hairy j
Tringreen
argyl3
9 posters
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. Empty
PostSubject: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes our two tier stand look like - well a Ministand..

I think thats a 3 tier as well? wouldnt imagine the view being that good up in the god's.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Wot......... no school or dental surgery. No draughty alleyway. Not boxed in for generations, in the shadow of a cinema and ice rink ? ffs !
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Car park doesn't look very big mind you... Couldn't fit a Sainsbury's on that..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 4:05 pm

I have always thought something like Bayer Leverkusen's stadium would of been the ideal size for us. 30k and something a bit different. We can but dream.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:19 pm

It helps they've been in the champions league six times and reached the final once and played European football for about 25 years regularly but then, we're pretty much just like them and like Tottenham.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 pm

About time Liverpool FC got on with it. Apart the from the messing about with the ground sharing idea, they've been buying and then boarding up property around the area for years leaving it blighted for those left behind. I expect compulsory purchase orders will be landing on their doormats some time soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm talking about what would be an ideal ground, in size and design for Argyle, IF we would of ever been so bold to show a morsel of ambition.

I haven't mentioned the teams being comparable in any shape of form have I. But you knew that.

Edited to add: the above was in reply to the Hair, not Dougie.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Dougie wrote:
About time Liverpool FC got on with it.  Apart the from the messing about with the ground sharing idea, they've been buying and then boarding up property around the area for years leaving it blighted for those left behind.  I expect compulsory purchase orders will be landing on their doormats some time soon.

I think the main reason it's dragged on is because Comp Purch orders can't be enforced for things like extending football grounds. If they wanted to steam a fackin great motorway through the area that'd be a different story.

My amusement at Uniteds implosion is surpassed only by the number of plastic scousers under the age of 40 who have resurfaced for the first time in their adult life.  Very Happy 

There are people I've known for years who've never ever mentioned having a fondness for the red half of Merseyside, who are now talking about "us" when referring to Liverpool. Sad sad cnuts.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:18 pm

hairy j wrote:
It helps they've been in the champions league six times and reached the final once and played European football for about 25 years regularly but then, we're pretty much just like them and like Tottenham.

Good point.Brighton,Cardiff,Hull and Reading had been in the champions league on a regular basis before they built their new stadia as well,of course.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 8:56 pm

And nor does it need to be built in one hit.

An extension here, a new stand there as and when required is eminently sensible and achievable.

As long Home Park isn't strangled by development and roads that make such things impossible, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 pm

David Conn article on Liverpool imminent development

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Good point.Brighton,Cardiff,Hull and Reading had been in the champions league on a regular basis before they built their new stadia as well,of course.

Don't forget Swansea's , with council assistance.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 4:50 am

Brent has council 'assistance' too

Back to top Go down
Maurice Austin

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu May 08, 2014 6:33 pm

The planned new grandstand seems but a distant dream, or nightmare dependant on your standpoint, but .......... I have a cunning plan:

Turn up en-masse at Home Park, strip off roof and side panels of the old grandstand. Sell for scrap, put cash towards buying a discounted job lot of UVPC from a local DIY merchant.

Utilising unpaid volunteers, local ingenuity, ladders, and heavy duty tent hooks cover shell of grandstand with said UVPC, wire in some temporary lighting and as they say..... job done!

Hopefully should look something like this:

What could possibly go wrong?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:23 pm

The Risk Assessment would be interesting  clown 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm watching Brighton in their amaze-balls stadium that's full to the rafters. They're losing 1-2 against Derby County.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:04 am

Marty Starnes interview.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:59 pm

The first indication that Brenty has a few problems and that the Club could be in the shit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..   Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Now that's a "Proper" Grandstand..
Page 1 of 1