Go down 
+3
Rollo Tomasi
Josh Pope
X Isle
7 posters
AuthorMessage

The McCormick PR Campaign Empty
PostSubject: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do they honestly think Exeter fans are going to go easy on him tomorrow due to this an the other interviews he has done on the OS or something?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm

I agree, it's counter productive to even mention it, it just reminds opposition fans about it.

He did what he did and the cross he has to bear is that he'll get chanting wherever he goes. Not going to say he deserves it or otherwise. There's a whole wider issue of rehabilitation and 'there but for the grace of god' rationalisation that negative chanting fans seem to bypass. But on the flip side he did kill two children, I'm sure he'd want to but he can't undo that.

By conducting himself ON THE PITCH as he does he's doing absolutely the right thing. It has never once seemed to phase him and he's never once risen to it. Perfect response.

OFF THE PITCH though, doing interviews about it ain't such a good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:12 pm

X Isle wrote:
I agree, it's counter productive to even mention it, it just reminds opposition fans about it.

He did what he did and the cross he has to bear is that he'll get chanting wherever he goes. Not going to say he deserves it or otherwise. There's a whole wider issue of rehabilitation and 'there but for the grace of god' rationalisation that negative chanting fans seem to bypass. But on the flip side he did kill two children, I'm sure he'd want to but he can't undo that.

By conducting himself ON THE PITCH as he does he's doing absolutely the right thing. It has never once seemed to phase him and he's never once risen to it. Perfect response.

Having met him, he means every word of it. It always annoys me supporters getting on their high horse stuff, meanwhile the boys mother came out with this a few years back "We've had a letter from Luke. It is private, but he has shown remorse and that has helped us"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:25 pm

X Isle wrote:

Just sums up the idiots in the marketing and PR office at Home Park to a tee. there is a Time and place to play the he sooooooo sorry card to attract interest in a game but the day before El Crapico isnt it.

The fact he keeps a very low profile in the media spotlight is the reason i feel that his reaction at away grounds is medium compared to anything like the heat other ex cons get. I rather keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 pm

I thought the interviewer sounded like whatshisname from Spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:48 pm

The fact remains that the club offered Luke the club captaincy and he accepted it. Not either's finest hour and a bit thoughtless.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:35 pm

X Isle wrote:

100% X-Isle. Wrong time completely. Maybe there should never be a time but to just carry on playing as he is.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
I thought the interviewer sounded like whatshisname from Spotlight.
Natalie Corner (ref)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:03 pm

X Isle wrote:

Never one to agree with X but he is right on this one.

McCormick was doing the right thing in keeping a low profile, and the abuse albeit still there was reducing at away games.

If the Scum-bag Sun newspaper pick up on this interview it's back to square 1 for McCormick.

Silly boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:36 pm

He's not exactly come out and said anything controversial has he? He was asked some questions and he gave grounded honest answers.

Think people are overreacting massively. Luke is a really decent bloke and he'll continue a low profile I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

He could've easily declined the interview, why put yourself in the spotlight?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Pitbull wrote:
He's not exactly come out and said anything controversial has he? He was asked some questions and he gave grounded honest answers.

Think people are overreacting massively. Luke is a really decent bloke and he'll continue a low profile I'm sure of it.

thanks for that cobi im sure your endorsement means so much.

ps have you chosen your party for may yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 am

I see you haven't become less of a sarcastic knob my friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:15 am

Pitbull wrote:
I see you haven't become less of a sarcastic knob my friend.

salute salute speak english
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 2:18 am

A BBC interviewer asked him a question. What was he to do, walk out? That would have only enflamed the situation and got people talking even more. It's the BBC looking for clickbait, as they are entitled to do as a news organisation.

Hardly the work of a PR conspiracy to make people feel sorry for Luke.

We all know it'll turn ugly today with some of the chants. Even Argyle wouldn't think an interview like that would seriously have a chance of stopping it.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 am

Whatever way you want to look at it, two young boys lost their lives.

Why appear on TV at all. Just shut up and keep your head down.

As for the 'I've got children of my own now'. Ain't you the lucky one.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:46 am

A lose lose situation for all involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 am

GreenSam wrote:
A BBC interviewer asked him a question. What was he to do, walk out? That would have only enflamed the situation and got people talking even more. It's the BBC looking for clickbait, as they are entitled to do as a news organisation.

We all know it'll turn ugly today with some of the chants. Even Argyle wouldn't think an interview like that would seriously have a chance of stopping it.

funny how its only this game he has done any media work though isn't it.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

funny how its only this game he has done any media work though isn't it.
It isn't. It's just only this game that an interviewer happened to ask him about his time in prison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The McCormick PR Campaign   The McCormick PR Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

The McCormick PR Campaign
Page 1 of 1