26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:48 am

Has a pop at the fans in todays Indy;

"Everyone wants a good squad and for the club to finance that,which is obviously at the core of what we do as a product.At the same time,there is understandable concern at the time it takes to turn the club around from being in a loss making situation to breaking even and then moving on from that and maybe even building a reserve,which would be nice.But if we get anything less than 7000 for todays game,then i will be terribly disappointed.Wimbledon on Tuesday night was the kind of match which Paul Sturrock would have described as a brilliant biting and scratching draw,the kind that gives you a chance of going up.The product is now so much better than even a year ago,yet we have got 3900 season ticket holders,less than two years ago and our crowds are about 6500.This is not a whinge -we have to make our case.But it is up to the supporters as well to make the case because what is really going to drive this club forward is when we get 7000-8000 people.One thing i dread is to be live on Sky against Portsmouth and everyone around the country can see rows and rows of empty seats because Plymouth can't be bothered to get out and see the great game against our traditional rivals..We do everything we can and we can always be better but we would like a bit more support from Plymouth to be honest with you."

I suppose another memory from the Sturrock era would be that gates were running approximately 2000 per game less than currently is the case but that didn't stop Argyle from having a record breaking season-very surprised that Mr Jones didn't mention that,seeing he was on the Bof D at the tiime.What exactly do people expect-that the 6 years of shite endured by the public of Plymouth should somehow equate to the support enjoyed by Pompey,who just happened to win the FA cup,played against inter Milan in europe etc? He certainly seemed to have changed his tune since his anti Stapleton days when he maintained that the reasons given by the incumbent board for the sale of our best players in 2007 [ie the comparatively low gates of the time] were nonsense.The directors should consider themselves lucky that the gates have held up so well in view of the "product" on the pitch in recent times and still represent an admirable base in this division compared to most clubs.I do hope these remarks aren't the presage to the sale of one or two of our better players in January-Mr Jones will know only too well that Argyle's gates will crescendo after Christmas should a genuine promotion push be maintained.Stop playing the apathetic janner card and get on with it- a very disappointing contribution from Mr Jones.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:56 am

What more do you expect? The club board run around with their fingers in their ears denying and ignoring the rift in the fanbase caused by the club President, Brent's chauffeur and their allies. In fact hasn't PJ joined in on the online attacks hiding behind a multi account?
It's simple PJ, get rid of The One, get rid of Nool and his cronies and announce something that the fans can get excited about. You and Brent have treated the fans with contempt ever since you have returned, Brent will never be accepted by a significant portion of the fans, time to move on now.
What the board are ignoring is the fact that it's not only success on the pitch that counts, in my fifty years as an Argyle fan I have supported the club through good times and bad, I have been in sell out crowds and crowds of 2,500, it's the feeling that the club belongs to a property developer that sticks in my craw and is why I don't attend as often as I and the club would like.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:02 am

Argyle has brilliant support home and away .
Back to top Go down
argyle_till_i_die

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:06 am

What a feckin patronising article. Can't believe people in Plymouth put up with this shit. Clearly a guy who is living in the past.

People have voted with their feet. It's no different to tesco, a coffee shop or another business. When the product is deemed good enough or people have the disposable income, they will return.

Also about people watching the pompey game on tv. That's business, take the rough with the smooth when it comes to tv rights. Football sold it's soul many years ago.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:16 am

I'm not returning to home park until Brent, Webb, Newell and the rest of this vermin have gone from the positions they currently hold.

Add that to your little dossier Jonesy baby.

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:16 am

Shut your feckin mouth Duchess.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:31 am

Don't see anything wrong with his comments, personally.

Argyle has the potential to be a big club. The size of Portsmouth, Norwich, Middlesbrough or Cardiff, but the club perennially refuses to fulfil it.

A city of more than 250,000, with the considerable support the Cornish and Devonian towns also provide, means that roughly 4,000 supporters out of a city of 250,000 can even be bothered to walk out of their door and go to a home match now.

'It's the football, it's terrible'. No it isn't. This is our best team for many a season and we play some quality football at times.

'Fans want to see winning football! They will only come back when the team bucks up its ideas.' 5 wins in the last 7 league matches - not exactly a bunch of hopeless losers?

'It's Brent and his corrupt circle of henchmen, supporters won't go until they all leave'. 75% of janners wouldn't know Brent if he walked past them on the street, let alone hate him enough not to patronise his enterprises.

If you were running this club and getting criticised for not delivering a stadium capable of capacities of more than 20,000, when you still have the balloon payment at the forefront of your mind too, would you not be more than slightly peeved that the major sports team of a city of more than 250,000 people can only attract crowds of 6,000 WHEN WINNING?

The best way that Argyle can improve and develop is to get MORE FANS turning up and paying their £20.

I'm no fan of this board, but they have done all they can to get the club up and running again. How much better is this team, and its players, from the shit that Fletcher had to manage? Vast improvements in every single position on the pitch. The board are improving the standard - so why are attendances lower, if anything, for Sheridan's good team, than Fletcher's non-league journeymen and kids?

