sufferedsince 68
Sir Francis Drake
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town

Man in the middle Brendan Malone    Games: 21 YELLOW 49 RED 5
Assisted by Mark Pottage and Mark Derrien
Fourth Official Andrew Turner

Mansfield News

Town manager Adam Murray will serve a one-match touchline ban against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park on Saturday

Adam Murray says there’s no pressure on his side as they travel to Home Park to face Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.

We’re not expected to get anything on Saturday so we can go there with no pressure on us and try and beat them."

Although Stags are unbeaten in four Sky Bet League Two matches, winning three of them, Murray says 'it’s brilliant’ that Plymouth will be expected to beat his side this weekend.

“We’re not expected to get anything on Saturday so we can go there with no pressure on us and try and beat them. They’ve got to beat us to stay in the top three and try and catch Northampton.

“They expect to get promoted this season and that wasn’t our main target this year, so there’s no pressure on us on Saturday. We’ll go there and enjoy it, give them a fight and try and beat them.

“They’re in their position [in the league] for good reason, they’re a very good team, so we’re going to have to go there and set up in a way which we feel will get the best out of that game.”

The gaffer believes that the nature of Sky Bet League Two means that many teams have the same ‘traits’ in the way they play, but small tweaks may be required to the Stags’ gameplan for each opponent.

“We’re working on our different game plans which we feel can get results against different opposition. On Tuesday [against Oxford United], we played five different formations!

“That’s the good thing about this squad is [that] tactically, they’re very aware and they take the information on and then carry it out, so we’ve got three or four systems that we can play within a game. Whichever one we start with, we know we can switch it in-game and be effective in doing it," Murray said.

“You have a general way of dealing with certain things and you have a few ways that you go about affecting other teams, depending on their weaknesses."

With Jack Thomas coming off the bench to score a late equaliser against Oxford United on Tuesday night, Murray says the young midfielder is working hard to improve as a footballer after a whirlwind 12 months.

“I think it’s been a massive learning curve for Jack. I think it’s the case of all young kids that he probably got threw in at a time when he didn’t expect to go in [last season].

“He dealt with a lot on his own shoulders, personally, and this year’s been a big learning curve for him. He’s had to take a step back to go again.

“He looks strong at the minute, he’s doing everything right; he’s doing everything off the pitch, the extra work and his strength and conditioning work. His focus is there at the minute.”

At the other end of the pitch, Scott Shearer was named in the Football League’s Team of the Week following his two penalty saves last weekend and the boss says it’s now the custodian's task to keep his standards high.

“I think he’s proved over the last couple of weeks what a good goalkeeper he is and we’re really privileged in that area to have Brian (Jensen) and Scott.

“They’re two massive characters, two massive goalkeepers – physically and mentally – and they've been brilliant.

"Scott's attitude to the whole group when he wasn’t playing was superb, and he’s come in and done what we expected him to do.

“On Tuesday he was outstanding again but now it’s up to him to keep his place and keep his standards.”

Stags travel club

Prices for SSA Amber Members throughout the season once again will be around the £10 mark with a MAXIMUM FARE OF JUST £15 ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY including Portsmouth, Plymouth, Exeter, Carlisle etc. Incredibly that's just £7.50 to anywhere and £7.50p back

Argyle news

ARGYLE manager Derek Adams is continuing weigh up his options with regards to bringing in players – as well as negotiating contracts with players already at Home Park.

The rules for loan signings made by Football League clubs will be drastically changes next season, a move that Adams agrees with – though it won’t stop the boss from looking into potential incomings before the current window closes in March.

“We’re already looking to strengthen the squad,” said Derek, “and we’ve been looking to do that throughout the season. We’ll continue to do that from now to the end of March.

“It’s beneficial for the clubs in some respects that players can come in on loan, and that can change you. You can take in a better standard of player for a cheaper cost. But for continuity in building a club going forward, it’s not the way, and I think next year when the new system comes in, it’ll be beneficial for Plymouth Argyle."

As for the current Argyle squad, many squad are nearing the end of their current deals with the Greens, but as Derek points out, many negotiations will be based on the club’s position come the end of the season.

“The better we do, the better it is for the players,” said Adams. “I think if we get into a higher division, the contract becomes better, and I can offer better terms than they’re on just now.”

