Dick Trickle
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 pm

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Brunt keeps his place on Saturday, my guess is that if Reuben is fit he'll replace him and probably rightly so.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
It'll be interesting to see whether or not Brunt keeps his place on Saturday, my guess is that if Reuben is fit he'll replace him and probably rightly so.

Seems to be the way of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

I think DA has reacted this season by dropping Brunt and playing Reuben the moment he is fit, as he really ought to. The likelihood is that without Reuben we would have drawn the Notts County game and Accrington games, which means 2 points in the bag instead of 6.

The decision makes itself really, not many Argyle fans would argue for dropping a fit Reuben. He has game changing quality at this level, and as great as his work rate and endeavour is Brunt isn't capable of that.

I think what Bruntinho is starting to show is that the team is not limp and helpless without Reuben. We are still a great passing side, creative side, pacy side, dangerous side WITH Ryan Brunt. He can get the ball in the final third and bruise their CBs, to turn long balls/throw ins/set pieces into possession and protect our creative players from tough tackling dominant CBs. People see him as some kind of talentless lump, but if you look at his attributes he is a big asset for the side, and the creative and pacy players feed fantastically off him. What Ryan Brunt doesn't do is hog the ball, over dribble it, look to shoot constantly, or shirk his 50/50s, but what he does do is give his all in every challenge, alook to offload the ball as soon as he has it under control, make the ball stick up front, and make sure the likes of Tanner, Wylde and Carey have the ball in a comfortable amount of space within 25 yard of goal - where they can do damage.

The Jervis up front experiment at Oxford seemed to upset the rhythm of our side, but DA rectified it immediately and credit to him for that.

I think what yesterday proved is that when our best player is unavailable, we can still look a dominant footballing side at this level. Come injury or suspension, I think this team can still be a force without Reuben, and I don't think we have ever been able to say that since Reuben rejoined the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 10:34 am

FWIW, I thought Brunt played well on Saturday - as did pretty much the entire team, really. Thought he was strong and did a great job of playing at centre-forward. Shades of Evans. Harshly treated by the ref.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 2:00 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Four points clear at the top of League Two tonight, excellent stuff.

Four points clear only because the Mighty Exeter City went to Fratton Park and came away with 3, bit of gratitude would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Thankyou Lord, but where Foxes and Motorservices?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Four points clear only because the Mighty Exeter City went to Fratton Park and came away with 3, bit of gratitude would be nice.

Plus you give us six points a season and allow us easy entry through the cup stages as well.

Always appreciated cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

'Tis purely the natural order of things being restored, Tis. That's all.

I'm sure there may come a period again when we slump to the depths and you can Lord it for a year or two by being in the same League as us. I doubt you'll be alive to witness it, mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5