mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
Peggy
mannameadbabe
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Peggy wrote:
Curling is the dog's wossnames. FACT. It should be on telly more.

I want to have a go, but might have to settle for bowling instead.

I had to Google the in and outs of Curling. At first it seemed a bit mundane. Now I understand it a bit better, you're right Peggy - it's rather interesting.

What I found quite exciting so far at Sochi, was the ice hockey (take note Brent) and the BMX version of snowboarding around that circuit.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Kencht, I saw that a bus service runs from Tavistock and gods village is it any good, I have not been to the village for over forty years,(boat trips) is the fish and chip shop is still there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Kencht, I saw that a bus service runs from Tavistock and gods village is it any good, I have not been to the village for over forty years,(boat trips) is the fish and chip shop is still there?

Sadly ..... no longer a fish & chip shop nor a cafe nor any other shop except the single village stores though that is pretty good. There is a vintage clothes & repair shop. There is an Art Gallery and there are several exceptionally good tradesmen who get lots of their business from the village (in fact one of the builders claimed to me that he has never gone out of the village to get work!). There are two pubs that do good pub food & good drink. In fact tomorrow evening I shall be in The Tamar with friends sampling their fish & chips again. The bus service is really good and runs fairly frequently to & from Callington & Tavistock. If you're coming from Plymouth the train may be a better choice.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:02 pm

The bus is free,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The bus is free,

I have only travelled on the bus once and on that occasion, because the machine was broken, all six passengers travelled free. But don't tell anyone. The return train-fare after 9:15 is £5.20.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:34 pm

knecht wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
The bus is free,

I have only travelled on the bus once and on that occasion, because the machine was broken, all six passengers travelled free. But don't tell anyone. The return train-fare after 9:15 is £5.20.

That why the village are losing their bus service, use it or lose it
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 pm

One-third off of that and every other off-peak train fare in Dem and Cornwall if you get a residents' railcard. Innit. Just take some proof of address to the station, fill in a form, give them £10 and it's yours for a year.

#Peggy'sfreeusefulinformationservice
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Peggy wrote:
Curling is the dog's wossnames. FACT. It should be on telly more.

I want to have a go, but might have to settle for bowling instead.

The GB fella's go for Gold tomorrow at 1pm. I'm taping it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:07 am

Peggy wrote:
One-third off of that and every other off-peak train fare in Dem and Cornwall if you get a residents' railcard. Innit. Just take some proof of address to the station, fill in a form, give them £10 and it's yours for a year.

#Peggy'sfreeusefulinformationservice

Thanks Peggy but I have a nation wide disable card, the wife (or companion)and I can travel on any train with a third off for both of us.

If your train is late by more then 30mins you can have a part refund, 1 hour late 50% refund, check on line to find out more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:08 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
No to both.

Had a day at the zoo, a couple of afternoons at a relative's house doing family things (catching up on news, upsetting very young niece  Very Happy , watching some fairy film with slightly older niece  Rolling Eyes ), nice family meal, a morning on Godrington beach and then home.

I wanted to pop to Plymouth but didn't get a chance.

Went to see all your mates in the pets corner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:19 am

Just had an iced ring doughnut, Mum had a danish pastry
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:47 am

Iggy wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
No to both.

Had a day at the zoo, a couple of afternoons at a relative's house doing family things (catching up on news, upsetting very young niece  Very Happy , watching some fairy film with slightly older niece  Rolling Eyes ), nice family meal, a morning on Godrington beach and then home.

I wanted to pop to Plymouth but didn't get a chance.

Went to see all your mates in the pets corner?

Yes, and all my girlfriends.  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:05 am

Professor Hugh Montgomery is on Desert Island Discs today.. Apparently he holds the world record for playing the piano underwater.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am

Having to cope with daughter's friends after they had a sleep over last night. They were chatting till 12.30 am this morning and up at 7.30! They are jumping around, singing and doing things that they do and are bright as buttons. Me, I feel like sh**!  Mad 

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 am

Just watched one of my cats lick the other's arse....... strange creatures - will lay off kissing that one for a while cat 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:26 am

affraid 

Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: We have 5 cats (boys). One (Schrodinger) is homosexual and is trying to turn the kitten to the darkside. Yowling and humping at night.    Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:46 am

mannameadbabe wrote:
Just watched one of my cats lick the other's arse....... strange creatures - will lay off kissing that one for a while cat 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:05 pm

affraid affraid Laughing 

Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:53 pm

I've never heard of a homosexual cat before...... I did have one that used to suckle on my earlobe obsessively.....  cat 
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:06 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
I've never heard of a homosexual cat before...... I did have one that used to suckle on my earlobe obsessively.....  cat 

We've got one of those as well. Under the covers nibbling wife's earlobe, pomping and purring. Armpits on bank holidays.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:33 pm

simao wrote:
mannameadbabe wrote:

We've got one of those as well. Under the covers nibbling wife's earlobe, pomping and purring. Armpits on bank holidays.

My Tyrone would get under the covers with me and try to latch onto something else........ the big ginger monster  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:51 pm

It's raining here and I know a cat the tries to latch on to dubious places but he's not ginger or a monster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 am

bloody ebay wont let me sell some tat... it just seems to be not workin  Mad 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Works OK for me, when I looked earlier on.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Think I'm back posting. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next