Elias
Dick Trickle
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Man in the middle ROSS JOYCE   9 Games  33 YELLOWS 2 REDS

Assisted  by Ian Dudley and Michael Webb

Fourth Official John Busby

Home news

MANAGER Derek Adams does not expect Plymouth Argyle striker Reuben Reid to be out of action for too much longer because of a hip flexor injury.

However, Reid has been ruled out of the Pilgrims' away game against Luton Town at Kenilworth Road on Saturday (3pm).

Reid suffered his injury after scoring what turned out to be the winning goal when Argyle beat Accrington Stanley 1-0 at Home Park last weekend.

The 27-year-old then missed the 1-0 defeat away to Oxford United in a top-of-the-table clash on Tuesday.
Related content

In his absence, Jake Jervis played up front for Argyle in the first half before swapping positions with Graham Carey after the interval.

Either of them could lead the Pilgrims' attack against Luton, and Adams also has the option of starting with Ryan Brunt as a target man.

Adams told Herald Sport: "Reuben Reid is out. He's the only absentee.

"He has picked up a slight injury and will get over it quite quickly, I presume. It will not be long term."

Reid missed the first week of pre-season training after an operation on his left foot at the end of last term.

Then, early in the campaign he missed three matches because of a hamstring problem.

After returning to action in mid-September, Reid gradually got back to top form and had scored four goals in as many games until he was hurt against Accrington.

Now the 27-year-old is having to put up with another frustrating spell on the sidelines.

Adams will be making his first-ever visit to Kenilworth Road for the game against 12th-placed Luton.

He said: "They have got a very good support and over the years they have been a very good football club, so we understand what we are going to.

"I would have thought the game will be quite frenetic, and you don't get to pass the ball as much in that type of atmosphere. That's what happens."

Luton, under manager John Still, have drawn 1-1 in their last two home games, against York City and Leyton Orient.

Adams said: "John has changed his team about a bit this season. They have also changed formation.

"They have got very good experience so it's going to be a good test for us."

With it being Argyle's second away game of the week, Adams admitted that meant some of the players' usual preparations for a match had to be slightly adjusted.

He said: "We have to be aware of the travelling time. We weren't back until a quarter-to-three the other night."

Cambridge United have had the luxury of staying in the South West after their 1-0 defeat at Exeter City on Wednesday, before playing at Paul Sturrock's Yeovil Town tomorrow, but option for back-to-back away games is beyond Argyle's finances.

Adams said: "I have to try to prepare the players in a different way to get them fit and raring to go on Saturday."

Luton News

O'Donnell to have hernia operation while Griffiths could return
Town boss John Still says full-back Stephen O'Donnell will undergo a operation on a hernia.

It means the 23-year-old will be unavailable for Saturday's game with league leaders Plymouth Argyle.

On the left-side of defence, fellow full-back Scott Griffiths is in contention for a place in the squad again having been given time off by the manager to be with his family. The defender recently became a father for the first time and Still admitted that the former Dagenham's man wasn't in the right frame of mind to be selected over the past three games.

Meanwhile striker Paul Benson continues to train having had injections to cure a neck injury while Craig Mackail-Smith will be assessed on Friday as he has been suffering with a nerve problem in his leg
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:47 pm

This will be the same Cambridge United who operate on gates 2/3's of ours and who currently sit in 16th position. They can afford to stay in the South West yet we opt for travelling an additional 400 miles. Let's hope we don't lose on Saturday and miss out on promotion by a point. False economy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:53 pm

TGWU

Can you advise where I can park? I have heard it can be quite difficult.

I'd also like to not get stabbed if possible, so please be thorough in your research.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:11 pm

ejh wrote:
TGWU

I'd also like to not get stabbed if possible, so please be thorough in your research.

good way is not to be so rude to tgwu popcorn popcorn
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Park up at luton airport parkway get train to luton mainline then walk ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
This will be the same Cambridge United who operate on gates 2/3's of ours and who currently sit in 16th position. They can afford to stay in the South West yet we opt for travelling an additional 400 miles. Let's hope we don't lose on Saturday and miss out on promotion by a point. False economy.
Argyle have become an established small time fourth division club under Brent. Wake me up when this nightmare is over!........... Just waiting for the AFT guy to tell us what a good idea this is by the sainted Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:49 pm

ejh wrote:
TGWU

Parking near the ground is awful. Don't even try. On top of that the traffic really fouls up bad near the ground post-match.

