sufferedsince 68
Elias
Dick Trickle
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:09 pm

I'm relatively cynical when it comes to Argyle but I was there today and when we scored the winner, I simply thought 'we deserved that'. Just felt the 2nd goal should and would come, even after they equalised.

Luton were pretty ordinary but it's not an easy place to go and bag a victory, so all credit to the team. We looked good going forward all afternoon and pretty solid at the back, even when Luton chucked it at us.

Impressed with Carey, Wylde (proper winger) and Tanner, who has skill and is hard - he got their man sent off, simply by standing up and being better than him, hence hacked.

If we can stay injury free, I see no reason why we'd fall out of the top 3. You could see what the win meant to the players at the end.

Proper job.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Rumours out of Luton tonight

Ian Holloway
Posted by homer on 24/10/2015, 17:58:42
to be announced as Luton's new manager on Monday after Still resigns
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Had no idea we won until lterally just now. Well done DA and the team!!

Dreading January

The saying 'egg on your face' springs to mind regarding your earlier posts and prediction.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Four points clear at the top of League Two tonight, excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Fantastic effort. Tanner and Bruntinho were superb. The whole team was really, juust caught napping for one goal. Carved them open time and time again. Very proud of that performance, thought Luton had snatched a point but we rallied and got the win we deserved.

Tanner motm in my opinion, Bruntinho put in a hell of a shift as well.

Last edited by ejh on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:24 pm

John Still video with is view on today game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Good win that, and important to get something after Tuesday's defeat. A last minute winner always seems to make the victory that much sweeter. Hope Hartley's injury isn't too bad, he's been solid at the back.

Onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:10 pm

All sorts of positives to take from that: big team in this division; difficult place to go; a bit of history betweeen the teams; key players not starting; spine of the team disrupted during the game; pegged back after taking the lead; 4 points clear at the top!

We're going up as feckin champions!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:44 pm

What a fantabulous result, well done to Del bhey and the team, bring on the mighty Morcambe !!

What a result for Sherry too cheers
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:49 pm

I like the sound of "We're going up as feckin champions!".  All that's needed now is the end of season celebration team bus & civil parade.  That'll be awkward but fun pig
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Great result. Sounds really promising.
As IE said, the reaction of the players to a tight win can say a lot about their resolve & ultimately this can be the difference between winners & also rans,
Not wishing to be all Freathy like but I'd be much happier if some of the short contracts were tied up quickly.
Like most I don't trust brent not to try to cash in on players in January. IMO by far the slimiest we have ever had the misfortune to experience.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I like the sound of "We're going up as feckin champions!".  All that's needed now is the end of season celebration team bus & civil parade.  That'll be awkward but fun pig

Wonder if Tudor'll appear on the balcony again?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:14 pm

One day .. just one day .. a defeated manager will say ''Argyle are a very good side and thats why we lost''
John Still rattled on about 3 subs early on, player getting sent off, player on the pitch being injured after the 3 subs, defo pen shout ... and on.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:41 pm

tigertony wrote:
One day .. just one day .. a defeated manager will say ''Argyle are a very good side and thats why we lost''
John Still rattled on about 3 subs early on, player getting sent off, player on the pitch being injured after the 3 subs, defo pen shout ... and on.

Yes, it is indeed very unusual behaviour from a losing football manager. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Anyone else at the match today?

A few on Pasoti are giving Brunt a raw deal. He had their CBs all over him, forearming his head out the way to win headers. The ref was giving him nothing. And yet he was still winning half of his long balls.

The times he took balls down and hit volleyed crossfield passes to space were class.

He just generally made it stick up front, physically roughed up their CBs, and made openings for Carey, Tanner and Wylde to attack.

Goal aside, I really thought he had a good game. I know I like Bruntinho a lot more than most but it can't be only me who thought he had a good game. It sounds like his presence is a big part of what was missing at Oxford but made it happen today - a breeze block in the final third for us to launch attacks from.

