Sir Francis Drake
Tringreen
nzgreen
Damon.Lenszner
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Political Campaign - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:38 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Hi Chaps, had to say goodbye to Pyongyang Central after a decade plus - could not abide the propaganda anymore, so will lay my hat here!!
Although I left Plymouth 34 years ago I still go to Argyle, not sure what can be done to slow this mess down a pace but it will get my vote if needed!!

Welcome Bandy. Don't worry mate, you won't be banned for having an opinion or not conforming to the Newll and De-Liar North Korean-esque oppression.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:45 am

Quote :

Andy_S wrote:
Hands up all those people, on either side of the argument that have contacted EVERY councillor on the Plymouth City Council informing them that Plymouth Argyle Football Club have...wait for this one...it's a doozy...

stolen ONE FOOT of "the Green Lung".

Oh yes, it's true. One person HAS done this.
IJN wrote:
I think it's 12 foot Andy, but I heard this last night and find it truly unbelievable.

Firstly is it one foot or 12 foot. And more importantly how does this information, one would suggest private information and communications with councillors, become common currency and chit chat between mods and the site owner of Pasoti. Remember the furore when Damon leaked responses from James Brent to the PASB.

I wonder if it is the same kind of plum who sent in complaints to the PCC regarding losing a sea view whislt standing on tippy toe on a chair looking out of a third floor attic window on a clear day in Higher Compton.

Last edited by Dougie on Fri May 17, 2013 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:49 am

That Andy S guy is as thick as pig shit isn't he? Pasoti has a reputation for a bit of double dealing let's say and he admits to knowledge of private correspondence between a local politician and a constituent.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Upside down Andy lol!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
That Andy S guy is as thick as pig shit isn't he? Pasoti has a reputation for a bit of double dealing let's say and he admits to knowledge of private correspondence between a local politician and a constituent.

is this andy soper of the trust we are talking about here?

feck, it does get confusing at times on here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:24 pm

or maybe its just my mind..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Why would Newell worry about someone campaigning for "his" green lung?
As for the campaigning, we are gathering our facts as they are drip fed by Akkeron and when the planning applications are lodged then the "campaign" begins, you ain't seen nothing yet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Iggy wrote:
Why would Newell worry about someone campaigning for "his" green lung?
As for the campaigning, we are gathering our facts as they are drip fed by Akkeron and when the planning applications are lodged then the "campaign" begins, you ain't seen nothing yet!

he couldnt give a shit about the green lung he simply doesnt want to upset his other sugar daddy as he will have to start paying for things at the club if he did.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:45 pm

ijn : "what did you do in the war?"
anybody : "paid to get in to a game"
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:47 pm

To be fair to Nool, I have no doubt he pays his way at the club.

I also have no doubt that this is ONLY so he can curry favour at a later date...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:49 pm

what flavour goes well with pork?
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Upside down Andy lol!

He is losing it.

EJH has just handed the president, IJN, pl2 and Andy_s their arses in a hat, in what must rank as one of the all time top posts ever on that site.

Can't do links on this chuffing phone but its on the Webb thread.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Dougie wrote:
Quote :

Andy_S wrote:
Hands up all those people, on either side of the argument that have contacted EVERY councillor on the Plymouth City Council informing them that Plymouth Argyle Football Club have...wait for this one...it's a doozy...

IJN wrote:
I think it's 12 foot Andy, but I heard this last night and find it truly unbelievable.

Firstly is it one foot or 12 foot. And more importantly how does this information, one would suggest private information and communications with councillors, become common currency and chit chat between mods and the site owner of Pasoti. Remember the furore when Damon leaked responses from James Brent to the PASB.

I wonder if it is the same kind of plum who sent in complaints to the PCC regarding losing a sea view whislt standing on tippy toe on a chair looking out of a third floor attic window on a clear day in Higher Compton.

That reminds me! You know the Co-op bowling green on Efford Road? On the right hand side as you go up through Higher Compton from the Bluebird? They've just built a mini housing estate right next door to the bowling green.

Nothing remarkable about that but the houses on the opposite side of Efford Road used to have a view all the way out over the Sound before they were built.

Besides which there isn't any part of Higher Compton that has a view of Home Park at present but if the new grandstand was built tall enough that could be remedied.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:58 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Upside down Andy lol!

He is losing it.

EJH has just handed the president, IJN, pl2 and Andy_s their arses in a hat, in what must rank as one of the all time top posts ever on that site.

Here it is.

Quote :
You seem to be identifying me individually for insults at JB. Whilst criticising this development and the damaging legacy of the stand, I think with the exception of once (and it was a very minor word at that) I haven't been insulting or offensive to JB at all. It is the actions and the agenda of Brent's circle that are doing the campaign which agitate me, if anything.

