Czarcasm
Greenskin
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Plymouth Argyle v Luton Town

Man in the middle Lee Collins  (Last season stats) Games 23  YELLOWS 85 REDS 3

Assisted by Adam Nunn and Kevin Morris

Fourth Official: Mark Pottage

Luton news

We have received an initial allocation 1,122 tickets in the Barn Park End of the Home Park stadium – where the Town triumphed 1-0 last March courtesy of Jack Marriott’s goal.

Tickets are available from the Ticket Office in person or by phone to Diamond Season Ticket holders from Wednesday 20th July until close of business on Friday 22nd July at two tickets per Season Ticket holder.

From Saturday 23rd July until close of business on Friday 29th July Season Tickets holders will be able to purchase two tickets each in person or by phone.

From Saturday 30th July, subject to availability, tickets will be available on general sale. At this time tickets will also be available on line.

One Ticket for Away Season Ticket holders will be processed on Friday 22nd July unless advised otherwise.

Luton head to Hitchin Town tonight for the annual pre-season friendly at Top Field – and several of the club’s rising stars who have figured in Nathan Jones’ first-team build-up to 2016-17 are included for the ‘Pay What You Like’ match. Vassell and Banton will feature in Hatters XI at Top Field
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Should be a walk in the park for the Hatters,feel sorry for the poor souls who are making the effort to watch Del bheys all sorts in "action"-glad i'm not going.

Talking of which-where is the Freathmeister these days-haven't heard from him for ages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Should be a walk in the park for the Hatters,feel sorry for the poor souls who are making the effort to watch Del bheys all sorts in "action"-glad i'm not going.

Talking of which-where is the Freathmeister these days-haven't heard from him for ages.

Hope Freathy will be back soon!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 4:30 pm

If he hasn't predicted 0-2 by Saturday lunchtime, we'd better check the cliffs at Whitsands. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 4:57 pm

In Freathy we Trust. jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 5:04 pm

He called it absolutely right last season, even when we were top of the league he said we would not be promoted, respec afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Freathy knows
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 9:30 am

A youngster from the pass, back on Saturday

Ex-Truro City striker Isaac Vassell struck his first goal in a Luton shirt to win the annual pre-season friendly at our Non-League neighbours Hitchin Town.

Recent Hatters addition Isaac Vassell is determined to make the most of his second chance as a professional footballer.

The 22-year-old penned a one year deal at Kenilworth Road recently after impressing boss Nathan Jones during his trial period.

Vassell began his career at Plymouth Argyle, making 10 appearance for the Pilgrims between 2011-2014, before being released and dropped into non-league, where he turned out for National League South side Truro City, while working part time on a building site too.

The youngster, who scored 28 goals in 94 games for the Cornwall side, has now swapped his tools for full time training once more though with the Hatters, as he said: “I’m happy to get it done, I’m buzzing, delighted.

“It’s my second chance at the pro game and hopefully I can prove some people wrong.

“I was at Plymouth for two years and didn’t get a contract there, I dropped down a few leagues and that was when it was a lot harder back then.

“Now, I’ve done well and I think I’ve earned this chance and I just want to show people what I can do.

“It’s not fun, waking up at six (o’clock) and going off to work.

“This is definitely what I want to be doing, not being on a building site and lifting bricks.”

Vassell believes it has been good for his mental strength having spent time out of the pro game though, as he now feels he appreciates the opportunity he has been given by Jones.

He continued: “Definitely, there have been some long days on site, just thinking about it all.

“It is character building and it makes you think what you really want and what you don’t really want.

“It’s a good opportunity for me to kick on now.

“I scored a few at Truro and I enjoyed it down there, but it’s not as easy as people think.

A lot of people think that you’ll just drop out and go down the leagues and just tear it up, but it doesn’t really work like that.

You’ve still got to work a lot for your goals and for everything really.

If anything it’s harder because you don’t get the service or the quality of pitch either.

Vassell would love to follow in the footsteps of the likes of ex-Hatter Andre Gray, plus England striker Jamie Vardy if possible, with the pair now plying their trade in the Premier League.

Both dropped out of the Football League, before working their way back up again as the attacker urged any players who do get released at a young age, not to give up following their dream.

He said: “For any youngsters out there who think the pro game is easy, and are in it and taking it for granted, I can tell them not to.

Just don’t take it for granted, work your hardest and do what you have to do as I can tell you now, going to work every day is not as enjoyable as this.

You’re never going to get a better job than this. Out on lovely training ground, training with a good bunch of lads, it’s not a job, it’s fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 10:59 am

Good luck the lad.
Bound to score against us on now.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 12:10 pm

According to Luton fan forum they have sold over 900 of their allocation of 1,122 seats.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Tgwu wrote:
According to Luton fan forum they have sold over 900 of their allocation of 1,122 seats.

Impressive.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Not particularly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 4:07 pm

The Lads need time to Gel

Another shit opening season defeat at home to add to all the others

0-1
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 am

Luton Town: Isaac Vassell eyes chance to show Plymouth ‘what they missed out on

Luton new boy Isaac Vassell has no grudge against Plymouth Argyle, but would love the chance to prove them wrong for letting him go.

The striker came up through the Pilgrims' Academy but was released in 2014 after making just 10 first team appearances. That saw him drop into the non-league with National League South side Truro City and take to the the building site as a labourer, to pay his way.

But after 24 goals in his last two seasons with the Cornwall club, the Hatters gave Vassell his chance in pre-season and he impressed enough to earn a one-year deal.

The 22-year-old opened his Hatters goalscoring account last night as a youthful Luton XI beat Hitchin 1-0 but would love the chance to make his competitive debut on Saturday when Town kick-off their League Two campaign at Home Park.