Your best route there is via J10 off the M1 then follow the signs for Stockwood Park golf club. Go straight past it (on the left it is set in a fairly big park - you can't miss it) and keep going towards the town centre you'll come to a big roundabout from there head towards Bedford/Dunstable. Once there you aren't far from the ground so turn off to the left somewhere for street parking (I don't know if it has restrictions - it might) otherwise I suggest parking in a town centre multi-storey. Any of them. You won't be far from the Two Brewers (especially if you can street park like I suggested) if you do which is by far the best proper pub in the town. It's about a 15 minute walk to the ground, maybe less, which is only a little bit past the big Sainsbury's (if you try to blag a place in their car park you'll probably get a) clamped and b) stuck for hours afterwards in the gridlock).

If you end up on a road signposted Dunstable (and not Bedford too) then you'll be on a busy dual carriageway (I think) and pass the ground on your right and you've gone too far. Keep going until you can turn around and try again. Don't park out that way. You'll be on the wrong side of the gridlock with no options.

Expect hassle from the OB afterwards. They tend to try to herd EVERYBODY towards the railway station if they can and if you have parked near Two Brewers or the town centre this probably won't be much use to you. Tell 'em you don't need a train because you live in Tring (the OB is usually drafted in from elsewhere and won't know any better).

You probably won't get stabbed unless you act like an arsehole.

Despite it being a ramshackle pit and having poor seating with next to no leg room I love going to Kenilworth Road. It's a proper old school ground and the home fans create a good atmosphere. The away fans are properly enclosed and roofed-in too. It gets proper loud.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 12:10 am

The last time I went to Luton I parked in Collington rd just across from Sainsbury and that big roundabout. Walked across the roundabout to Sainsbury and follow the Dunstable rd until you hit Oak rd where the away turnstiles are.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 12:18 am

I thnk the big roundabout by Sainsbury's is the second one you come to.

The one I was on about was just past a petrol station and the Jaguar garage on the right and an Irish pub whose name escapes me (that doesn't help much - most of the pubs in Luton are Irish!).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 12:19 am

Tgwu wrote:
The last time I went to Luton I parked in Collington rd just across from Sainsbury and that big roundabout. Walked across the roundabout to Sainsbury and follow the Dunstable rd until you hit Oak rd where the away turnstiles are.

Is Collington Road a multistorey car park, or literally just a street?

Thank you for the advice, already sounds like a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:18 am

I'm there tomorrow. Suggest getting the train into the town if at all possible

The only positive about going to this s*ithole is the local cuisine on offer in Bury Park. Though it's like Gandhi's Revenge in the morning...
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:02 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
Argyle have become an established small time fourth division club under Brent. Wake me up when this nightmare is over!........... Just waiting for the AFT guy to tell us what a good idea this is by the sainted Jimmy.

Austerity is king in the court of St James - a very good Tory if ever there was one.

That's the one thing that is still worrying about this season. A good manager, a decent team, decent football and top of the league, but I think Brent cares not a jot whether we're 1st or 21st. He isn't going to spend money now that his get rich (or even richer) scheme has fallen through and come January, if and when we need to strengthen, our best players will be going out the door and the money received into some black hole never to be seen again.

No doubt his followers will be convinced that it's really good business for the football club and isn't it wonderful that we're not losing so much money - even though basement level football beckons for the foreseeable future.

I may be proved wrong and we go on to sweep all before us. We shall see..
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:32 am

ejh wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Is Collington Road a multistorey car park, or literally just a street?

Thank you for the advice, already sounds like a nightmare.

Street Parking,

If I went tomorrow I found a nice parking place in Dunstable, my ex sister in law house.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 12:14 pm

First game of the season tomorrow for me. Mixed record at Luton - I think I've seen 2 draws and a defeat but can't remember a win. I'm owed one.

Beers on train, alight early for more beers and lunch, back on train and into Luton in time to stumble to ground. Must remember to collect ticket from box office.

Dirty pie at half time.

Mad dash at full time to train via off licence.

COYG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:02 pm

If your pie is dry a short walk under the flats should sort it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
First game of the season tomorrow for me. Mixed record at Luton - I think I've seen 2 draws and a defeat but can't remember a win. I'm owed one.

Beers on train, alight early for more beers and lunch, back on train and into Luton in time to stumble to ground. Must remember to collect ticket from box office.

Dirty pie at half time.

COYG

Geddon fella. Enjoy and see you soon drunk
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:44 pm

MORE LUTON REVIEW

All you need to know ahead of Pilgrims' visit Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle In Sky Bet League 2 on Saturday 24th October 2015, kick-off 3pm

WHO? Plymouth Argyle, the League 2 leaders, are the Hatters’ next visitors here at Kenilworth Road. Formed in 1886, Argyle are a year younger than the Town. The Devon club pipped the Town to the final Play-Off place in League 2 last season. Argyle, however, lost out in the two-legged semi-final to Wycombe Wanderers.

