The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle Promotion Odds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle Promotion Odds Empty
PostSubject: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Argyle Promotion Odds
Plymouth Argyle are joint-sixth favourites to win promotion from League Two according to the latest odds from the bookmakers.

The bookies have released the title odds for League Two with Argyle placed at 16-1 to win outright promotion.
The odds will surely change over the summer as teams make new signings but it's still surprising to see the Pilgrims' ranked so low.

Rotherham are the favourites to win League Two followed by big-spending league newcomers Fleetwood.
Betting odds for play-off places are not yet available.

Full odds to win League Two from Skybet:

Rotherham 3-1.
Fleetwood 8-1.
Chesterfield 9-1.
Bristol Rovers 12-1.
Oxford 14-1.
Argyle 16-1.
Wycombe 16-1.
Northampton 16-1.
Southend 16-1.
Exeter 20-1.
Torquay 20-1.
Rochdale 20-1.
Bradford 20-1.
Gillingham 20-1.
Cheltenham 20-1.
York 25-1.
Aldershot 33-1.
Port Vale 33-1.
Burton 40-1.
Dagenham 40-1.
AFC Wimbledon 40-1.
Morcambe 50-1.
Accrington 66-1.
Barnet 80-1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:50 pm

There are much better odds available. 25-1 with Betfred for instance. A quarter of the odds eachway for a top 3 finish.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Obviously when use up all of our "competetive budget" on players who play stylish football, these odds will tumble Razz

I don't understand why Rotherham are such short odds. I know they have a new manager and stadium but the 7-2 best price is ridiculous. Anyone backing Argyle should do them each-way, which might not be a bad bet with another 3 or 4 close season signings.

I think Bristol Rovers will do well, and at 14-1 look worth a bet, but Cheltenham at 25-1, the same price as us, is a standout on this seasons form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:55 pm

I fancy Bristol Rovers strongly and I think McGhee has inherited a good squad that under performed for Paul Buckle. Rotherham will be up there as well a new stadium, decent budget and a manager who for all his personal faults has a good record at our level.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:22 am

I think even at just over 6/1 for a top 3 finish, that isn't great value.

Realistically at this point, with the squad we have, a top ten finish would be an achievement.

Not sure what signings Rotherham have made or are planning, but they were around 6/1 to win the league in mid-May, so a few people must have backed them quite heavily to come in to 7/2.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:16 pm

16/1 looks like a good bet to me. Especially when you compare to the odds being offered for England to win Euro 2012 (also 16/1).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Chesterfield
Rotherham
Wycombe

There's your top 3

Oxford
Bristol Rovers
Fleetwood
Gillingham

There's your play off places

Barnet
Exeter City

There's your bottom 2

<taps nose thingy>
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:42 pm

I can't understand the Optimism? We have a decent defence, but our attacking options (currently) are woeful. I see on a Vital poll 50% think we will get in the playoffs affraid

Cole seems to have fitness/ injury issues - is Chenoweth a suitable replacement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 pm

I would think that Nick Chadwick's fitness/injuries would be of a greater concern than Jake Cole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I can't understand the Optimism? We have a decent defence, but our attacking options (currently) are woeful. I see on a Vital poll 50% think we will get in the playoffs affraid

Cole seems to have fitness/ injury issues - is Chenoweth a suitable replacement?

No, we need a new keeper on loan. If Cole get's injured for longer than a game, Chenoweth will not be good enough to fill in.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Block3Green wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

No, we need a new keeper on loan. If Cole get's injured for longer than a game, Chenoweth will not be good enough to fill in.

I hear Krysiak likes Kernow Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Promotion Odds   Argyle Promotion Odds Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Promotion Odds
Page 1 of 1