Dick Trickle
pepsipete
Dingle
Dougie
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 7:09 am

Womble wrote:
None of the people i'm on about have been involved in any of the "story so far" nonsense.  I'm talking about the fans that turn up, have a beer and a sing, and feck off after the game.  These people dont get involved in the internet bs.

And my beloved pyomgyang?  Really?  I've never towed the company line over there, so dont get that comment.

So how come you are not banned then?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 7:16 am

Womble wrote:
None of the people i'm on about have been involved in any of the "story so far" nonsense.  I'm talking about the fans that turn up, have a beer and a sing, and feck off after the game.  These people dont get involved in the internet bs.

In case you haven't realised... ATD likes to talk about the ones who do all that and do get involved in the internet bullshit...

People like yourself?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:09 am

Womble wrote:

And my beloved pyomgyang?  Really?  I've never towed the company line over there, so dont get that comment.

I know that, I was just trying to give a little perspective as to what really equates as 'shameful'.

Some people really can't see the wood for the trees. For me, a mild pisstake in their general direction is hardly smashing acceptable Football Forum protocols.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 am

Womble wrote:
I hate the fact that any young fan on PASOTI who shows some enthusiasm for the club is mocked mercilessly on here.  FFS grow up.  It is actually quite creepy.

You have a problem with IJN and a couple mods, give the rest of the posters a break.  Its nice to have an altrrnative to our old pessimism.

He aint a young 'un, he,s 42 !!! Which I do find to still have so much entusiasm for this tinpot club very bizaare
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:14 am

42!!!???

Fook me, I take it back - he deserves a whole lot more than just a mild pisstake!

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 am

I used to go school with him in tiverton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:27 am

Jesus wept
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 am

Believe me or not as you choose, Womble (and everybody else), but there is no serious dissent allowed within the Pasoti Mod team. None at all. Nothing beyond which shade of green is preferable or whether stripes are good or not or whether Brent is majestically wonderful or wonderfully majestic in all he says and does anyway. And they all know what will happen to them if there is. As a result, to a man, they are all broadly supportive of whatever it is that Brent/Newell is in favour of, they all stood by and allowed a known multi-account set up by Newell to be used to undermine the Trust and they all did the square root of feck all about it other than deny everything and turn a blind eye the cover-up that followed. Since then Newell has, with the backing of "3 high-profile Argyle people" - which he naturally denies but which I know for a fact to be 100% true, bought the keys to the shop and is free to use the multi-accounts he still has as and when he sees fit to corrupt the debate and to bad-mouth individuals.

What is really sad about this is his loyalty to James Brent has completely blinded him to any attempts at critically evaluating Brent's disastrous - for Argyle, the the park and the city - plan. And just as Newell has never been anything other than all for HHP then neither has any of the other mods. Maybe they really think it is good and maybe they're just too chicken to let their real opinions, if they have any beyond "yes, Ian", be known.

So the notion that Pasoti is genuinely "supporters on the internet" is completely false. What Pasoti really is is a carefully controlled branch of Brent's propaganda machine. Just think of it in terms of what happens when there is a coup somewhere: the rebels always seek to control the airport and the radio station. Well if Argyle is akin to a country then Pasoti is that country's radio station. Newell, Brent & Co during the admin period were the rebels but now they are the government and, as is so often the case, the new government is worse in many ways than the old one.

Pasoti is dead as a platform for rank and file supporters and has been for ages. It is now little more than the tannoy system for James Brent's property developing ambitions and the infamous "your boys took a hell of a beating" comment from the "site manager" provides all the evidence one could require to prove that this is the case. "Your boys". They are not us. They despise us. They want to see us crushed. Just as they want to see all critical appraisal of their failed HHP plan crushed.

It beats the shit out of me why any person rather more supportive of Argyle as a club than Brent as an asset-stripper even bothers to post on it any more. Why support the very germ that is killing you?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:
42!!!???

