Czarcasm
Cornish Chris
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Luton match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 12:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
Ah, the usual 'Family Zone ruins atmosphere' moaning. What, because there's a terrific area to entice new young fans in which in turn stops a few old men waving their pints about and slurring at the away fans means atmosphere is ruined.

The Devonport has enough people in.

Stop finding excuses for the atmosphere which has been getting gradually worse and worse for a good few years now.

***Nasty, condescending post alert***

Listen you jumped up little shit, kids whose balls probably haven't even dropped yet oughta stop trying to talk as an authority on something you know fook all about - i.e. what constitutes an Atmosphere at Home Park, because you sure as hell will never have fooking seen one.

Carry on.

It must have been late 90's ('97 or '98) when Joe Kinnear said in his pre match that he wasn't worried about Argyle as they "were only an average team." "3 1 to the average team! 3 1 to the average team!" I think that's when we realised that we were a force to be reckoned with and the confidence made the two championships possible, great day and a proper atmosphere.

It was in first Championship season 2001. "Graham Coughlin is a Joe Soap footballer" 2-1 to the average 10 men after trigger wrongfully sent off. cramped onto Mayflower terrace with other three sides flattened. Happy days and an atmosphere Demport Lite can only dream of.

That's the one, I was right in the corner between Mayflower and Barn Park end it was rocking, I remeber saying to my mate that Trigger would get sent off in a minute, he was needling their centre backs in the way he did and the ref had a cople of little words, feck all happpened and he was sent for the long walk! I remember the Luton fans being stunned by it all they really thought they were going to romp it. Feckin great day.
Yep, fantastic that one was. Luton fans were in what was the old family stand between Mayflower and Demport. Who was that horrible Cnut who was their main man at the time? Nicholls, was it?

I feel sorry for the Yoof of today who've never known what it's like to witness a Cauldron Home Park atmosphere. Sad thing is, the way things are going they're never likely to.

Lu'on had a great side that year (think it was dodgey dealings with these players that led to money issues). Valois was a class act on the wing, the thug Kevin Nicholls in the middle, they had a young Matt Taylor at LB and Steve Howard up front. They also had Matt Spring, Brkovic and another tricky winger in Adrian Forbes. They weren't good enough to finish ahead of Sturrock's magic and bargain signings though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 pm

It's the belief of that Sturrock team and their pure dogged determination that took us above several frankly better teams. No way would we settle for a draw with two minutes to go no matter who we played, eight players hacking at the ball in the six yard box until it dribbled over the line was a not uncommon sight in those days it's what's lacking in our team now.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Foreshore that was a quality Luton lineup.

Iggy, dunno if ur getting games mixed up but the Demport was in the midst of being demolished at that game.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Just checked. Horseshoe had just started going up.

GoS Link
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Foreshore that was a quality Luton lineup.

Iggy, dunno if ur getting games mixed up but the Demport was in the midst of being demolished at that game.

Yes must be, I remember several of the Luton games as great days though, they were always quite a force in the years before this and I remember getting beaten by them more than once, I also remeber getting spat at from the flats and getting beaten at Kenilworth Road. Feckin horrible place.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
Ah, the usual 'Family Zone ruins atmosphere' moaning. What, because there's a terrific area to entice new young fans in which in turn stops a few old men waving their pints about and slurring at the away fans means atmosphere is ruined.

Stop finding excuses for the atmosphere which has been getting gradually worse and worse for a good few years now.

Listen you jumped up little shit, kids whose balls probably haven't even dropped yet oughta stop trying to talk as an authority on something you know fook all about - i.e. what constitutes an Atmosphere at Home Park, because you sure as hell will never have fooking seen one.

Carry on.

It must have been late 90's ('97 or '98) when Joe Kinnear said in his pre match that he wasn't worried about Argyle as they "were only an average team." "3 1 to the average team! 3 1 to the average team!" I think that's when we realised that we were a force to be reckoned with and the confidence made the two championships possible, great day and a proper atmosphere.

It was in first Championship season 2001. "Graham Coughlin is a Joe Soap footballer" 2-1 to the average 10 men after trigger wrongfully sent off. cramped onto Mayflower terrace with other three sides flattened. Happy days and an atmosphere Demport Lite can only dream of.

That's the one, I was right in the corner between Mayflower and Barn Park end it was rocking, I remeber saying to my mate that Trigger would get sent off in a minute, he was needling their centre backs in the way he did and the ref had a cople of little words, feck all happpened and he was sent for the long walk! I remember the Luton fans being stunned by it all they really thought they were going to romp it. Feckin great day.
Yep, fantastic that one was. Luton fans were in what was the old family stand between Mayflower and Demport. Who was that horrible Cnut who was their main man at the time? Nicholls, was it?