I am not exactly proud of the way my posts have descended into squabbles, but when all I can see if the same handful of figures with an agenda pushing argument after argument in why we need to support JB, often contradictory, then of course I will point out the inconsistencies. IJN is the master here - one minute the Friends of Central Park is a militant environmental organisation, and the Trust is jeopardising the development just by inviting them for consultation. Then when the WG recommends the Cottage Field compromise, IJN's reveals his family has long tradition in the Friends of Central Park, every blade of grass is important to him and the whole WG idea sickens him. It goes from branding them a potentially damaging environmentalist group that shouldn't be acknowledged (when they potentially stood in the way of JB's plans) to picking up their exact cause (when it was time to block the WG proposal). Then a while later, we can't build the Mayflower too big, as there is planning restrictions on the height and IJN's parents' view of the Sound from Outland Road will be jeopardised. But in other threads, he is reassuring fans on the capacity issue that we can always demolish the Devonport in the future and rebuild according to our needs - which if we needed 20,000 plus in the Championship - would mean a Devonport twice the height of any other stand at Home Park. There is no explanation as to why both the planners on Plymouth City Council or IJN's parents are comfortable with a towering Devonport in the future, but can't accept a moderate sized Mayflower now. Constant inconsistencies and hypocrisies like that on a daily basis of course need pointing out, and inevitably lead into squabbles - but this is important - and the arguments being used to shoot down the WG proposals, we are supposed to overlook for Brent's reassurances on expansion options for the future.

As for me meeting Brent, it wouldn't be appropriate for several reasons. 1. I don't represent anyone except myself, a grumpy miserable exile who wants better for his club (unlike the Trust leaders, who represent hundreds, are Plymouth based, and have been legitimately elected) 2. I am at the more opinionated end of those who share my views, and these delegations are suited to more ambassadorial characters (John Lloyd for example.) 3. Many of the engineering and technical aspects of the development I haven't studied, whereas others would be more robust on the technical and engineering detail (esmer, Stu Caskey, the individuals on the WG etc.).

You have mentioned about ending the point scoring, the 'agendas' - but what are the agendas from this side? I haven't met anyone in person listed as in my gang by Andy S, haven't spoken to them on the phone even. I haven't met Brent, and have no vested interest in blocking his success as a chairman or whatever fanciful idea you have. So what is my 'agenda'? All I have is a passionate viewpoint - and that is that the stand is not good enough to facilitate the ambitions of this club for the next generations.

But then let's look at your gang, so conveniently painted as the good guys. Half of them are site moderators, which is a bit of an issue really when the mud is being thrown. And what is the 'agenda' there? Constantly sniping at the Trust, the Site Manager even writing to the Herald a very spiteful and baseless letter which he never explained. Constant anti-Trust comments on a daily basis. Extremely personal offensive and I would even call bullying of Damon Lenzsner for reasons I still don't understand. Intimidation of John Petrie, which made him stand down from it all. Constantly referring to Andy Symons like some sort of ogre, with no reasons or explanations as to why. You all know each other personally, referring to phone calls, discussing conversations at games. Most of you have positions either within the club hierarchy, positions on this messageboard, relationships with key figures, seats in the director's box. All totally pro-JB, not a bad word to say about the chairman and everything going on is constantly tickety boo - (even when the club is making losses every month, or struggles on the pitch). Every issue seems to fall along this very basic divide - those who have a status to protect who just happen to see everything exactly as Brent does, his stewardship of the club and vision for the future is always above question. And then there are realists like myself who are looking at the prospect of the club's future with increasing concern, and increasingly find ourselves lumbered in with the Trust which seems to be the only organisation that doesn't play emperor's new robes with JB.

So if you want to discuss agendas and all that - well there you are.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:59 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Upside down Andy lol!

He is losing it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chris Webb wrote:
THE INSULTS

The nastiness, the point scoring. I will say the same as I always do. Have a think about whether you would say the same thing face to face. EJH for example - come and meet JB. I will set it up and you can repeat the same things you've said on here and debate them for real.

Quote EJH

You seem to be identifying me individually for insults at JB. Whilst criticising this development and the damaging legacy of the stand, I think with the exception of once (and it was a very minor word at that) I haven't been insulting or offensive to JB at all. It is the actions and the agenda of Brent's circle that are doing the campaign which agitate me, if anything.

I am not exactly proud of the way my posts have descended into squabbles, but when all I can see if the same handful of figures with an agenda pushing argument after argument in why we need to support JB, often contradictory, then of course I will point out the inconsistencies. IJN is the master here - one minute the Friends of Central Park is a militant environmental organisation, and the Trust is jeopardising the development just by inviting them for consultation. Then when the WG recommends the Cottage Field compromise, IJN's reveals his family has long tradition in the Friends of Central Park, every blade of grass is important to him and the whole WG idea sickens him. It goes from branding them a potentially damaging environmentalist group that shouldn't be acknowledged (when they potentially stood in the way of JB's plans) to picking up their exact cause (when it was time to block the WG proposal). Then a while later, we can't build the Mayflower too big, as there is planning restrictions on the height and IJN's parents' view of the Sound from Outland Road will be jeopardised. But in other threads, he is reassuring fans on the capacity issue that we can always demolish the Devonport in the future and rebuild according to our needs - which if we needed 20,000 plus in the Championship - would mean a Devonport twice the height of any other stand at Home Park. There is no explanation as to why both the planners on Plymouth City Council or IJN's parents are comfortable with a towering Devonport in the future, but can't accept a moderate sized Mayflower now. Constant inconsistencies and hypocrisies like that on a daily basis of course need pointing out, and inevitably lead into squabbles - but this is important - and the arguments being used to shoot down the WG proposals, we are supposed to overlook for Brent's reassurances on expansion options for the future.

