Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)

Go down 
+11
Richard Blight
pepsipete
Czarcasm
Tringreen
Elias
Mapperley, darling
Mock Cuncher
lawnmowerman
Lord Tisdale
Dane
shonbo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I have had to listen to my plastic neighbour singing "Championees" for the last hour at the top of his voice. He talks like a janner, eats pasties, lives in janner city and more likely has not set foot in Manchester more than a couple of times in his life. I want to pop around and remove his starboard nacker with a rusty knife followed very quickly by his port one. I absolutely hate people like him. Apart from that he is quite a nice chap. That's more likely due to the obvious labotamy he had in early life.

Isn't this the neighbour who lent you his lawnmower when yours brokedown sensible.........it could of been worse you know......Man C or Liverpool or Chelsea could be the champions.
Back to top Go down

Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:14 pm

No it wasn't him Zyph and no it would not have been worse. At best it would have been the same. 8 year olds I can forgive picking the top side but he is 40+ and cannot be forgiven so easily.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Is that your IQ? Smarter than I thought then.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:49 pm

20 years since you last saw your own penis I expect.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:46 am

Insecure but essentially non footballing people, have to be associated with winners.

Dimwtted people, just have to be involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 am

peter jones telling fans to support man utd may have been the worse PR stunt there has ever been

why did it not make the papers!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I have had to listen to my plastic neighbour singing "Championees" for the last hour at the top of his voice. He talks like a janner, eats pasties, lives in janner city and more likely has not set foot in Manchester more than a couple of times in his life. I want to pop around and remove his starboard nacker with a rusty knife followed very quickly by his port one. I absolutely hate people like him. Apart from that he is quite a nice chap. That's more likely due to the obvious labotamy he had in early life.

But I ask who is happier you with your unswerving support of the mighty groans or your lobotomised neighbour who couldn't give a monkeys for Argyle ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:22 pm

I have no need to see my penis Dane I know where it is and don't have to feel for it every few seconds.

It's a false happiness HD. I follow the Greens because I come from here and it is my home town club. To forge an affinity to something miles away I can only watch on a little box mostly is for me a bizaar ideal. Exactly what affinity there can be to that I just don't know. I enjoy the going to football bit and find myself detatched when it is on the box even when it is occasionally Argyle. He thinks he's happier but it is hardly a challenge to nail your colours to an already successful mast it's just bandwagon jumping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I have no need to see my penis Dane I know where it is and don't have to feel for it every few seconds.

It's a false happiness HD. I follow the Greens because I come from here and it is my home town club. To forge an affinity to something miles away I can only watch on a little box mostly is for me a bizaar ideal. Exactly what affinity there can be to that I just don't know. I enjoy the going to football bit and find myself detatched when it is on the box even when it is occasionally Argyle. He thinks he's happier but it is hardly a challenge to nail your colours to an already successful mast it's just bandwagon jumping.

I don't believe this SG but you are spot on Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Why does he only have to watch it on tv. He could go to the ground if he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

He is yeah. affraid

I've got massive respect for fans of teams like Stockport, Walsall, Bury, Tranmere, Brentford Barnet etc. Teams within spitting distance of big clubs that they could quite easily almost legitimately lay claim to being a fan of, on the grounds of geography. Can you imagine if Argyle were in the shadow of a big Premier club? I reckon we'd struggle to pull 3,000!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Happy Daze wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

He is yeah. affraid

I've got massive respect for fans of teams like Stockport, Walsall, Bury, Tranmere, Brentford Barnet etc. Teams within spitting distance of big clubs that they could quite easily almost legitimately lay claim to being a fan of, on the grounds of geography. Can you imagine if Argyle were in the shadow of a big Premier club? I reckon we'd struggle to pull 3,000!

Yeah, but we're in the shadow of Exeter and look what we manage!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Compared to Bury, Stockport, Walsall etc, Exeter or Torquay is quite a jaunt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 pm

I knew that figure of 20 was your IQ Dane. Doh!!!! He doesn't go to the ground though does he cause it's fecking hundreds of miles there and back. It's the same with all these plastic supporters. They may make a pilgrimage once every 5 years or so as a treat but for the rest of the time they watch it on the little box. He is a janner with no conection with Manchester or anything north of even Bristol. Even his dad is a janner so no help with the argument there either.

I salute anyone who supports their home town team whether premiership or football league. I have no time for anyone who "picks" a club at random because it is successful and only for that reason. I do however forgive the very young as long as they grow up eventually to know better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Once upon a time my job took me around lots of primary & secondary schools in North Oxfordshire. I got fed up seeing kids wearing Liverpool or Man U shirts.

Me: Who's your favourite player?
Pupil: Errrr....

Then one day I went into a classroom in a big Comp and was astounded to see a Plymouth Argyle scarf!!!! That kid was a brave hero.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 pm

We had a bloke in work who came from Bristol and had lived in Plymouth for the last 10 years. He was always pissing people off rabbiting on about Manure. There was a big topographical map of Britain on the wall. It showed all the features of the country but no towns or cities.

He pissed me off that much one day, I asked him to go and point to Manchester on the map. He put his finger on Leeds!!!

When everybody else fell about laughing he tried to dig himself out of the shit by claiming he was close. So I said is Manchester in Lancashire or Yorkshire. " Lancashire of course" he said. So I said " so not only do you not know where Manchester is, you think Lancashire is on the eastern side of the Pennines. Where's Yorkshire then?"

I shit you not, he said " where's the Pennines?"

It shut him up for weeks.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 pm

You cruel person you. Mocking the man! Very Happy

Whenever I say I support Argyle, the look on peoples faces is one of pity and a low Ohhh!.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 pm

But you do live in BERKshire Mouldy.........
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Errrr, Royal Berkshire please!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Bleedin furriner
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 pm

I do have some cornish blood in me!

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I knew that figure of 20 was your IQ Dane. Doh!!!! He doesn't go to the ground though does he cause it's fecking hundreds of miles there and back. It's the same with all these plastic supporters. They may make a pilgrimage once every 5 years or so as a treat but for the rest of the time they watch it on the little box. He is a janner with no conection with Manchester or anything north of even Bristol. Even his dad is a janner so no help with the argument there either.

I salute anyone who supports their home town team whether premiership or football league. I have no time for anyone who "picks" a club at random because it is successful and only for that reason. I do however forgive the very young as long as they grow up eventually to know better.

I know a few who have season tickets for united and live in Plymouth. Was looking into one myself yesterday, 703 pounds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Well feck off and join them then Dane. I wouldn't go if you gave me a season ticket free and a taxi there every home game. Which part of Manchester do you come from by the way?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 am

I don't think you are judge, jury and executioner. So I'll go to what ever game I want. If I wanna go to united once or 18 times a season I will. Likewise argyle. So wind ya neck in grandad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)   Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ooh! Aah! Cantona! (join in and improve club relations the peter jones way)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next