Elias
Dick Trickle
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Come on EJH. You've been on here long enough to know better. You'll have Tringy on here congratulating Freathy on hooking a new one soon. lol

Freathy never called the upturn and a broken clock is always right twice a day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:15 am

I assume Carey will be back to his normal role today, so that will be a boost, and Brunt will be a straight swap for Reid.
It's important for the players' esprit de corps they get a good result today. Back on track after two poor displays. Confidence can be a fickle thing.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:58 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Come on EJH. You've been on here long enough to know better. You'll have Tringy on here congratulating Freathy on hooking a new one soon.  lol

What 'upturn' is that? We've strung a few good results together due to a couple of match winning key players who DA has got the most out of but we all know many of the overall perfomances have been VERY poor. Those key players, notably Reid and Carey, are very likely to be sold in January. DA will be left scrambling around looking for more loan players. We should at least be thankful McCormick is likely to stay. On the other hand Pompey, Luton, Oxford, Accy and the other actual serious promotion contenders will strengthen. As far as I'm concerned, under brent this does not feel anything like a promotion season and we'll still be a L2 club next season.

As for today, there's abslolutely no reason to think anything other than we'll be completely outplayed with McCormick having to put in the shift from hell as that is what's happened the last 4 or 5 matches.

BRENT OUT!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:45 am

Freathy wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
Come on EJH. You've been on here long enough to know better. You'll have Tringy on here congratulating Freathy on hooking a new one soon.  lol

What 'upturn' is that?  We've strung a few good results together due to a couple of match winning key players who DA has got the most out of but we all know many of the overall perfomances have been VERY poor.  Those key players, notably Reid and Carey, are very likely to be sold in January.  DA will be left scrambling around looking for more loan players. We should at least be thankful McCormick is likely to stay.  On the other hand Pompey, Luton, Oxford, Accy and the other actual serious promotion contenders will strengthen. As far as I'm concerned, under brent this does not feel anything like a promotion season and we'll still be a L2 club next season.

As for today, there's abslolutely no reason to think anything other than we'll be completely outplayed with McCormick having to put in the shift from hell as that is what's happened the last 4 or 5 matches.

BRENT OUT!

Post of the week, agree with every word. Adams has worked a miracle but how long can he keep it going with no support from Jimmy?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:47 am

Surely there be civil war if brent sold carey & Reid in january surely even jimmys bum licking boys couldnt even justify that...or could they
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:54 am

A scapegoat would be found.

January will test brents metle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:46 pm

fishing ...........Sad Act cheers Love Ginger Pubes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:00 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Surely there be civil war if brent sold carey & Reid in january surely even jimmys bum licking boys couldnt even justify that...or could they

Sadly it's all been seen before, "he didn't want to stay, can't keep an unhappy player, we can't match the wages that Accy Stanly are offering, we offered better terms but he wanted to be closer to his family"....... Ect, ect.
If Brent proves us wrong ill be pleasantly surprised, in fact I'll be feckin gobsmacked but I still won't swell the match day crowd (other than my four or so matches a year) until the not fit for purpose non developing waste of space has gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Elias wrote:
A scapegoat would be found.

January will test brents metle.

Probably the players themselves would be blamed. Newell would give it the old Norris routine.
"There's no way my mate James could have persuaded them to stay, they were determined to go ..dadada daddada"

However, I don't see Reid moving on anywhere soon. Carey is a different fish and potentially far more of a target. If I were either coveted player in my mid twenties knowing my next contract needs to be a big earner, I would want a January Brent guarantee through my agent that my wages were seriously rising, and that's where I foresee problems. Brent will keep strictly to his budget, and so he, in turn, will put the pressure on Adams to sort it out, by foregoing an extra squad salary, or something like that. Deep down, it would be of Brent's making, but he will appear blameless, and Newell will make sure that is the message that gets across from Pasoti, deleting more long term voices if necessary. Everything he now desires is totally in the hands of Brent.
In Carey's situation, he owes no loyalty to the club down here , he's only been here a second and just followed his manager that he obviously respects. We've got a good one, and it would be hugely damaging to lose him.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Argyle v Luton: McCormick; Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, Sawyer; McHugh, Boateng; Tanner, Carey, Wylde; Brunt

Subs

Cox, Simpson, Jervis, Harvey, Purrington, Bittner, Threlkeld
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Adams certainly ain't afraid to make the big decisions. Your top striker is out injured and you still choose to drop your top scorer to the bench. No surprise though, Jervis has been off the boil lately. Brunt needs to put in a proper shift today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Adams certainly ain't afraid to make the big decisions. Your top striker is out injured and you still choose to drop your top scorer to the bench. No surprise though, Jervis has been off the boil lately. Brunt needs to put in a proper shift today.

He is brave man indeed. Brunt needs to shine today and try and make it difficult for del bhey to drop him for Reid when he is back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Meant to write a mini blog on here today about my journey to the game etc.

Failed.

Here. Pissed.

Come on Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Brunt was my choice, and assumed Adams would start with him. It's a straight swap for Reid, and allows a familiar shape to be played. Wylde will do the Jervis width things I assume. Feel sorry for Jervis though. From the little I've seen of him, he's a good, almost unusual player, far better than anything we've had for years, but he's not "centre forward" material. It's a very hard position to play, and not many can.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:18 pm

get in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Brilliant. Come on Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Who'da thought it cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Sounds like we could, maybe should, be more than 1 up. I hope we don't come to rue those missed chances.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sounds like we could, maybe should, be more than 1 up. I hope we don't come to rue those missed chances.

At least 3 up according to a friend who is at the match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Who'da thought it cheers

Not Freathy, foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Who'da thought it cheers

Not Freathy, foreshore.

Absolutely. Still think we'll lose though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:01 pm

sounds like normal service is resumed. a lump up front, with a fit Carey in behind breaking in his most effective role.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Rovers 1-4 Shez

Geddon
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Rovers 1-4 Shez

Geddon
They'll be singing down the valleys tonight
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Fackit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next