Freathy
Tringreen
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:11 pm

As things started to unwind catastrophically at the club in the latter part of the Stapleton years, Peter Jones was very vocal about where he thought the problems lay. He regularly communicated with the supporter base on a wide range of issues when he was out of office, why then doesn't he communicate now he's back in a position of first hand knowledge and influence?

Where are you Peter Jones?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 pm

He'll look at that squad and know damn well how piss poor it is.

I'm not really sure what he can or should be saying in this position.

Saying it like it really is, will only create a rift in the Boardroom. But unlike Webb, he is very aware that trying to dress it up as anything other than a shambles will only make him look silly.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 pm

I thought this as well.

It's almost as if nobody is taking our situation particularly seriously.

Everyone's grateful to still have a club blah blah blah, but at some stage we can't rely on last seasons excuses for being crap. We're either a professional football club from top to bottom, or we're just another continuation of the same old shit the fans have had for best part of 5 years.

Somebody please at Argyle show some concern and communicate it to the fans.

The President is taking an awful lot of the flak directed at the club because at least he has the balls to say something, even if it's the same enthusiastic tub thumping every week.

I wonder if James Brent realises how pissed off the fanbase is? If not then maybe less than 5k against Northampton might open his eyes.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 pm

If you stand still you go backwards
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:48 am

Saltash green wrote:

There's something we can agree on .

That was the Pasoti Politburo backed Trust in Stape's mantra................. how happy we are to be an established Championship side, wetting ourselves going to Newcastle and the Baggies !

It doesn't work like that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:06 am

One of the things PJ said to me in his dissemination PMs of what was going on in the latter stages of the *****wallet regime was that the ultimate aim of selling the players -SEB, Norris, Buz etc - was to bring in people (the japs, todd, gardner etc) to eventually set up and run a property development company with a football club merely bolted on. As we all know he was completely against this. But as far as I can see it's the same situation now.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:21 am

Tringreen wrote:
Saltash green wrote:

If you stand still, you stand... erm... erm... you stand still don't you?

James Brent has one single decision to make and that's to let Fletcher go - pay up his contract and get someone with experience in. We don't need new players or loanees in - the biggest and most important signing would be a new manager and it's vital. If the club continue under Fletcher, we'll either get relegated or we'll be lucky and scrape survival for another year but as we learnt in the Championship, if you struggle year on year, you'll get relegated. Fletcher seems a nice bloke and I don't think anyone can doubt his commitment but unfortunately, that commitment doesn't win games.

Non-league football (although Brent has a plan for that apparently) would be an absolute disaster for this football club.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 am

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Saltash green wrote:

If you stand still, you stand... erm... erm... you stand still don't you?

James Brent has one single decision to make and that's to let Fletcher go - pay up his contract and get someone with experience in. We don't need new players or loanees in - the biggest and most important signing would be a new manager and it's vital. If the club continue under Fletcher, we'll either get relegated or we'll be lucky and scrape survival for another year but as we learnt in the Championship, if you struggle year on year, you'll get relegated. Fletcher seems a nice bloke and I don't think anyone can doubt his commitment but unfortunately, that commitment doesn't win games.

Non-league football (although Brent has a plan for that apparently) would be an absolute disaster for this football club.

Standing still in any sport/business means your staff/customers become bored and look for ambition/better product elsewhere. So effectively you drift backwards, or worse still as at Argyle, go into freefall.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:01 am

I'm sure Peter Jones will comment when he feels the time is right . Having met him a few times I can say he is a great bloke and we couldn't have anyone better involved in the running of our Club .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:06 am

greengenes wrote:
I'm sure Peter Jones will comment when he feels the time is right . Having met him a few times I can say he is a great bloke and we couldn't have anyone better involved in the running of our Club .

You've clearly looked into his eyes. I've heard different.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 am

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Oh dear "that old line " again . Do you just talk endlessly in cliches ? I've spoken to him personally a few times and heard him speak from the heart at various meetings and the man bleeds Argyle .
If you've heard different then reveal it instead of constantly hiding behind innuendo and sniping away .

I repeat - we couldn't have a better man in the Boardroom . Why can't you accept that not everything is bad ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 am

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Oh dear "that old line " again . Do you just talk endlessly in cliches ? I've spoken to him personally a few times and heard him speak from the heart at various meetings and the man bleeds Argyle .
If you've heard different then reveal it instead of constantly hiding behind innuendo and sniping away .

I repeat - we couldn't have a better man in the Boardroom . Why can't you accept that not everything is bad ?

Let's just say for one so critical of Stapleton and co., and in turn criticised by the farm Politburo, he now seems to have closed ranks with those people. Almost certainly looking after number one and if there are casualties , who have contributed freely to the club for years but are not flavour of the month with the dynamic duo, so be it.

It will all come out eventually, it always does.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:27 am

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

lol! Not that you deal in hackneyed cliches at all,of course.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:31 am

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Let's just say for one so critical of Stapleton and co., and in turn criticised by the farm Politburo, he now seems to have closed ranks with those people. Almost certainly looking after number one and if there are casualties , who have contributed freely to the club for years but are not flavour of the month with the dynamic duo, so be it.

