Charlie Wood
Rickler
GreenSam
Czarcasm
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The New Grandstand - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Which makes this famous post by Nool even more ridiculous and shows how sh#t he is at character judgement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Original title was "This man JB the lan developer" Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Dingle wrote:
I have no objection whatsoever to James Brent making a fortune via property development. God knows, Plymouth of all places could do with some good news re employment and raising of its profile.

There are two things that do concern me though. Firstly, why the need for all this development in Central Park (and the roads needed to get to the buildings). Why can't at least some of this development be included in the plans for the bottom of the city centre - an area crying out for improvement.

The other disappointment is that James Brent promised so much - fan involvement, transparency et al, yet as time goes on it seems that these words were used as a smokescreen for his true ambitions.

to be fair he is rebuilding the pavillions and that area (To Date that is still going on)

James is here to make a buck and that wouldnt bother me if he was serious with his ambitions for the club. But when he is keeping ill suited people in jobs they simply cant do (fletcher) that seriously hamper the club's chances of growth on the pitch, selling "star" players because they cost too much and surrounding himself with men who care more about their ego's than the good of the club its hard to think he really cares.

Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Is there any mention of this 'public' consultation meeting on Pasoti?

If the powers that be genuinely think it will prove a popular idea, why isn't the scheme being greeted with a fanfare, a President's Progress, an interview on Radio Devon rather than being drip-fed to the plebs in this manner. Or have I missed something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Dingle wrote:
Is there any mention of this 'public' consultation meeting on Pasoti?

If the powers that be genuinely think it will prove a popular idea, why isn't the scheme being greeted with a fanfare, a President's Progress, an interview on Radio Devon rather than being drip-fed to the plebs in this manner. Or have I missed something?

What you're missing is that the school isn't going to have very much to do with the club. It will be nearby. It will also be very small - school is a bit misleading. Thre was something called The Pilgrim Centre inside the ground - it was an educational facility. It was tiny. This school will cater for vocational students who will spend most of the time on work placements and not in the classroom.

There's going to be a lot built that won't be connected to the club - we know that as the land went to Brent from PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:17 pm

I am fully aware that the school won't have much to do with the club as unfortunately the club doesn't own any building land.
When the 'plans' were posted in the Herald, there was no mention of where the proposed development would be, I believe it mentioned 'near Home Park'. If the school is part of Mr Brent's plans for the development of the car park, then it is his to do with as he pleases. If, however, the school is planned for parkland near Home Park, then that's a completely different matter.
Are roads through the park and spaces for more carparks included in the plans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Dingle wrote:
I am fully aware that the school won't have much to do with the club as unfortunately the club doesn't own any building land.
When the 'plans' were posted in the Herald, there was no mention of where the proposed development would be, I believe it mentioned 'near Home Park'. If the school is part of Mr Brent's plans for the development of the car park, then it is his to do with as he pleases. If, however, the school is planned for parkland near Home Park, then that's a completely different matter.
Are roads through the park and spaces for more carparks included in the plans?

Then why mention pasoti, fanfares and Chris Webb?

You can have a look at the plans soon. They'll be 'out there' soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Which makes this famous post by Nool even more ridiculous and shows how sh#t he is at character judgement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Original title was "This man JB the lan developer" Laughing

The funniest thing about that thread, other than the quivering lip quote, is Newell's reaction to the first hint of somebody not agreeing with him. I have never seen anybody else able to get away with posts like that on Pasoti, yet Newell can say whatever he likes.

Also the ass-licking response from Postey. feck me that tw@t cannot get his tongue far enough up Newell and Webb's ass. "Great post Ian, super Ian, you're amazing Ian" just like every post from Webb, Postey's there "Great post Chris, I love you Chris, can I have your babies Chris". It's all Greenmen together, or it might just be Postey looking for a parent figure?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry but I needed a thread to see what my new piggy looked like, carry on.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 pm

An invisible one GOB, thats great! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

It's good though, innit. I likes it clown
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Not sure pink is really your colour though. Razz

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 pm

You'll just lurveeee this one, sugar tits

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 pm

cheers
Big boy! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 am

Dingle wrote:
Let alone the retail and food outlets. And the student accommodation.

