HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safe Standing Campaign

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Safe Standing Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 pm

The Argyle Fans Trust has given its full backing to the introduction of safe standing areas in our country’s football grounds, we urge all football fans to please read and give your backing to the following:-

The subject of safe standing at football grounds has been a contentious one amongst supporters, ever since it was brought in after Lord Justice Taylor recommended that terracing be outlawed.

The Trust as an affiliated group of the FSF (Football Supporters Federation) is supporting the current FSF petition for Safe Standing Areas.

We believe that football supporters should have the choice to stand in a Safe Standing area, if they so wish. Stadiums would retain seated accommodation for those who wish to sit.

The campaign for Safe Standing is as much about protecting the freedoms of those who wish to sit as those who wish to stand. By segregating the two groups, everyone benefits. This is why polls have consistently shown a clear majority supporting the choice to stand, even among those who prefer to sit.

The FSF’s National Supporters’ Survey showed that 90% of fans back the choice to stand or sit.

Don Foster MPs’ Safe Standing Bill is due to get its second reading in the House of Commons on 31-03-2012. We need as many football fans as possible to back the FSF's campaign, to give Don Foster's bill as much backing as possible".
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We are in discussions with Argyle the FSF and are also currently attempting to arrange a visit by the safe standing road show where a section of terracing fitted with rail type safe standing barriers with inclusive seats is brought to Home Park.

If you believe and support safe standing, we urge you to do the following;

Firstly sign the FSF online petition for introduction of safe standing areas:

Secondly contact your MP, MEP’s, Local councillors, to express you opinion on safe standing

Write to the FA
mailto:info@thefa.com?subject=I%20back%20the%20FSF's%20Safe%20Standing%20Campaign

Write to The football League
mailto:enquiries@football-league.co.uk?subject=I%20back%20the%20FSF's%20Safe%20Standing%20Campaign

Further information on safe standing at football grounds can be found at the following links:-

Legalities of standing

Aims and Objectives of Safe Standing campaign

Key Designs of safe standing areas

Liberal Democrats official policy on Safe Standing

Many thanks for your support.

If you have any further question or comments please contact

John Demellweek or
Richard Blight

Argyle Fans Trust at

mailto:secretary@argylefanstrust.com

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 pm

This is for league clubs to worry about. Nothing to do with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Well done, will be reading them all and signing them all.

Atmosphere's at these souless all seater bowls is dying, Let stop that.

Thanks very much for this.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 am

Cant see it happening, how many club are gonna adapt their new all seater stands in a reccession ???????
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Greg,

the idea is to give clubs the choice. When some clubs see the possible increase in attendances because people are standing and not sitting,it might well be economically reasonable for them to do it.

As I say the big thing is for clubs to have the choice in the first place.

I hope you've all been to the petition and signed it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Greg,

the idea is to give clubs the choice. When some clubs see the possible increase in attendances because people are standing and not sitting,it might well be economically reasonable for them to do it.

As I say the big thing is for clubs to have the choice in the first place.

I hope you've all been to the petition and signed it.

Done.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 am

RB-I understand the need for choice but surely with clubs squeezed financially at the moment it makes no sense at all to spend on returning to terraces, choice is all well & good but its surely hobson's choice at the moment ????
Clubs arent suddenly going to halve ticket prices beacuse of this.........
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
RB-I understand the need for choice but surely with clubs squeezed financially at the moment it makes no sense at all to spend on returning to terraces, choice is all well & good but its surely hobson's choice at the moment ????
Clubs arent suddenly going to halve ticket prices beacuse of this.........

If it means a better atmosphere and more people attending, it has to be considered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 am

Done

Then the big gay bears on Pasoti can drip all they want about those who sit around their season ticket seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 am

Done. A safe standing area at grounds would improve the atmosphere. Would be the ideal place for the FV crew at Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:45 am

Done
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 am

i like to stand but if the AFC experience is anything to go by then give me a seat, you cant get near the front if your short because of the damn safety area!!!!!
terracing will not return large scale. smaller clubs maybe will revert to it but promtion could bankrupt them if all seater has to be persued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Freathy, I agree with you.

Nothing for Argyle to get worried about for years.

In any event, don't fancy standing; could be an age thing of course.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Campaign   Safe Standing Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Safe Standing Campaign
Page 1 of 1