More fans > better players > success > better stadium plans

For once let's stop encouraging dissent about the board and manager and as a public support this team.

Last edited by ejh on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:33 am

Feck off, that's all.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:35 am

Who wants to pay £20+ for league two football when they can pay a couple of quid more and watch premier league football?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:38 am

Yea Man wrote:
Who wants to pay  £20+ for league two football when they can pay a couple of quid more and watch premier league football?

Because it's our team and our club that's why.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:46 am

gasser9 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Who wants to pay  £20+ for league two football when they can pay a couple of quid more and watch premier league football?

If you've got money to chuck away good for you.

I'll save the £100 plus it costs on tickets and fuel and watch a high quality match much closer to home for half the cost.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:52 am

gasser9 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Exactly.

If they opened up Home Park for free, we wouldn't get a sell out. The interest isn't there, and therefore cutting ticket prices to £15 wouldn't work. It would mean for the large part, we'd lose £5 on every ticket sold, negated by the few hundred people who find £15 an acceptable price but are not prepared to pay £20. The club would lose money.

£20 is the perfect balance between what the hardcore 6,000 will pay to support their team, without going too high to reduce crowds, or pricing too cheap to lose money.  

What we need to do now is encourage the next bracket of Argyle supporters, who aren't interested in paying £20 to watch average football, to come back and pay the £20 to watch good winning football.

Get our attendances back to near the 8,000 mark, and bring the mentality back to the club that we are too big to be at this level, with good confident performances like yesterday and continuing our imperious home form.

Last edited by ejh on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:56 am

Yea Man wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

If you've got money to chuck away good for you.

I'll save the £100 plus it costs on tickets and fuel and watch a high quality match much closer to home for half the cost.

So it's the £20 matchday ticket that's the deal breaker in your '£100+' costs watching Argyle?

Bring the tickets down to a tenner for you, and you'd still moan it costs you £90 a game to watch Argyle.

The ticket price has no major bearing on it - you clearly live far too far from Home Park to travel regularly, but somehow have turned that into a principled stand against Brent's ticket pricing.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:03 am

I'd rather pay £20 to watch Argyle, my home town club than any other team in the world and I'm not joking. I wouldn't want to go and watch premier league primadonnas even if it was free. That aside, Jones can STFU, he should think himself lucky 6k+ still bother to turn up after the shit on offer over the last 6 or 7 seasons.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:11 am

Another thing for Superfan Jones to remember is Brent selling Hourihane for a pittance how is that showing ambition? if Jones and his boss want the fans to get behind the club then show some Real Intent by building a proper grandstand and signing up the loan stars for the rest of the season, if they go the team is back to struggling again.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:25 am

I'd be more willing to fork out the money if we were playing at a high standard of league and playing quality teams and not playing in a poxy division which we should never be playing in in the first place.

£20+ is a ridiculous cost to pay for a league of such poor standard.

£10 is perfectly reasonable to expect to pay for a team that is playing in the lowest league in the football league pyramid.

£15 for league one, £20+ for Championship and so on.

The fact we have a cancer currently infesting this club which needs removing just adds to the refusal to pay a penny to Brent.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:43 am

People will come but when success is likely trophies/High octane games , this 'winning football' is really a smoke screen.
winning football ? Its a brentism , jones should know better actually how much have you put in jones ?.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 am

This is how rubbish this club is run, A supporter went to the supperstore to buy his son a shirt (get in early for a xmas )Could not sell him one with the boys name on the back because they did not have any I's.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:48 am

Always good for a laugh when club owners talk about the 'product' ! :@

Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Typical of the sort of people running football clubs. They can't wait to tell you that 'football is a business now', but when they are struggling it's always the fans (sorry, 'customers') fault. Can you imaging Tesco blaming the general public for their drop in sales?

Argyle have the 3rd largest attendance in the league, despite a modest set of performances until very recently. We get over double what half the clubs in this league get. Blaming low crowds might have been a valid excuse when we were in the Championship playing the likes of Leeds United and Newcastle, it doesn't really wash when you are up against Accrington and Morecambe every week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Someone tell Jones that he'll continue to see rows and rows (and blocks and blocks actually) of empty seats. Why? BECAUSE HIS FECKIN ADMINISTRATION HAS SEEN FIT TO CLOSE DOWN HALF THE FUCKIN GROUND.

TWAT!
Back to top Go down
Hitch

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Peter Jones - the fan who hasn't actually paid for a season ticket since at least 2000. Anybody who has actually paid on the day just once has invested more in club than he has.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:16 pm

Thing is we all know hes talking crap but many will hang on his every word !
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:19 pm

may aswell told us to piss of an support man utd
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Argyle had the second highest attendance in their Division yesterday, and higher than 8 clubs in the next division.

The only people who have cause for complaint are the fans. According to FFP Rules, the fans are funding the club that should be spending more than nearly every other club in the division, on the team

This clearly is not the case.

The question that should be asked is not "where are all the fans?" but "Where is all the fans money going?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peter Jones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next