I have had info today that a cinema complex will be in the development

I am on 999 I would like a win today for my 1000 post
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am

I look forward to seeing the plans at the Bradford game as promised on Pasoti by our president.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 am

My biggest concern is that the new stand matches the wooden dugouts.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:02 pm

I've lost count of the number of plans we've seen down the years.

I want to see bulldozers.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi all,

Both the PAS Board & the Club are hoping to agree the minutes between the two Boards for publication very soon (nothing underhand, we're just awaiting acknowledgment that everyone's read & agree with them).

This will allow for clarification around a number of the facts & possibly some new news regarding the redevelopment of the Grandstand; all positive in my view.

We'll post all of what we know as soon as we can....

Hearteningly (I hope you'll agree), James Brent is keen for the PAS Board to be heavily involved in the Grandstand 'project' from now on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 pm

JonB wrote:
Hi all,

Both the PAS Board & the Club are hoping to agree the minutes between the two Boards for publication very soon (nothing underhand, we're just awaiting acknowledgment that everyone's read & agree with them).

This will allow for clarification around a number of the facts & possibly some new news regarding the redevelopment of the Grandstand; all positive in my view.

Hearteningly (I hope you'll agree), James Brent is keen for the PAS Board to be heavily involved in the Grandstand 'project' from now on.

I'm pleased he's happy to deal with the Argyle Fans Trust PASB. clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:51 pm

JonB wrote:
Hi all,

That in theory sounds fine, Jon, but if the main decisions have been made already and the plans have gone for consultation (including another poorly attended & advertised Consultation meeting) how much is to be discussed? I had thought that the board were going to work with the fans on this one. I'm assuming it will be more than the colour of the paint or what beer to sell in the bar. I have heard of part of the proposals that include the incorporation of the "school" and am ambivalent about it. There seem to be plusses & minuses in that. I guess the Devil is in the detail. I'll with-hold judgement until then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 pm

JonB wrote:
Hi all,

you still will never be legit in anyones eyes this PASB its a cowboy format ruined by its creator.

ill give it a year tops before it folds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:12 pm

knecht wrote:
JonB wrote:
Hi all,

That in theory sounds fine, Jon, but if the main decisions have been made already and the plans have gone for consultation (including another poorly attended & advertised Consultation meeting) how much is to be discussed? I had thought that the board were going to work with the fans on this one. I'm assuming it will be more than the colour of the paint or what beer to sell in the bar. I have heard of part of the proposals that include the incorporation of the "school" and am ambivalent about it. There seem to be plusses & minuses in that. I guess the Devil is in the detail. I'll with-hold judgement until then.

A school, as part of the Grandstand, really?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:47 pm

GOB wrote:
A school, as part of the Grandstand, really?

That's what I understand is a clear option.

And Aldershot Exile suggests the same thing on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Maybe he has the same information.

Apparently the plans will be available at the Bradford game.
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:00 am

GOB wrote:
My biggest concern is that the new stand matches the wooden dugouts.

Or the new stand IS the wooden dugouts.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 pm

GOB wrote:
JonB wrote:
Hi all,

I'm pleased he's happy to deal with the Argyle Fans Trust PASB. clown

I seem to remember JB being keen on using the Trust and it's ability to survey it's members on the proposals for the grandstand. I suppose that's now gone out of the window? Quite how the PASB will consult anybody I fail to see, unless of course it uses the Trust to do it for them. I also hope that if fans are to have any meaningful input into the plans, it is not restricted to just a few dozen fans who use the internet.

I look forward to hearing the proposals for the grandstand. I hear they are all but signed sealed and decided? Quite how there is enough unused ( ????) space under the new grandstand for a school should be interesting. I would have thought changing rooms, physio suites, gyms, offices, corporate hospitality and bars for the ordinary fans would have more than taken up all the available space.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Grandstand   The New Grandstand - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Grandstand
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next