So nothing of substance to say then . You know nothing yet use innuendo to try and undermine peoples opinion of a decent bloke . You hide behind that innuendo and throw mud hoping some sticks .
Tiresome dear boy . Tiresome . ( I can do cliches as well ).

You say he "seems" to have closed ranks etc . again its just your perception nothing more ."Amost certainly" etc - again nothing definitive .

You aren't sure of what you are saying but hope its accepted as fact .
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:33 am

Greenskin wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

lol! Not that you deal in hackneyed cliches at all,of course.

Of course I do . See my post back to Tringy . My point is Tringy uses the same lines over and over again .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:37 am

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

So nothing of substance to say then . You know nothing yet use innuendo to try and undermine peoples opinion of a decent bloke . You hide behind that innuendo and throw mud hoping some sticks .

You say he "seems" to have closed ranks etc . again its just your perception nothing more ."Amost certainly" etc - again nothing definitive .

Without wishing to sound pompous, I do have a decent track record when it comes to seeing through the crap. If you can't understand what I was inferring, I'm not surprised you have such trust in all the wrong people.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 am

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Without wishing to sound pompous, I do have a decent track record when it comes to seeing through the crap. If you can't understand what I was inferring, I'm not surprised you have such trust in all the wrong people.

Name "the wrong people" . Go on name them .
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:39 am

You may not like it GG but Tring is 100% right, your memory seems as short as one or two members of the junta.

It wasn't that long ago that PJ was being stabbed in the back by those he now seems to stand shoulder to shoulder with, the club is showing the same traits as it did under Stapleton and the words that PJ wrote in allllll those pm's and emails to everyone and anyone to promote the Stapleton dispute now seem ever so hollow!
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 am

GOB wrote:
You may not like it GG but Tring is 100% right, your memory seems as short as one or two members of the junta.

It wasn't that long ago that PJ was being stabbed in the back by those he now seems to stand shoulder to shoulder with, the club is showing the same traits as it did under Stapleton and the words that PJ wrote in allllll those pm's and emails to everyone and anyone to promote the Stapleton dispute now seem ever so hollow!

We see things different thats all . I happen to see good in some people and form my own opinions . I am worried about this season and did say last season it would take years for the Club to get back on its feet so i guess I am a little surprised at my own impatience . Any way - Semper Fidelis !
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 am

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Name "the wrong people" . Go on name them .

Don't be silly, my dear old thing. We all know who the 'wrong people' are. They hide behind names like Deepthroat and Windsor Boy. They try to present as passionate and caring individuals, when in reality they'll compromise and seek to destroy anyone who tries to stop them having a free ride , and all with the support of people like yourself.
They may well have Argyle in their blood, we all do, but their personal ambition and underhand scheming, is apparent to any but the dim.
They are not fit to lead, either intellectually or morally, unless the state is totally corrupt to the core.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:57 am

greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

We see things different thats all . I happen to see good in some people and form my own opinions . I am worried about this season and did say last season it would take years for the Club to get back on its feet so i guess I am a little surprised at my own impatience . Any way - Semper Fidelis !

Yes of course you do GG, your silence during the deepthroat campaign was noted as was your sudden lack of interest to use ATD when the Newell Files became public. We definitely see things differently GG.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 am

At the Special Cherry Tree Cabal, that was attended by Messrs Brent, Jones & Cowdery, Peter Jones made very clear that his view was it had been either the owner we currently have or oblivion.

That may inform his present stance. In addition his silence may also mean that behind the scenes things are developing nicely within the parameters that have been set. I would also hope that he is being loyal to the board of which he is a member. That would be the honourable thing to do until things begin to fall apart. There is no indication that this is happening yet. Who knows? We certainly don't.

(And, to step off topic, GG in my opinion it is always good to see challenging viewpoints on here and as you are aware I have welcomed and encouraged you to stay on a number of occasions. But it is a pity that criticism of ATD's stance is all you do. There is a lot to do with the club, the hangers-on, the management and the team that comes in for criticism on here - you seem happy with all of it.)

Last edited by knecht on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:59 am

Have a nice day Tringy . I don't have the time now . Till next time dear boy . Must go and live in the real world with the family before I get in trouble . toodle Pip dear thing .
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:00 am

knecht wrote:
At the Special Cherry Tree Cabal, that was attended by Messrs Brent, Jones & Cowdery, Peter Jones made very clear that his view was it had been either the owner we currently have or oblivion.

That may inform his present stance. In addition his silence may also mean that behind the scenes things are developing nicely within the parameters that have been set. I would also hope that he is being loyal to the board of which he is a member. That would be the honourable thing to do until things begin to fall apart. There is no indication that this is happening yet. Who knows? We certainly don't.

At last ! Some decent common sense ! Well said mate .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:02 am

greengenes wrote:
Have a nice day Tringy . I don't have the time now . Till next time dear boy . Must go and live in the real world with the family before I get in trouble . toodle Pip dear thing .

Ha ha ! You must get your Aviva arse out here one day. I'll get the kindling ready.

ps just out of interest, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you trust the *integrity of the dynamic duo ?

* by that I mean, not to lie, cheat and bully women.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next