feel a team is being built for the future. Adams obviously wants to build, but it just isn't happening. This loan thing has got to stop and the club HAS to offer longer contracts. Loyalty and desire are a two way street. The club has the all the feel of an employment agency.

Right, agreed - in an ideal world....but the loan system and short term contract thing is just part of life in the lower divisions.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:42 am

Yes - just.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:01 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Right, agreed - in an ideal world....but the loan system and short term contract thing is just part of life in the lower divisions.

I firmly agree with Lord Biro and firmly disagree with you one this. We have been led to believe by the usual suspects and jam boys that for league 2 you need league 2 players, that's fine if want to be a league 2 team. A successful team needs to be made up of players who can happily play in the league above as in our successful Luggy team. How many in that team were loanees? I honestly can't remember but I'd place a hefty wager we owned nearly all of them.
If and when we get promoted we want to kick on not rebuild, stagnate and feck about until Adams gets bored with it and goes up the road.
I wish everybody would stop apologising for Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:15 am

No.
Back to top Go down
tbc

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:29 am

no Angry, not a sleeper activated - a disappointing, but not surprising comment - nice to see you make new posters feel welcome!

A fan of 30+ years who happened to find PASOTI first. Have been wondering how my first post would be received, thought I'd make it a simple one, cos hey, I had to start somewhere.

This is an interesting place, with some interesting 'supporters', but my thoughts and opinions are my own. 'The scandal so far' was an interesting read and explains some people's attitudes, but being a member on PASOTI and posting now and again is as much as I am affiliated with the site and its owners (much like this site)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:36 am

Welcome to ATD tbc.

Dont worry about Angry, he's just a freaky weirdo like the rest of us on here..apparently
Back to top Go down
tbc

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Thank you very much, looking forward to popping up now and again
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Yes, welcome tbc, enjoy the ride and do not take some poster to heart.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:20 pm

I assume Adams has loan targets lined up for when the market opens next week ?.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:40 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
i assume he has but weather brent pulls up for em is another thing..i wouldnt hold your breath on that one village
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:55 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

i dont think he'll bring in more than one hopefully a central midfielder, we can only have 5 loanees in any match eam squad so i cant imagine he'll bring in more than 1 for that reason.

its going to be interesting next season with brent and signings now this cheap cop out system of emergency loans is going.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

i dont think he'll bring in more than one hopefully a central midfielder, we can only have 5 loanees in any match eam squad so i cant imagine he'll bring in more than 1 for that reason.

its going to be interesting next season with brent and signings now this cheap cop out system of emergency loans is going.
will be intresting angers 3 or 6mouths or the whole season none of these 1 or 2month cheap loans no more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 4:21 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

will be intresting angers 3 or 6mouths or the whole season none of these 1 or 2month cheap loans no more

exactly so he is going to have to cough up more funds so Del Bhey can have squad big enouogh to cope with suspensions,injuries and loss of form.

Cant see him doing that in truth.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Once we come back from Yovo, having been beaten by the shit ref cheating players crap pitch nasty manager heat stroke etc etc.... a lot of the undecided will have decided.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:32 pm

The pitch argument is the worst, I'm not saying its good that the state of the art not paid for surface is acceptable but it's not a valid argument for us losing matches at home.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:30 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Once we come back from Yovo, having been beaten by the shit ref cheating players crap pitch nasty manager heat stroke etc etc.... a lot of the undecided will have decided.

Alternatively we may WIN.
cheers Basketball Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next