TICKETS. Fancy coming to the game? Well, tickets for the match against Argyle are now on sale at the ticket office at category A prices, details of which can be found here. Games against the Green are always worth watching, so remember to purchase your tickets quick to avoid disappointment.

POPPY APPEAL LAUNCH. The local branch of the Royal British Legion will be launching this year’s Poppy Appeal on Saturday. The matchball will be (weather permitting) delivered by a parachuting Red Devils display team before a minute’s silence prior to kick-off. Read more about it all here.

HAVEN’T WE MET BEFORE? Oh yes. Saturday’s meeting with Argyle will be the 95th between the two clubs. Plymouth hold the advantage in the head-to-head record, winning 40 to the Hatters’ 25. At Kenilworth Road the Town have won 17 to Plymouth’s 11. The Pilgrims were victorious on their last visit, winning 1-0 in September last year. The Hatters’ last recorded a home win against Argyle in a League Cup tie in August 2008 with Tristan Plummer and Rossi Jarvis on target in a 2-0 win.

LEAGUE 2 RIVALRY. Both clubs have eyes on winning promotion this season which brings back memories of the time the Town and Argyle went toe-to-toe for the Division Three title in 2001/02. Argyle raced away with a lead at the top before the Hatters’ club record run of 12 straight wins closed the gap. However, with some-less than savoury words from then-Town boss Joe Kinnear ringing in their ears, the Greens surged clear in their final three games to take the title with 102 points.

IN CHARGE. Although Argyle finished in seventh place last term, John Sheridan left Home Park in the summer, citing family reasons, but was swiftly replaced by former Ross County manager Derek Adams. The 40-year-old Scot guided unfancied Ross to the Scottish Premier League after winning the Scottish First Division title in 2012.

PREVIOUS FORM. Adams has taken little time to work his magic down in Devon as the Pilgrims currently top the League 2 table. On Tuesday they lost their seven-game unbeaten run in a 1-0 defeat at Oxford. But Argyle certainly won’t be fazed by a trip to Kenilworth Road given their excellent form on the road this season. They have only lost twice but won four times, with excellent victories at Wimbledon, Northampton, Wycombe and, most recently, at Notts County.

IN THE RANKS. Argyle are blessed with one of the best squads in League 2 with experienced goalkeeper Luke McCormick one of the best stoppers in the division. However, it is goals that win you games and striker Reuben Reid is the Greens’ main threat. The 27-year-old scored 18 times last season as Argyle reached the Play-Offs and is now fast approaching 100 senior goals. However the Town will be pleased to know that Reid has a hip injury and will be unavailable this week.

DID YOU KNOW? Argyle have set the record for most championships won in the third tier, having finished first in the Third Division South twice, the Third Division once and the Second Division once.

SAY THAT AGAIN? Plymouth haven’t conceded a goal in the second half of a game away from Home Park this season. All of the goals the Pilgrims’ defence has conceded of away games have come in the first half of matches. Strange, eh?

KNOWING ME, KNOWING YOU…Town have former Greens in their ranks in the shape of Scott Griffiths and Olly Lee, who both spent time on-loan at Home Park. Lee played 90 minutes against the Town in the last meeting between the clubs in January. Argyle have Ryan Brunt in their squad. The striker spent a short time on-loan from Stoke in November 2011 but failed to score in six appearances.

TOWN TEAM NEWS. Left-back Scott Griffiths is in contention for a return to the side having been given time off by manager John Still to be with his family following the birth of his son. Right-back Stephen O’Donnell is due to have a hernia operation and will miss out. Striker Craig Mackail-Smith has a nerve problem in his hamstring and will be assessed ahead of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Hengist wrote:
If your pie is dry a short walk under the flats should sort it. Very Happy

I said dirty pie, not dirty protest!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Dirty pie at half time.

COYG

Geddon fella. Enjoy and see you soon drunk

Geddafokkon, meht....wish you was coming, behy. Next time out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Tgwu wrote:
MORE LUTON REVIEW

All you need to know ahead of Pilgrims' visit Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle In Sky Bet League 2 on Saturday 24th October 2015, kick-off 3pm

WHO? Plymouth Argyle, the League 2 leaders, are the Hatters’ next visitors here at Kenilworth Road. Formed in 1886, Argyle are a year younger than the Town. The Devon club pipped the Town to the final Play-Off place in League 2 last season. Argyle, however, lost out in the two-legged semi-final to Wycombe Wanderers.

TICKETS. Fancy coming to the game? Well, tickets for the match against Argyle are now on sale at the ticket office at category A prices, details of which can be found here. Games against the Green are always worth watching, so remember to purchase your tickets quick to avoid disappointment.

