Damon.Lenszner
Dane
GreenSam
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Do not forget - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Mike Newell was not there
Dunlop was there and one of those asked to leave
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I'm still interested in the relationship between James Brent and some of the PCC, and how long they have been "friendly" .Long enough to be offering large contracts elsewhere in the city if he bought the club?

I can't

With this new 'quote's system I can't work out how to post Graham Clarkes (excellent) post from Pasoti inside a quote box, but here it is.  It gives you a little insight on how things developed:

Graham Clarke Wrote:

Perhaps I can add some substance from what I know and I have not commented in such detail before..

James Brent became Chairman of the Plymouth City Development Company in early 2008 which was an inward investment company supported by the City Council. His involvement with both sides of the political divide started back then. In late 2010 the Council asked him if he could assist with Plymouth Argyle. By then Keith Todd was promoting his ill fated and unsupported development plans for Home Park and the City owned land around it. I understand that James Brent did meet Keith Todd in late 2010 and determined that with an unfunded wage bill of around £500,000 per month the club was in deep financial trouble. In December 2010 the World Cup bid was unsuccessful and the football club was facing the first of its HMRC winding up petitions. By March 2011 the club was in administration and Ridsdale and Guilfoyle had their hands fully on the tiller.

As administrator Guilfoyle marketed the club but the land allocated for development at Higher Home Park was hamstrung by covenants as part of the original freehold purchase deal that meant the Council was entitled to half the uplift in value of the site. Effectively, in a stressed financial climate this meant that any development deal to assist in financing the future of the football club would require the full assistance of the City Council to implement any alternatives

As Chair of the ISC of the Trust at the time, the Secretary (Peter Ryan) and I had a meeting with the Council Leader, Vivien Pergelly. She confirmed that the Council were in advanced talks with someone who was interested in saving the club. She refused to name the person but asked that if that person was the only person to came forward would the Trust back the Council's attempts to rescue the club. We agreed in principle to do that hence the ISC's support for James Brent, as ONE of the 'bidders' when his interest was declared by Guilfoyle. We knew nothing of his arrangements or agreements with the Council other than the Council's support in principle. There was an expectation that James Brent would be the successful bidder until on the eve of the CVA meeting in May 2011 but he was told by Guilfoyle that he was turning to another bidder who paid for exclusivity. As we know now that was Heaney backed, it is believed, by Abe and Kagami (It was acknowledged off the record that the money was paid from Japan).

By June 2011 it is clear to me and others that the Heaney bid was in difficulties. I, together with Chris Webb and Peter Jones, suggested that a Plan B should formulated. A meeting was held at the Council Offices at which a Contingency Group was formed. At the inaugural meeting were the Council Leader, Vivien Pengelly and James Brent. This is all a matter of record. It was clear to all present that the Council Leader would do all within her power to save the club. None of the Contingency Group had any knowledge about the extent and nature of the discussions between the Council and James Brent.

Guilfoyle, some may recall, publicly ridiculed the Contingency Group and their failure, in his view, to understand what was needed to save the club. Not least the ability to deal with the outstanding mortgage with Lombard which was a major impediment to all interested parties as was the development potential of the HHP land which had restricted covenants in favour of the Council (including the 50% uplift clause).

To save the club, after Guilfoyle suggested it was not possible to achieve,, it was necessary to get 300 signatories to do the Football Creditors deal, get the Football League's agreement to a 5 year repayment plan and get the City Council on board. A failure on any one of those elements within the period of one month given to the new preferred bidder, James Brent, would have meant a failure to save the club. Ax we know the City Council agreed to purchase the football ground, agreed to release the covenants on the land, Lombatd agreed a deal with James Brent that Guilfoyle thought was impossible, the Football League agreed to a ground breaking 5 year repayment plan and James Brent's legal team achieved was was though was impossible all 300 Football creditorsignatories (all I think it was actually 299 as one was still in prison).

All in all it was a remarkable achievement, that was in my personal view, beyond the capabilities of any other bidder within the one month timescale. Much has been made of James Brent's achievements but again, in my view, much more should have been made of the Council Leader's, Vivien Pengelly's determination to save the club ably supported by her Executive officers' ability to implement her wishes. The agreements with James Brent was we know were unanimously supported by the Council Cabinet and ultimately by the Full Council to enable the club to be purchased by the then Green Pilgrim Ltd. and the club to be saved.

These are the facts as I know them. subsequently, as we know it Akkeron won the rights to redevelop and regenerate the Pavilions and adjoining Millbay land as part of a competitive tender, last year, and under a City Council that was in the control of a different political group, Labour, to that had played a lead role in saving the club in the autumn of 2011. Part of that agreement was a requirement to deliver an ice rink on another site within the City which had led to the submission of a planning application at Higher Home Park with an ice rink within it.

I hope that this non emotive contribution, based on the facts as I know and understand them, assists in a greater understanding of the City Council's role in saving the football club which, I believe, has often gone unstated and unappreciated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:02 pm

So Newell didn't go in a group but refers to 'we' and also blames someone else for being oafish. I am assuming that was TGWU. He claims the AFT are supporting the FOCP but it turns out that's not true. Then the usual suspects climb aboard and attack the AFT and demand a statement - these demands were made after the statement they demanded was actually made. Postey doesn't clean up their thread and, when challenged that pasoti/Newell should retract the comments he just sneers that the AFT aren't very good - that's not much of a response is it.
What a mess.
Imagine the FOCP after all this - they'll change their name to the WTFs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks Rickler, so it's pretty safe to say that Mr Brent and PCC could well have discussed other council contracts which might follow if James Brent bought the club.

