seadog
Freathy
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 2:09 am

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  

Man in the middle ROBERT JONES Games: 18 YELLOWS 64 REDS 1

Assisted by John Flynn and Robert Dabbs

Fourth Official Adrian Tranter

Grimsby news

Marcus Bignot faced his first away match as manager of Grimsby.

Grimsby squad

I've been happy. The honeymoon period is over now so it's really now time to get down to business and get to know the group. I thought we did a lot of things well on Saturday but not consistently enough, it was a typical team that was in transition with a new manager performance. There were loads of positives, but to do it on a consistent basis I think they went back to ways before, they'd go back to what we weren't working on in training. It was encouraging because if we can get them into good habits and how we want them to play and we really want to be positive on and off the ball but there's so much work to go on behind the scenes with that. It's going to take time but I thought it was a typical performance of a group that's in transition."

Injuries

It's as it was, credit is due to everybody connected to that, giving me the opportunity to pick a near enough full strength squad. I know we've got Ben Davies and Sean (McAllister) out and I think that's it. Josh Venney has been back in training so it's just those two out.

On Plymouth's run of form and their threat

They're a team that have got a lot of individual ability and that is probably why they are where they are at the moment in terms of their ability in particular in the forward areas. They've got 1 or 2 players that are up there in terms of the better players in this league if i'm being truthful. They can hurt you, that's the ability they possess. Seeing them play, in terms of their attacking players I can see why they are top of the table, but we will go there and we will work on their individual talents and how to stop them and we will see if they can stop us and our talent we possess because we have got an awful lot of talent in that group

Argyle news

Injuries

Nauris Bulvitis will miss the next two game against Grimsby and Barnet after suffering a calf injury. Oscar Threlkeld edged closer to full fitness after returning to training this week.
Paul-Arnold Garita could feature after being named on the bench against Crewe last week.

The team squad have started once a week to have a training session on the Home Park pitch

Armed Services Day

There are many activities taking place in and around Home Park on match-day, including: a Field Gun Association Junior Team Display; HMS Heroes Military Kids Choir; a TS Golden Hind Sea Cadet Unit Semaphore Display; and the Devonport Royal Navy Volunteer Band, who play a live version of Semper Fidelis to welcome Derek Adams and the Argyle team on to the pitch.

On the pitch

2pm Field Gun Association Junior Team Display
2.12pm HMS Heroes Military Kids Choir
2.24pm   TS Golden Hind Sea Cadet Unit Semaphore Display
2.36pm   Devonport Royal Navy Volunteer Band[/color]

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 am

I am going for a 3 1 win att 8,500 away fans 260. and Freathy might go with a 2 nil defeat santa

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:08 am

1=0 win and hopefully i wont lose my phone AGAIN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:38 am

alannotivvy wrote:
1=0 win and hopefully i wont lose my phone AGAIN.

0-0

But you won't lose your phone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 6:58 am

No disrespect but what has a football match got to do with the armed forces?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 7:45 am

Can't see us getting anything from this one

0-2 defeat
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 8:01 am

the city has a strong link with the armed forces.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 9:37 am

DEREK Adams and the memories of 2015-16 are the twin drivers of Argyle’s successful start to the season.

The Argyle manager has steered the Pilgrims to top spot in Sky Bet League Two on the back of a remarkable 12 wins and two draws from their opening 16 matches.

They take that superb form into Saturday’s Armed Services Day game against Grimsby at Home Park, determined to maintain their seven-point lead over their divisional rivals. 

“The foot is to the floor,” said Derek. “We have still got to pick up a lot of points. 

“We have got 38 points already and we want to add to them. There are 30 games to go, a long way to go. We have given ourselves a very good start and hopefully can continue that.

“I think it is going to be very tight this season to get into the promotion places.

“The league is better than last year. The reason I say that is that, between third place and mid-table, there are a good number of teams on equal points. There are a lot of teams that can beat each other and they’ve shown that throughout the season.

“We’ve got experienced players in the team and players that want to succeed. We’ve got a lot of players that want to drive on, which is important in a squad. We’re pushing them, day in day out, to make them better, and we are seeing the fruits of that.”

Argyle went off like a train last season, only to falter towards the end of a better-than-hoped-for campaign and ultimately suffer heartache in the play-off final at Wembley.