"I've got a great respect for Plymouth and everything they've done for me, so it will just be good if I can get on the pitch to show people what I can do and, maybe, what they missed out on, but there'll be no grudge there or anything like that," said Vassell.

The 22-year-old is still building up his fitness to adapt, once again, to the pro game, so is unlikely to start against Plymouth, particularly as Jack Marriott and Danny Hylton have already built up a strong partnership in the pre-season games.

Boss Nathan Jones also has Josh McQuoid, Jordan Cook and Zane Banton as available options up top, but Vassell says he knew, when he signed, the talent he'd be competing against.

"I had a little bit of research before to see what I'd be coming into and they're all top strikers," Vassell said, adding: "Jack scored five this pre-season already, so it's all good environment to be in because if everyone's firing then it makes you want to be on top as well so you can be at the same level as them."

Luton and Plymouth are two of the bookmakers' fancied teams for promotion behind favourites Portsmouth.

Yet the aim within the Hatters' camp is to prove the betting wrong and claim the title, and Vassell said: "When a team's ambition is set high, then every training session is high intensity, everything's driven, so it's a good environment to be in.

"It wouldn't be a good environment if you came in and you didn't want to win the league, just wanted to be mid-table or escape relegation, that's not a good place to be in. You want to be in a winning environment and hopefully we can do something this year."

Vassell was the seventh of Jones' eight summer signings – with midfielder Jake Gray signed from Crystal Palace on Monday to complete his transfer business – and asked if a the Town squad are capable of a title tilt, the striker said: "Most definitely. I think the quality of players is just brilliant. We've got a great squad here. Anyone can beat anyone in League Two, nothing set in stone, if it all goes to plan then it all goes to plan.

Angry this is from Bedford On Sunday
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 5:52 pm

We haven't got a chance

Argo 0-2 Luton
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 5:59 pm

A welcome return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Freathy wrote:
We haven't got a chance

Argo 0-2 Luton

Welcome back my friend flower
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 10:31 pm

Argyle goes into the first game of the season against Luton without three players Smith,Osborne and long-term injury victim Ryan Brunt. other wise a good fully fit squad. A hard job for DA to pick the starting eleven and the formation they will play.

Family of five will be there in full force. Hoping for a good crowd 9,041 Argyle winning 2 1
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Got a funny feeling 1-1 draw for our motley crew of vaggerbonds & journeymen!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 6:08 pm

1,019 Hatters heads to Plymouth

Nathan Jones led his team off on the 253-mile trip to Plymouth this morning and declared himself and the Hatters squad ready for everything the Sky Bet League Two season has to throw at them!

The Town boss took a fully fit squad with him down to Devon – apart from Craig Mackail-Smith and Danny Green who continue their rehabilitation from broken legs suffered last season – ahead of the 2016-17 opener at Home Park tomorrow afternoon.

“We are a full squad,” said Jones. “Danny Green and Craig Mackail-Smith are a little way off, but everyone I knew had a chance of being fit, they are all fit and we are very grateful for that.

“It comes down to a lot of God’s will, a bit of luck, but some real good planning by Jared Roberts-Smith, our sports scientist. It’s been a productive pre-season, but now the real thing starts – and we are looking forward to it.”

Opening day away trips don’t come much tougher than facing the side who lost at Wembley in last season’s play-off final. But Jones is happy to take on Derek Adams’ men in a part of the country he knows well, having lived in the south-west for seven years as player and coach at Yeovil.

“Plymouth’s a lovely place to go, on the coast down in the Devon and Cornwall area,” smiled the Welshman when asked if the Town could have picked a more tricky opener.

“It’s a difficult fixture, we are under no illusions about that. They were last year’s losing play-off finalists and they’ve recruited quite a few. They’ve lost one or two, but they’ve kept the bullk of things and have still got very good players.

“The manager now knows the league. He’s a year ahead of where he was last year, so it’ll be a very difficult fixture, adding in the journey and the weekend traffic and so on.

“But we’re ready. Our preparations were geared to this when we knew we had Plymouth. It’s a big one to start with and one that we are ready for.”

The ex-Brighton coach has signed eight new players this summer, with a dozen having left – including loanees – since the last game of last season. Jones now feels the Kenilworth Road squad is his.

He said: “You get judged on that now. Last year we were playing catch-up and for the most part, we caught up with people. But this is now a proper season.

“We have ambitions. We have a plan in place. We’ve recruited well. Now everything has to come together. Now the work really, really starts, and the pressure. The ups and the downs of the rollercoaster that is a Football League season. But it’s amazing, it’s the best thing you can do.

“All I can say is we are ready for that. Lots of things are going to happen in the season where we are going to have to adapt, adjust and react, and we are ready for that as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 7:51 pm

All the bottom half of block one as been sold in the last hour, must be BBC 1 has brought his seat. Mad
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 9:53 pm

POTD FOR luton fans

With over 1000 (+19 alloted 1,122) supporters currently travelling to Plymouth, you are advised to buy in advance if at all possible.

Tickets can be collected from the ticket office or arrangements can be made for collection at Plymouth on the day.

Subject to availability, tickets will be available to purchase on the day at Plymouth, however, ticket prices increase by £2
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:13 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
The Lads need time to Gel

Another shit opening season defeat at home to add to all the others

0-1
This, a draw at best.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:22 am

By the look of the online website a big crowd is building by the seats that been sold so far.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:30 am

A clueless 'performance' from Argo and having to endure 1000+ celebrating Luton fans at 16:50.

Glad I'm not going

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread    Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth v Luton FC Match Day Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next