Fook me, I take it back - he deserves a whole lot more than just a mild pisstake!

lol! 

42 :O i gave him 12 years freeway lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:15 am

FFS, its impossible to have a different opinion on this site without being classed as a pasoti mod loving freak. I dont think my posting history supports this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 am

Rickler, can you clarrify your earlier comment please?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:23 am

SFD has it in a nutshell. However I do have some sympathy for you Womble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:54 am

seadog wrote:
SFD has it in a nutshell. However I do have some sympathy for you Womble.

I'm with this as well, I also think that the young posters should be left out of it all unless they actually have a go at us. If you're 42 then you are a grown up though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 9:56 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Believe me or not as you choose, Womble (and everybody else), but there is no serious dissent allowed within the Pasoti Mod team. None at all. Nothing beyond which shade of green is preferable or whether stripes are good or not or whether Brent is majestically wonderful or wonderfully majestic in all he says and does anyway. And they all know what will happen to them if there is. As a result, to a man, they are all broadly supportive of whatever it is that Brent/Newell is in favour of, they all stood by and allowed a known multi-account set up by Newell to be used to undermine the Trust and they all did the square root of feck all about it other than deny everything and turn a blind eye the cover-up that followed. Since then Newell has, with the backing of "3 high-profile Argyle people" - which he naturally denies but which I know for a fact to be 100% true, bought the keys to the shop and is free to use the multi-accounts he still has as and when he sees fit to corrupt the debate and to bad-mouth individuals.

What is really sad about this is his loyalty to James Brent has completely blinded him to any attempts at critically evaluating Brent's disastrous - for Argyle, the the park and the city - plan. And just as Newell has never been anything other than all for HHP then neither has any of the other mods. Maybe they really think it is good and maybe they're just too chicken to let their real opinions, if they have any beyond "yes, Ian", be known.

So the notion that Pasoti is genuinely "supporters on the internet" is completely false. What Pasoti really is is a carefully controlled branch of Brent's propaganda machine. Just think of it in terms of what happens when there is a coup somewhere: the rebels always seek to control the airport and the radio station. Well if Argyle is akin to a country then Pasoti is that country's radio station. Newell, Brent & Co during the admin period were the rebels but now they are the government and, as is so often the case, the new government is worse in many ways than the old one.

Pasoti is dead as a platform for rank and file supporters and has been for ages. It is now little more than the tannoy system for James Brent's property developing ambitions and the infamous "your boys took a hell of a beating" comment from the "site manager" provides all the evidence one could require to prove that this is the case. "Your boys". They are not us. They despise us. They want to see us crushed. Just as they want to see all critical appraisal of their failed HHP plan crushed.

It beats the shit out of me why any person rather more supportive of Argyle as a club than Brent as an asset-stripper even bothers to post on it any more. Why support the very germ that is killing you?

ATD post of the year so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:09 am

Womble wrote:
FFS, its impossible to have a different opinion on this site without being classed as a pasoti mod loving freak.  I dont think my posting history supports this.

I see your point. Like i said earlier on here, they do the exact same thing on there but in reverse only difference being you can post both sides of the coin on this place without being banned.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:15 am

Can we put a request out to the Farm for everyone to put their ages in their tag line so as to ascertain whether they fall within the parameters of acceptable maturity for taking the piss?  Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:30 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Can we put a request out to the Farm for everyone to put their ages in their tag line so as to ascertain whether they fall within the parameters of acceptable maturity for taking the piss?  Razz

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 11:57 am

I was in the club shop back along and saw that the pasoti polo necks were labeled as official pafc merchandise.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Can we put a request in on here that every thread doesn't go off topic and start mentioning certain people's loss of love with pasoti.

This was supposed to be about the kit not everyone's different views on what you can or cant say on pasoti.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Well... The kit doesn't really matter, does it? I don't much care about it anyway. After all over the years we've had so many changes of shade of green, dominant second colour, sock colour, style... Even the badge has changed more often than Lib Dem official policy on any given issue so none of it matters, much.

