Czarcasm
Cornish Chris
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 00:56

THE emphasis will be firmly on the family when Argyle entertain Luton Town in their first home game of 2015.
The Pilgrims are relaunching their popular Family Zone For All when the Hatters visit Home Park on Saturday, January 17 for an eagerly anticipated clash between the two promotion-hunting teams.

The pioneering Family Zone has been given a massive makeover for the new year to make the family match-day experience even bigger and better than before.

Match Official for Plymouth Argyle v Luton Town  are

KEITH HILL

Mark Derrien and Paul Rees Fourth Official Mark Pottage
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 11:22

I'm firmly in the green tint category. But I fully expect us to lose this one.

Saying that, the last time I was this pessimistic at home was the Portsmouth game in the dog days of 2013, and we got a draw that day if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 11:32

Fckin family zone for all No

It's wanky ra ra ra jester hatted initiatives like this that have killed the Home Park atmosphere and as someone pointed out on another thread, is killing the whole game as we once knew it. There'll come a point shortly where politely applauding an opposition goal will be commonplace, things are getting so sterile.  

Sad sad times.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 11:36

Cornish Chris wrote:
I'm firmly in the green tint category. But I fully expect us to lose this one.

This, although I always live in the hope of being pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 11:44

Tgwu wrote:
THE emphasis will be firmly on the family when Argyle entertain Luton Town in their first home game of 2015.
The Pilgrims are relaunching their popular Family Zone For All when the Hatters visit Home Park on Saturday, January 17 for an eagerly anticipated clash between the two promotion-hunting teams.

The pioneering Family Zone has been given a massive makeover for the new year to make the family match-day experience even bigger and better than before.

Match  Official for  Plymouth Argyle v Luton Town  are

KEITH HILL

Mark Derrien and Paul Rees Fourth Official Mark Pottage

Paid for by who ?.............And at a time when we can't 'afford' to BUY any players FCOL, massive makeover for family zone or chance of promotion, give me strength.
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 12:15

By Argyle in the Community. The Family Stand is not funded by JB or the board.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 12:34

Can you ask Argyle in the community to buy us a player then please.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 12:56

Josh Pope wrote:
By Argyle in the Community. The Family Stand is not funded by JB or the board.

This sort of thing worries me. Whether you like it, are neutral or completely against it this is exactly the sort of expense the club ought to be paying just like it should be paying for kit for the youngsters, u-16s to play tournaments, video cameras for the coaching staff, maintaining the Far Post Club, putting season tickets in envelopes to be posted and so on. That's probably not a conclusive list but none of them are expenses a football club should not be expecting to cover so even if "JB or the board" are resolutely not forking out for any of them the club should be.

These things shouldn't even be a small part of a problem let alone an excuse for getting the begging bowl out yet again.

My first thought is "why can't we afford such things?" closely followed by "where is all of our money going?" and then "maybe that's why they don't publish proper accounts...".

Honestly... WTF is going on up at Argyle for this to be even thought of as acceptable?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 13:00

Czarcasm wrote:
Fckin family zone for all No

It's wanky ra ra ra jester hatted initiatives like this that have killed the Home Park atmosphere and as someone pointed out on another thread, is killing the whole game as we once knew it. There'll come a point shortly where politely applauding an opposition goal will be commonplace, things are getting so sterile.  

Sad sad times.

Zackly.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 16:58

I think Argyle will lose this tough fixture, Luton Town have done very well this season and where they sit in League Two is justified.

Argyle 0 Luton Town 3.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 19:54

I have never been so sure we'll lose a match as I am this one. We really haven't got a chance in hell. It's truly tragic.

Argyle 0-2 Luton
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 20:08

"The newly launched family area" bigger and better etc etc.

Luton fans must be pissing themselves at what a joke this club has become since they last encountered us.

No money for players but thousands to spunk away on face-paint, jester hats and PlayStation consoles.

No atmosphere FC 0 Luton 4
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 20:40

Ah, the usual 'Family Zone ruins atmosphere' moaning. What, because there's a terrific area to entice new young fans in which in turn stops a few old men waving their pints about and slurring at the away fans means atmosphere is ruined.

The Devonport has enough people in.

Stop finding excuses for the atmosphere which has been getting gradually worse and worse for a good few years now.
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 21:15

Josh Pope wrote:
Ah, the usual 'Family Zone ruins atmosphere' moaning. What, because there's a terrific area to entice new young fans in which in turn stops a few old men waving their pints about and slurring at the away fans means atmosphere is ruined.

Stop finding excuses for the atmosphere which has been getting gradually worse and worse for a good few years now.

And that post says it all.
You are supposed to represent the Trust ??!!

Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 21:19

Its not terrific either.
Most of the people sat in there previously were there courtesy off freebies handed out to schools,and even then they could never fill it.