Derek Adams has insisted winning the League Two title remains the target for Plymouth Argyle.

Northampton Town are setting a blistering pace at the top of the table after winning 13 of their last 15 games.

They are five points clear of second-placed Argyle and have also played one match fewer than them.

But Adams was not about to concede the title to Northampton in mid-February and insisted his ambitions for Argyle were not restricted to securing automatic promotion.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:55 pm

I wouldn't go as far as to say this is a must-win game but I'll be bitterly disappointed by anything other than a win.

We need to get back to the winning habit if we're to keep the pressure on at the top and if we don't we offer hope to those below.

Must-win? Probably not. Damned important though.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Another defeat on Jimmy's Allotment looms large, we got a good manager but sadly he's no miracle worker.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Mansfield News

Town manager Adam Murray will serve a one-match touchline ban against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park on Saturday

Adam Murray says there’s no pressure on his side as they travel to Home Park to face Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.

We’re not expected to get anything on Saturday so we can go there with no pressure on us and try and beat them."

He must know we're no Northampton or Oxford so I think he fully expects the Stags to get something. As do I.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I wouldn't go as far as to say this is a must-win game but I'll be bitterly disappointed by anything other than a win.

We need to get back to the winning habit if we're to keep the pressure on at the top and if we don't we offer hope to those below.

Absolute "must win", Mansfield are in good form and if they beat you they will fancy their chances of getting to you, and so will I, games are running down and the Big Mo is what makes things happen.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Absolute "must win", Mansfield are in good form and if they beat you they will fancy their chances of getting to you, and so will I, games are running down and the Big Mo is what makes things happen.

It is a must win game. Finishing 3nd or 3rd has got to be the aim now, as the L2 title will go to Northampton Town I feel.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Jimmy's failure to back the manager in the transfer window leaving Adams with a micro squad when its two games a week coming up, coupled with the neglected ploughed field pitch will see the club drop into the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 7:47 pm

TOMORROW MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:26 pm

If we are serious about promotion then we have to beat the teams fighting for that goal too. Mansfield want one of the 3 spots as much as we want the top spot so tomorrow will be a tough game.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:58 am

Welcome to another match day, !00% this game will be on, the grandson looking forward to it after the disappointment of last week. Will pick up four pasty for launch and the half time treats at eight this morning. The weather will pick up later in the day. Attended 8,051. Waiting for paper shop to open, wife tea and toast is prepared. sunny
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 7:27 am

Launching pasties? What a waste (unless they're Ginsters)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 7:40 am

green_genie wrote:
Launching pasties? What a waste (unless they're Ginsters)

Well spotted Basketball
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 7:48 am

Tough one 2day nearly as tough as them ginsters pastys lol shall be picking up a couple of decent pastys wont mention the name though as they sponsor pisspotty...oh as for the game i think we will make hard work of nicking a draw
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 11:19 am

It'll be tough alright. Whetever the result we know 100% Mansfield will be by far the better team. I cant be arsed to pay £22 to watch us get completely outplayed on a cabbage field.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 11:43 am

i have a sneaky feeling carey isnt playing today. He uploaded a family pic this morning which usually indicates he is at home....his home being in scotland.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 11:55 am

There are plenty of questions for today!
Will the PA system be working in the Devonport today?
Will there only be 2 TV's working again in the Devonport concourse today?
Will the Argyle Angels be strutting their stuff again today?
Will Mansfield bring down more than 100 fans?
Will the stewards be as friendly as they always are?
Will I be out celebrating tonight or will I just be out drowning my sorrows?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 2:38 pm

McCormick
Sawyer, McHugh, Nelson, Hartley, Forster
Carey, Wilde, Threlkeld
Brunt, Tanner

Subs:Bittner, Mellor, Nards, Reid, Jervis, Purrington, Rooney.

Is that 4 strikers on the bench? Seems a bit much - not much in the way of midfield cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 2:46 pm

I like that team, good to see Reid, and in particular Mellor benched. Good luck to Forster on his debut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Oxford 1 up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Pompey beating the gas 1 -0
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:34 pm

How badly are we playing?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:35 pm

1 up
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:38 pm

We've got a pen now
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:38 pm

2 nil cheers Brunty
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
How badly are we playing?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next