How interesting. It certainly pisses all over the reluctant bidder bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 pm

There's more than just the HP development. The Pavilions is a massive investment. The Civic Centre site/building is also on the agenda - that could actually be the key deal for PCC influence but nobody has mentioned it much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 pm

The disabled man that stood up to talk was allowed to have his say but was disrupted, and told he was talking absolute rubbish, when he stated that TFOCP were anti PAFC. It just goes to prove that the propoganda machine is well and truly oiled by JB if sheep like this can be so easily led to believe the shite that is spilled to them.
Still nice to meet some new people (Knect and Tgwu among others)
The problem with all of this is that the people of Plymouth just don't seem to be bothered (and in most instances don't even know what is happening) unless it directly affects them. They appear to be so narrow minded and can't see the bigger picture. Details like the fact that being an underground car park it will need plenty of extration systems, which will cause alot of noise. This was pointed out by someone who had come across this problem living in London. Also some other possible problems like the prostitutes of the city (having been driven away from Millbay) will end up in the park with underground carpark and a hotel for clients. There is also the noise that will be developed from the late night cinema showings and eating outlets, as well as the added traffic pollution.
The goons were DEFINATELY asked to leave on more than one occasion (such sad people)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Prostitutes. Ideal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 pm

mcfry wrote:
The disabled man that stood up to talk was allowed to have his say but was disrupted, and told he was talking absolute rubbish, when he stated that TFOCP were anti PAFC. It just goes to prove that the propoganda machine is well and truly oiled by JB if sheep like this can be so easily led to believe the shite that is spilled to them.
Still nice to meet some new people (Knect and Tgwu among others)
The problem with all of this is that the people of Plymouth just don't seem to be bothered (and in most instances don't even know what is happening) unless it directly affects them. They appear to be so narrow minded and can't see the bigger picture. Details like the fact that being an underground car park it will need plenty of extration systems, which will cause alot of noise. This was pointed out by someone who had come across this problem living in London. Also some other possible problems like the prostitutes of the city (having been driven away from Millbay) will end up in the park with underground carpark and a hotel for clients. There is also the noise that will be developed from the late night cinema showings and eating outlets, as well as the added traffic pollution.
The goons were DEFINATELY asked to leave on more than one occasion (such sad people)

Insular, Parochial, Village, i could go on...in any other city these half baked plans would never reach the stage it has now, However in Plymouth............................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:33 pm

It was another idea pointed out by someone involved with moving them out of the Millbay area
But who am I to stop whatever floats your boat Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 pm

mcfry wrote:
Would that be one of the people ejected that Newell is denying ever happened?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Yea Man wrote:
mcfry wrote:

The bloke is such a feckin corrupt liar and a scum-bag to boot, who really listens to what he says?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
mcfry wrote:

The bloke is such a feckin corrupt liar and a scum-bag to boot, who really listens to what he says?
It's strange how Newell now says nobody was ejected yet last night he himself said they were!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Newell at 10:28pm Yesterday wrote:
We were asked to leave, when Dunlop asked how come a FoCP was allowed to ask 2 questions and ARgyle fans were not.

Newell today wrote:
As I thought, no one was ejected, and he laughed at the suggestion.

Make your mind up wanker.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Thanks Rickler, so it's pretty safe to say that Mr Brent and PCC could well have discussed other council contracts which might follow if James Brent bought the club.

How interesting. It certainly pisses all over the reluctant bidder bullshit.

eggs and one basket (case)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Newell at 10:28pm Yesterday wrote:
We were asked to leave, when Dunlop asked how come a FoCP was allowed to ask 2 questions and ARgyle fans were not.

Newell today wrote:
As I thought, no one was ejected, and he laughed at the suggestion.

Make your mind up wanker.

thats tomorrows thought of the day sorted then lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Mr Newell and a number of others WERE asked to leave - initially by the organisers &, when they refused to go, the landlord was called.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Rent a mob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Once again, what an embarrassment for the Club!

I never thought I would see the day that characters representing the Club would seem to have more in common with the TCE than the Green Army.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:40 pm

GOB wrote:

I never thought I would see the day that characters representing the Club would seem to have more in common with the TCE than the Green Army.

Welcome to the world of James Brent
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 pm

hairy j wrote:
Prostitutes. Ideal.

Money making idea for Brent, a sponsored brothel
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:52 pm

knecht wrote:
Mr Newell and a number of others WERE asked to leave - initially by the organisers &, when they refused to go, the landlord was called.
100% Correct
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:29 am

Makes me laugh how the lying porcine one keeps referring to himself and the fellow miscreants who were thrown out as, "THE Argyle Fans"...    Implying, that anyone who wasn't asked to leave, isn't!

And that would include posters on this site and members of the AFT amongst others!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 am

GOB wrote:

Maybe the TCE need to be brought into the "debate", then we'll see how hard Nool & the gang really are. It could be the only way to deal with bullies who think it's clever to storm a FOCP meeting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 am

IsThatHHP? wrote:
GOB wrote:

Maybe the TCE need to be brought into the "debate", then we'll see how hard Nool & the gang really are. It could be the only way to deal with bullies who think it's clever to storm a FOCP meeting.

I'm sorry to be pedantic (that's one of my many skills) but they didn't "storm" the meeting. They simply refused to behave in a way that allowed the meeting to carry on as it should to enable everyone to be heard.

If we don't get the facts right or if we twist them to suit our agendas then we are simply behaving as some on pasoti are behaving. Pot - kettle - black etc.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:47 am

Point well made Knecht, agree 100%. Maybe some of us (well definetely me) need to calm down although as i've said before i detest bullies but yes it's time for composure and a look at the cold, hard facts of the situation we find ourselves in. Time is running out for objections to be sent to the relevant authorities and yes i accept that petty interweb squabbles do not help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do not forget   Do not forget - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do not forget
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next