Worst idea ever at HP

Fact Basketball
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 21:28

Josh Pope wrote:

***Nasty, condescending post alert***

Listen you jumped up little shit, kids whose balls probably haven't even dropped yet oughta stop trying to talk as an authority on something you know fook all about - i.e. what constitutes an Atmosphere at Home Park, because you sure as hell will never have fooking seen one.

Carry on.
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 21:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His candidate statement claims to aim to 'retain older supporters' could a fooled me !!
By the way i'm neither old nor young I just remember when there was an atmosphere at HP.

Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 22:11

Ever since it first came into existence the (excellent) Family End has been criticised for killing the stadium atmosphere, when this is simply not true. Not that we need lunatics abusing away fans but there are plenty of other places to go to try and forge an atmosphere.

Of course the atmosphere isn't great right now, but can we expect much? We lost many fans in the decline and many people are already disenfranchised with the way the board is running things. Full credit to the lad in the Devonport who's trying to do his best to add to the atmosphere. It could be a hell of a lot better, don't get me wrong, I just don't buy the idea that the Family End really has any influence on it.

P.S. I wasn't trying to be condescending, merely defend the Family Zone of which I've worked in many times before. It's a terrific, terrific area down there and in all seriousness if you get the chance get down there and have a look because the facilities are just awesome!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 01:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some good memories from his time at Argyle, a club he genuinly loved, hope he gets a good send off from the fans on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 10:02

Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Listen you jumped up little shit, kids whose balls probably haven't even dropped yet oughta stop trying to talk as an authority on something you know fook all about - i.e. what constitutes an Atmosphere at Home Park, because you sure as hell will never have fooking seen one.

Carry on.

It must have been late 90's ('97 or '98) when Joe Kinnear said in his pre match that he wasn't worried about Argyle as they "were only an average team." "3 1 to the average team! 3 1 to the average team!" I think that's when we realised that we were a force to be reckoned with and the confidence made the two championships possible, great day and a proper atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 10:11

Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Carry on.

It must have been late 90's ('97 or '98) when Joe Kinnear said in his pre match that he wasn't worried about Argyle as they "were only an average team." "3 1 to the average team! 3 1 to the average team!" I think that's when we realised that we were a force to be reckoned with and the confidence made the two championships possible, great day and a proper atmosphere.

It was in first Championship season 2001. "Graham Coughlin is a Joe Soap footballer" 2-1 to the average 10 men after trigger wrongfully sent off. cramped onto Mayflower terrace with other three sides flattened. Happy days and an atmosphere Demport Lite can only dream of.
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 10:16

green_genie wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Carry on.

It was in first Championship season 2001. "Graham Coughlin is a Joe Soap footballer" 2-1 to the average 10 men after trigger wrongfully sent off. cramped onto Mayflower terrace with other three sides flattened. Happy days and an atmosphere Demport Lite can only dream of.

That's the one, I was right in the corner between Mayflower and Barn Park end it was rocking, I remeber saying to my mate that Trigger would get sent off in a minute, he was needling their centre backs in the way he did and the ref had a cople of little words, feck all happpened and he was sent for the long walk! I remember the Luton fans being stunned by it all they really thought they were going to romp it. Feckin great day.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 10:40

Iggy wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Carry on.

That's the one, I was right in the corner between Mayflower and Barn Park end it was rocking, I remeber saying to my mate that Trigger would get sent off in a minute, he was needling their centre backs in the way he did and the ref had a cople of little words, feck all happpened and he was sent for the long walk! I remember the Luton fans being stunned by it all they really thought they were going to romp it. Feckin great day.
Yep, fantastic that one was. Luton fans were in what was the old family stand between Mayflower and Demport. Who was that horrible Cnut who was their main man at the time? Nicholls, was it?

I feel sorry for the Yoof of today who've never known what it's like to witness a Cauldron Home Park atmosphere. Sad thing is, the way things are going they're never likely to.
Back to top Go down

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 11:01

Czarcasm wrote:
Iggy wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Carry on.

Yep, fantastic that one was. Luton fans were in what was the old family stand between Mayflower and Demport. Who was that horrible Cnut who was their main man at the time? Nicholls, was it?

I feel sorry for the Yoof of today who've never known what it's like to witness a Cauldron Home Park atmosphere. Sad thing is, the way things are going they're never likely to.

And the Demport was absolutely full on the whole match as we're the lower Mayflower, that's what's wrong with the lack of atmosphere, a huge chasm between the home and away fans, it's why it's so good at places like the New Den(never mind the old one) you can see the faces of the fans on the steep terrace to the left of you in the away end, you can hear individual banter, it's hostile, amusing and gets the blood up in fans and teams. Put the family area back where it belongs next to the Demport, either side would do.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015, 11:33

Agree with that Iggy. Until Brent's successor builds a new stand, the family area should be in the Kop corner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luton match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton match thread   Luton match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton match thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next