What the thread is partly about is the way anybody who is positive about anything, whether that's here or elsewhere really doesn't come into it, gets rounded on and slagged off.

And that in part is because the club propaganda machine never sees anything less than fantastic in anything. Back to the kit it was fantastic that we, the fans, voted and got what we wanted when in effect we were given 3 choices and chose, as far as we could tell, the least bad one. Now we have seen it in the flesh it's rather less popular than we might have assumed it would be.

And this is a pattern that is being endlessly repeated. The grandstand was all set to be a magnificent two-tiered effort. And look what we ended up with. The HHP development is the same but on a bigger scale: we have been promised all sorts and look at what we've ended up with!

And so it goes on and on. Throughout almost every announcement the club makes, look at the team line-ups on Twitter!, we are treated like we're bloody simpletons - and to be fair some of us are.

But slagging off anybody, young or old, for being enthusiastic about their team stinks. Why shouldn't they say something is good if they think it is? I happen to think that for all the skullduggery off the pitch and for all the naked incompetence shown by the HHP plan that Sheridan is doing a good job and getting things close to being right. I fully expect a play-off spot to be ours this season and I hope to see the team promoted automatically and I wouldn't be surprised to see us win the league. So on that front I am very positive but that doesn't mean I'm blind to the games being played or the misinformation being peddled or sheer, naked self-serving hypocrisy exhibited by some.

I just don't care much about the kit. As long as it has mostly green and/or black and white in it I am easy to please.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 pm

The shirt is important - it is the first instantly recognisable branding that any non-Argyle individual with judge the club by.

I have been very fond of the Burton Albion club in recent years. Mainly, their kit looks class, and it reflects on the club and their set up. They manage the top 6 without spending way beyond their means, such as Fleetwood or Crawley. They have a small and basic stadium, but it more than serves their needs. So overall, I have a lot more fondness for them above the majority of other bland League Two clubs.

When a club/team plays in a striking and classy kit, it is a lot easier to be partial to them. If a club will insist on using a sunday league kit, as Argyle have done for too long (and many League 1/L2 clubs do) they come across as a bland and forgettable outfit.

I am grateful Argyle have taken a turn from decades of awful, bland, forgettable kits and come up with something striking and different, if not universally popular. I will be getting a shirt this season and will wear it with pride - for the first time in decades.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Dougie wrote:
....and I'm sorry the shirts are hideous

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Agree. I was expecting smaller green and white stripes.

And they away kit looks even worse [i hope Argyle issue free sunglasses when you buy one of the away shirts  Wink].

Did the designers go out on the piss before they drew up the plans/ideas for these un-interesting football shirts.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 pm

I can't say I've ever worn a football shirt with pride.

For me a shirt ought to be nothing more than a symbol of geographical reference to residence or birth. Or on an international scale, an indication of nationality.

All that aside, anyone over about 25ish who wears football shirts on a regular basis ought to be having a word with themselves in the same way that anyone over 21 who wears Hollister should be subjected to a good beating.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

For me a shirt ought to be nothing more than a symbol of geographical reference to residence or birth. Or on an international scale, an indication of nationality.

All that aside, anyone over about 25ish who wears football shirts on a regular basis ought to be having a word with themselves in the same way that anyone over 21 who wears Hollister should be subjected to a good beating.

I have to agree.

A nice Argyle Polo shirt in the Summer months will suffice, while in the Winter, a nice Argyle Fleece will do.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Ha. Yes, couldn't agree more. Yes, the new designs hideous as "shirts" - but all football shirts are bloody horrible, especially when festooned with the logo of a hydraulic lift company (even Yves St Laurent himself would have had problems working that into a nice shirt), but as football 'kit' they are perfectly passable (ie. they are a way of differentiating yourself from the opposite team).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stripes are Back....   Stripes are Back.... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stripes are Back....
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next