As I say though, Tanner was just outstanding. Ran their defenders ragged all match, so aggressive, absolutely sensational.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 pm

On commentary Sparksy was wondering exactly what Brunt had to do to win a free kick.

As for the Luton injuries... They obviously didn't help so fair comment there. The red card? Whose fault is that?

From commentary it sounded as though we should have had it in the bag in the first half and we didn't. Luton were always going to have a pop in the second half and got their reward for so doing.

The fact that our winner came in the 95th minute is neither here nor there. Their game management wasn't up to keeping a point when down to 10 (arguably 9) men. Their problem not ours, again.

Sometimes you have to look at your own team. Over 90 minutes were they worthy of a point? Well I wasn't there but it doesn't sound like it from the reports I've seen.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Another great result.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:27 pm

The way things are going we could be safe from relegation by New Years Day. Cool
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Wonder if Tudor'll appear on the balcony again?

In full support of Brent? Yeah probably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Brent is the one who should feel awkward and apologetic. All those projects he was going to mastermind in Plymouth for the community, and not one brick, or likelihood of one, despite monies going into pension pots.
All Evans has done has got on with real life as any council leader is paid to do and given permissions to serious builders for much needed city improvements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 11:21 pm

PL2 has given Bruntinho the lowest rating he gave to any of the starting players. He admits he'd have given him 5 if he hadn't scored a goal.

Yet Brunt has 10 votes for man of the match and 23% of the total votes cast so far. Embarassed

Good to see Hartley getting recognition too, it is a shame I didn't mention him first time, he was colossal at the back. Didn't lose a challenge in the air and made some decisive interceptions to keep the Luton strikers quiet. His injury and the substitution changed the game as we were really cruising to an easy 3 points before that.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:02 am

Cheers EJH, we appreciate eye witness accounts here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:28 am

I can't think of anyone who had a bad game today. Boateng is clearly off the boil however, caught dawdling on the ball more than once, but luckily Luton didn't score to get those mistakes on the highlights reel. Sawyer similarly was targeted and they got in behind him several times (although he often recovered well). In the build up to their goal, for some reason Wylde was our deepest left sided defender and I have no idea what Sawyer was doing for that to happen. It was a recipe for disaster, and their goal eventually unravelled from it.

McHugh deserves a mention, he was terrific. Really blossoming in that midfield screening role in a way I never expected.

McCormick 7, Mellor 8, Nelson 8, Hartley 9, Sawyer 6, McHugh 8, Boateng 6, Carey 8, Tanner 9, Wylde 7, Brunt 8.

Simpson looked confident and comfortable when he came on, definitely the pick of the subs. Could well have Boateng's shirt by the next match.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 2:49 am

Fabulous result was sat watching West Ham Chelsea Live and receiving Line Updates from one of my Boys from Luton.
Utterly delighted for Ryan Brunt....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:04 pm

ejh wrote:
I can't think of anyone who had a bad game today. Boateng is clearly off the boil however, caught dawdling on the ball more than once, but luckily Luton didn't score to get those mistakes on the highlights reel. Sawyer similarly was targeted and they got in behind him several times (although he often recovered well). In the build up to their goal, for some reason Wylde was our deepest left sided defender and I have no idea what Sawyer was doing for that to happen. It was a recipe for disaster, and their goal eventually unravelled from it.

McHugh deserves a mention, he was terrific. Really blossoming in that midfield screening role in a way I never expected.

McCormick 7, Mellor 8, Nelson 8, Hartley 9, Sawyer 6, McHugh 8, Boateng 6, Carey 8, Tanner 9, Wylde 7, Brunt 8.

Simpson looked confident and comfortable when he came on, definitely the pick of the subs. Could well have Boateng's shirt by the next match.

And that's exactly what a player on the bench must do when they come on or get given the nod ahead of someone like Tanner and Brunt did over Reid and Jervis for whatever reason, injury/suspension poor form etcc and thats grab it and run and make del bhey have a headache come next saturday when picking the team.

If only Harvey, Purrington and couple others had the same ethos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next