Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present

Go down 
+22
argyl3
AstiSpumante
akagreengull
Tgwu
MikeWN
RegGreen
nzgreen
GreenSam
Lord Tisdale
Elias
sufferedsince 68
tbc
ConDeLaCreme
Dick Trickle
Chemical Ali
Charlie Wood
harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
Sir Francis Drake
Lord Melbury
Freathy
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present Empty
PostSubject: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:50 am

With 17 games left of the season, will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May.

Yes, no or undecided at present.

My answer - undecided at present.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:06 am

No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:47 am

yes.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 am

No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:04 am

YES
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:15 am

Yes.

Although I'm not so sure that we are going up as feckin champions anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:26 am

Definitely. Maybe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:44 am

NO
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 am

Yes we will but will be extremely tight come end of season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:35 am

Feckin tough one, will we scrape third? Depends on the emergency business done if we don't strengthen then it's playoffs for us which I can see us losing, not enough info at present so I'm sitting on the fence.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am

If I'm to believe the evidence of my own eyes in the 4 or 5 games I've seen I'd have to say NO.

But there must be more to this team than that, obviously, and the away form is keeping us up there so on that basis I can say YES but only through the play off route, I fear.

Very Happy Undecided it is then
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:41 am

I'm undecided also.

Our home form is poor and we've arguably weakened the squad over January. The other 3 have strengthened and I can't see Pompey losing many games from now until end of season.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:39 am

I think we'll miss out and my mind has changed on this in recent weeks for the following reasons:

1. Our rivals have strengthened in comparison to ourselves
2. How long can you rely on away form alone?
3. The theory that "biters, scratchers and purveyors of the dark arts" have our number
4. Reliance on a small squad is not necessarily a bad thing however a poor run of form in April could be critical
5. The club has only known failure for a number of years and do we have what it takes as a club and as a support base to handle "squeaky bum time"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:46 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I think we'll miss out and my mind has changed on this in recent weeks for the following reasons:

3. The theory that "biters, scratchers and purveyors of the dark arts" have our number
4. Reliance on a small squad is not necessarily a bad thing however a poor run of form in April could be critical
5. The club has only known failure for a number of years and do we have what it takes as a club and as a support base to handle "squeaky bum time"

I'm holding you to that, player, as you said 'still going up' only at the weekend!

I still think we'll make it but in 3rd place. Home form is a worry but there is nothing which dictates you can't win away more than you do at home. If we do fall into the play-offs, I can't see us winning them.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:53 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

I'm holding you to that, player, as you said 'still going up' only at the weekend!

I still think we'll make it but in 3rd place. Home form is a worry but there is nothing which dictates you can't win away more than you do at home. If we do fall into the play-offs, I can't see us winning them.

Ha ha! I did say I had changed my mind.... Very Happy

Underwhelmed with the transfer window as it stands and momentum is so important in sport. We are firmly looking over our shoulders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Ha ha! I did say I had changed my mind.... Very Happy

Underwhelmed with the transfer window as it stands and momentum is so important in sport. We are firmly looking over our shoulders.

I'm watching you, Janner!!

I know where you're coming from but I'm not there yet with twitchy shoulders. The gap still looks healthy to 4th/5th/6th (despite games in hand) but I'll feel less confident if we don't take at least 8 from 12 in February. If we do, I just think games are going to run out for the other teams.

We can afford to pretty much lose half our remaining games and still get automatic promotion.
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Leaning towards yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:28 pm

No, for all the reasons outlined by my honourable friend Mr Trickle.
Back to top Go down
tbc

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:44 pm

do i sense a sleeper activated?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 pm

No chance! Jimmy loves the Fourth Division, Shit Ground Shit Pitch, Plenty of Bucket Rattling, nobody cares about that in the Basement..... its a Jim Win Win!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Ss68 you have a point, in lge one we ll look worse than bleeding colchester
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Elias wrote:
Ss68 you have a point, in lge one we ll look worse than bleeding colchester

I cant see Brent coughing up any additional funds to keep us in league one if we do go up. so i have to say i agree too.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Oh god I hope not and I feel that Oxford, Northampton and Accy have your measure now, out in the play offs again would be just perfick, especially if we could snick into that 7th spot and do the job, I wouldn't even mind losing the final to Pompey after that.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Pompey conceded 95th minute equaliser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present   Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Argyle gain promotion to League One in May. Yes, no or undecided at present
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next