POPPY APPEAL LAUNCH. The local branch of the Royal British Legion will be launching this year’s Poppy Appeal on Saturday. The matchball will be (weather permitting) delivered by a parachuting Red Devils display team before a minute’s silence prior to kick-off. Read more about it all here.

HAVEN’T WE MET BEFORE? Oh yes. Saturday’s meeting with Argyle will be the 95th between the two clubs. Plymouth hold the advantage in the head-to-head record, winning 40 to the Hatters’ 25. At Kenilworth Road the Town have won 17 to Plymouth’s 11. The Pilgrims were victorious on their last visit, winning 1-0 in September last year. The Hatters’ last recorded a home win against Argyle in a League Cup tie in August 2008 with Tristan Plummer and Rossi Jarvis on target in a 2-0 win.

LEAGUE 2 RIVALRY. Both clubs have eyes on winning promotion this season which brings back memories of the time the Town and Argyle went toe-to-toe for the Division Three title in 2001/02. Argyle raced away with a lead at the top before the Hatters’ club record run of 12 straight wins closed the gap. However, with some-less than savoury words from then-Town boss Joe Kinnear ringing in their ears, the Greens surged clear in their final three games to take the title with 102 points.

IN CHARGE. Although Argyle finished in seventh place last term, John Sheridan left Home Park in the summer, citing family reasons, but was swiftly replaced by former Ross County manager Derek Adams. The 40-year-old Scot guided unfancied Ross to the Scottish Premier League after winning the Scottish First Division title in 2012.

PREVIOUS FORM. Adams has taken little time to work his magic down in Devon as the Pilgrims currently top the League 2 table. On Tuesday they lost their seven-game unbeaten run in a 1-0 defeat at Oxford. But Argyle certainly won’t be fazed by a trip to Kenilworth Road given their excellent form on the road this season. They have only lost twice but won four times, with excellent victories at Wimbledon, Northampton, Wycombe and, most recently, at Notts County.

IN THE RANKS. Argyle are blessed with one of the best squads in League 2 with experienced goalkeeper Luke McCormick one of the best stoppers in the division. However, it is goals that win you games and striker Reuben Reid is the Greens’ main threat. The 27-year-old scored 18 times last season as Argyle reached the Play-Offs and is now fast approaching 100 senior goals. However the Town will be pleased to know that Reid has a hip injury and will be unavailable this week.

DID YOU KNOW? Argyle have set the record for most championships won in the third tier, having finished first in the Third Division South twice, the Third Division once and the Second Division once.

SAY THAT AGAIN? Plymouth haven’t conceded a goal in the second half of a game away from Home Park this season. All of the goals the Pilgrims’ defence has conceded of away games have come in the first half of matches. Strange, eh?

KNOWING ME, KNOWING YOU…Town have former Greens in their ranks in the shape of Scott Griffiths and Olly Lee, who both spent time on-loan at Home Park. Lee played 90 minutes against the Town in the last meeting between the clubs in January. Argyle have Ryan Brunt in their squad. The striker spent a short time on-loan from Stoke in November 2011 but failed to score in six appearances.

TOWN TEAM NEWS. Left-back Scott Griffiths is in contention for a return to the side having been given time off by manager John Still to be with his family following the birth of his son. Right-back Stephen O’Donnell is due to have a hernia operation and will miss out. Striker Craig Mackail-Smith has a nerve problem in his hamstring and will be assessed ahead of the game.

As previews go, that's pretty fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:50 pm

105 points fcol
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Luton Ticket Update

TICKETS are no longer on sale for the Argyle Box Office for our game at Kenilworth Road - but Luton have told us that they will continue to sell some tickets for the game.
If you are an Argyle fan still looking for tickets for the away end, you can call Luton Town on 01582 416976. This line will be open to Argyle fans to buy tickets until 5pm on Friday evening and from 9am - 11am on Saturday morning.

All tickets that are to be collected - including those ordered via the method above - can be collected from 1.30pm.

Please not that NO tickets will be available on the turnstiles. There is no cash entry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:08 pm

And all those argyle fans going to the game can they please be careful when wwalking through the local residents of kenilworth road gardens to get to the away end and not tread on their flower beds and vegetable patches. Winter is coming and the harvest must not be vandalized.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:00 pm

After Pompey (certain champions), this will be one of the toughest tests of the season so far. Luton are certain to be up there hot on Pompey's tail come the business end of the season. I think we'll get battered.

Luton 2-0 Argo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
After Pompey (certain champions), this will be one of the toughest tests of the season so far.  Luton are certain to be up there hot on Pompey's tail come the business end of the season.  I think we'll get battered.

Luton 2-0 Argo

Does the trolling not get tiresome? What do you do to stay interested in repeating the same old crap?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next