nzgreen
Damon.Lenszner
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

The Political Campaign Empty
PostSubject: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:43 am

Yesterday I sent the following email to all Labour Councillors:

Ladies and Gentlemen

The Tory Council has built on Central Park against the will of local residents. We will restate our commitment to protect Central Park as ‘Plymouth’s Green Lung’
I am sure I don’t have to remind any of you of the Labour Party Manifesto Pledge above.

Without infringing on Planning rules may I ask for your current commitment that not one blade of PCC owned Green Lung grass is to be sold off, leased or otherwise built on during your term of office.

Your response would be most welcomed.

Many thanks

Damon Lenszner

If anyone wishes to write to the Labour Councillors their email addresses are available on the PCC website.

Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:55 am

Yeah, wouldn't the access road require some park land too? How many blades of grass will that take up? What about the rink and cinema?
Gotta keep the green lung cos that was the reposte to the idea of cottage fields wasn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:59 am

I'm on it, like a pig at a directors box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:02 am

The local Peverell councillors - all three Tory - have been involved in discussions. One of them has taken a particular interest.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:14 am

I think that a coordinated approach is necessary. Hopefully the Trust will take the lead and provide all members with suggestions of actions to be taken, including email addresses of councillors etc.

It is now clear that brent is not for turning and has support from his jamboys and their Aviva tw@tters .

The opposition to these plans would appear to include most thinking and articulate Argyle people, who put the future of the club before personal positioning within it.

Our collective voice will be considerable if there is leadership and a coordinated approach on every front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:41 am

Tringreen wrote:
I think that a coordinated approach is necessary. Hopefully the Trust will take the lead and provide all members with suggestions of actions to be taken, including email addresses of councillors etc.

It is now clear that brent is not for turning and has support from his jamboys and their Aviva tw@tters .

The opposition to these plans would appear to include most thinking and articulate Argyle people, who put the future of the club before personal positioning within it.

Our collective voice will be considerable if there is leadership and a coordinated approach on every front.

This!

Damon's letter is a start though, I will be putting pen to paper and adding to the questions.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:06 am

Another little chunk of Central Park gone - apparently there is now, awaiting approval, a site for a permanent Circus at the Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:28 am

The circus rolled into town a long time ago, and you are saying they don't have permissions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:29 am

Really? Where has that come from Damon?

I think the circus has already rolled into town!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:33 am

Who from the council was responsible for agreeing the contract that Brent builds a new stand with a minimum as low as 3800 seats?

That decision has well and truly shafted the club and I'd like to know who signed it off just so I can make sure that they never get my vote again.

This is such a bad deal for the club, park and city that somebody somewhere should be held to account for it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:33 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Another little chunk of Central Park gone - apparently there is now, awaiting approval, a site for a permanent Circus at the Park.

Cottage Field would be ideal.

And strictly speaking a Big Top is not a permanent building and so the manifesto pledge isn't broken as much as stretched to breaking point.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:36 am

have sent my emails.
Regarding the circus, that seems to have been there permanently at Home Park Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:37 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Who from the council was responsible for agreeing the contract that Brent builds a new stand with a minimum as low as 3800 seats?

That decision has well and truly shafted the club and I'd like to know who signed it off just so I can make sure that they never get my vote again.

This is such a bad deal for the club, park and city that somebody somewhere should be held to account for it.

Yes, that's the name we want. I wonder if our friend and passionate Argyle fan Mr Evans, has an interest?

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:38 am

The Circus has been here many times - it is being given a permanent site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

a circus!!! we have to have a shit stand for a circus! i thought the idea of a circus was to travel around entertaining not standing still and i might be mistake but is a circus even that popular these days to warrant putting a football club in peril for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:37 pm

so Argyle cant have a decent stand built with the future in mind or at least the option to expand it there if need at least Brent has to build a road around two stands which will cause mayhem on match days and squash all his buisness ventures together in the carpark space so...

coco the clown can entertain 40 kids every week on cottage field
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Well we have a clown as a president, it was only a matter of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:15 pm

i have images of this now cheers damon lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi Chaps, had to say goodbye to Pyongyang Central after a decade plus - could not abide the propaganda anymore, so will lay my hat here!!
Although I left Plymouth 34 years ago I still go to Argyle, not sure what can be done to slow this mess down a pace but it will get my vote if needed!!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Welcome Bandy...
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That is a very good question. Was it a council officer? Councillors? Did Brent or someone from the council insist on that clause? Again more questions need asking. This whole saga is full of questions with very little in the form of answers. What fans and citizens of Plymouth are getting is being drip fed very slowly.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Welcome Bandy ( new name already) you will find every thing here. Good debate, crap debate, some hilarious stuff, some sick stuff, some boring stuff, oh and a lot of anti stuff about one or two or three or four or bollocks lost count how many people. That list seems to be growing.

Read what you want, ignore the rest. Easy and we promise not to yawn too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Bandwagon56 wrote:
Hi Chaps, had to say goodbye to Pyongyang Central after a decade plus - could not abide the propaganda anymore, so will lay my hat here!!
Although I left Plymouth 34 years ago I still go to Argyle, not sure what can be done to slow this mess down a pace but it will get my vote if needed!!

Welcome to ATD

A small Island of sanity in a sea of Avivas
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Yep, the educated w@ankers will have a voice. Laughing

Welcome to Bandy as well, about time If I may say so!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

The Political Campaign
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next