Derek said: “As a manager, you want to be the best; we were trying for that but we were two wins short of automatic promotion. We should have had it, but we didn’t perform well enough in two games.”

Derek, the 31st longest serving manager in English football, will come up against the third-shortest on Saturday, Marcus Bignot having been appointed Grimsby gaffer on November 7. 

“He’ll be finding his feet at the football club and be getting to know the players that are there,” said Derek. “They have started the season really well; they are in the play-off positions. Like Barnet last year, they have come up from the National League and done really well, putting a lot of pressure on the teams around about them.”

Bignot has linked up again with hot forward Omar Bogle, who he sold to the Mariners from previous club Solihull Moors.

Derek said: “They have got a number of talented players. Bogle is the one that stands out for them and we’ll have to watch him.

“You just have to look at the scoring charts. He scored two goals last week; he’s quick; he’s direct; and he’s robust. We will have to watch out for him.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 9:46 am

Argyle will lose and the twats will blame Carey.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 9:52 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

No, I will blame Freathy
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 9:59 am

Tgwu wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

No, I will blame Freathy
jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Negative crap being served up at HP by the sounds of it, oh well up the prediction league i will climb at FT.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 4:32 pm

Coming together nicely.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Season over. This team, especially minus Carey, will sink to mid-table by March
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 4:59 pm

Oooh aaaaare weee.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:02 pm

10,341.  Back down to 8k Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Don't we always lose in front of big crowds?

Suspect Bulvitis is a big miss at the back, need to get him back quickly. Still 8 points clear off the play offs, so we can easily afford the odd defeat.

Just need a bit of squad strengthening in January. No excuses not to with the 200k from Nelson, plus the fact we are pulling 10k for home games!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Tbf it's been coming, can't keep nicking wins against the run of play.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Over ten thousand today,plus two hundred grand from Oxford, brace yourselfs for a couple of cheap dogshit loans in January and a playoff humiliation, tis the Jimmy way!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:16 pm

I think even the play-offs are beyond us
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Freathy wrote:
I think even the play-offs are beyond us
Adams tactics away are spot on  at home though he looks clueless, also take into account the total lack of ambition at the Brentihad and you could well be right.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 5:39 pm

I do wish the players would shut up and stop bragging about what a great team we are. It's been a constant in the Herald for the last couple of months.

Adams is forever boasting about how clever his tactical changes are.

Will they never learn?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 6:24 pm

TERRIBLE GAME

we were like we was against Luton all over the place.the game started 10 minutes late as the cub thought they could cram the a mute semper being played live, the last post, minute silence, reveille and the national anthem at 3 o'clock.

Grimsby to their credit got their tactics spot on they kept carey quiet and where quick to exploit our lack o pace in defence. They also knew McCormick and set pieces dont go well together.

I was pleased to see Rooney come on i wasn't aware we recalled him from his loan at Truro he needs more game time if he is going to develop into the player we hope and not turn out to be another Tyler Harvey who btw is bac at Bath after failing to impress at Wrexham. good to see garrita back too although lack of match fitness was clear throughout despite him looking ok.

was not impress to see the return of Argyle Angels who are worse than ever and still cant get even a muted reaction from fans and are a complete waste of time.

overall this game serves as a wake up call that we still have faults that they need to be fixed in January with a few signings.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Very bad news that Spencer is out for 3 months,Adams may well have to make a like for like signing because none of the other strikers on the books are of the same type.Bad defending at the far post and a failure to take first half chances cost Argyle dear today,quite impressed with Grimsby and wouldn't be surprised if they did a Bristol Rovers and challenged strongly for successive promotions.Always had a doubtful feeling about this game but at least there's a chance to turn things around on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Very bad news that Spencer is out for 3 months,Adams may well have to make a like for like signing because none of the other strikers on the books are of the same type.Bad defending at the far post and a failure to take first half chances cost Argyle dear today,quite impressed with Grimsby and wouldn't be surprised if they did a Bristol Rovers and challenged strongly for successive promotions.Always had a doubtful feeling about this game but at least there's a chance to turn things around on Tuesday.

I didnt even know he was out injured till i read your post which now explains why Rooney was recalled.

We will need to sign a striker or two in Jan even more so now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town match day thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next