As for me meeting Brent, it wouldn't be appropriate for several reasons. 1. I don't represent anyone except myself, a grumpy miserable exile who wants better for his club (unlike the Trust leaders, who represent hundreds, are Plymouth based, and have been legitimately elected) 2. I am at the more opinionated end of those who share my views, and these delegations are suited to more ambassadorial characters (John Lloyd for example.) 3. Many of the engineering and technical aspects of the development I haven't studied, whereas others would be more robust on the technical and engineering detail (esmer, Stu Caskey, the individuals on the WG etc.).

You have mentioned about ending the point scoring, the 'agendas' - but what are the agendas from this side? I haven't met anyone in person listed as in my gang by Andy S, haven't spoken to them on the phone even. I haven't met Brent, and have no vested interest in blocking his success as a chairman or whatever fanciful idea you have. So what is my 'agenda'? All I have is a passionate viewpoint - and that is that the stand is not good enough to facilitate the ambitions of this club for the next generations.

But then let's look at your gang, so conveniently painted as the good guys. Half of them are site moderators, which is a bit of an issue really when the mud is being thrown. And what is the 'agenda' there? Constantly sniping at the Trust, the Site Manager even writing to the Herald a very spiteful and baseless letter which he never explained. Constant anti-Trust comments on a daily basis. Extremely personal offensive and I would even call bullying of Damon Lenzsner for reasons I still don't understand. Intimidation of John Petrie, which made him stand down from it all. Constantly referring to Andy Symons like some sort of ogre, with no reasons or explanations as to why. You all know each other personally, referring to phone calls, discussing conversations at games. Most of you have positions either within the club hierarchy, positions on this messageboard, relationships with key figures, seats in the director's box. All totally pro-JB, not a bad word to say about the chairman and everything going on is constantly tickety boo - (even when the club is making losses every month, or struggles on the pitch). Every issue seems to fall along this very basic divide - those who have a status to protect who just happen to see everything exactly as Brent does, his stewardship of the club and vision for the future is always above question. And then there are realists like myself who are looking at the prospect of the club's future with increasing concern, and increasingly find ourselves lumbered in with the Trust which seems to be the only organisation that doesn't play emperor's new robes with JB.

So if you want to discuss agendas and all that - well there you are.

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Bleddy amateur.

He forgot to mention Andy_S is a life long friend of NIIIKKKK.

edit to add. Nobody should be quoting square footage of green land lost yet.

The drip feed that matchday traffic may avoid the Lyndhurst concourse by going all around the Ice Rink and Hotel to arrive outside the away turnstiles could result in a very significant incursion.

At present there is an emergency access track on the plans shown in outline rather than grey like rest of roads. This will result in a hairpin bend to get into underground carpark. It should require a significant turning circle or mini-roundabout.

Last edited by green_genie on Fri May 17, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

answering my own questions, its symons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Nailed it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:43 pm

I love it Very Happy

There will be PM's and phone calls and e-mails flying around Pyonyang desperately wanting to know what the reply should be lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Angry Andy Soper trying a new song after being told Damon and Richard Blight are much better guitar players than him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Dougie wrote:
Quote :

Andy_S wrote:

IJN wrote:

Anyone want to ask Angry Andy where he got the information? Could be fun to see him back-tracking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Quote :

Andy_S wrote:

IJN wrote:

Anyone want to ask Angry Andy where he got the information? Could be fun to see him back-tracking Very Happy
The thing is, and this where there is clear distinction between the Argyle sites, posters on pasoti don't generally see these things. It's actually the stand out issue. Who cares if someone has complained that's their right afterall it's not going to kill the deal what people should be bothered about is the leak and the source of the leak.

It's even weakened further considering how Damon was rounded on for quoting James Brent's email to PASB.

And they complain that other people have agendas. You couldn't make it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Quote: However, Brent noted that Argyle was also a regional club for Devon and Cornwall with a strong brand. (It is also the most popular club on the Isles of Scilly, but getting to a match would involve being away for 48 hours). And as he admitted, 'There is a lot to do still to stabilise this club. We'll look to bring further investment in. :Quote.

What on earth has this got to do with any thing? If the people of this fair city were polled it would probably turn that man u where the most popular club in Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

To clear up the confusion. Andy_S on pasoti is Andy Soper. Pasoti Mod and resident of New Zealand.

Andy Symons is Chair of the AFT. He is NOT Andy_S on pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Newell doesn't like him, so he can't be all bad. They both call me an odious toad lol!

Is Andy Symons still chums with Cerbera ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Political Campaign   The Political Campaign - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Political Campaign
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next