I feel sorry for the Yoof of today who've never known what it's like to witness a Cauldron Home Park atmosphere. Sad thing is, the way things are going they're never likely to.

Lu'on had a great side that year (think it was dodgey dealings with these players that led to money issues). Valois was a class act on the wing, the thug Kevin Nicholls in the middle, they had a young Matt Taylor at LB and Steve Howard up front. They also had Matt Spring, Brkovic and another tricky winger in Adrian Forbes. They weren't good enough to finish ahead of Sturrock's magic and bargain signings though.

Emmerson Boyce was playing for them as well, as you say they were an exceptional team-very classy pure footballing side and would almost certainly have won the league in any other year. Couple of threads about the old rivalry here;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 3:19 pm

THE match will kick off at 3pm. However, we are expecting a higher crowd than usual, so please take care to arrive early.

•    TURNSTILES to the Mayflower, Grandstand, Devonport End, Lyndhurst, and Family Zone For All open at 1.30pm.

•    AT present, we intend to have pay-on-the-gate facilities on match-day, but, with the clamour for tickets sure to maintain, there is no telling how long that situation will last

Are they having a laugh?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Tgwu wrote:
   THE match will kick off at 3pm. However, we are expecting a higher crowd than usual, so please take care to arrive early.

•    TURNSTILES to the Mayflower, Grandstand, Devonport End, Lyndhurst, and Family Zone For All open at 1.30pm.

•    AT present, we intend to have pay-on-the-gate facilities on match-day, but, with the clamour for tickets sure to maintain, there is no telling how long that situation will last

Are they having a laugh?

lol! Yep they are.

They've probably had an extraordinary Board meeting to open preliminary talks about the feasibility of employing an extra turnstile operator or two for the Lyndhurst stand between the hours of 14:30pm and 15:00pm

I hear talks broke down at an early stage after Brent shuddered at the notion that these people may actually want paying to do the work.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:46 pm

AT LEAST 700 HATTERS TO HEAD TO PLYMOUTH

706 sold in advance but Town fans can pay on the gate

The Luton Town ticket office sold 706 tickets for Saturday's Sky Bet League 2 match at Plymouth Argyle.

Hatters supporters have the option of sitting in the away end or in Argyle's family section in the Barn Park Stand.

If you haven't got a ticket don't fret: they are available on the day at Home Park.

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to the team and have a safe trip! #COYH
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Are they having a laugh?

Between 8 and 9 thousand I reckon, don't know WTF the club are panicking about with the tickets.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:59 pm

That home game in 2001 is one of my favourites.
Big numbers coming down tomorrow could be lively and unruly !
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 pm

There's only one James Brent's Happy Clappy GreenTinted Army
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 9:00 pm

If Argyle got ten thousand for tomorrows game, do you think it might dawn on Green Jim what this club could be? ..... No nor did i!! but he's a great fan, he's going on the Flying Throbber to Exeter with Super Nools Superfan Army!jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 am

It will be a 9500ish crowd and an absolute cluster*uck getting in.
Brent ensures it remains a cluster as a means to justify his half baked plans.

All one big conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:24 am

Snow up ere won't be that many
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:29 am

Gawd, I know its 4th divvy stuff, but it has the feel of a big match today, 800+ Luton is a good effort (obvo they're doing well). Hope Argo win
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:02 am

We will see today whether having the guts of the (loanee) team ripped out over Crimbo matters or not? I'm guessing that it will, fingers crossed for another couple of one month loans. Feck off Brent.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:05 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Gawd, I know its 4th divvy stuff, but it has the feel of a big match today, 800+ Luton is a good effort (obvo they're doing well). Hope Argo win

Yep. 'Tis good playing teams that have an away following. Sun is shining too in the Muff. sunny
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Argyle go into todays match with promotion chasing Luton with four subs!!!!...... In Green Jim we trust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:06 pm

A few extra pennies from Bedfordshire will put a smile on Brent's face.. unless someone else has put one on his face already.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:13 pm

4 feckin subs.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Well I've lasted 15 minutes until I've had to resort to the opposition commentary. Even with Sir Luggy alongside him Sparksy is playing the usual fucktarded simpleton.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:18 pm

and the Luton commentary sounds as if they're reporting via two tin cans. Mad

Radio 5 it is.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Carry on.
Listen you jumped up big illiterate ring piece who hasn't got any balls the reason you have to resort to foul language is because you are too stupid to hold a reasonable conversation.
Off you trot back to hospital now.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 3:53 pm

C'mon Argyle, we can do this, onwards and upwards, overtake Exeter and get back to where we belong, only one down. plenty of time, no need to panic, attack, attack!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton match thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next